Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Davincie posted:

bodacious space pirates isnt mecha...

The movie is a big old school mecha reference, and has a mech or 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Bodacious doesn't mean what I thought it would mean.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

All animes are probably going to be bad this year might as well close the thread then

I'm holding out hope the Granblue anime dedicates an episode to Leowain's imaginary love life.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Mentat Radnor posted:

Watching 0080 tomorrow night with some friends and some beers.
I'm not as hot on 0080 as most people but otherwise that is a real good list, so have fun, definitely wish I could go through some of those for the first time again.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

super sweet best pal posted:

I'm holding out hope the Granblue anime dedicates an episode to Leowain's imaginary love life.

Maybe if they repurpose their bluray dollars towards more granblue anime. The current season has 14 eps so it should be like, 2 eps each for the next two islands and then 3 for Albion with the Vira/Kat flashback we peeped at in the trailer.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jackard posted:

hosed up in what way? Like are we talking surreal horror or something else?

you can expect lots of hosed up torture later on

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm gonna watch it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah i'm not laying down a judgment on the show just saying, maybe expect some hosed up stuff

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Alright, whoever stole that beautiful man's nipples give them back right now.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

They're in my anime nipple collection now

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I caught up on Alice & Zouroku, and holy gently caress it's cute. This is what I signup up for.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, I peeked at the manga for made in abyss. We're talking gore level stuff here.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Post it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i have no particular objection to violence and gore in general, but with those cutesy character designs? that seems kinda hosed up.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
they should have rd sounds do the OST imo

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I caught up on Alice & Zouroku, and holy gently caress it's cute. This is what I signup up for.

Yeah, it's a fantastic show and really deserves to be discussed more. Zouroku's no-nonsense gruffness never gets old either.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm watching New Game!+ and the new Symphogear (right after I finish s02 and s03 :negative:), because they're going to be great.

Isekai no Shokudou sounds potentially good and I've heard good things about the Ballroom e Youkoso manga so I'll be checking those out. I don't think there's anything I really care about, which of course just means I'll end up watching 10 shows somehow (not counting stuff that started this season).

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Ballroom e Youkoso is a lot better than the premise makes it sound. My main concern is that the animation does the manga justice.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mentat Radnor posted:

Alright, whoever stole that beautiful man's nipples give them back right now.
Ed Gein probably took them.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 16, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jfc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pre edit

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That does exist.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I'll never get over how Sanae is literally just Yukari from Yuyushiki with a dye-job.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can see the resemblance, but thankfully the characters in a&z aren't quite so horrifying. jesus, that thing wants to eat my soul.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'v watched so many anime about three mildly quirky girls having conversations in high school I honestly don't know if I've seen Yuyushiki.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yuyushiki came out in the year of Non-Non Biyori S1 or S2, GJ-bu, and Kiniro Mosiac I believe. Twas a good year for SOL.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Yuyushiki came out in the year of Non-Non Biyori S1 or S2, GJ-bu, and Kiniro Mosiac I believe. Twas a good year for SOL.

Ah, so you were not SOL for SOL?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

it looks like the yuyushiki manga is still ongoing so not all hope is lost for a second season.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

It was a new sol for every season that year and all 4 of then owned

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'v watched so many anime about three mildly quirky girls having conversations in high school I honestly don't know if I've seen Yuyushiki.

Yuyushiki's the one where two of the 3 are extremely thirsty in addition to being quirky.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The thing about Yuyushiki is it's super minimalist. No plot, no extracurricular club or musical gimmick, no tragic backstories, no older or younger siblings, they even combine the mother character and the teacher character into a single person. Just a bunch of girls talking and that's literally it. It's surprising that anyone watched it, and even more surprising that it's sometimes pretty good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

StandardVC10 posted:

The thing about Yuyushiki is it's super minimalist. No plot, no extracurricular club or musical gimmick, no tragic backstories, no older or younger siblings, they even combine the mother character and the teacher character into a single person. Just a bunch of girls talking and that's literally it. It's surprising that anyone watched it, and even more surprising that it's sometimes pretty good.

That sounds just like Aiura.

Aiura was good

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

StandardVC10 posted:

They're in a club, it's the Google stuff club.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i can see the resemblance, but thankfully the characters in a&z aren't quite so horrifying. jesus, that thing wants to eat my soul.

i'd let her eat mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

potato

• Locked thread