Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

None of this Comey stuff matters, but I hear a loud thunderous knocking and rending of steel noise in my head as mattering keeps banging at the walls of our universe this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
release the piss tape Comey you big lurch looking gently caress!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
wait NOW what's happening?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im glad that trump has nothing to lose :whatup:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

I hope there are some comments in there that Trump thinks are inaccurate and piss him off enough to pull out his tapes and say "See, I didn't say that!" and they're so much worse. I give this decent odds of actually happening, either that or more interviews where he further incriminates himself while trying to disprove some pointless side issue that hosed with his ego.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
trump: oh you think you have memos james, i have tapes, much better source!

*trump releases tapes of him threatening comey over russia investigation*

trump (proudly): see, told you!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

2DCAT posted:

1. Trompf administration is accused of colluding with the Russians
2. Government investigates claims
3. Trompf tells Comey not to investigate these claims
4. Comey asks for more resources to investigate the Russia claims
5. Trompf fires Comey
6. Trompf meets Russians without telling anyone in the U.S.
7. Trompf passes classified information to the Russians

just...lol

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original

etalian posted:

The WH staff is probably combing the shrubbery right now trying to find him for the next press conference.

Leavin a trail of wintermint gum up to a bear trap next to a podium covered with superglue

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

for anyone wondering why you don't fire fbi directors

it's this

this is why

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:laffo:

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

Also I think Comey has redeemed himself.

Hillary woulda been a lousy president anyways.

As dark as this timeline is, it has to be one of the most goddamn entertaining ones

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mirthless posted:

oh god i'm cumming

daddy's comeys

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Nonsense posted:

JEB! primary TRUMP 2020

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Nonsense posted:

that dumpling idea sounds good. I bet a lumpia filled with peanut butter and jelly and flash fried would be good too.

yeah! i mean, its kinda a gimmick but it lets you deep fry a pbj flavor

if anyone cares:

1/3 cup flour
1tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 egg
pinch of salt
1tsp vanilla extract

combine flour and egg until homogeneous. add pb, oil, vanilla again until homogenous, knead on floured surface adding flour as necessary until you can roll it out without tearing. flatten until about 3-4 inches diameter. spread a thin layer of pb on it. place 2 tsp jelly inside. pinch and wrap until a ball, flatten out slightly. fry in oil on both sides until brown, drain on rack, add a little powdered sugar. thinking maybe use minced diced fruit or something instead of jelly.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I suppose it's possible that Israel will arrest him for espionage.

Like, the ways in which this can get crazier are increasingly diminishing and yet I have faith that it will.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
trump has some really amazing weeks sometimes

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Yinlock posted:

it's this

this is why

christ, imagine the dirt he must have had on Obama to feel safe pulling the poo poo he did in 2016

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Is Pepe being Irish canon?

what better place for a frog than an island with no snakes

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Ages posted:

As dark as this timeline is, it has to be one of the most goddamn entertaining ones

ya

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

D1E posted:

Also I think Comey has redeemed himself.

Hillary woulda been a lousy president anyways.

Sure, though I'm still disturbed by DeVos/Pruitt/Sessions et al.

Still, with a Hillary presidency we probably would have gotten someone worse in 2020. At least the cleansing fire can be laid to the GOP now.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Baloogan posted:

im glad that trump has nothing to lose :whatup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn8-4tjPxD8

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

RandomBlue posted:

Jesus loving Christ, it's only been a week.

lol owns.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
when the memos are just dickbutt

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

this is going to be trump's only overseas visit isnt it

maybe he'll visit ed balls

Maybe but, not because he's going to be impeached, resign or otherwise removed from office. Plus, he'll most definitely visit his golf courses overseas.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

anime was right posted:

yeah! i mean, its kinda a gimmick but it lets you deep fry a pbj flavor

if anyone cares:

1/3 cup flour
1tsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 egg
pinch of salt
1tsp vanilla extract

combine flour and egg until homogeneous. add pb, oil, vanilla again until homogenous, knead on floured surface adding flour as necessary until you can roll it out without tearing. flatten until about 3-4 inches diameter. spread a thin layer of pb on it. place 2 tsp jelly inside. pinch and wrap until a ball, flatten out slightly. fry in oil on both sides until brown, drain on rack, add a little powdered sugar. thinking maybe use minced diced fruit or something instead of jelly.

:eyepop:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i feel like this is happening too fast and we're getting spoiled with such fun amazing news every day

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Yinlock posted:

it's this

this is why

who was it j edgar hoover bragged about having dirt on?

oh yeah E V E R Y B O D Y

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/864602921945759744

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

jarofpiss posted:

i feel like this is happening too fast and we're getting spoiled with such fun amazing news every day

S P E E D R U N

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Well maybe Trump thought Comey wouldn't document his attempts to interfere with the Flynn investigation?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mirthless posted:

christ, imagine the dirt he must have had on Obama to feel safe pulling the poo poo he did in 2016

yeah like their entire job is to know and deal with all your dirty laundry

firing them for no reason is not the best plan

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Origami Dali posted:

trump: oh you think you have memos james, i have tapes, much better source!

*trump releases tapes of him threatening comey over russia investigation*

trump (proudly): see, told you!

lol trump had his bluff called and had to get spicey to never speak of it again

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

radical meme posted:

Maybe but, not because he's going to be impeached, resign or otherwise removed from office. Plus, he'll most definitely visit his golf courses overseas.

trump is the dumbest person ever elected to a head of state job so he will likely ride this thing all the way to his prison cell lol

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I think the Comey and Russian Intel Leak stories both have the weakness that the President is technically allowed to do both of those things even if the worst interpretation is true. Trump is free to declassify anything even if his reason is "I feel like impressing some Russian ambassador" and he's free to fire the FBI director at any time even if his stated reason is to stop an investigation into himself. He's basically said as much already about both stories so I don't know why we're even still going through the motions of investigation with memos and testimony to confirm what Trump says freely in an interview, those are actions for an administration in denial which this is not.

The problem is that the check or balance that's supposed to discourage a President from doing these things even if they technically can is purely whether Congress will move on them, which they won't, because they don't care compared to getting a big fat tax cut. They barely need any cover at all, they can just keep saying it's "troubling" and endure the national humiliation because their voters are locked in and they're going to make so much money that it doesn't matter what polite society thinks of them. There is no endgame, no meaningful leverage against a united Republican government and no way to break that unity regardless of what Trump does.

They're basically just national entertainment at this point, a spectacle that shows every day how hollow the institutions and structures of American government are by not actually leading to any action. Our tolerance has gotten so high that what should be an administration-destroying scandal of incompetence will die down after 24 hours, because we're inured.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

jarofpiss posted:

it's called accelerationism friend, and it is good

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/864603957473280000

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaVIzodmKdU&t=31s

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

jarofpiss posted:

I haven't gotten a loving thing done since January 20th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

it's called accelerationism friend, and it is good

our mortal bodies weren't built to handle these g forces!!!!

• Locked thread