Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

It's kind of fascinating how bad Trump is at corruption.

I'm pretty happy at how Comey took notes on loving everything.

Flikken posted:

Nothing matters till 2018, and then it will only matter if Democrats take both houses of congress. R's give no fucks about anything.

Well, from here it's obvious that Sessions, Pence, Bannon, and Cheeto are all complicit in many of these doings. While the Rs probably don't want to do this, if they wait 'till 2018 they run the risk of a Dem house, meaning Nancy "loving" Pelosi would be pres. with one of the houses of legislature on her side. The best-case scenario for the Rs at this point is to defect as fast as humanly loving possible and put Ryan in the WH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
There's a good documentary on Netflix called "Get me Roger Stone" and is about this crazy republican. Basically Josh Lyman but evil and republican. There was a lot of good information and Roger Stone is in the documentary taking the filmmakers along with him. It's really good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I'm pretty happy at how Comey took notes on loving everything.

This is an old Hoover trick that I'm sure every FBI director gets drilled into their head when they take the job. Document absolutely everything. Communicate everything even when you know the president isn't going to read it. That way your rear end is covered.

Not covered enough to avoid being fired, but there's no way Comey is going to actually get bullied into going down for anything if these Trump tapes exist.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

swickles posted:

The funny thing is there is a real clear blueprint for the Republicans to come out on top but they won't do it. Find a moderate Republican and make him the anti-Trump crusader. Have him point out all the fiscal irresponsibility, the danger to our intelligence agencies etc. Even if Trump stays in office, have him be a primary challenger in the next election. Unless the Dems field an Obama level candidate in terms of excitement, they would win handily.

I mean, that's what Mike Pence is, the "safety valve."

Which is kinda terrifying if the only differentiation between the actual GOP and Trump is just Russia, but there it is. Maybe the Dems won't make Russia the only focal point of their attack and can bring the Republicans down as a whole... oh. No, they're not doing that at all. We're all dead.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Probably Magic posted:

I mean, that's what Mike Pence is, the "safety valve."

Which is kinda terrifying if the only differentiation between the actual GOP and Trump is just Russia, but there it is. Maybe the Dems won't make Russia the only focal point of their attack and can bring the Republicans down as a whole... oh. No, they're not doing that at all. We're all dead.

I wouldn't call Mike Pence a moderate by any stretch.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

swickles posted:

I wouldn't call Mike Pence a moderate by any stretch.

Of course not. But the Republicans never have to run a moderate again to win, so why would they. After all, last two times they did, they lost.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
President Mike Pence is almost as scary as President Donald Trump.

Trump you run the risk of dumb wars over ego but he's so loving incompetent he can't execute as much evil poo poo as he should be able to.

Pence + house + senate would be a goddamn buzz saw of evil

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Trump you run the risk of dumb wars over ego but he's so loving incompetent he can't execute as much evil poo poo as he should be able to.

Pence will go with dummy; he's complicit in some of the impeachable offenses like the Flynn stuff

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Hillary gun be the only one NOT incarcerated when this is all over.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Pence will go with dummy; he's complicit in some of the impeachable offenses like the Flynn stuff

They're gonna have to stop somewhere but my guess is it goes as far down the chain of command as Ryan and Mitch McTurtle

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Spoeank posted:

For real, Trump is way better than Pence. Trump at least stepped out of the TPP and threatened to leave NAFTA before agreeing to a renegotiation.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

For real, Trump is way better than Pence. Trump at least stepped out of the TPP and threatened to leave NAFTA before agreeing to a renegotiation.

Idk my man, is it worse to be openly a piece of poo poo or to be giving away state secrets and accepting bribes behind closed doors?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diqnol posted:

Idk my man, is it worse to be openly a piece of poo poo or to be giving away state secrets and accepting bribes behind closed doors?

It's kinda like comparing Matt Cassel to Brady Quinn. Whichever option you go with you're hosed in the end.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

swickles posted:

My fiancee wrote a article about 13 Reasons Why that ended up on Hello Giggles. She is a child and adolescent psychologist, so the article is written for that crowd, but its still a good read. Have your children read it to if they watch the show!

http://hellogiggles.com/adolescent-psychologist-lessons-13-reasons-why/

It's impressive that your fiancee is an adolescent psyhologist and a child but it's hosed up that you're engaged to a minor.

Edit: I can see why somebody would've trusted Trump over Hillary. Hilldawg had a habit of coming up with these twisted word salads that meant absolutely nothing and made her look insincere. Trump's vocabulary consists of about the same number of words as the average Dr. Seuss book and it's not unreasonable to think that either A: He's too stupid to hide the truth, or B: if he did try to lie, it would be really, really loving obvious. Funnily enough, in reality it's a little from column A and a little from column B.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 17, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

The funny thing is there is a real clear blueprint for the Republicans to come out on top but they won't do it. Find a moderate Republican and make him the anti-Trump crusader. Have him point out all the fiscal irresponsibility, the danger to our intelligence agencies etc. Even if Trump stays in office, have him be a primary challenger in the next election.

You basically just described Evan McMullin, a Mormon who lost his home state to an avowed sex offender.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seriously complete congressional chicken shits like Jason Chaffetz are now calling for the memo

john mccain just called this a "watergate level event"

like yeah nothing matters but, perhaps, this.....matters?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
thick layers of protective irony make me think that it's really funny that Trump and his entire base probably have no idea these things are actual crimes

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
History is a lot more fun when you're not living through it I've noticed.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

thick layers of protective irony make me think that it's really funny that Trump and his entire base probably have no idea these things are actual crimes

The Whitehouse is denying the reports of the memo and it's contents so supporters can just hand wave it away as fake news like they do with anything else that challenges their views.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Gist today (in jest) said the plausible deniability that Trump knows nothing and has repeatedly shown he knows nothing is his best defense at this point

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

technically "I hope you can drop this" isn't a request to drop it, and that is probably a large enough technicality to drive a defense through. The comey memo if completely true probably isn't gonna be enough to pin an obstruction charge to.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Maybe not, but in the face of everything else, it's the dingleberry on top of a poo poo sundae that is what torpedoes Trump's career in politics

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
lol remember when Flynn wanted immunity

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

today is the best loving day

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

today is the best loving day

this day has been...intense

https://twitter.com/AP_Politics/sta...%3D3317%23pti26

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

John McCain.txt

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kalli posted:

John McCain.txt

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/864628114181115904

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

McCain wants an independent commission, not a special prosecutor

he wants these for weird mccain reasons

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hey fiz cheers for the advice the other day. Went to that oly place and turns out i developed a bit of a poo poo habit with my squat technique. Knees gettin a bit far forward. Deadlift, milpress and rows etc were good.

Also tried some cleans was pretty cool.

Regarding ol trumpy. Say he gets impeached whats the next step. You go back to the polls? Who takes power in the meantime if north Korea decides to cross the dmz the day he leaves office or whatever.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

this is how it starts

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

this is how it starts

If the gym wasnt 40 mins away on a lovely traffices road I'd give it a proper crack but gently caress that. My current gym is 5 mins from work and 10 mins from home.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

BlindSite posted:

If the gym wasnt 40 mins away on a lovely traffices road I'd give it a proper crack but gently caress that. My current gym is 5 mins from work and 10 mins from home.

tfw you will never spot her backsquat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBHJwzb-048

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I will laugh my rear end off when Trump gets impeached within the first year of his presidency.

Then I will cry myself to sleep because Pence will be president.

:negative:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BlindSite posted:

Hey fiz cheers for the advice the other day. Went to that oly place and turns out i developed a bit of a poo poo habit with my squat technique. Knees gettin a bit far forward. Deadlift, milpress and rows etc were good.

Regarding ol trumpy. Say he gets impeached whats the next step. You go back to the polls? Who takes power in the meantime if north Korea decides to cross the dmz the day he leaves office or whatever.

President Betsy DeVos :stonk:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Spoeank posted:

lol like we'd survive Sonny Perdue

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spoeank posted:

P. sure that after the sec of state the remaining people on that list need to engage in a battle royale. No dumb bullshit, whoever has the strongest kung fu becomes president.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Orrin Hatch surviving a millennia only to crawl out of dark cracks in the Earth surface and assume the presidency, a win for ancient demons everywhere.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"What do you call a Senator who's served in office for 18 years? You call him home." - Orrin loving Hatch, 1976

Orrin Hatch retire bitch

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spoeank posted:

Delores Umbridge becomes Minister of Magic after Fudge gets himself sacked. Yeah sounds about right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Delores Umbridge becomes Minister of Magic after Fudge gets himself sacked. Yeah sounds about right.

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status...%3D3320%23pti31

• Locked thread