Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Guy at the station said he's never seen so many star wipes in a row

Better Call Saul Season 3 - Guy at the station said he's never seen so many star wipes in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nail Rat posted:

So at this point from Breaking Bad the show has

Mike
Mike's daughter in law
Jimmy
Francesca
Tuco
Hector Salamanca
Gus
Victor
rear end in a top hat bluetooth guy
Tyrus
Huell
Lydia
Krazy 8
Don Eladio
Dr. Goodman (the guy who saves Gus and Mike)
Probably some other minor people I'm forgetting

It's kind of everyone except the Whites and the PInkmans. They missed a golden opportunity to bring back the junkyard guy though

We haven't had motherfucking Gale yet. I'm sure he's soon to arrive though. The pieces are falling together.

I'd also really like to see Huell's frequent "partner" show up. He was always fun.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 16, 2017

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's not like Bill Burr is a busy dude, I'm sure he'd be an easy get.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Nail Rat posted:

So at this point from Breaking Bad the show has

Mike
Mike's daughter in law
Jimmy
Francesca
Tuco
Hector Salamanca
Gus
Victor
rear end in a top hat bluetooth guy
Tyrus
Huell
Lydia
Krazy 8
Don Eladio
Dr. Goodman (the guy who saves Gus and Mike)

The black market gun salesman.

I was thinking Tyrus was the most egregious "clearly way older in the prequel" guy, but I immediately forgot and forgave that with Lydia's cameo.

Gus and his 'partner' made meth well before Gale and Walt ever came into the picture, so buying the laundry facility now makes some sense. The biggest issue is how that gets up and running successfully enough to get Gus' partner killed before Hector has a debilitating stroke (which is looking more imminent). I trust Gilligan and co. to make it work, though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What was up with Nacho and the sewing machine? A shot of contracted pupils and a total indifference to pain... so he's on heroin.

Chuck's arrogance is titanic. He had a battery in his pocket for an hour, felt no pain, and yet still doesn't think his condition is psychosomatic. Jesus dude.

rangi
May 25, 2006

Girl , you thought he was man , but he was a MUFFIN

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It could be, I'm just inferring 2001 since the whiskey was a '66 and Hamlin says it's 35 years old. Either way, well before BB or the superlab.

Whiskey stops aging once it's bottled.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

precision posted:

What was up with Nacho and the sewing machine? A shot of contracted pupils and a total indifference to pain... so he's on heroin.

Chuck's arrogance is titanic. He had a battery in his pocket for an hour, felt no pain, and yet still doesn't think his condition is psychosomatic. Jesus dude.

On the other hand this is the first time in the series he has intentionally exposed himself for no other reason than (apparently) to convince himself he can cope. He also appears to be seeking treatment.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rangi posted:

Aren't the confirmed dates of each episode 1 2002 for Saul and 2008 for BB?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

rangi posted:

Yes but it also starst getting rarer.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

precision posted:

I was thinking more distracted at work because of side job as a violent organized criminal.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Blind Pineapple posted:

Gus and his 'partner' made meth well before Gale and Walt ever came into the picture, so buying the laundry facility now makes some sense. The biggest issue is how that gets up and running successfully enough to get Gus' partner killed before Hector has a debilitating stroke (which is looking more imminent). I trust Gilligan and co. to make it work, though.

These joke posts are getting ridiculous! I know it's hilarious to pretend to be confused by simple things like timelines but this one is straining credibility.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
I concur, the It'Saul'Goodman pun is too precious.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Why is Gus's hermano working for Tampico furniture? What does a taquería need with furniture? Serious replies only

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

RJWaters2 posted:

Why is Gus's hermano working for Tampico furniture? What does a taquería need with furniture? Serious replies only

RJWaters2 posted:

Front gig / side gig?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nthing what has been said about how great it is seeing this whole collection of people being brought together, with their attendant concerns, struggles, arguments, gently caress-ups, successes etc all rendered ultimately irrelevant because they're all fated to have their lives destroyed by Walter White in a few years.

I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, it's really great because it serves both to humanize/build on those characters while enhancing Breaking Bad. On every rewatch now seeing Walt destroy these people is going to have so much more impact.

That closing shot of her just sitting there in stunned silence after watching the resurrection of Saul Goodman :discourse:

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
I googled it and apparently sensitivity to batteries isn't even a real thing. I bet that Chuck is faking it or just plain crazy.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

I googled it and apparently sensitivity to batteries isn't even a real thing. I bet that Chuck is faking it or just plain crazy.

That's a bold claim. Do you have any evidence to back that up?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I feel like Mark Margolis has been old forever. I mean, this is him back in Oz 2003 (Warning: Spoilers for character's fate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtduRh4b7ho

For anyone who hasn't seen Oz, there's narration during each episode (except for the musical one, I believe). This episode featured Margolis' Italian gangster character Antonio Nappa, doing it. gently caress, he did such a good job in that show. Everyone did. Everyone in Oz went on to either The Wire, Law & Order, or both. It's got weird pacing and filming now, but man, I feel that it ushered in the golden age of tv that we're still in today.

I love Oz :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oz ruled, it did some crazy off-the-wall stuff for its time.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Its a really strange show that was made yet more strange by budget and scheduling issues.

I love it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is there some joke I'm missing with all these unfunny fake posts today or what

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Ehud posted:

That's a bold claim. Do you have any evidence to back that up?

can you check your left cargo pants pocket

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

muscles like this! posted:

Well they had to construct an entire (secret) underground facility.

I wonder is they completely constructed it, or just repurposed it and put a laundry machine over it?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

precision posted:

I think Nacho thought that after getting Tuco out of the way, he'd be free to conduct his business like a businessman rather than a "criminal". Now, especially seeing how Gus conducts himself, he's realizing that Tuco was just a symptom of the real problem: Hector. It's not like he can go to Hector and say "I'm out, I've decided I want to work for my dad now. Good luck with your drug empire." So I think in the sewing machine scene, he's distracted by the fact that he's trapped in a situation where he's now having to compromise his core values.

It's like the speech Mike gives Pryce, "I've known bad cops and good criminals, etc." Nacho doesn't think of himself as the guy who beats the poo poo out of one of his own employees for coming up short the first time, especially after trying to make up the difference out of his own cut of the money. He wants to be a good criminal, and he's realizing that as long as Hector is his boss, that's never going to happen.

Then in the later scene when Hector tries to drag Nacho's Dad into things as well, that's the final straw. At that point, he knows that there's only one way out of this.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I will say that Nacho is oddly likeable for, you know, a drug enforcer.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Troy Queef posted:

i already tried calling the number for Saul Goodman Productions

it doesn't work (yet)

It's also the number on the billboard in S1 for James M McGill, Esq.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

We also have some evidence that Nacho (with at least the knowledge and possibly the assistance of Saul/Jimmy) is gonna do something that the Cartel would want to kill him for.

In Breaking Bad when Walt and Jesse kidnap Saul he thinks it's the cartel and says "It wasn't me, it was Ignacio!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nacho's gonna fill that capsule with ricin and Huell is gonna plant it on Hector

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

finally a commercial

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.
"Jimmy?"
"Yes?"
"I'd like to gently caress that Saul Goodman guy."
"Hmmmm...yeah. Yeah, we could do that sometime."
"I was thinking tonight."
"Well, the goatee...I don't have it. It belongs to the makeup girl."
"Oh. Uh, can you call her?"
"Tonight? It's late. She's probably asleep."
"So? Wake her. Give her a hundred dollars for it. She won't be mad about that."
"I dunno, Kim."
"Jimmy, this is...urgent."
"I really don't think--"
"GODDAMMIT, JIMMY, YOU loving MORON! GET THE GOATEE! I'M ABOUT TO HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY HERE!"

MasterControl
Jul 28, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Bobby Digital posted:

Todd is still living in Dillon, TX at the time of this show.

This is the second Friday night lights joke I've seen in this thread, so thanks for being braver than me to make one.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

precision posted:

I will say that Nacho is oddly likeable for, you know, a drug enforcer.

Nacho is definitely my favorite of all the non-Breaking Bad characters (no easy feat!) and I think it's due in large part to the fact that he seems like a regular, smart, patient, decent dude who just happens to work for a drug cartel. He's somehow equal parts approachable and threatening as opposed to, say, Tuco.

That said, if I'm ranking these characters by their likelihood to survive the series, Nacho is way at the bottom of the list :(

e: for shits and giggles that ranking would probably go Nacho, Chuck, Kim, Howard.

Karmine fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 16, 2017

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Karmine posted:

Nacho is definitely my favorite of all the non-Breaking Bad characters (no easy feat!) and I think it's due in large part to the fact that he seems like a regular, smart, patient, decent dude who just happens to work for a drug cartel. He's somehow equal parts approachable and threatening as opposed to, say, Tuco.

That said, if I'm ranking these characters by their likelihood to survive the series, Nacho is way at the bottom of the list :(

e: for shits and giggles that ranking would probably go Nacho, Chuck, Kim, Howard.

Counterpoint : we know for certain that none of them ever meet Walter white

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hiddenmovement posted:

Counterpoint : we know for certain that none of them ever meet Walter white

Indeed, in much the same way we knew for certain that Saul Goodman didn't have an older brother that was allergic to electricity.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It could be, I'm just inferring 2001 since the whiskey was a '66 and Hamlin says it's 35 years old. Either way, well before BB or the superlab.

Whiskey stops aging once its bottled. It could be a 100 year old bottle of 35 year old scotch.

efb

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
what is saul does commercials for los pollos hermanos lol

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

He's not going to do nice commercials for discerning clients. This whole plot point is to bridge the gap between the reasonably good commercials he was making before, to the absolute garbage slide-whistles-and-clipart ones he makes in BB.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

He's not going to do nice commercials for discerning clients. This whole plot point is to bridge the gap between the reasonably good commercials he was making before, to the absolute garbage slide-whistles-and-clipart ones he makes in BB.

"Did you know you have Rights? The Constitution says you do." is one of my all time favorite lines in Breaking Bad. Odenkirk nails the delivery of a guy who is banging out like a dozen of these commercials in an afternoon.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if Jimmy specifically asks his film student buddies to make the ads look as tacky as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

Help Im Alive posted:

I wonder if Jimmy specifically asks his film student buddies to make the ads look as tacky as possible

My take on it: He would rather have made something nicer. But given the time frame he had to work in, he may have realized that the only way to produce something effective would be to go in the opposite direction and just go all-out for tacky.

• Locked thread