Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Sup enemy of the big 3 telecoms buddy :hfive:

No cable, no cellphone contract (pay-as-you-go).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I guess my internet and cell phone are Bell now, gently caress this province.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I'd just like to take a moment so we can all remember the time when Canada's prime minister went gay for Hitler.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I just fell on the ground, hard, while entering a building to apply for sn internship and I apologized for making noise.

I'm a stereotype.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Also, remember that time two days ago when a Native woman was mauled to death by dogs on a reserve in Manitoba?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Yes, that is a suspicious death. Thank you CBC URL generator for mentioning that.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just fell on the ground, hard, while entering a building to apply for sn internship and I apologized for making noise.

I'm a stereotype.

did you say 'oop!' while falling? Not 'oops' but literally 'oop'?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

JawKnee posted:

did you say 'oop!' while falling? Not 'oops' but literally 'oop'?

I honestly can't remember.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

I honestly can't remember.

Were you on an episode of Just for Laughs Gags?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Arivia posted:

Were you on an episode of Just for Laughs Gags?

Think carefully: was a group of French Canadians giggling into their sleeves as something painfully unfunny happened?

quaint bucket
Nov 29, 2007

A Heritage Moment brought to you by...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Skippy Granola posted:

Think carefully: was a group of French Canadians giggling into their sleeves as something painfully unfunny happened?

The receptionist helped me up and got me an icepack for my knee. I did laugh at my luck after a while though, and I am french-canadian, so does that count?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
https://twitter.com/ipoliticsca/status/864207518758825991

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Why? Is she going to unite the right in Alberta with Kenney?

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Watch as she gets hired by Harper's firm.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
I was disappointed that I was not subjected to any extremely elaborate yet tame pranks in my visit to Quebec

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Black Bones posted:

I was disappointed that I was not subjected to any extremely elaborate yet tame pranks in my visit to Quebec

I was!

But it was basic training, so finding everyone's side tables heaped together in one room was not as inexplicable as it might have been.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
brb, going to Hollywood to pitch a goofball comedy about a hardluck poltergeist who isn't taken seriously by its peers because it was assigned to a barracks and the soldiers just assume its antics are hazing rituals.

don't worry Blade_of_tyshalle i'll cut you in

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Jagmeet Singh has some good coms people.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
AFAICT he's still basically a centrist but that's coming from a position where my pet candidate isn't running and would be further left than just about anyone the NDP has run since Tommy Douglas so yeah.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

IDK, that piece is a :syoon: bio and then "maybe he's progressive :shrug:". I don't think that's what he needs right now.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
...but he was in GQ

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

IDK, that piece is a :syoon: bio and then "maybe he's progressive :shrug:". I don't think that's what he needs right now.

vice staff has very good analysis actually

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

good reminder that justin is only the newest addition to our line up of white supremacist terrorist prime ministers

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Jagmeet sort of supported a group that might be seen as not being supportive of Israels current policies? RIP his political career.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

THC posted:

vice staff has very good analysis actually

I agree that they can do good analysis. Do you think it was in evidence in that article?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Subjunctive posted:

I agree that they can do good analysis. Do you think it was in evidence in that article?

yes. they analyzed that he was in GQ before being leader, whereas JT was only there after being leader. Also that as a touring BJJ expert he might be able to win charity boxing matches. This is cutting edge stuff

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Subjunctive posted:

Rock solid stuff, 10/10.

quote:

It's been exhaustively detailed elsewhere that Justin Trudeau's main strength is his image as semi-sexualized progressive darling rather than anything his government has actually done—or, more accurately, not done.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 26, 2018

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

http://www.parl.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?billId=8108134&Language=E&Mode=1

Good work Canada. This is a good thing to help people who have overdosed get the help they need.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Baronjutter posted:

Jagmeet sort of supported a group that might be seen as not being supportive of Israels current policies? RIP his political career.

I was going to make a joke about buying him a SodaStream but it turns out they actually left the occupied territories a couple of years ago so maybe he was right all along?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

good reminder that justin is only the newest addition to our line up of white supremacist terrorist prime ministers

Get banned you silly troll.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Get banned you silly troll.

It's a shame he's not good at it.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Is there any good CanPol podcasts out there I can listen to while driving?

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

DariusLikewise posted:

Is your drive 19 minutes? I have just the ticket, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLdEYw3ginA

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

DariusLikewise posted:

I'm a fan of Unique Canadian Podcasting.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

quote:

Some fish and seafood processing plants told officials that they needed temporary foreign workers because Canadians had quit their positions because of the conditions or difficulty of the work. The auditors were blunt in their response: "In our opinion, this type of situation appeared to be a retention problem and not a labour shortage problem."

The fish and seafood industry came up frequently.

Ferguson's team found that over 80 per cent laid off Canadian workers at companies in the sector were claiming employment insurance at the same time the companies were employing temporary foreign workers.

:raise:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"Works for fuckall and doesn't protest when treated unfairly" is a specialized skill you just can't find here.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

"Works for fuckall and doesn't protest when treated unfairly" is a specialized skill you just can't find here.

:ironicat: But this is in reference to Maritime industry :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Other than power and politics there aren't any I've found are put out with enough regularity for a daily drive. With that said:

Political Traction
The Boys In Short Pants
CBC Pollcast