Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

inferis posted:

I'm pretty sure to this day the only thing I've seen him in is as the bad guy in Richie rich

Watch some "Night Court."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Is Richie rich the movie where the adult woman shows her cleavage to the underage child and then sensuously kisses him?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

inferis posted:

I'm pretty sure to this day the only thing I've seen him in is as the bad guy in Richie rich

He was a patient in an earlier episode of House and I remember shouting "Oh my God it's Papa Jah!" as soon as he came on screen, much to my wife's annoyance.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
He was the titular coma guy in the episode titled "son of coma guy"

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

inferis posted:

Sometimes I wonder how Jonathan turned out the way he did and then I hear poo poo like his dad collects Starbucks gift cards.

lol

He had perfect parents and a stable living situation, he probably just had a weird case of affluenza which made him do dumb poo poo.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Tbh Jah is still a coddled actor's child floating through life and it rules for the show.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
One of the best jah stories is when he stole sacred weed from a native american's tipi and when confronted went full Rasta.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Kevin DuBrow posted:

One of the best jah stories is when he stole sacred weed from a native american's tipi and when confronted went full Rasta.
I was just listening to a live show from San Fransisco I think 424, and he talks about how the previous time he was in SF he leaves a bar late one night too hosed up to walk back to his lodgings. He ends up chilling in a park with a homeless lady, being given a dollar by some Persians who thought he was also panhandling, and eating half a warm, old tuna fish sandwich the lady gives him -- partly just not to insult her, but also because he was genuinely hungry.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Trunko posted:

Is Richie rich the movie where the adult woman shows her cleavage to the underage child and then sensuously kisses him?

That's blank check

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
The best Jah story is the time he prank called a drug study for a segment on his comedy podcast and then signed up for the study to get free Ketamine. Like I literally cannot think of a more "privileged LA celebrity's kid" thing to do than that.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Actually it's when he drowned the rat

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Actually it's when he drowned the rat

Yup and I got the shirt to prove it

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This week in florida.

https://www.local10.com/news/crime/margate-man-on-trial-for-girlfriends-choking-death-wants-to-show-penis-to-jury

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

lol

He had perfect parents and a stable living situation, he probably just had a weird case of affluenza which made him do dumb poo poo.

IDK if I'd call Papa Jah perfect, dude worked a lot and drank even more for long periods of time. I think he and Jah are essentially good people who make very real mistakes and in time own them. Perfect example being the way teenage Jah was awful to his grandmother but seemed to learn from it eventually.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
Naptime, Jew

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

im permabanned poster benjaminhill. i first started listening to uyd when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "naptime, jew" and "leaky boners to the front of the line" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of uyd humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" uyd to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
oh

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I was laughing so fuckin hard at the king speaking in ebonics in 13 year old Jonathan's dystopian sci fi short story

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah the story of 'The Jive Talking King of Los Angeles' was a real ride to go on. Teenage egomania is always fertile ground for comedy.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

inferis posted:

i saw him in some movie and said to a friend "oh I know that guy from a podcast his son does" and immediately felt really embarrassed

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
also the only way I can recognize him is because he looks so much like seth

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Didn't he also chop some kids heads off with a helicopter

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

he was also the dad in a fantasy mini series in like 2001

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

UYD: More like Auschwitz if you ask me

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Trabandiumium posted:

UYD: More like Auschwitz if you ask me

lmao I'm surprised it wasn't underlined in red pen

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Trunko posted:

Didn't he also chop some kids heads off with a helicopter

Are you thinking of the Twilight Zone movie?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone_accident

e: oh holy poo poo

Wikipedia posted:

In a July 2013 interview with actor Kevin Pollak, actor John Larroquette stated that he had been invited to the set to watch the filming after finishing his role in the scenes the day prior, and had even been issued an invitation to be an observer in one of the two helicopters used in the production. Instead, Larroquette's car was stolen from outside of an arcade an hour prior to his pre-scheduled arrival on set, and was not recovered until 24 hours later after being abandoned by the thief. In his interview, Larroquette credited the theft of his car and his inability to make it to the set to either having saved his life directly (as he would most likely have been inside one of the helicopters) or having kept him from being a direct witness on set as the accident happened.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
#576 is an instant classic

Markovnikov
Nov 6, 2010

Binowru posted:

Are you thinking of the Twilight Zone movie?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twilight_Zone_accident

e: oh holy poo poo

Yeah Johnathan mentions it in an episode, I think in the early ones.

Btw, anyone have a picture of that rat tshirt? I have to see that.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Markovnikov posted:

Yeah Johnathan mentions it in an episode, I think in the early ones.

Btw, anyone have a picture of that rat tshirt? I have to see that.

Here ya go. Ft. 2 toilets:

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
I've heard the exploding shower yurt story before but its still good.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

CaptainJuan posted:

I've heard the exploding shower yurt story before but its still good.
He's read the same piece about his love for a boy named Gary before, and I'm pretty sure he self-plagiarized the piece about survival camp for an unsuccessful private school application essay that he read a long time ago, but this was an awesome episode. Don't know if it would work for a newcomer but I'm mentally filling this one away for when someone asks for a recommendation.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

loving belly laughing during this episode, god drat. need a UYD King LAyda shirt

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
#1 is called "dads are pretty cool",

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Most recent ep is an instant classic.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
It's real good and also big ups to Johnathan for being comfortable enough with himself to go back and actually look at that kind of stuff, let alone put it out on the Internet. I'm deathly afraid of reading anything I wrote growing up for realizing what a dumbass I was.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

well why not posted:

Most recent ep is an instant classic.

Yeah i was laughing hard

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

CaptainJuan posted:

He was the titular coma guy in the episode titled "son of coma guy"

UYD: Sons of Coma Guy

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Holy poo poo yes this episode RULES

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
For some reason Itunes still hasn't updated the ep for me? Do you guys use different platforms to download?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Seltzer posted:

For some reason Itunes still hasn't updated the ep for me? Do you guys use different platforms to download?

i just use the podcast app on iOS which i imagine is in sync with iTunes. sometimes i have to manually refresh to get new eps to show up, though