Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

your av makes me think i'm reading an EHF post but ur posting voice is completely different and it's messing with my brain!

EHF posts like this
shovelbum posts like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

doesnt he hate trump?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
My biggest problem has always been that I find all the career paths that would actually make me money either extremely boring or distasteful, and I really wish I was wired differently.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

haljordan posted:

Does Spicey get fired before or after Donnie's trip

During, so trump doesnt have to face him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is trump allowed in Mecca

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Flavius Belisarius posted:

My biggest problem has always been that I find all the career paths that would actually make me money either extremely boring or distasteful, and I really wish I was wired differently.

are you just depressed or do you enjoy something

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Harlock posted:

5/15 - Trump didn't leak anything
5/16 - Trump: Yeah I did it
5/16 (Also) - It was okay for him to leak the thing
5/16 (Also Also) - He didn't know what he was saying, so therefore it couldn't be classified
5/16 (Also Also Also) - Trump doesn't even pay attention in the briefings! He's an idiot! How could he know

5/17 - Trump is just 15 cats in a skin suit, how could he leak any info?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

A MIRACLE posted:

:agreed:

I had to drop out of CS school because I was getting too much paid work as a developer even in my tiny southern college town. the money was too good and it didn't make sense to keep paying for school at the time. Worked out v. well and now I live in LA making bank building apps for startups

I know you all were ragging on English majors, but my girlfriend is a science writer going for her MA and she's tempted to do exactly this. People keep throwing job offers at her, and apparently her program has a huge dropout rate because students keep getting lured away with high paying jobs

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

CNN says the word came from Tom Bossert

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

euphronius posted:

the key to poo poo posting is sincerity

apathy, actually. that's the key.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

haljordan posted:

Does Spicey get fired before or after Donnie's trip

during

donny's M.O is to be as far away as possible when he fires someone because he's a giant coward

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

where's the beef

Trump sounds like a third grader reading his book report.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
i mean, in large part, a degree is a class badge that tells people, regardless of major, that "i am a person who is in the middle class" so you can enter into middle class spaces freely and middle class people will be comfortable with you because you can say "oh, i did my undergrad at ____" at some boring dinner party. and, in fact, humanities degrees trend from wealthier families because they know they are going to have a job no matter what so they don't have to find a major that maps to a specific vocation.

i mean, it's cynical, but just get a degree so that rich people will hire you because they think you're from "good stock" or whatever.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

doesnt he hate trump?

lmao

that's Larry flynt you ableist monster

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did a thing posted:

apathy, actually. that's the key.

sure

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

doesnt he hate trump?

adelson is a GOP megadonor and gave $5 million just to Trump's inauguration committee

the fact that he's doing this is a sign that he's really pissed off by what's going on lol

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/864557238949736449

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

5/17 - Trump is just 15 cats in a skin suit, how could he leak any info?

5/18 - okay fine, yes, rats, not cats.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

euphronius posted:

Only if he converts.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

ya I can see that, it's cart before the horse tho. One step at a time!

do what I did with my tuition reimbursement benefit and take a bunch of random electives that fall under an associates transfer degree, like drawing and classical guitar. It was pretty awesome feeling to have work pay for me to take all 3 levels of the guitar class the school offered

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

that guy thinks everyone in a wheelchair is the same person

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

That DICK! posted:

Sarah huckabee sanders reminds me of when Wendy's tried to be authentic by putting the Real Wendy in the commercials but everyone hated knowing that Wendy was old and fat so they replaced her with a Hot Redhead Flo-bot

Counterpoint: Hot Wendy was hot.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

That DICK! posted:

that guy thinks everyone in a wheelchair is the same person

are they not

Serf
May 5, 2011

i got a ba in fuckin writing and it has done precisely squat for me

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

A MIRACLE posted:

:agreed:

I had to drop out of CS school because I was getting too much paid work as a developer even in my tiny southern college town. the money was too good and it didn't make sense to keep paying for school at the time. Worked out v. well and now I live in LA making bank building apps for startups

I'm one of the dopes who likes working on the more theory/academic side of computer science and robotics, so my coding skills are a joke and my repositories are a horror show. Good thing I like teaching introductory programming courses and publishing!

But yeah, 9 out of 10 of my colleagues are more on the developer/programmer side of things and constantly wondering why they don't just jet off and do that full time.

Edit: I also got a degree in philosophy and want to say that an Arts degree can definitely help you stand out and give you credibility when presenting yourself as an alternative to the purely technically-minded.

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
hehehe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A good metaphor for Trump http://pbfcomics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/PBF278-Splitting_Up.png

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

but his wife's emails

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ragnar Homsar posted:

adelson is a GOP megadonor and gave $5 million just to Trump's inauguration committee

the fact that he's doing this is a sign that he's really pissed off by what's going on lol

He's also a gross melting candle of a man and I hope he dies soon

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

"Hey Shiekh! Is it Shiekh? I can't just call you Muhammad, every head in the room would turn at once. I love your wife though. Thought she was your daughter at first! So youthful. Love what you people do here."

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 369 days!
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/863786157955534848

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Flavius Belisarius posted:

I wish professional strip club reviewer was a real job :smith:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I did a thing posted:

Only if he converts.

trump converting to islam would also be what manages to convince me that nothing matters

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

uh, just blog it

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

euphronius posted:

Funny you should ask.

He is... with just one simple precondition.

How cool would it be if Trump converted to Islam. Only Nixon could go to China, only Trump could convert the American Fascist Right to Islam.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

shovelbum posted:

are you just depressed or do you enjoy something

Yeah, depression has been a big demotivator my whole life. It's not like a sulking, unpleasant depression-- more like just a general malaise even when I'm pretty happy otherwise.

I enjoy reading and writing about history, as well as painting. I got a degree in the former but didn't pursue it past the BA degree because of the job market. I do the latter occasionally on a commission basis.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
if you had a good handle on language, made short articles v funny and interesting hell yeah you prob could review strip clubs

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Iron Crowned posted:

you say this like it isnt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Iron Crowned posted:

i had a friend whose roommate wrote reviews for sex toys professionally. walked into their house one day and there was one of those bouncy balls that you sit on with a dildo sticking out of it. just sitting in the living room. he was weird as poo poo tho, which is probably to be expected.

• Locked thread