Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Get wrecked dog pickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Personally Personnelly, I can't wait to play as Hank the Chog.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

my OC is literal dogtier

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i heard a rumour that if your oc is good enough sega will make them canon and they'll get their own game

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Kid's pretty loud and dramatic but he seems to have good taste. Way to go, Sammy.

"Classic Sonic IS BETTER" - Sammy

Yup.

Spiderdrake posted:

Sonic Mania is part of the cycle though. Except it's an entirely new game within the cycle, jerking the hype to new astounding levels. The Super Sonic Cycle.

Also this game looks ridiculous but this is what lots of people want and if it's Generations 2 + your OCs it's going to be good for much of the fandom. Just imagine people dragging their switches everywhere to show their friends their OCs. beep by grandpa showing up at your house to show you his OC, beep by wolfpaw.

Hahahahaha I'm pretty sure the Tumblr and DeviantArt crowd will be pleased. That's their game, it's a huge bad fanfic game and cool for them if they're happy with it. Since Sonic Mania is coming out, all's fine. Let's hope your Super Sonic Cycle prediction doesn't come true!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Mikedawson posted:

Also some gameplay of the OC got posted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJZfptketUc

IDK about the flamethrower but the grappling hook looks pretty decent.

drat, there's lyrics to this stage music. That's dope

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Can't wait for this game to actually ridiculously pwn in every conceivable way and knock it out of the park and by all accounts be a perfect game but still average mid to high 70s for average reviews thanks to the sonic tax :(

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What is going on with the music in this game? That last video was weirdly chiptuney compared to the visual style, then suddenly there are vocals at the end.

It sounds like something I could enjoy, once I get to hear it better, but so far the music has not been what I was expecting at all.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
all hail coldsteel

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
going to recreate tekno and johnny lightfoot from sonic the comic

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i heard a rumour that if your oc is good enough sega will make them canon and they'll get their own game

I heard this too i hope it's true cause that will rule :)

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Please no one make dumb gay joke character OCs,I think we should take our time to make them good. Guys. I'm serious.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

beep by grandpa posted:

Can't wait for this game to actually ridiculously pwn in every conceivable way and knock it out of the park and by all accounts be a perfect game but still average mid to high 70s for average reviews thanks to the sonic tax :(
Who cares, it's going to sell like hotcakes, especially if mania is good. IGN can pour out their clown review and the intended audience won't even notice.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I'm going to take the route I generally take with games that have character creators: first playthrough has a sincere original character, second playthrough is a silly joke character.

For this, I'm going to do a bird OC followed by Hank the Chog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRr7PzdxvIs

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Tbh the gameplay is looking a lot like colors, I hope most of the game won't be like that

Motto posted:

though I'll definitely be annoyed if Forces has less zones than Gens.

Generations already had 9 zones which is already on the high end for Sonic games, with only a couple having more than that. And considering that the levels for these kinds of games are much bigger than those other games (S3&K, SA1, SA2), I doubt you're gonna see more than 9.

To reiterate what I said before, considering everything we know + seen, it's extremely unlikely the game was actively in full development for 4 years like what they said earlier.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

"Hrm, lots of posts, I wonder what info got dropped." *click*

... :stare:

Holy poo poo what.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Can I make my own character in Sonic Mania why not?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/864527694612099072

I mainly like this one because of "Dislikes: Hatred (the game), Hatred (the concept)".

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Welp, wrap it up, video games can only go down from here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cat is basically immortal and is the best class. Go, Cat. Eat poo poo, dog pickers.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Seems these are the only options available.

I see one token bird and no fish or reptiles. Way to be mammal supremacists, Sega.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bring on the crocodiles.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Clearly there's some planned crocodlc

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Why does dog suck so bad

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

this rules so hard. they got dbz scouters and fingerless gloves and everything, they're doing this right

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The big question is: Can your Original Character go Super Saiyan or no?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

ImpAtom posted:

I'm hoping that if nothing else, Hedgehogs can, making them the Saiyans of the Sonic Universe. Though I am a little disappointed that we can't be Echidnas or Multi-Tailed Foxes. How am I supposed to make Enchilada now :negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ImpAtom posted:

I hope they do and it's preset colors so I can see a lot of "My oc turns PURPLE!!! Not Green!!! gently caress this bad game!!!"

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zelder posted:

Why does dog suck so bad

dogs will be the ultimate final boss killer

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Zelder posted:

Why does dog suck so bad

Ikr

gently caress

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I never made any Sonic OCs, despite drawing the hell out of him in kindergarten. This is an absurdedly brilliant idea though.

Why isn't there a crab option. I wanna make a crab.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Zelder posted:

Why does dog suck so bad

Cause dogs suck.:smug:

Gonna base all my OCs on my cats.:whatup:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
if you play a cat character all the music gets remixed by hideki naganuma

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Never made a Sonic OC either, which is quite surprising in retrospect. I think I made ocs for other series, but I never wrote any of them down.

I hope some kids out there will mess around with the character creator and live out a childhood dream of playing as an oc in a video game.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

if you play a cat character all the music gets remixed by hideki naganuma

Yo this would make me buy three copies

The world needs more HG like whoa

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I just realized that Sega is going to successfully trick me into making my first OC.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

You make fun of Dog now but wait till you get to the new Death Egg Zone where you have to fight two bosses with no rings.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Andre Banzai posted:

Hahahahaha I'm pretty sure the Tumblr and DeviantArt crowd will be pleased. That's their game, it's a huge bad fanfic game and cool for them if they're happy with it. Since Sonic Mania is coming out, all's fine. Let's hope your Super Sonic Cycle prediction doesn't come true!

I'm not too cool to enjoy seeing my terrible fan character beat up Eggman's robots.

You ain't too cool to enjoy seeing your terrible fan character beat up Eggman's robots.

None of us bastards are too cool to enjoy seeing our terrible fan characters beat up Eggman's robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/864537594708799492