Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Zotix posted:

Oh look, another cancerous overwatch character added to HoTS.

I hope they eventually add all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Kai Tave posted:

Give me Junkrat, Blizz

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

I'm fine with it, as long as what they are bringing to the table isn't massive power creep that is just leaving old characters obsolete.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Dude they're reworking old characters constantly calm down

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Zotix posted:

I'm fine with it, as long as what they are bringing to the table isn't massive power creep that is just leaving old characters obsolete.

Maybe the actual problem is that the old characters kind of suck and need to be reworked, sort of like how they've done with Uther, Alarak, Tyrande, etc.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Zotix posted:

*Blizzard makes Alarak and Tyrande comically overpowerd* "BOY HOWDY THEM OVERWATCH CHARACTERS ARE MASSIVE POWER CREEPS. WHAT ABOUT THE OLDER HEROES???"

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is dva super powerful? She doesn't seem it just from looking at her abilities. the ability to boost self destruct just like in OW is awesome looking, but also looked like it takes 5 years to charge.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah, the charge-up takes forever. The area denial is great, but the amount of times you'll be able to use it to hit the entire team without, like, Zarya's ult or ETC's, is limited. Also lmao at the guy who's like AHHHH OVERWATCH IS RUINING THE GAME

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I've only put a few games into her, but I don't know how well Dva actually works. Not being able to move her Defense Matrix around like in OW makes it a lot less useful, Self-Destruct is easy to run out of and honestly doesn't even do that much damage (it only took me to half health as a pilot Dva pre-level 10), and her AA in both modes feels awkward to use.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Primetime posted:

I'm surprised they just dont give the level 4 talent the same "double edged sword" treatment as other characters. Something making the base cooldown longer or taking away a stack I exchange for invulnerability. Straight invulnerability with no consequence is a no brainer and I can't see much of a reason to pass on it.

The lvl 4 is only so good because they already nerfed its only competitor to the ground
I guess they could just make all 3 lvl 4 talents poo poo

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

The lvl 4 is only so good because they already nerfed its only competitor to the ground
I guess they could just make all 3 lvl 4 talents poo poo

There's only 2 level 4 talents though? And the other one is good if the other team is all AA for some reason.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

bamhand posted:

There's only 2 level 4 talents though? And the other one is good if the other team is all AA for some reason.

no stun no warbringer :smugdog: I actually couldn't remember there wasn't a 3rd talent there no one picked, that's how long I've been hammering shield wall.
You're right it's totally hyperbole the say it's garbage in a vacuum, I just think "you don't take any damage for x seconds' will always trump mana stuff, and it's not like you need to charge repeatedly.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
You also can't trigger Dva's Self-Destruct while the mech is dying

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, "Stun on Charge" was the only reason to ever not go "Parry makes you immune to all damage" because the best defense is making sure the other guy dies first, and being able to point-click stun an enemy made locking down squishy targets for a kill way too goddamn easy, especially after they buffed the poo poo out of Taunt to make it viable compared to his other level 10 options.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

no stun no warbringer :smugdog: I actually couldn't remember there wasn't a 3rd talent there no one picked, that's how long I've been hammering shield wall.
You're right it's totally hyperbole the say it's garbage in a vacuum, I just think "you don't take any damage for x seconds' will always trump mana stuff, and it's not like you need to charge repeatedly.

I took Warbringer vs Illidan, Valla, Alarak and it was great. But yeah Shield Wall is probably better at least 80% of the time.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Is the Zarya grenade build bad or am I having too much fun with it to notice? Hard to say.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is Tyrande bugged? I took her level 1 E and received the W talent as well.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

bamhand posted:

Is Tyrande bugged? I took her level 1 E and received the W talent as well.

Owl has a built-in quest; the Owl quest on level 1 is for more damage based on how far you hit it from.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

dont even fink about it posted:

Is the Zarya grenade build bad or am I having too much fun with it to notice? Hard to say.

It's decent, but there are a few talent levels where you could power up nades but it'd be an opportunity cost of something amazing like Give Me Twenty.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bogart posted:

It's decent, but there are a few talent levels where you could power up nades but it'd be an opportunity cost of something amazing like Give Me Twenty.

If I'm going for a grenade build on Zarya my talent choices are usually Grenadier, Give Me Twenty or Speed Barrier, Pinpoint Accuracy, whichever heroic seems most useful given comps, level 13 is pretty much anything other than Spell Barrier depending on various factors (I am admittedly not the best Zarya at keeping high energy rolling 24/7, if you are then Endurance Training is pretty choice but against lots of CC I'll go with I Am Unstoppable), then I ignore Plasma Shock at 16 and almost always go with Gain Train, and at 20 I might grab Grenadier if I don't feel the need for Unyielding Defender.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
D.VA honestly seems weak, she seems to bring some utility but almost no damage at all (her auto attack is kind of pathetic and the Q isn't really for damage). I feel like she doesn't really "fit in" to any given team comp, maybe a "protect X" comp. She can make Defense Matrix last 6 seconds which is a bit absurd.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

i don't think it's actually good but pilot build dva puts out some crazy dps

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

mech DVA does gently caress all for damage, I was 1v2 vs her and tyrael as leoric and as long as I could land spookyhands on cooldown I was basically hovering at 80%

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

D.Va is a tank and is not meant to deal damage. She disrupts enemies and reduces the damage they deal to her team, which is a tank's job. She even gets a chance to ignore the consequences of dying.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

wiegieman posted:

D.Va is a tank and is not meant to deal damage. She disrupts enemies and reduces the damage they deal to her team, which is a tank's job. She even gets a chance to ignore the consequences of dying.

I guess what i meant is that her utility doesn't really make up for her pitiful damage. She's not THAT survivable even with the "two lives" thing, and she doesn't bring THAT much utility to the team. But maybe I'm crazy.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Gustav posted:

I don't think you can change color, but you can make it bigger. I made mine almost comically big and it helps a lot.

Oh I'll have to try that. I wish it was a cross hair though.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

mech DVA does gently caress all for damage, I was 1v2 vs her and tyrael as leoric and as long as I could land spookyhands on cooldown I was basically hovering at 80%

But isn't that an ideal situation for leo? He's an anti tabk bruiser and his w is meant to either force an disengage or keep him in a fight forever. Especially since neither of those tanks have a good stun.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Last night I was finally on the good side of a QM comp-butt-pounding. Opponents were Cho'gall and some relatively auto-attack-heavy heroes... my team had Tychus, Johanna, Cassia. Didn't even lose a fort.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Dva shot is an aoe so if you're hitting a few people the damage becomes okay. Also playing Tassadar let me tell you tickling adds up

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Is auto-attack Tyrande an okay build?

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
http://i.imgur.com/JR8CSEK.gifv\

Love, Dva

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
Hey what seems to be the best counter character for dva right now? I want to queue up in qm and destroy all of them

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Rite of Rak'Shir is fun in general, but against Murky it doesn't even feel fair. :allears:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Leoric has been pretty fun. Every game has D.Vas + likely another tank so you have plenty of juicy targets to drain and not a lot of incoming damage. Kill the mech and entomb D.Va.

Or maybe you'll get a D.Va on your team and manage to pull off the One True Combo

Poultron
May 26, 2006

I think perhaps I misunderestimated Tyrande's power

Her healing is actually pretty strong too, Kharazim was just doing most of the heavy lifting. I don't think she will be a strong solo support in competitive or anything but seems like she is very powerful now?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Cuntellectual posted:

Rite of Rak'Shir is fun in general, but against Murky it doesn't even feel fair. :allears:

This is most "kill people to stack stuff" talents vs. Murky to be fair. Any time you have a Butcher playing into a Murky you know you're in for a good time.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
True enough. Rite of Rak'Shir just feels stronger than 5 attack damage. I'd imagine the level 20 Cho/Gall stacking talents would be fun against him too. :v:

On a different note, I feel like I'd like Probius more if he was skinned as anything other than a probe. He's kinda fun but every time I see his photon cannons warp out after a pitiful 13 seconds I feel real sad.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I know tanks have low damage.

Even by the standards of low damage tanks, Meka D. VA's damage is really, really low.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I only played a couple matches with Tyrande but honestly she doesn't seem that much stronger than Malfurion/Uther right now. She has more damage and less healing, but her damage still isn't comparable to assassin damage.

Her skill ceiling is even higher than it was before, which is real nice to have for supports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

She seems good at staying back and plinking tanks while stacking up that damage buff. I had a few fights as Leoric where I thought I was pretty safe just draining away at Johanna but by the time I realized how much damage Tyrande had built up it was too late