Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Gazlowe announcer is better than every legend anything in this game holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It's such a letdown to see a legendary pop up in a regular chest and have it be one I already have.

I was hoping for D.va, game. :argh:

SKULL.GIF posted:

I only played a couple matches with Tyrande but honestly she doesn't seem that much stronger than Malfurion/Uther right now. She has more damage and less healing, but her damage still isn't comparable to assassin damage.

Her skill ceiling is even higher than it was before, which is real nice to have for supports.

Tyrande's true power is being matched against Abathurs and Medivhs.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Gazlowe announcer is absolutely top-tier tech. "Don't forget to check their pockets!" It's honestly kind of disappointing how little personality some of the announcers seem to have in comparison.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gustav posted:

I don't think you can change color, but you can make it bigger. I made mine almost comically big and it helps a lot.

Reporting back to say this worked wonders. This is also a really good quote out of context!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Kai Tave posted:

Gazlowe announcer is absolutely top-tier tech. "Don't forget to check their pockets!" It's honestly kind of disappointing how little personality some of the announcers seem to have in comparison.

Beat em like them owe you money!
It's because the characters themselves have so little personality.

Bought Dva and Gul'dan today. Feel good about my life decisions.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Alarak announcer when

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Given the choice, when would one want to take Raynor over Valla in ranked play?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

When you're worried about being bursted down as a squishy Valla and you want to be a bit beefier.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So how are people liking post rework Dehaka? Right now I'm mostly bopping between two builds for him:

Option A:

Enduring Swarm/One-Who-Collects/Symbiosis/<Ult>/Primal Swarm for if the enemy team is really ability damage heavy to get the most out of the spell armor and to just roll around causing a ruckus, this is mostly just the same poo poo Dehaka did pre-rework.

Option B:

Tissue Regeneration/One-Who-Collects/Feeding Frenzy/<Ult>/Primal Rage I'm genuinely unsure if this build is actually worth doing but it's interesting to play around with. Tissue Regeneration really helps keep you alive with the considerable amount of bonus health regen, the added functionality of 10 essence per health globe makes completing the quest way easier, and taking the Essence Cap to 60 synergizes with Primal Rage to output some genuinely impressive auto attacks for a Warrior.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Haunted Mines still sucks.

Battlefield of Eternity still sucks even more, but at least spamming Tyrande gives me vision owls and Hunter's Mark on the immortal.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Given the choice, when would one want to take Raynor over Valla in ranked play?

1. When you can stack marksman like crazy with 2 close lanes
2. When enemy team has point and click stun
3. When your support doesn't have great healing output

Still really hard to justify, in a vacuum Valla is better and is much much better on certain maps like battlefield/braxis. Jimmy lost a lot of strength when they removed bullseye bonus damage

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I see a lot of players going the basic attack build but honestly I like Give Me More!/Relentless Leader/Activated Rush as Jimmy's 1/4/7 talents (while still taking Giant Killer/Executioner/Nexus Frenzy).

Raynor needs a mild rework and I don't care how important Blizzard thinks it is to have a generic easy-to-play shootman. Adrenaline Rush needs to either have Activated Rush to be baseline or to be moved to his trait (and Advanced Optics just made completely baseline without even needing a trait to justify it), and a new ability to fill the vacuum at E.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Poultron posted:

I think perhaps I misunderestimated Tyrande's power

Her healing is actually pretty strong too, Kharazim was just doing most of the heavy lifting. I don't think she will be a strong solo support in competitive or anything but seems like she is very powerful now?
Yea. She still isn't a solo healer, although her healing is signficantly better now.
She still has the CC/vision/Damage amp that she always had, but now she has much better healing and damage - although yes she has a big skill cap since she is both a skillshot-heavy hero and an immobile autoattacker.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Remember when Raynor's talents affected hyperion shots and it still only made him "viable"

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Remember when Raynor's talents affected hyperion shots and it still only made him "viable"

Wasn't he the second highest win rate in the game behind just-reworked Artanis, and getting banned a lot in leagues? Some of it was in conjunction with Thrall and his Earthquake being used to keep people in Hyperion and proc Executioner, but still.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Does Tyrande's splash damage from that one talent count for the 200% basic attack damage healing ability?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Luminous Cow posted:

Hey what seems to be the best counter character for dva right now? I want to queue up in qm and destroy all of them

Artanis seems to wreck her. Save the swap for when she's in pilot mode, laugh as she tries to run and pew pew and gets ripped in half.

On my end, I got D.Va for free out of a regular loot box for getting Valeera to level 2. Also got Tyrael and The Lost Vikings for free in the last 2 days, so not a bad haul from this event.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

whats tyreal like these days? I haven't seen him in a game yet

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Oh and Valeera or Thrall would also probably be good against D.Va. Thrall to poke her pilot dead stupidly fast, and Valeera to sneak up on her in team fights and go for the gank.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just played with the worst Chen and Leoric players I have ever seen. I couldn't even be mad at them because I was just so in awe that it looped around into being impressive

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Luminous Cow posted:

Hey what seems to be the best counter character for dva right now? I want to queue up in qm and destroy all of them
Beyond Boosters she has no way of dealing with poke. Lunara, Falstad and Valla eat her alive.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Gazlowe announcer is better than every legend anything in this game holy poo poo
Accurate

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Beat em like them owe you money!
It's because the characters themselves have so little personality.

Bought Dva and Gul'dan today. Feel good about my life decisions.
I bought the Dva heroic bundle for the Goliath skins

She does not shout "Goliath Online" when you call one in from pilot mode 0/10 would not buy again

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

I'd imagine that's because the characters don't have much, uh, character to work with. Compare the character of say, Rehgar, to Glados or Rucks.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He's okay, but nothing special. He's great against Chromie and Kael, though.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Insert name here posted:

She does not shout "Goliath Online" when you call one in from pilot mode 0/10 would not buy again

Quoting because this is unforgivable

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Raynor could really use a talent rework.

Insert name here posted:

Literally unplayable.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 17, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Fantastic with a main tank and the right assassins since he gives a lot of added survivability to your team as a whole between the slows, shields, and speedboosts. In non-ideal compositions he can still work by being an aggressive initiator and a pick-hunter.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Cuntellectual posted:

I'd imagine that's because the characters don't have much, uh, character to work with. Compare the character of say, Rehgar, to Glados or Rucks.

Yeah but the thing is that this would have been a perfect opportunity to give them some.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SirSamVimes posted:

yes, mage build zul'jin. it is my fault that you didn't get MVP :allears:

I just realized your not elMateen

lmao.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Fantastic with a main tank and the right assassins since he gives a lot of added survivability to your team as a whole between the slows, shields, and speedboosts. In non-ideal compositions he can still work by being an aggressive initiator and a pick-hunter.

Can confirm his power as a pick hunter. Was in a game with goons tonight as Valeera where they had Tyrael and Tassadar and I flailed around mostly uselessly for 90% of the match and only managed to snag like 2 sneak kills in team fights against CHROMIE, the squishiest character in the game who Valeera should be able to stomp face on. :smithicide:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Insert name here posted:

Burn down this sinful world.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Turtlicious posted:

I just realized your not elMateen

lmao.

lmao if you think the person blaming the tank for not getting mvp and rage whispering me after the game looks good in that

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Insert name here posted:

Worst game ever.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Aaaa just had an amazing comeback on Tomb of the Spider Queen despite having an Alarak Bot for most of the match. Knowing exactly when to just go "gently caress it, go for core" wins you games.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
D.Va is strange. I don't think she's awful like I've seen people raving about, but she's definitely not blow-your-socks-off either. I've quite enjoyed the games I've played with her and she can do some cool stuff re: area denial with self destruct and juggling her two forms' life bars, but never have I felt like she was bringing something to the team that another hero wouldn't do better; if I'm looking for a second bruiser(because that's realistically the only slot she can fill), it's really hard to ever consider her over Sonya, Varian, Dehaka, etc.

She's got some really big problems with her mech form that I think boil down to them being way too conservative with her numbers.
  • Why the gently caress does she have a movement speed malus? The only reason I can think of is that they were afraid of move-and-fire ranged attacks on a character that didn't have brittle bone disease, but her auto attacks are effectively melee range and do piss damage. Her poo poo movement speed means moving between fights loving sucks because you often need to choose between getting to a fight on time and having boosters on CD or not, and it makes positioning Defense Matrix on the heroes that matter quite awful.
  • Her mech damage is an absolute joke for fighting heroes. I get that the gimmick is that mech form = disruption and pilot form = damage, but the mech form loses its ability to bully once people begin to realize that almost anyone can trade blows with her and come out even or ahead. Diving into a support and bullying them away from a fight seems like something she should naturally be great at, but most decent supports can simply throw a heal on themselves and then bust her chops unassisted.
  • Self-Destruct and her mode switches are her defining identity as a hero but it takes an absolute eternity to charge, even when actively fighting on a consistent basis, and this effectively means she's playing large segments of the game with only two abilities. This is super, duper bad.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WHOO YEAH WE loving DID IT

RECOVERY IS ALWAYS POSSIBLE

Down three levels we go "gently caress it just go for the loving core" on Haunted Mines and crush them like arthropods beneath our superior heels

Defeat is never inevitable, my goons!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I got four legendary skins in a common chest. All four of which are variants on ones I recently got with shards or real money.

Do I laugh or cry. I used the shards to get azmodunk.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

SKULL.GIF posted:

WHOO YEAH WE loving DID IT

RECOVERY IS ALWAYS POSSIBLE

Down three levels we go "gently caress it just go for the loving core" on Haunted Mines and crush them like arthropods beneath our superior heels

Defeat is never inevitable, my goons!

"attack the core" is always the right plan

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kanos posted:

D.Va is strange. I don't think she's awful like I've seen people raving about, but she's definitely not blow-your-socks-off either. I've quite enjoyed the games I've played with her and she can do some cool stuff re: area denial with self destruct and juggling her two forms' life bars, but never have I felt like she was bringing something to the team that another hero wouldn't do better; if I'm looking for a second bruiser(because that's realistically the only slot she can fill), it's really hard to ever consider her over Sonya, Varian, Dehaka, etc.

She's got some really big problems with her mech form that I think boil down to them being way too conservative with her numbers.
  • Why the gently caress does she have a movement speed malus? The only reason I can think of is that they were afraid of move-and-fire ranged attacks on a character that didn't have brittle bone disease, but her auto attacks are effectively melee range and do piss damage. Her poo poo movement speed means moving between fights loving sucks because you often need to choose between getting to a fight on time and having boosters on CD or not, and it makes positioning Defense Matrix on the heroes that matter quite awful.
  • Her mech damage is an absolute joke for fighting heroes. I get that the gimmick is that mech form = disruption and pilot form = damage, but the mech form loses its ability to bully once people begin to realize that almost anyone can trade blows with her and come out even or ahead. Diving into a support and bullying them away from a fight seems like something she should naturally be great at, but most decent supports can simply throw a heal on themselves and then bust her chops unassisted.
  • Self-Destruct and her mode switches are her defining identity as a hero but it takes an absolute eternity to charge, even when actively fighting on a consistent basis, and this effectively means she's playing large segments of the game with only two abilities. This is super, duper bad.

It seems like maybe they wanted her tanking waves and towers with a pocket healer to get her self destruct up, but there are much better uses for a pocket healer. And yeah as someone mentioned earlier her pilot form has no real stutter step ability.

Obviously day 1 though, so there is no doubt something we are missing. Detonate charge does take way too long to build, though. Isn't it just over 3 minutes of straight attacking to build it back up if you don't get charge from damage taken?

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Insert name here posted:

preorder loving cancelled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I've come to the conclusion that Shield Wall Varian is pretty much bullshit.