Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Typo posted:

idk about that all I know is that there are way too many CS students graduating it's literally like 2-4x what it was a few years ago

I got a feeling though that on the long run there are gonna be jobs for us because I don't see what's gonna stop the tech train

DBAs, i have no idea I have never applied for a DBA position before

zucks dream of massively depressing IT wages is coming true big league. I'm sure there will be high paid niches for anybody who actually knows what the gently caress they're doing.

i was half considering going for a CS degree to start a DBA career but did get this feeling it was being insanely bloated with people and in a constant state of boom or bust. Thinking I'm better off doing applied math/statistics and going for a data science career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Flavius Belisarius posted:

"Ar-Raheem is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice”

I've also been called 99 names, if you catch my drift, the babe in the burqa knows what I'm talking about.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Epic High Five posted:

*feverishly breaking up Mossad revenge plots*

"Hey uh maybe come back later okay uhhhhhh"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

triple sulk posted:

bibi spent part of his youth just outside philadelphia, the best city in the united states of america

Philly is a Wilmington, DE suburb.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/LahavHarkov/status/864544173638258692

when the going gets tough, trump waddles the gently caress off stage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s62msrPjSVY

me irl

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Nichael posted:

poo poo, that's an oddly specific reference for the trump thread that I get. I feel so honored!!!

total wine is pretty awesome. and it's always oddly crowded despite how massive it is

there's a Total Wine by me and it owns owns owns

just a big old supermarket of booze and booze-related products

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

It's... progress

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Nonsense posted:

is rhode island as bad as they say?

Yes. It rains all the time, the beaches are mediocre, and Providence is run by the Italian mob.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
"Is it okay for public officials to lie to the public"
"Uh.........WELL I'M HEDGING BECAUSE UH"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

triple sulk posted:

bibi spent part of his youth just outside philadelphia, the best city in the united states of america

The cities in PA are so good that it's odd how the rest of the state is so bad.

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

I've lived in Philly my whole life and they advertise Total Wine in DE on the radio all the time and yet I've never been, sad

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

there's a Total Wine by me and it owns owns owns

just a big old supermarket of booze and booze-related products

I LIKE TO CALL IT TOTAL DRUNK

because it has a lot of booze you see

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/allahpundit/status/864533995991814144

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
you see all that LERN 2 CODE stuff and lol at wages, like someone said, see also nurses

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Robert Plant posted:

I've lived in Philly my whole life and they advertise Total Wine in DE on the radio all the time and yet I've never been, sad

let's make a day of it~!

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

If the pace of accelerating bullshit doesn't compress us all into a singularity, Trumps going to fire spicey, McMasters, Rinsed Pubis, and Bannon by weeks end.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

who loving cares shut up

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

deathbysnusnu posted:

If the pace of accelerating bullshit doesn't compress us all into a singularity, Trumps going to fire spicey, McMasters, Rinsed Pubis, and Bannon by weeks end.

weeks end is 400 years from now

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Mirthless posted:

hahaha

I get the feeling Israel is sick to loving death of Trump

Bibi wishes he'd been nicer to the Democrats, lol

again, Netanyahu can eat my entire rear end. Obama was milquetoast on settlements and the israeli right-wing threw a goddamn hissy fit because obama barely said "hey maybe consider treating palestinians as well as you would treat israelis" and now guess what, they have a president who will give away their intel that they collected in order to impress the russians.

the only people in this world that are dumber than trump are the people running the israeli government right now

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I get tuition paid (just like 1.5 classes a semester but hey) so I figured I'd finally get an actual degree I guess. Have been considering CS but lmao, I'm going to have my office pay for certs for me instead and have my degree be in something I enjoy, like writing or literature or whatever

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

who loving cares shut up

I do, their will they/won't they is a fun subplot.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

can someone post the gif of the office being shot up and the guy being in fire?

I need it for a work email.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Dork457 posted:

It's... progress

they meant Bill

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Yes. It rains all the time, the beaches are mediocre, and Providence is run by the Italian mob.

i voted for buddy cianci

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Robert Plant posted:

it's like 10 mins past the airport

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/LahavHarkov/status/864544173638258692

when the going gets tough, trump waddles the gently caress off stage

Leftists stood by liberals for decades, hoping that one would finally end our relationship with Israel but it took TRUMP to art that deal!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/SovernNation/status/864543856506748929

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

I may have been to a Total Wine in some backwood town in central Jersey? I think it was a Total Wine

I remember getting a Ron Burgundy themed scotch there called Great Odin's Raven. It was not very good

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

I get tuition paid (just like 1.5 classes a semester but hey) so I figured I'd finally get an actual degree I guess. Have been considering CS but lmao, I'm going to have my office pay for certs for me instead and have my degree be in something I enjoy, like writing or literature or whatever

I enjoy programming and CS stuff as a hobby and the immense volume of LERN 2 CODE resources have been very nice for me

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I have a masters from an ivy and I'm currently stuck in a cafe applying for jobs while a group of guys across from me are discussing pepe and retaining brand ownership. lol

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

euphronius posted:

it's like 10 mins past the airport

brb

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Epic High Five posted:

gonna be honest, this sounds like a bad idea to me

e: not the paying for certs part, the spending a whole bunch of time getting an undergrad degree in literature.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Citizen Tayne posted:

The cities in PA are so good that it's odd how the rest of the state is so bad.

It's because of you.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

triple sulk posted:

I wouldn't go that far, but its p good.
Cheese steaks are awesome, Tony Lukes!

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

change my name posted:

I have a masters from an ivy and I'm currently stuck in a cafe applying for jobs while a group of guys across from me are discussing pepe and retaining brand ownership. lol

are you applying to jobs at cafes?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

So good. :allears:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

change my name posted:

I have a masters from an ivy

now i understand why you can't have fun in philly

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

shovelbum posted:

are you applying to jobs at cafes?

that's plan c

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Typo posted:

idk about that all I know is that there are way too many CS students graduating it's literally like 2-4x what it was a few years ago

I got a feeling though that on the long run there are gonna be jobs for us because I don't see what's gonna stop the tech train

DBAs, i have no idea I have never applied for a DBA position before

about half of all CS grads can't do fizzbuzz, and in my personal experience a huge chunk of kids in my program were fuckups who cheated on all the programming assignments and got by being passable at counting math. increased volume of grads doesn't matter if most of them don't actually learn how to do anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

creatine posted:

i voted for buddy cianci

Buddy Cianci had State Troopers hold down the guy loving his ex-wife while he put out cigarettes on his testicles.

• Locked thread