Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Blood and Money because we're mercenaries not girl scouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
Red Handed, because morals or something.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Would those damage mechanic prevent such accidents like ol' Tapco being left planless? I bet a Frogfoot could survive dinky Chicom AA fire.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
If the winning plan lacks firepower for taking care of witnesses, maybe modify the plan accordingly? More bombs and planes! Remember, kids: There is no such thing as overkill. :devil: :eng101:

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

JcDent posted:

Would those damage mechanic prevent such accidents like ol' Tapco being left planless? I bet a Frogfoot could survive dinky Chicom AA fire.

Quite likely yes. As long as the cockpit isn't breached it probably would have kept flying.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Yooper posted:

Quite likely yes. As long as the cockpit isn't breached it probably would have kept flying.

For want of a Nail DLC...

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Blood and Money

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

TildeATH posted:

Blood and Money because we're mercenaries not girl scouts.

Exactly. Blood and Money.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Davin Valkri posted:

Even leaving aside the morals of it, because holy gently caress, we don't have enough bombs and missiles to sanitize the sea and air ready to fire in this plan. Red Handed.

Yeah, we have what, 8 bombs? Hitting half a ship would just be embarrassing.

Switching to Red Handed

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Agreed, the only thing worse than undertaking morally compromised action is doing it incompetently and with insufficient force. Red Handed

If you're gonna go evil, make sure you've got the guns to go hard.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Red Handed but only for want of more munitions

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
If comes down to it, we go Red Handed.

Seriously, if we have the Argus up, we can see any witnesses on radar and just route around them. Besides, it not like Llyod's has subpoena power to call witnesses...

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Night10194 posted:

Agreed, the only thing worse than undertaking morally compromised action is doing it incompetently and with insufficient force. Red Handed

If you're gonna go evil, make sure you've got the guns to go hard.

Getting caught is what makes it immoral to mercenaries, I think.

Plus, girl scouts drop cookies all over the place, and we would too.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 16, 2017

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Bacarruda posted:

If comes down to it, we go Red Handed.

Seriously, if we have the Argus up, we can see any witnesses on radar and just route around them. Besides, it not like Llyod's has subpoena power to call witnesses...

Red Handed : I'll attempt to route as best as I can to minimize detection by witnesses. Only if this isn't possible, ie there's an MQ-9 overhead with Gorgon Stare, will I not fire.

Blood and Money : We kill the freighter then kill the witnesses.

The tricky part with Red Handed is we won't know until after the mission whether or not we were detected, and by whom. That fishing boat or tug might be on the radar but will have no clue what's happening until they see an explosion on the horizon. Or it could be a civilian flight that catches our radar signature and path back to base.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Really gotta emphasize the disinfo part of my plan.

Even if we get seen, its okay, cuz the Free State did it by all evidence.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I love knowing that we are, right now, making a cool bonus mission that every player playing the Ace Combat campaign we're running will loving hate because it's the 'don't get detected and only shoot one thing' op.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Would it be possible to try and drop below the radar horizon and lose contact from any boats before leaving a trail back home?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Gonna go with Red Handed because I don't particularly fancy potentially having to shoot down a 747 for the "no witnesses" thing.

Tetraptous
Nov 11, 2004

Dynamic instability during transition.
Red Handed: using the Kfirs to commit a false flag operation is already our "Plan B" for if we're detected. A murderous "no witnesses" approach just increases the risk that we'll be found out as the real culprits.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Saros posted:

I would have made one if I could get smooth video recording with it but sadly my laptop is too crappy.

Aurora though :getin:

I was thinking of running an Aurora based merc game where of aliens visit earth, sponsor a merc company/ sell them alien F-35 analog ships and strike craft in order to try to turn a profit but I am not really sure if Aurora is that fun to watch for people. How modable is CMANO and does it support custom maps?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Blood and Money

If we are gonna war crime we gotta go full war crime.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Red Handed

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
If we had custom engagement rules, I would say no oil tankers, no passenger liners and no international passenger flights. That kind of poo poo gets investigated for years.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Night10194 posted:

I love knowing that we are, right now, making a cool bonus mission that every player playing the Ace Combat campaign we're running will loving hate because it's the 'don't get detected and only shoot one thing' op.

Speaking of Ace Combat, I browsed through the CMANO workshop and I'm amazed there's no scenarios set in Strangereal.

For that matter, I'm guessing multiplayer isn't a thing. Imagine a Goon vs. Goon LP...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Speaking of Ace Combat, I browsed through the CMANO workshop and I'm amazed there's no scenarios set in Strangereal.

For that matter, I'm guessing multiplayer isn't a thing. Imagine a Goon vs. Goon LP...

Without rules for particle cannons Strangereal cannot yet be modeled.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Telsa Cola posted:

I was thinking of running an Aurora based merc game where of aliens visit earth, sponsor a merc company/ sell them alien F-35 analog ships and strike craft in order to try to turn a profit but I am not really sure if Aurora is that fun to watch for people. How modable is CMANO and does it support custom maps?

Aurora's got a sizeable following 'round these parts, I think if you did it you'd get a solid viewership. Re: CMANO, the main problem is that you can't use any vehicles not in the database, and you can't edit the database unless you've got the pro version that costs hundreds of dollars and is only sold to militaries/defense firms anyways.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Added Space posted:

If we had custom engagement rules, I would say no oil tankers, no passenger liners and no international passenger flights. That kind of poo poo gets investigated for years.

Yes oil tankers, tell the Free State reddit to buy oil shares, and pay them a few million anonymously after the strike :D

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Red handed because we don't need this, just really want it. We already have viable alternatives for taking the capital.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Telsa Cola posted:

I was thinking of running an Aurora based merc game where of aliens visit earth, sponsor a merc company/ sell them alien F-35 analog ships and strike craft in order to try to turn a profit but I am not really sure if Aurora is that fun to watch for people.

I hope it's interesting for someone at least! I have an aurora LP where goons play as naval officers about half built and just need a bunch of time to fill out Sol with traffic and installations etc.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Red Handed for the reasons everybody else already covered.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Red Handed, because sinking a cruise ship or downing a 747 to appease a member of the Bulgarian mob in his attempt to commit insurance fraud just feels like a bad business decision.

First person to argue about whether this might kill fewer people in the end will be thrown on the tracks in front of a speeding trolley, and, so help me God, I won't pull the lever to divert it from you.

It's a war; soldiers and mercenaries can expect to die for their country, for their convictions, or for a fat paycheque. The same doesn't apply to murdering Mrs. Ombofuse's third-grade choir on their way to the all-Namibia championship.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

SlightlyMad posted:

If the winning plan lacks firepower for taking care of witnesses, maybe modify the plan accordingly? More bombs and planes! Remember, kids: There is no such thing as overkill. :devil: :eng101:

If the people wanted more planes they should have voted for more planes. Plus, there's no real reason for voting if you're going to significantly alter the outcome anyway.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Night10194 posted:

Without rules for particle cannons Strangereal cannot yet be modeled.

You could represent some of the earlier games/missions - although you'd probably need to turn on the 'infinite munitions' setting to account for all the missiles that get thrown around like candy.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

You could represent some of the earlier games/missions - although you'd probably need to turn on the 'infinite munitions' setting to account for all the missiles that get thrown around like candy.

That option only ensures that you're aircraft weapon stores don't run out not that the aircraft can shoot infinite missiles.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
red handed

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dreamsicle posted:

That option only ensures that you're aircraft weapon stores don't run out not that the aircraft can shoot infinite missiles.

Oh right.

Still, a 'Strangereal' campaign between imagi-nations would be interesting.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh right.

Still, a 'Strangereal' campaign between imagi-nations would be interesting.

Belkan Special Power: Own Goal Warcrimes.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Night10194 posted:

Belkan Special Power: Own Goal Warcrimes.

With the lasers they model for the new expansion, you could probably make a ghetto version of Excalibur.

Also with chains of war, we hopeully we get more cargo and amphib ops, we can possibly do more stuff with our transport and even helicopters.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Jimmy4400nav posted:

With the lasers they model for the new expansion, you could probably make a ghetto version of Excalibur.

If you want to do a Stonehenge-like IADS, nuclear SAMs are already in the database.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Davin Valkri posted:

If you want to do a Stonehenge-like IADS, nuclear SAMs are already in the database.

When can we buy those