Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

From here on out I'm assuming Fox is the new Jonny Flynn.

Jonny Flynn was ok until he had hip surgery that he never really came back from. You lose power there you are done as an athlete.

I don't think Jonny would have been an all-star, but he could get to the rim and shoot so he would have had value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick who are your top five and why? I'll take the short version if you don't want to effort post it up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Rick posted:

Also you're just stright up wrong about him being good at PnR. He's 70th among college players in pick and roll scoring.

I might be wrong but if so, so are a lot of people.

quote:

High pick-and-roll playmaking upside as he already understands how to make reads, change speeds, and use hesitations.

But to be honest the NBA isn't my thing as much as college so you probably know better than me and I'm starting to feel dirty defending a Bruin, much less Lonzo freaking Ball.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If I am the 76ers and I am 100% convinced that Ben Simmons can handle the bulk of creating on the offensive end of the ball, then Lonzo is an interesting idea. He is a long PG who can shoot open shots and can run in transition both with and without the ball. It's likely his ideal sitation.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Paul Zuvella posted:

If I am the 76ers and I am 100% convinced that Ben Simmons can handle the bulk of creating on the offensive end of the ball, then Lonzo is an interesting idea. He is a long PG who can shoot open shots and can run in transition both with and without the ball. It's likely his ideal sitation.

What about Monk? Not saying he's the same level of prospect, but a lot of Monk's flaws or issues can be mitigated if you have a 6'10" dude playing point for you

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

What about Monk? Not saying he's the same level of prospect, but a lot of Monk's flaws or issues can be mitigated if you have a 6'10" dude playing point for you

Oh I totally agree with you. If I'm the 76ers I'm basically hoping for some combination of Fultz/Monk/Jackson. I just think Ball would do good next to a wing/big who can handle the ball. Milwalkee would also be a good place for him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

kiimo posted:

I might be wrong but if so, so are a lot of people.

But to be honest the NBA isn't my thing as much as college so you probably know better than me and I'm starting to feel dirty defending a Bruin, much less Lonzo freaking Ball.

I have the unfair advantage of having already been arguing about Ball for the past four months with Lakers fans.

I just think that people WANT Ball to be a lot of things because they want to see him do that fun fast break stuff, which is legitimately exciting and fun and I do understand that.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Time to post my yearly "Kings have had the shittiest luck in the lottery compared to anyone else"

code:
Kings Lotto History
Season	Record	Projected Actual Change
1985	31-51	4th	6th	-2
1986	37-45	N/A	N/A	N/A
1987	29-53	5th	6th	-1
1988	24-58	N/A	N/A	N/A
1989	27-55	6th	1st	5
1990	23-59	6th	7th	-1
1991	25-57	3rd	3rd	0
1992	29-53	6th	7th	-1
1993	25-57	4th	7th	-3
1994	28-54	8th	8th	0
1995	39-43	13th	13th	0
1996	39-43	N/A	N/A	N/A
1997	34-48	11th	11th	0
1998	27-55	7th	7th	0
1999	27-23	N/A	N/A	N/A
2000	44-38	N/A	N/A	N/A
2001	55-27	N/A	N/A	N/A
2002	61-21	N/A	N/A	N/A
2003	59-23	N/A	N/A	N/A
2004	55-27	N/A	N/A	N/A
2005	50-32	N/A	N/A	N/A
2006	44-38	N/A	N/A	N/A
2007	33-49	10th	10th	0
2008	38-44	12th	12th	0
2009	17-65	1st	4th	-3
2010	25-57	3rd	5th	-2
2011	24-58	5th	7th	-2
2012	22-44	5th	5th	0
2013	28-54	6th	6th	0
2014	28-54	7th	8th	-1
2015	29-53	6th	6th	0
2016	33-49	8th	8th	0
And to think, some Minnesota fan was trying to say that they've had it worse

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

Time to post my yearly "Kings have had the shittiest luck in the lottery compared to anyone else"

And to think, some Minnesota fan was trying to say that they've had it worse

The Timberwolves have literally never moved up in the draft

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hmm, "literally never moving up in the draft" sounds better than "oh god keeping our spot and not moving down is like the best thing that happens for us". Also you've drafted in the top 3 three times in the last 10 years

Also point to me the last time the Kings moved up in the draft and then look at the class that year

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

Also you've drafted in the top 3 three times in the last 10 years

That's because the Sonics have been in the playoffs more recently than we have.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Look, a team that has been in the top 3 three times in the last decade and got the #1 the year KAT was on the board can't complain about how bad they've had it compared to other teams. We haven't drafted in the top 3 since Christian Laettner was running around Duke

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

WhyteRyce posted:

Look, a team that has been in the top 3 three times in the last decade and got the #1 the year KAT was on the board can't complain about how bad they've had it compared to other teams. We haven't drafted in the top 3 since Christian Laettner was running around Duke

Yeah you guys really deserve a lottery win. I hope you get it this year

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

These are the Kings adjusted lottery odds thanks to Vlade Character Matters Divac
#1 pick: 0%

#2 pick: 0.7%

#3 pick: 1.7%

#4 pick: 0%

#5 pick: 3.5%

#6 pick: 3.6%

#7 pick: 0.5%

#8 pick: 72.5%

#9 pick: 16.8%

#10 pick: 87.8%

#11 pick: 8.9%

#12 pick: 0.2%

#13 pick: 0.01%

#14 pick: 0%

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I cannot imagine how utterly amazing it would be if the Kings got the second pick, took Ball, Laker fans let out a huge sigh of relief, then he becomes a transcendent star and beats the Lakers all the time.

That is my #1 scenario now.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The vast majority of Lakers fans love Ball, you're basically only getting me and Gumslinger.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

kiimo posted:

I cannot imagine how utterly amazing it would be if the Kings got the second pick, took Ball, Laker fans let out a huge sigh of relief, then he becomes a transcendent star and beats the Lakers all the time.

That is my #1 scenario now.

I like this because Sixers got #1

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Rick posted:

The vast majority of Lakers fans love Ball, you're basically only getting me and Gumslinger.

This is true. Average internet Laker fan is already building him a statue outside Staples.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

And my coworkers too

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

And my coworkers too

Smh 2k going underrate ball

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
My man Joel is ready for the draft lottery. Whole outfit on point.

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/864602089527365633

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't have an NBA team since the Kings thankfully moved when I was a kid but after 12 years in LA I still only know what I hear on the radio and I was under the assumption Laker fans want nothing to do with the helicopter dad. If you do a search for his name he's being talked about all over the country and it's all thanks to his dad. My biggest fear is his dad is right and turned him into a household name by being shocking.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

LaVar and Vivek are a match made in heaven, imagine all the disruption they could bring to the business of basketball

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

WhyteRyce posted:

LaVar and Vivek are a match made in heaven, imagine all the disruption they could bring to the business of basketball

Lonzo can be the cherry-picker and average 50 a game

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Lonzo and Buddy seems like a lot of early-clock shots.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The Sixers draft party is amazing.

https://twitter.com/JakePavorsky/status/864614398614269952

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
:lol:

hell, same

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
CBS put up guide to lottery outcomes, lots of fun to be had. Although I scoff at the idea that the Pels need no help with Davis and Cousins in town. Team needs depth bad and having a raw young guy who can do things well and might get better is a definite need. But anyways.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2017-nba-draft-lottery-breaking-down-the-five-most-uproarious-potential-outcomes/

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This is so drat awful lol

https://twitter.com/MasonGinsberg/status/864619667406671872

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

El Gallinero Gros posted:

CBS put up guide to lottery outcomes, lots of fun to be had. Although I scoff at the idea that the Pels need no help with Davis and Cousins in town. Team needs depth bad and having a raw young guy who can do things well and might get better is a definite need. But anyways.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2017-nba-draft-lottery-breaking-down-the-five-most-uproarious-potential-outcomes/

quote:

this is widely considered to be a top-two-player draft.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
They just referenced the Knicks frozen envelope on the NBA Countdown being broadcast before the lottery.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Lol someone just proposed.

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/864624116120272898

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
E: ^^ I hate public proposals but that rules.

Are we live posting the draft lottery in here or in the playoffs GDT?

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Yeah this makes no sense to me at all. From all the analysis I've read it seems like Fultz is a 9/10 prospect (Anthony Davis, KAT being 10/10s) and then there is a group of seven or eight 8/10 guys below that are roughly interchangeable depending on need and preference.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Agreed. CBS doesn't know what the gently caress they're talking about for the billionth time regardless of sport.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Artic Puma posted:

E: ^^ I hate public proposals but that rules.

Are we live posting the draft lottery in here or in the playoffs GDT?

GDT or make a thread

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

kiimo posted:

Agreed. CBS doesn't know what the gently caress they're talking about for the billionth time regardless of sport.

Eh, Matt Moore is usually pretty great when it comes to talking about the NBA. His college game knowledge is weak, though.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

That was the gig. One of the local jewelers is a huge fan of The Process/Rights to Ricky Sanchez/Lottery party/etc so he gave out a free ring to a couple if they would propose at the Party

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

That was the gig. One of the local jewelers is a huge fan of The Process/Rights to Ricky Sanchez/Lottery party/etc so he gave out a free ring to a couple if they would propose at the Party

Pavorsky's. There's a crew of about half a dozen young 76ers journalists who organized the lottery party and his son, Jake Pavorsky, is one of them.

They just raised a big Sam Hinkie banner to the rafters.

https://twitter.com/shamus_clancy/status/864625415461195776

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
If the Sacremento pick swap comes through for Philly that place may take off into outer earth orbit.

• Locked thread