Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

solar energy panel posted:

What is he mad about?

They cooked his steak medium rare and ran outta ketchup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

"The obstruction of justice articles of impeachment counts are stacking up, it seems,” an active duty FBI agent told The Daily Beast on Tuesday. Firing Comey, the agent added, was a “big gamble. You've got to kill him, metaphorically. You can't just wound him."

[...]

A senior official in the Trump administration, who previously worked on the president’s campaign, offered a candid and brief assessment of the fallout from that string of bad press: “I don’t see how Trump isn’t completely hosed.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/16/trump-officials-on-comey-memo-dont-see-how-trump-isnt-completely-fcked
Trump's fine

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The real story here is that Hillary started a new PAC. Do you think they might reopen the email investigation?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
If the memo exists, Trump is probably hosed.

The Rs win in the end, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_line_of_succession

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Like at least Spunky and his ilk know Trump is poo poo and just enjoy trolling whiney gay liberals like me

it's fun

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Trump has a high level of vindictiveness and spite, he will not drop any grudge. Here's the most likely sequence of events with that in mind.

1 - Trump gets elected.
2 - Comey continues investigation with nothing to tie to Trump.
3 - Trump let's it continue because "I got nothing to hide", and still wants him to find the leakers leaking his poo poo.
4 - Comey asks for more money and resources to investigate Trump after still having nothing to tie to Trump.
5 - Trump proceeds to poo poo-can Comey because he is wasting all those resources on something that does nothing but make Trump look bad to voters for 2020, but also because Comey has done nothing to investigate the leakers and is likely a leaker himself.
6 - Proceeds to publicly threaten Comey with "tapes" on twitter for some reason.

new phone who dis posted:

If the memo exists, Trump is probably hosed.

The Rs win in the end, though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_line_of_succession

The Republicans cannot drop Trump ever. He represents the vast majority of republican voters demands, and if they abandon him they will suffer big time for a long rear end time.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

Trump has a high level of vindictiveness and spite, he will not drop any grudge. Here's the most likely sequence of events with that in mind.

1 - Trump gets elected.
3 - Trump let's it continue because "I got nothing to hide", and still wants him to find the leakers leaking his poo poo.
4 - Comey asks for more money and resources to investigate Trump after still having nothing to tie to Trump.
5 - Trump proceeds to poo poo-can Comey because he is wasting all those resources on something that does nothing but make Trump look bad to voters for 2020, but also because Comey has done nothing to investigate the leakers and is likely a leaker himself.
6 - Proceeds to publicly threaten Comey with "tapes" on twitter for some reason.

Lol this is one sad attempt at spin

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

This extraordinarily large and lengthy investigation hasn't come to a conclusion in the span of two months. Therefore, the only purpose of the investigation was to bad mouth our dear trump!

- a retard

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Lemming posted:

Lol this is one sad attempt at spin

You're getting a "Hillary shits up the election" ticket again in 2020 boyo, which will lose to Trump again. Unless she croaks, then you'll get a Corey Booker + Elizabeth Warren death ticket.

CDHiggs
Dec 16, 2016

That night in Point Pleasant. Those red eyes Richard Gere would never forget.
Today's events have left me feeling that Impeachment is back on the menu.

Argh
Feb 15, 2005

solar energy panel posted:

What is he mad about?

He wants three scoops now

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlGT4jerBQ4
Im' glad trump is president because people are breaking their brains at a rapid rate.

fyi i'm the gay guy that has the look on his face that says "this is a little much"

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

lovely Wizard posted:

You're getting a "Hillary shits up the election" ticket again in 2020 boyo, which will lose to Trump again. Unless she croaks, then you'll get a Corey Booker + Elizabeth Warren death ticket.

*wakes up in a cold sweat* No, I'm safe. She can't get me here...

What's that in the window...?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

CDHiggs posted:

Today's events have left me feeling that Impeachment is back on the menu.

https://twitter.com/jasoninthehouse...ion-february%2F

well it was fun while it lasted boys, lets have some impeachment proceedings bring on the memos

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

lovely Wizard posted:

1 - Trump gets elected.

The Republicans cannot drop Trump ever. He represents the vast majority of republican voters demands, and if they abandon him they will suffer big time for a long rear end time.

They will happily dump him for Pence in a hot minute if things get too hairy because nobody owes him poo poo. His status as an outsider that made him appealing to some people will be the same thing that leaves him alone on an island when he fucks up too badly.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
What if Pence is worse

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Toadvine posted:

What if Pence is worse

well, we know he won't bang any interns since he's not allowed to look at other women or whatever.

i think take it easy on him will be trumps version of i didn't have sexual relations with that women, and some fancy lawyering will get him out of it i'm assuming the memo exists.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

They will happily dump him for Pence in a hot minute if things get too hairy because nobody owes him poo poo. His status as an outsider that made him appealing to some people will be the same thing that leaves him alone on an island when he fucks up too badly.

They can't.

If they move against Trump they will be hosed for a number of elections in the future. There's no "I really hate Hillary Clinton and wanted Bernie, but I REALLY don't want Trump in office" equivalent for republicans. They will spite vote for whoever they can if the republicans take any move against Trump beyond token McCain "maverick" maneuvers or minor disagreements on Fox News.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

lovely Wizard posted:

They can't.

If they move against Trump they will be hosed for a number of elections in the future. There's no "I really hate Hillary Clinton and wanted Bernie, but I REALLY don't want Trump in office" equivalent for republicans. They will spite vote for whoever they can if the republicans take any move against Trump beyond token McCain "maverick" maneuvers or minor disagreements on Fox News.

The entire succession chain is uber-loyal party Rs. They will happily dump Trump's chaos.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Also, Hillary is going to use that organization she just opened to beg for money to agitate for a special election.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

What if Pence is worse

Prepare for Christian sharia law once Trump is outted

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
what's a good company for me to invest in that sells testicle shock devices

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lovely Wizard posted:

They can't.

No, republicans will keep voting Republican, forever

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

a bone to pick posted:

Prepare for Christian sharia law once Trump is outted

Under His Eye.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Toadvine posted:

What if Pence is worse

He'd be Paul Ryan's puppet, with an extra helping of "beat the homos!"

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

paul_soccer10 posted:

No, republicans will keep voting Republican, forever

Not if they do their best to gently caress over THEIR GUY. Trump is what republican voters have wanted for many years. They gently caress over their people's Messiah and they will gently caress up big time.

The entire succession chain is uber-loyal party Rs. They will happily dump Trump's chaos.

They'd suffer a hell of a lot in 2018, and they'd lose 2020 big-time against even Hillary Clinton. Every major person that could run in 2020 for republicans sucked Trump's dick (even Ted 'Trump accused my father of killing JFK and called my wife ugly and crazy' Cruz), and if they turned on Trump they couldn't win for poo poo. Just run ads every single slot possible of them sucking Trump's dick then insulting trump right after, and it'd make democrats AND republicans more likely to vote democrat.

Their only option is wait it out till 2020 and hope that Trump doesn't want to run again.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lovely Wizard posted:

Not if they do their best to gently caress over THEIR GUY. Trump is what republican voters have wanted for many years. They gently caress over their people's Messiah and they will gently caress up big time.

They'd suffer a hell of a lot in 2018, and they'd lose 2020 big-time against even Hillary Clinton. Every major person that could run in 2020 for republicans sucked Trump's dick (even Ted 'Trump accused my father of killing JFK and called my wife ugly and crazy' Cruz), and if they turned on Trump they couldn't win for poo poo. Just run ads every single slot possible of them sucking Trump's dick then insulting trump right after, and it'd make democrats AND republicans more likely to vote democrat.

Their only option is wait it out till 2020 and hope that Trump doesn't want to run again.

nah

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

lovely Wizard posted:

You're writing this one-handed. Nobody is going to defect to D for Trump's honor. The vast majority of R's held their nose to vote for him in the first place. They aren't going to stop voting either because the R voting public understands the position they are in demographically.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Marco Rubio could 100% still run in 2020 and have relatively clean hands doing so by party standards. Cruz is done, sure.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Mnoba posted:

there is nothing wrong with nepotism
I admit, it's not uncommon in the White House, let alone the government at large.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Marco Rubio could 100% still run in 2020 and have relatively clean hands doing so by party standards. Cruz is done, sure.

Jeb is a mess.Jeb is a waste,

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Trump was just the face they needed to win a Republican cabinet into power. Do you think dismantling the healthcare bill, the EPA, public education, free press, and corporate regulations were all the calculated machinations of Donald Trump? All that poo poo was in the Republican pipeline for years, at this point they can throw Trump to the wolves, Congress is on lock.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Yeah, if Chaffetz gets that memo and it's in line with the reporting, lol trump's hosed. I've been pretty hesitant about the "it's over for him" stuff, but that's new territory.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Also, Hillary is going to use that organization she just opened to beg for money to agitate for a special election.
You gotta give me some warning before dropping scary stories in this thread.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Knight posted:

You gotta give me some warning before dropping scary stories in this thread.

Here's the big question the Dems will have to answer in the near future: If Hillary gets another chance, should Bernie?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

You're writing this one-handed. Nobody is going to defect to D for Trump's honor. The vast majority of R's held their nose to vote for him in the first place. They aren't going to stop voting either because the R voting public understands the position they are in demographically.

They wouldn't do it for their honor, they'd do it because "gently caress you fuckers for taking my poo poo."

It'd probably be more spite votes towards Libertarian/Green now that I think about it.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

lovely Wizard posted:

They wouldn't do it for their honor, they'd do it because "gently caress you fuckers for taking my poo poo."

It'd probably be more spite votes towards Libertarian/Green now that I think about it.

Faced with a possible D majority they would circle the wagons. They loving always do. The true believer Trump assholes have very little in common with the Greens or Libertarians.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Here's the big question the Dems will have to answer in the near future: If Hillary gets another chance, should Bernie?

People actually know who he is now. He got more publicity from the leaks than he did during his campaign.

He will run. And he will win. Hail satan

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I want to hear from a Trumpist how the Comey memo actually shows how good and smart Trump is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genderfluent
Jul 15, 2015

Really think about it, would you be ashamed if 10 years ago you knew that you would spend hours on a "comedy" forum defending Donald Trump, then star of the apprentice?

• Locked thread