Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

it takes some mental gymnastics to assume anyones going to be surprised or angry that a 73 win team that just added the 2nd best player in the league might win the championship

Quit being soft. I'm glad Kevin Durant bitched out of OKC. gently caress Clay Bennett he deserves it for not being loyal to Seattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

zoux posted:

People assumed that last year as well, yet I recall that the 73-win Golden State Warriors featuring the only unanimous MVP in league history blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals to lose the championship.

some might even call what they did a meltdown

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

The Duggler posted:

If people don't buy it they won't keep making it

Ah yes, Vote With Your Dollars.

Maybe some people are just grossed out by the constant creep of more and more ads into everything.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

roundmidnight posted:

I did not realize this until today, but the only All-Star - there's only ONE! - from the 2013 draft is Giannis. What a year.

It wasn't a good draft but it's also still pretty early. Gobert will make it next year, McCollum will get in at some point. Porter might sneak in down the line.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Ghost Dog posted:

it takes some mental gymnastics to assume anyones going to be surprised or angry that a 73 win team that just added the 2nd best player in the league might win the championship

Surprised no, but based on the last 100 pages anger seems quite common.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

morestuff posted:

It wasn't a good draft but it's also still pretty early. Gobert will make it next year, McCollum will get in at some point. Porter might sneak in down the line.

Those first two would've been all-stars by now if they were in the East

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Dad dicking is about how when you're a kid, you're in the locker room after swimming with your dad and you catch a glimpse of his cock and it's the biggest loving thing you've seen in your entire life compared to your little baby dick. And you're humbled and in awe by the experience.

It's a good metaphor imo.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

alansmithee posted:

Surprised no, but based on the last 100 pages anger seems quite common.

longer than that. we had a separate thread or two just for the anger after KD revealed his terrible plans

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

euphronius posted:

God they all look awful

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

zoux posted:

Hook me up with some pro NBA twitter follows

I like
@talkhoops for bad puns
@aminespn for poo poo talking and #PitinoGame
@world_wide_wob for weird NBA

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

attackmole posted:

Dad dicking is about how when you're a kid, you're in the locker room after swimming with your dad and you catch a glimpse of his cock and it's the biggest loving thing you've seen in your entire life compared to your little baby dick. And you're humbled and in awe by the experience.

It's a good metaphor imo.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

morestuff posted:

That's true, it's only been a few years, but man. What a terrible class.

I don't actually think McCollum has that great a shot at it unless the Blazers improve significantly. There's just too many good backcourt players in the West.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

zoux posted:

People assumed that last year as well, yet I recall that the 73-win Golden State Warriors featuring the only unanimous MVP in league history blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA finals to lose the championship.

Let it be known that I didn't believe when they added kd they will the championship and I still don't

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Metapod posted:

Let it be known that I didn't believe when they added kd they will the championship and I still don't

your faith is a powerful tonic in these trying times

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Dreamy

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Speaking of your avatar, moving to Seattle in 2006 and following the Hawks; the Warriors are following the same "global" hatred the Hawks went through since 2012. I have season tickets but I sell them just to break even and see two games.

edit: A historically bad team who has recent success with a new coach who wins it in the second season

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Zogo posted:

It looks like we're on course for round 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whsDovGwYnI

She's right.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

God bless

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

illcendiary posted:

whats dad dick mean

When you have a huge dick and you like Seinfeld/Curb.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rabid Snake posted:

Speaking of your avatar, moving to Seattle in 2006 and following the Hawks; the Warriors are following the same "global" hatred the Hawks went through since 2012. I have season tickets but I sell them just to break even and see two games.

Sure. Any team you pay enough attention to and that wins enough will generate some more or less legitimate reasons to hate them (as legit as "hating" a sports person you've never met can get at least) and the single worst things about the Warriors and Warriors hate are that they aren't the Magic and it isn't Magic hate.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I made my yearly sojourn to the Pelicans subreddit just to remind myself why I never post there. Nothing new, hardly anything interesting, a bunch of people madder at Eric Gordan and Ryan Anderson than people in this thread are mad at KD and Zaza.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

Sure. Any team you pay enough attention to and that wins enough will generate some more or less legitimate reasons to hate them (as legit as "hating" a sports person you've never met can get at least) and the single worst things about the Warriors and Warriors hate are that they aren't the Magic and it isn't Magic hate.

Yeah, which I find funny working/living in Seattle where people talk poo poo about the Warriors. They are in the same position with the Seahawks.

Cognitive Dissonance is real.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Kibner posted:

I made my yearly sojourn to the Pelicans subreddit just to remind myself why I never post there. Nothing new, hardly anything interesting, a bunch of people madder at Eric Gordan and Ryan Anderson than people in this thread are mad at KD and Zaza.

Reddit is cancer. Why do you even go there? Use twitter with your friends, or what reddit calls "black twitter", its so much better.

Reddit steals from twitter, see earlier: dad dick is from reddit

Mr. F! posted:

It's a term that became popular on Reddit. I don't think anyone actually knows what it means

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 16, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rabid Snake posted:

Yeah, which I find funny working/living in Seattle where people talk poo poo about the Warriors. They are in the same position with the Seahawks.

Cognitive Dissonance is real.

That said, gently caress The Seahawks and gently caress the Warriors, shithead cheater frontrunning herbs every loving one of them. Russell Wilson is extremely the Steph Curry of the NFL I just realized

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

That said, gently caress The Seahawks and gently caress the Warriors, shithead cheater frontrunning herbs every loving one of them. Russell Wilson is extremely the Steph Curry of the NFL I just realized

I hope Kaepernick signs with the Seahawks. He's dope

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rabid Snake posted:

I hope Kaepernick signs with the Seahawks. He's dope

I officially need a new avatar but I don't know what to get. This one has served me well

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rabid Snake posted:

Reddit is cancer. Why do you even go there? Use twitter with your friends, or what reddit calls "black twitter", its so much better.

Reddit steals from twitter, see earlier: dad dick is from reddit

I don't. Today was the first time I checked in a year to see if it had gotten any better. It hasn't. I check in on some team specific forums occasionally for the same reason. I am always disappointed.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

DeimosRising posted:

two sides of the same tech bro coin

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

I love tech it got me out of the shithole of Vallejo

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Ghost Dog posted:

Seahawks are super not tech bro, Paul Allen is old school nerd wizard

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Graphs of team profiles:

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

It's appropriate that the Raptors' graph looks like the sword they fall onto every year in the playoffs.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
On the whole Clifford's system has worked out but it's frustrating watching a team that starts Kemba, Batum, MKG, Marvin Williams and Cody Zeller never ever get out in transition

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well how about that.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

DeimosRising posted:

I officially need a new avatar but I don't know what to get. This one has served me well

It's kind of funny. A lot of my co-workers, who previously hated Kaep, now want to sign him as the back up. I've been on the Kaep bandwagon though so I might be bias at laughing at them.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

HOIBALL

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

HOIBALL

PACE

AND

SPACE

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I don't understand why Portland can't and doesn't make more transition plays. Is it cause of Stotts or are CJ and Dame just not big enough to beat guys in transition or what.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

The Raptors one is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Look at how similar the Spurs and Knicks are:

• Locked thread