Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Our inside mole at cig should hide a donut inside one of them and then setup a trail cam overnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Napkin dispenser for goon tears.

Brighter the color, easier to vote. My god...brilliant.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

Waiting for the inevitable Ghandi Sardiner tweet comparing three trash cans...

Aren't we all?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Sappo569 posted:

They're so backwards , busy spending time and money on the physical retail tins when they're still years off from a final game

Agreed with whoever said they're going to try and 'release' version 3.2 or whatever pile of poo poo in the box and dust their hands of the entire thing

Or even better would be sticking an IOU inside the otherwise empty box lol

I'm hoping they get them all made, then crobbler 'refactors' the ship in the art to look nothing like the box art.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Waiting for the inevitable Ghandi Sardiner tweet comparing three trash cans...

I thought it was one of his tweet first. I can't differentiate them anymore.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

they really are going to ship 3.2 or 3.3 in a collectors edition box with a download code for sq42 at a later date, aren't they

Lol, all your info and you've still not learned anything. They are going to ship 3.2 or 3.3 in a collectors edition box with a 5 dollars-off coupon for sq42 at a later date.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Beet Wagon posted:

Speaking of, anybody who hasn't seen Guardians of the Galaxy 2 yet, keep your eye out for the prominently displayed Restoration Hardware end table lol.

i noticed that as well.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sappo569 posted:

This latest development is good for star citizen

Actually it isn't and I hope they get nailed to the wall for it , as well as opening them up to all manner of legal action once the flood gates are sprung

Derek did you foresee this ELE ?

Can any of the stolen images be linked to actual marketing material where it was used to sell one of their space ship jpegs ? That will be the kicker that finally brings them down

I spoke to my rep at 123rf already and she says if the artwork is in the alpha and that the alpha is something you can buy then that's all they need to proceed, 123rf give zero fucks about 2.whatthefuckever or Chris's vision, they only care that if you pay for software then it's a commercial product.

The idiots at r/ds could not figure this out, they could literally not understand why 123rf wouldn't give a poo poo about their pedantic semantic games and how they could see Star Citizen as a commercial product, lots of 'checkmate goonie :smug:' etc

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Three dull grey boxes, the team agree that A is the one with the most vibrant 'colours' :psyduck:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

I spoke to my rep at 123rf already and she says if the artwork is in the alpha and that the alpha is something you can buy then that's all they need to proceed, 123rf give zero fucks about 2.whatthefuckever or Chris's vision, they only care that if you pay for software then it's a commercial product.

The idiots at r/ds could not figure this out, they could literally not understand why 123rf wouldn't give a poo poo about their pedantic semantic games and how they could see Star Citizen as a commercial product, lots of 'checkmate goonie :smug:' etc

Ok there Derek, stealing my valour.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

I mean anyone with a half a brain could figure that out , I know zero about marketing, art, or how to run a company. But have managed to piece together that if company A creates something and splashes their watermark on it , company B will be in trouble if they then use that product from A to sell poo poo for company B

A court won't give a crap what's a pledge and what's a donation or purchase

They will simply say did you gain any money in your business dealings by using this image

Yes

Ok you're now fined x amount of dollars to pay to the owner of that image , And x amount for making me have to learn what star citizen is.

Baliff is that man having a seizure? Mr Roberts please control yourself , those kinds of gang signs will not be tolerated in my court room

----

gently caress , Someone with some skill take that scene from when homer grabs the candy Venus Demilo, And he's interviewed by the shady 60 minutes

Mr Roberts how much was that new car

No mr Roberts control yourself

No mr Roberts noooooo

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ok there Derek, stealing my valour.

Noooo I wouldn't do that to you man, just saying I chatted with 123rf about it at the time, you should keep going as it will lead to some good laughs I reckon

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Please ask them to forward their response back from CIG to you, for your ongoing case

Or whatever bullshit makes it sound plausible

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sappo569 posted:

They will simply say did you gain any money in your business dealings by using this image

That's spot on, you don;t need to know anything more than that. The mental gymnastics on /ds was just hilarious and no matter what I said they just couldn't admit CIG hosed up.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

That's spot on, you don;t need to know anything more than that. The mental gymnastics on /ds was just hilarious and no matter what I said they just couldn't admit CIG hosed up.

The tricky part will be the determination on how much money they gained while using that image , to promote the jpeg selling shell game

Or all the other art work they've stolen

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sappo569 posted:

The tricky part will be the determination on how much money they gained while using that image , to promote the jpeg selling shell game

Or all the other art work they've stolen

Do we have an Archer repository? Would be cool to have all these in one easy to link place, there are dozens of these

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Three dull grey boxes, the team agree that A is the one with the most vibrant 'colours' :psyduck:
dull grey is the primary color for star citizen, so it makes sense

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

peter gabriel posted:

Do we have an Archer repository? Would be cool to have all these in one easy to link place, there are dozens of these

I'm pretty sure that would be Derek Smart Esquire

Back when archer gate was taking place I bet it was close to 10 really good examples, ranging from in game, to marketing material for a concept sale, and i think someone even found some stolen art work on the website and monthly newsletter.... and that's just the stuff that was found

Suffice to say even if they tried to clean it all up now I doubt even the artists know what is stolen and what isn't

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

lmao

this is good for star citizen

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

peter gabriel posted:

There was this blanket from a while ago:

Boxturret posted:

I don't know if it was mentioned, but I'm pretty sure they did steal it.

If you look closely the cloud that's covered by the watermark is different from the second one while on the bed sheet the two clouds are the same. Several of the stars around the watermark are missing and a larger star has been added beneath Uranus.

Hope this helps :)

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TrustmeImLegit posted:

God I love citizens so loving much

He ordered that in 2012.

The lack of delivery of any physical item was helpful in my request for a refund. Since they tried claiming they shipped the game portion with their 2.0 release. LOL.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Zzr posted:

CIG could use the excuse of the big scale ransomware to delay their schedule even more.

I can see it now: "All the star citizen code has been encrypted and there was a request to pay $500! We at CIG thought it wrong to use backer funds to pay a ransom. We know our community would never capitulate to terrorists. This event has inspired our artists and we now present the Ageis Bandit space ship--buy now for just $400."

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

I'm the 123rf CS typing: Dear Mr Jobbo Fett,

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

There cannot be two people on earth with the ability to articulate in an intelligent manner why Star Citizen is such a cluster gently caress--it has to be Derek!!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
If they get in trouble for stealing poo poo to market something like the Merchantman I won't stop laughing for at least a week.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Xaerael posted:

WARNING Contains actual ground breaking visionary game making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzUkngN6SBE

loving LOL Star Citizen. Crobbler's last chance is going to look like a bad 8bit game compared to these real next gen games.

This is pretty much the future. :3:

Hopefully the game will be fun too and it'll be a serious tour de force for wheeling in the next generation of game development.

CIG has missed the boat on all counts. Chris was right when he said it'd get stale if he didn't release fast enough three years ago or so.

CIG intern archiving the thread: please remind Chris that even he said his game would be stale if he missed his deadlines, please. Hopefully between coke binges he can reflect on himself and know depression and that all the money in the world can't make him a good developer.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

HycoCam posted:

I'm the 123rf CS typing: Dear Mr Jobbo Fett,

Esquire

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

So uh... what's supposed to be in the collectors box? Is this like they are teasing people that the game is nearly complete and about to go gold? Or is this going to contain cigars or a smaller box inside?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

DarkRefreshment posted:

I felt the same way about women most of the way through high school :smith:

:glomp:

Cheer up, friend!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

The Titanic posted:

So uh... what's supposed to be in the collectors box? Is this like they are teasing people that the game is nearly complete and about to go gold? Or is this going to contain cigars or a smaller box inside?

custom print cardboard urns

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

Technical details of the boxes aside, the art itself is so noisy it's nearly impossible to even know what you are looking at.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

quote:

Thank you for contacting the ACCC. We appreciate you taking the time to write to us.

Our website provides information about your rights as a consumer and how to resolve a dispute about a product or service. See: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers

We will respond to you where we have information that may help you, or you have asked a question about your rights or obligations under the law. Please don't expect a response if you have simply reported information to us.

All responses will be provided within 15 working days.

Please also see our website for information about what we can and can’t do for consumers and the types of matters we prioritise. We cannot tell you whether we will investigate a matter you report to us, nor provide legal advice

Enquiry description:
This is an initial inquiry with regards to my consumer rights for a purchase made for physical goods and software (as a package) from an overseas vendor.
The vendor in question is https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge
I made this purchase in 2012 and am now having concerns that my initial purchase, as advertised, may not be delivered. This 'game', although still being developed, is taking a lot longer than promised. Any information that you could provide would be appreciated, including my rights for a refund request (under Australian consumer Law) for a purchase made with an overseas entity and what actions are available to me if this company refuses. There are many Australians in a similar position and finding a definitive answer has not been easy, so any information provided by you, I will look at disseminating for other consumers information.
Curiosity has gotten the better of me, so I'm waiting to see what the official stance is.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gremlich is right, it was a sentence very intentionally crafted to make someone feel like he would violate their fourth amendment rights by explicitly stating that as the line he wouldn't cross.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

So uh... what's supposed to be in the collectors box?

A pistol and a single bullet

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Foo Diddley posted:

A pistol and a single bullet

You won't have time for real life when the galaxy awaits in Star Citizen! Coming this... eternity!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

If ciG gets forced to pull art, does it mean that the entire shop will be pulled and will have to be entirely re-approved by Chris?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Fatkraken posted:

As far as we can tell, ALL scenes take place in the ship's cafeteria