Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
whats dad dick mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
Ask your dad

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

illcendiary posted:

whats dad dick mean

I think it means "defeat without your starting PG and while dirty shotting your superstar player"

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Declan MacManus posted:

Kelly Olynyk Dropped 27 Points and I Am No Longer Afraid to Die

gormlessness

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Uhh... You don't have to wait. It's clear as day why the Spurs won't win the series.
Even warriors fans got shook by g1

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Warriors don't even make the finals without injuring Kawhi.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

illcendiary posted:

whats dad dick mean

It's a term that became popular on Reddit. I don't think anyone actually knows what it means

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

It's when you get bullied and owned by a grown rear end man. So like when Lebron switched onto DRose in the playoffs and exposed him for the fraud he was

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
It means incestuous rape

Probably

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The Glumslinger posted:

It means incestuous rape

Probably

If it's a reddit term then that seems likely.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Bashez posted:

Warriors don't even make the finals without injuring Kawhi.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Mr. F! posted:

It's a term that became popular on Reddit

So it's the functional equivalent of cuck then, cool

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Zogo posted:

The six 9-0 playoff teams and their MOV through that period:

I am in idiot what does MOV stand for?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
#spurswouldhavewon
fire the Debbie Wasserman Schultz
of the NBA

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

illcendiary posted:

So it's the functional equivalent of cuck then, cool

It basically means beating someone with experience.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Punkin Spunkin posted:

#spurswouldhavewon
fire the Debbie Wasserman Schultz
of the NBA

The DWS you say

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

BWV posted:

It's when you get bullied and owned by a grown rear end man. So like when Lebron switched onto DRose in the playoffs and exposed him for the fraud he was

i still have nightmares about that, yelling at the tv how is LeBron faster than you he weighs 70 more pounds aaaaa

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
dad dick sounds dumb and rapey and weird. and its explanation makes it seem even less appropriate since Pop is probably the ultimate dad dicker

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

BitterAvatar posted:

I am in idiot what does MOV stand for?

Margin of Victory

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I did not realize this until today, but the only All-Star - there's only ONE! - from the 2013 draft is Giannis. What a year.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

Temecula is a musecage if you will

It's R.D. Mangles muse cage we're all just posting on it

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

illcendiary posted:

whats dad dick mean

An example is what LeBron did to Curry in last years finals

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

E2M2 posted:

I mean the hair on his head and chin are gross as hell

Between lebron's overly precise amish chinstrap, Curry's spirit gum and pubes crossdressing routine, Javale Mcgee's "my razor broke before I got to the middle of my face" look, and Olynyks Unnameable Horror, this a very bad playoffs for facial hair

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The best thing pop can do is to have have all 5 of his court players jump right under Curry everytime he shoots and feign ignorance

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/864490571179724802

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Tae posted:

The best thing pop can do is to have have all 5 of his court players jump right under Curry everytime he shoots and feign ignorance

If there is a loose ball near Steph Curry his season should be over.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I can't believe the alt right won the last two games of the NBA playoffs
#spurxit
the Wizards can join us in the new ABA

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hook me up with some pro NBA twitter follows

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Brolander posted:

gormlessness

lol

zoux posted:

netw3rk is a must

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

why are you targeting steph curry? injure one of their good players instead imo, not a useless system pg who cant get by concussed kevin love

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

why are you targeting steph curry? injure one of their good players instead imo, not a useless system pg who cant get by concussed kevin love

Comments like this make me root for the warriors just to see when people melt down when Curry shoots a gently caress you three pointer.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

zoux posted:

What are you looking for? Regardless, I like @HPbasketball. That's Matt Moore who currently works for CBS but also created and ran the now inactive Hardwood Paroxysm site.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kibner posted:

What are you looking for? Regardless, I like @HPbasketball. That's Matt Moore who currently works for CBS but also created and ran the now inactive Hardwood Paroxysm site.

News is good, but I also enjoy weird Twitter so if there are accounts like that but focused on the NBA, I'd be interested.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rabid Snake posted:

Comments like this make me root for the warriors just to see when people melt down when Curry shoots a gently caress you three pointer.

That's a waste. You can't cure fandom idiocy. You'd have better luck convincing Bulls fans that Jordan isn't the best sportsman ever.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rabid Snake posted:

it takes some mental gymnastics to assume anyones going to be surprised or angry that a 73 win team that just added the 2nd best player in the league might win the championship

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Tae posted:

That's a waste. You can't cure fandom idiocy. You'd have better luck convincing Bulls fans that Jordan isn't the best sportsman ever.

I wish I had that fandom idiocy. I don't have fandom for any team really. I grew up in Vallejo so I do really root for Bay Area guys like Dame and Marshawn Lynch. I moved up to Washington since my College days and was a fan of the Sonics (and Gary Payton who is from Oakland) but they are gone now. Never was a fan of the Warriors and honestly hate their style of play. I like the Griz and their style of play but I'm not from there; so it's hard to get invested and be a fanatic

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol

netw3rk is a must

I find that dude annoying as hell on Twitter and his Ringer podcast/article work don't alleviate that much

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

roundmidnight posted:

I did not realize this until today, but the only All-Star - there's only ONE! - from the 2013 draft is Giannis. What a year.

Rudy Gobert (#27) might get there

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

it takes some mental gymnastics to assume anyones going to be surprised or angry that a 73 win team that just added the 2nd best player in the league might win the championship

People assumed that last year as well, yet I recall that the 73-win Golden State Warriors featuring the only unanimous MVP in league history blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals to lose the championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

zoux posted:

News is good, but I also enjoy weird Twitter so if there are accounts like that but focused on the NBA, I'd be interested.

Just off the top of my head @corbinasmith and @sreekyshooter are pretty funny

@pantsfreezone if you want to read about the NBA being rigged and also fiat money is a filthy lie

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 16, 2017

• Locked thread