Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author

Beelzebozo posted:

Companion 2.0 is slick and radical. pksage and farotone are the coolest.

edit: Awesomeness Detection back to RB2 model! :toot:

Also, every time it gets downloaded, a baby koala is saved from murder, so download away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Only one song, but it's a good one?

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/864480613931388929

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Kaboobi posted:

Only one song, but it's a good one?

Nice. Too bad Blitz isn't backwards compatible (and couldn't read RB4 era DLC even if it were). Because I never bothered to buy a Roy Orbison song or whatever just for that last achievement. And now that Xbox finally copied PlayStation in surfacing the rarity percentages, I see that hardly anyone else did either.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I stumbled on the part with "What's your most/least favourite songs from recent dlc?"
I don't recognize any of this stuff. That's why I haven't bothered buying them.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Same, and you can't leave it blank.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

They could add a bunch of 50's and 60's mono/stereo stuff if they wanted my stems :(

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Oh hey for all 12 of you vocal score chasers out there, this is rad

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/864525894181806080

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

adhuin posted:

I stumbled on the part with "What's your most/least favourite songs from recent dlc?"
I don't recognize any of this stuff. That's why I haven't bothered buying them.

I played them all in youtube to decide my least favorites.

I had no problem recognizing my favorites.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

Amazingly this has been a feature since Guitar Hero started its band game, but for some dumbshit reason Rock Band has taken a decade to steal the one good idea GH had.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Well to be fair overdrive was impossible to deploy in RB3 so they probably forgot about it.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I enjoyed that survey. Hopefully a HMX goon reads it.

It made me really sad to realize I don't play Rock Band as much as I used to or want to.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
RB4 makes it really hard for me to want to play it. I almost want to say I regret purchasing it at this point.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

RB4 makes it really hard for me to want to play it. I almost want to say I regret purchasing it at this point.

The article about dynamic audio compression on the Xbone and how it sucked for the RB4 devs was legit more interesting than the game.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

whypick1 posted:

Hello "why do I even keep this thread bookmarked?" dude

Cause I don't really post in the C3 forums... but nobody here talks about customs so I dunno.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Ultimate Mango posted:

The article about dynamic audio compression on the Xbone and how it sucked for the RB4 devs was legit more interesting than the game.

Link?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
My wife wanted karaoke at a thing with her co-workers, so I lugged over my 360 loaded with official DLC and customs. Did a "light" setup with just the mics and guitars.

People had a blast. Basically any crowd can still get into RB if you approach it as karaoke with incidental guitar controllers sitting there. And having 3 mics really adds to the basic karaoke experience.

Oh and big ups to TrojanNemo for that setlist booklet thing! That's an obvious big help when selling this most niche of nerd interests as a legit 2017 Party Time.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

If you'd brought Lips you'd still be waiting for the library to finish loading, so yeah RB was the right decision there.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

2nding link request for that

Tinkeron
Sep 11, 2005
Yeah, the audio sounding so much worse has been 75% of why I'm not enjoying any time with RB4. When my bluetooth earbuds sound better than any song in-game, you hosed up. So much of my love of the series is some nice headphones and getting to hear the aspects of instruments you'd never hear in the main mix. The other 25% is I cannot get the "feel" of it right, no matter how I tweak the calibration.
Now every song in RB4 manages to just make everything sound like garbage. Funny enough, streaming to PC with an equalizer running can actually bring some life back to the music! Except when I tried to scratch the long-dormant plastic instrument itch, streaming from xbox to PC just crashes repeatedly. Bravo.

Never gonna get rid of the 360, I suppose!

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

gently caress, as someone who considers Soundgarden far and away my favourite artist of the grunge movement, this one hurt. :(

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
As someone who thought he would've liked Soundgarden with a different vocalist and thought Rage Against the Machine would've been better as an instrumental act than with anyone other than Zack, I'm still sad to see this news.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

RIP man whose songs are completely impossible to gold star on vocals :smith:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/864993959206113280
All eyes on the vocalist this generation for all new RB4 DLC

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Beelzebozo posted:

All eyes on the vocalist this generation for all new RB4 DLC
I would be fine with this if they occasionally released something I'd actually want to sing.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Doc Morbid posted:

RIP man whose songs are completely impossible to gold star on vocals :smith:

Well if you try to sing them like he did, yeah. My wife tried to explain octave shifting to me but I can't find the drat note the first time, never mind guess at where it'd be down there.

drat you singers and your singyness.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

flakeloaf posted:

Well if you try to sing them like he did, yeah. My wife tried to explain octave shifting to me but I can't find the drat note the first time, never mind guess at where it'd be down there.

drat you singers and your singyness.

It just comes from knowing the song, same as anything else with vocals. After you listen to it a dozen times you can put it in your range. Hilariously, when I try to sing a few songs in my range they'll descend into my range which puts me lower than I can sing.

gently caress professional vocalists, why are my talk pipes so lovely?

e: Going to be singing Burden In My Hand tonight. One of my favorite songs of all time.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Oh I know the song, play it back pitch-shifted and I'll tell you it's out and in which direction, I'm just an awful singer who can't make my voice noise match the staff.

Me take stick hit drum make points. And maybe ride bike without handlebars sometimes but that about it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I wish my cymbal hadn't broken. :(

Yeah, I worked with a guy at my last job that often sang, and thought he was pretty good. Thing is, he couldn't find a pitch and sang monotone. It was literally the worst singing I've ever heard, and I just saw local bands in a dive bar last week.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I'm still looking for the source of the technical analysis I read ages ago, but the summary is in the OP of this thread apparently (who knew!).

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Kaboobi posted:

Wait, this wasn't in RB3? I thought you could activate overdrive with the back button on the controller on vocals.

whypick1 posted:

Hello "why do I even keep this thread bookmarked?" dude

Because RB is fun? And RB news in general is posted here as well. And these people are cool. Jeez.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Merijn posted:

Wait, this wasn't in RB3? I thought you could activate overdrive with the back button on the controller on vocals.

Being able to deploy exclusively with a button (i.e. disable mic activation) is brand new to the series with this update.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

OIC. The movie clip wasn't real clear on that - seemed more like this update fixed not being able to deploy with yelling.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I've been out of this since Rock Band 3. My fiance said she used to play Guitar Hero back in the day, so I mentioned Rock Band 4 since I had all sorts of DLC for the 360. I was going to get this game, but is it true that the adapter for the MIDI kit was only in stock for like a month and now you can only get it for $100+ on ebay and the like? (Not to mention I would have to get the game and the wireless adapter for my old guitars.)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It's been on sale a couple of times since the initial run, but in super limited quantities. Otherwise, yeah.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is there any way to tell in advance if this will go for sale again? My fiance seems like she really wants to start playing again, and I never started playing guitar.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
They've tweeted when they're back in sale, but AFAIK no advance warning.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

whypick1 posted:

They've tweeted when they're back in sale, but AFAIK no advance warning.

Thanks. I'm following now, and it looks like they last tweeted it was in stock on 5/09. It's out of stock now though.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

This week's DLC:
https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/867017308421664768
Next week's DLC (as leaked by Xbox LIVE! Marketplace):
  • The Wind and The Wave - Grand Canyon
  • Carrie Underwood - Church Bells

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 15:03 on May 23, 2017

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

Beelzebozo posted:

Carrie Underwood - Church Bells

Wasn't this already DLC or am I misremembering one of the later Guitar Heros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
There was a lot of Carrie Underwood in GH:Live iirc