Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER
Do we know if Tara Platt is coming back as Vert? Because this Rom/Vert Bullshit is horrible.
It sounds like her Voice Direction was "Sound Like the other Vert at all costs and don't even try and have Emotions."
New rear end robo-Vert bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Not_Log posted:

BundleStars Star Deal Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed $5.99

From the deals thread

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Green Tea Erotica posted:

Do we know if Tara Platt is coming back as Vert? Because this Rom/Vert Bullshit is horrible.
It sounds like her Voice Direction was "Sound Like the other Vert at all costs and don't even try and have Emotions."
New rear end robo-Vert bullshit

The explanation I've seen floating around was the voices for Blanc and VII were done at the same time and she was busy.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Takoluka posted:

http://ideafintl.com/beta.php

This poo poo keeps 404'ing me but my god finally this is coming to PC.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Nep lore question: While the original PS3 Nep is non-canon, Nep uses a gun in that game, and in Nep V2, Big Nep has a gun (normal Nep does not). Does this mean that Big Nep is actually the grown-up Non-Canon Nep from the original Nep 1 from the PS3 Nep? Loremasters, please help me put this Nep question to rest, it is making me lose sleep at night.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Freak Futanari posted:

Nep lore question: While the original PS3 Nep is non-canon, Nep uses a gun in that game, and in Nep V2, Big Nep has a gun (normal Nep does not). Does this mean that Big Nep is actually the grown-up Non-Canon Nep from the original Nep 1 from the PS3 Nep? Loremasters, please help me put this Nep question to rest, it is making me lose sleep at night.

Far as I know, is merely a nod to the original Neptune. Big Nep is actually the Nep from Plutia's dimension who never became a goddess.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Original gun Nep is from Superdimension, which is specific to the Nep OG/Rebirth 1. It's even hard to say if Nep OG is non-canon, because the series has played with the idea of other universe Neps pretty consistently.

After all, Neptunia V2 is a sequel to Neptunia Victory, which isn't technically the same as Rebirth 3.

All Neps are canon. ALL OF THEM.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Purefoire needs to come back :colbert:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Freak Futanari posted:

Big Nep is the Neptune from Plutia's dimension. At the end of V there's a scene of her catching Croire, and in V2 she vaguely mentions the CPU from her home being Plutia.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
After a busted PC and Nier: Automata kept me out of it, I've finally begun the back half of VII.

The CPU dream sequences, Neptune aside, were every stupid thing I could want and more.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Ok, possibly a stupid question, but I'm just now getting to VII. I'm wondering about setting up each character's combo attacks and such in the menu; is there any reason not to, for example, immediately replace Nep's Rush attack with Nep Slash, which has 2 less Wait and 3 more power, and does 7 hits instead of 2? For that matter, is there any reason to not put your best attacks first in the chain, or what? I'm not sure what the best way to set them up is, or what the best way to go about it is, and I never have been. So, basically, what should I be aiming for?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kurui Reiten posted:

Ok, possibly a stupid question, but I'm just now getting to VII. I'm wondering about setting up each character's combo attacks and such in the menu; is there any reason not to, for example, immediately replace Nep's Rush attack with Nep Slash, which has 2 less Wait and 3 more power, and does 7 hits instead of 2? For that matter, is there any reason to not put your best attacks first in the chain, or what? I'm not sure what the best way to set them up is, or what the best way to go about it is, and I never have been. So, basically, what should I be aiming for?

Focus on Rush attacks, because it increases your EXE Drive very very quickly.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I'm playing VII now, and am on my third CPU side story (the Golden third arc, I suppose you'd call it?) and it's really boring. Particularly the samey dungeons and my limited party, with all the well know characters. No new characters in the party (barring the occasional Golden Third guest appearance) , and most of my time is spent looking for hidden treasures and trying to find new dungeons, most of which are located in a part of the world I can't get to, because it's located in a different CPU's land.

And so I ask - a) is the rest of the game similar in structure and b) can I ignore the dungeons (i.e. will I be able to get back to them?) for a time, because I'm not having much fun - even being able to complete them fully in NG+ is fine, as long as they don't reset.

Thanks in advance!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Gold Third arc is Chapter 2. I agree that the tower dungeons were super samey, but Chapter 3 is so good and worth it that I'll accept it. It goes up from there.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
What about dungeons? Will I be able to revisit them later, or so they at least not reset in NG+?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The dungeons reset in NG+, so you'll have to unlock them again and any secret items you got in a previous playthrough will be reset and you have to do their mission again.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

InspectorCarbonara posted:

The dungeons reset in NG+, so you'll have to unlock them again and any secret items you got in a previous playthrough will be reset and you have to do their mission again.

This is the most frustrating in the optional dungeon that has no map, so if you haven't gotten all the treasures prior to it, don't even bother.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Hunting secret items is boring, especially with badly translated and very strict requirements ("8 Symbol Attacks in a row without being seen", which I've cheesing with ledges, since enemies can't see if you're higher/lower, but even then it's a pain, since the count gets reset with every missed swing, and the hitboxes are really weird.

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. Thanks for the answers!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Szurumbur posted:

Hunting secret items is boring, especially with badly translated and very strict requirements ("8 Symbol Attacks in a row without being seen", which I've cheesing with ledges, since enemies can't see if you're higher/lower, but even then it's a pain, since the count gets reset with every missed swing, and the hitboxes are really weird.

Oh well, it's not the end of the world. Thanks for the answers!

There's an endgame item that makes enemies straight up not notice you, and it makes the "X attacks in a row" treasures super easy to get

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Ok, another stupid question: I'm still in Zero Dimension, and Nepgya and Umio don't seem to be getting Lily Ranks with anyone. I've had them attached to people in Coupling, and I've had them in the front row, and nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Other people seem to be getting Lily Ranks.

Also, anything else I should know about this game, because good poo poo this feels significantly harder than other Nep games.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I believe you gain lily points in this game during combat. by doing link attacks and stuff.
Pretty sure there's more to it. But that's all I remember

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Sefal posted:

I believe you gain lily points in this game during combat. by doing link attacks and stuff.
Pretty sure there's more to it. But that's all I remember

Yeah, other, non-DLC characters have been gaining ranks fine. They're at like levels 3 and 4.

Nepgya and Umio are still at 1 with everyone, despite being used the same way.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I finished the game before Nepgya and Umio were available, so I don't know what would be different about them. Personally, I wouldn't focus on Lily Ranks until you get the Lily Rank boost chips.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Kurui Reiten posted:

Ok, another stupid question: I'm still in Zero Dimension, and Nepgya and Umio don't seem to be getting Lily Ranks with anyone. I've had them attached to people in Coupling, and I've had them in the front row, and nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Other people seem to be getting Lily Ranks.

I've had Nepgya and Umio coupled the whole game while only using Umio in the pary, and they've never raised any Lily Ranks. But Umio has gained Lily Ranks with Neptune, who is also almost always in the party.
It might just raise super slow since they don't have any coupling or formation attacks? Which sucks for the DLC characters.

EDIT: Maybe it was Nepgear he raised a rank with? Not 100% on that and not at home.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There'll be VR previews on the 25th.
Prepare yourselves for the horrors(?) to come.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/862648701163929601

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
I'm cartoon stan lee's fly sunglasses.

Not Nep but Mary Skelter looks interesting. I'm torn on whether or not it will be fun or MeiQ levels of bad. Also since I doubt any other thread gives the slightest poo poo about IF games I want to post about IF stuff here. Like how I just 100%'ed Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Forces :getin:

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I hope the Oracles (specifically Chika) come back as playable characters. Chika is like Vert, but better.

Playing through ReBirth2 again (since I only got the normal ending the first time) and I'd have to say that I think it may be the weakest game in the series. It doesn't really reuse dungeons much like the others, but the plot and general pacing is just... not great. Maybe it's because of the lack of Nep and the focus on the (less interesting) sisters. At least in VII Nepgear finally has a little personality, but in RB2 she's just so aggressively bland. Not to mention the annoying Lowee sisters.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Apparently, you can now buy Nep Rebirth games via Twitch!

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Yeah, I guess that's a thing now. Wonder how that'll go.

orphean posted:

Also since I doubt any other thread gives the slightest poo poo about IF games I want to post about IF stuff here. Like how I just 100%'ed Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Forces :getin:

Cheers, I just finished mine too. Fun game, though I probably shouldn't have just cheesed the story fights by being significantly higher leveled thanks to DLC dungeons.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Takoluka posted:

Apparently, you can now buy Nep Rebirth games via Twitch!

Buying games via twitch is a pretty smart solution.
I wonder how many people see a game and be like I want to play that aswell.
make buying it as easy as possible is great.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sefal posted:

Buying games via twitch is a pretty smart solution.
I wonder how many people see a game and be like I want to play that aswell.
make buying it as easy as possible is great.

As long as it doesn't become​an exclusive distribution channel. I stay the gently caress away from Twitch since watching somebody else play video games has always been one of the worst ways I can waste my time.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Melissa Fahn should make a Twitch channel and stream Neptunia games while in-character as Neptune so she can Nep while she Neps and create a Nepception

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Freak Futanari posted:

Melissa Fahn should make a Twitch channel and stream Neptunia games while in-character as Neptune so she can Nep while she Neps and create a Nepception

That'd be pretty good, I remember there was that Face recognition Software that would let you put in models and have them map to your movement. Probably a good way to Stream AS Nep.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I would pay a monthly subscription of $10 for Nep Plays.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryWeb/status/867394755168059393

Neptunia VIIR 8/24/2017

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm looking forward to buying V2 a third time.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Is there anything being done with it besides VR? Because if not I'll being giving it a skip since I'm not hip to this VR fad.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The VR sections are supposed to be playable without a headset. There's also something about using a new game engine.

As far as content, there's some new illustrations as preorder bonuses so there might be some new events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Also, there is something special about a game parody series going "lol okay" and making something with the VIIR in the title.