Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

2018 news

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/864228911810523137

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

I think the best thing for the league tomorrow is for the Sixers to get #1, the Kings to get #2, and uh, Dallas to get #3.

retweet if you agree with me

Actually best scenario is Kings #1, Pelicans #2, whoever #3, Lakers #6, Sixers #7.

I'd sacrifice the Lakers pick a few spots for the Kings winning the lottery and only moving from 8th to 7th.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

gently caress me.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Jota posted:

Actually best scenario is Kings #1, Pelicans #2, whoever #3, Lakers #6, Sixers #7.

I'd sacrifice the Lakers pick a few spots for the Kings winning the lottery and only moving from 8th to 7th.

I always forget about the 2019 pick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Duval is what happens when you take one part John Wall one part Kyrie and add Russell Westbrook. Start looking up footage now because he's going to spend the next fifteen years crossing fools.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jota posted:

Missing the pick will create the least sports-anxiety for me so I'm fine with it. Spending all Spring/early-Summer dreading Johnson picking Ball #1 is the legit worst case scenario but him picking him at 2 or 3 isn't much better.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sending the Balls out of LA is a dream scenario. Please shut up.

But that's not going to happen. The Lakers are going to take him and his dad will never shut up and every time I turn on the radio they'll talk about what new poo poo he came up with next and they'll say they all hate him and then can't wait to put a microphone in front of his gimmick mouth.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Kibner posted:

The Ringer made a pretty cool draft summary site: http://nbadraft.theringer.com

quote:

Frank Ntilikana

A defensive stopper at the point guard spot with excellent feel, but his rawness leaves his upside a complete mystery.

Best-Case Scenario: George Hill, Jeremy Lin

quote:

A defensive stopper

quote:

Jeremy Lin

:crossarms:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

so is ferguson any good?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

so is ferguson any good?

not since the riots no

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

kiimo posted:

Sending the Balls out of LA is a dream scenario. Please shut up.

But that's not going to happen. The Lakers are going to take him and his dad will never shut up and every time I turn on the radio they'll talk about what new poo poo he came up with next and they'll say they all hate him and then can't wait to put a microphone in front of his gimmick mouth.

Well considering how bad a fit he is for LA you probably only have to worry about him for a couple years.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Yeah they started off calling Fultz a defensive stopper which is super silly. He has the physical tools to be maybe but he's an awful defender at the moment. I just didn't want to get nitpicky since I already post too much in this thread anyway.

R.D. Mangles posted:

so is ferguson any good?

I don't think so but he was extremely hyped out of high school so maybe that's hidden in him somewhere.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Shea Serrano and netw3rk are good, but the Ringer's Serious NBA Analysis has been incredibly disappointing.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Probably Magic posted:

gently caress Duke

Ftfy

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Rick posted:

Yeah they started off calling Fultz a defensive stopper which is super silly. He has the physical tools to be maybe but he's an awful defender at the moment. I just didn't want to get nitpicky since I already post too much in this thread anyway.

No you don't

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Christ, I completely forgot about this thread

God, I hope we keep our pick and that Magic doesn't loving blow it on Ball

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

Well considering how bad a fit he is for LA you probably only have to worry about him for a couple years.

I dunno, I don't watch any NCAA so my opinions are super lovely but I don't see why Ball and Russell can't co-exist in the backcourt. It'd give them great shooting and ball handling, you wouldn't get any size mismatch from switching, and I don't think they'd get in each others way.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rick posted:

never stop draftposting brother, you gotta post about the draft even when you're only posting about the draft in your heart brother

quote:

I don't think so but he was extremely hyped out of high school so maybe that's hidden in him somewhere.

You will occasionally get late bloomers that don't do (as) well in college for various reasons but they usually at least show some flashes of what made them so promising to begin with

It's also worth mentioning that even though Aussie basketball is lovely competition, Ferguson is putting up okayish numbers against more physically mature players despite not being able to dribble

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I cannot remember being this excited for a goddamn draft lottery

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I did a lotto sim on ESPN and the Wolves got the second pick but ended up with Fultz anyways because the Lakers took Ball #1 so that's what's going to happen now.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

If that happens, the Sixers also get the #4 and Sam Hinkie will enter into the final stage of his metamorphisis into a godking.

No one wants to play for Vivek or sit on the Boston bench for the whole year.

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/864213325655162880

They said the same poo poo last year but Jaylen Brown just made highlight plays to help the Celtics get to the ECF as a rookie so

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Chad Ford said that no one wants to work out from the Kings. But either he's recycling quotes or just talking to the same agent
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6bdlrw/either_chad_ford_is_talking_to_the_same_agent/

quote:

Quote from last year's Draft Combine:
"It's the most dysfunctional team in the NBA," one agent said. "I've had several clients there. They were miserable. Miserable. They don't know what they're doing. And nothing they've done this spring has changed my opinion. It would be malpractice to send one of my clients there."
Quote from this year's Draft Combine:
"It would be malpractice to let my clients play for them" one longtime agent said. "I've had clients there. It's still the most dysfunctional front office in the league, by a mile. How can you trust those guys with one of your players? It's going to take a long time to build that trust."

Also apparently the Kings are getting looks at players
http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2017/5/15/15630594/sacramento-kings-predraft-visits-lottery-vlade-divac-scott-perry

quote:

Not only did Markelle Fultz, the player most believe will go with the top overall pick, sit down with the Kings brass, Sacramento got the first crack at an interview with the guard from Washington. Perry, the team’s new executive vice president of basketball operations has ties to the Fultz camp, which is usually the way this all works.

quote:

“We have as a company (CAA), four or five guys that are going in the top 20,” agent Aaron Mintz told NBC Sports California. “They will all be going to Sacramento and we are very hopeful that the Kings will take one if not two of them.”

quote:

“If other people see problems, we see enormous opportunity,” BJ Armstrong told NBC Sports California about Sacramento.

So I guess Chad Ford is still a hack and hiring Perry is already working out for the Kings

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 15:24 on May 16, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

WhyteRyce posted:

Chad Ford said that no one wants to work out from the Kings. But either he's recycling quotes or just talking to the same agent
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/6bdlrw/either_chad_ford_is_talking_to_the_same_agent/

Also apparently the Kings are getting looks at players
http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2017/5/15/15630594/sacramento-kings-predraft-visits-lottery-vlade-divac-scott-perry

So I guess Chad Ford is still a hack and hiring Perry is already working out for the Kings

Lol @ Ford, but what's the reason for Fultz talking with the Kings?

There is literally a 0% chance that he could go there due to the pick swap and they don't have the assets to make a package for him.

Ball seems like a much more feasible target to draft directly or a trade.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Redgrendel2001 posted:

There is literally a 0% chance that he could go there

Maybe that's the entire reason Fultz went.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I think #8, #10, and Papa John is good enough for Fultz. I mean #8, #10, and Buddy Hield was good enough for an all-star center

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

The more I read about Frank the more I think of Patrick Beverly.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm half convinced the Lakers are gonna end up with the #4 pick as karma for firing Jim Black

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm half convinced the Lakers are gonna end up with the #4 pick as karma for firing Jim Black

Real Karma would be #1 and Magic taking Ball

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

They literally cannot end up with the #4 pick.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lockback posted:

I really hope this happens

And Sixers pick #2

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
My only wish is the kings get into the top 3 only for it to be taken away from them by Phili

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Cool Buff Man posted:

They said the same poo poo last year but Jaylen Brown just made highlight plays to help the Celtics get to the ECF as a rookie so

This thread was one of the first to acknowledge Jaylen Brown: useful rookie, despite its own internal rookies are bad law that might seem to abnegate the concept

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Ty1990 posted:

The more I read about Frank the more I think of Patrick Beverly.

I'm thinking a less athletic young Shaun Livingston with a jumper

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

I already told you that's what's happening a few posts ago :colbert:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
All the Kings fuckery has me confused.

1. If they don't leapfrog the Sixers, does the Sixers option to pick swap roll to next year?

2. If NO gets a Top 3 pick, does our claim to their draft pick roll over to next year?

3. When do they owe a pick to the Bulls? The next time they finish out of the Bottom 10?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If NO gets top 3, they keep the pick. Rolls over to next year with top 1 protection (:lol: vlade doesn't understand what these pick protections are)

If the pick is in the top 10, then the Kings keep the pick and owe the Bulls nothing

Pick swap does not roll over.

It is entirely possible that the pick swap and the Bulls pick don't convey and our extremely terrible trades get downgraded to just boneheaded

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Metapod posted:

My only wish is the kings get into the top 3 only for it to be taken away from them by Phili

I thought we were bros man :(

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

WhyteRyce posted:

I thought we were bros man :(

I love you, too, but the funniest scenario plays out something like:

King and Pel picks fall #1 and #2, in some order.
A non-BKN, PHX, LAL, PHI pick jumps up to number 3 to make the swap with PHI end up with #7.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
You could think of it as the Kings moving up a slot from their current #8! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

My Dream Lottery order is Sacramento #1 -> Pelicans #2 -> Pheonix #3. Maximum chaos.

• Locked thread