Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Capsaicin posted:

I haven't been watching much lately aside from NXT, but from what I see, Fashion Files are the best part about main roster WWE right now?

This statement is true and correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Last seen here

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/864663578107944961

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hello stranger: https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/864663676439076864

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I was so busy reading about Trumpstuff I forgot Smackdown existed

Did anything important happen?

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Erebus posted:

I was so busy reading about Trumpstuff I forgot Smackdown existed

Did anything important happen?

Jinder is being booked like Roman Reigns, without the talent, or the dread that this is what you'll be looking at for the next eight years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Vince McMahon likes a man who does steroids in 2017 and is completely unapologetic about it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shinjobi posted:

Vince McMahon likes a man who does steroids in 2017 and is completely unapologetic about it.

I'm glad he likes Neville I just wish he'd book the division better.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
All wrestlers should do steroids, and cocaine.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Trip Larsen posted:

All wrestlers should do steroids, and cocaine.

If it gets us more Rock/Savage promos :agreed:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Timby posted:

I've figured it out, everyone: MassRafTer (whose knowledge is always appreciated, mind you) is the Darren Rovell of wrestling. "If it makes money, it's good."

The WWE made very little money last quarter so there's a lot of truth to this.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I laughed like an idiot at "And finally... OUR day one will be H!"

Breezango rules so much

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Is Jinder champ yet?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, y'know.

People say that the result of Cena/Wyatt at Wrestlemania buried Bray, but give John some credit, he at least sold Bray's spooky poo poo.

Now everybody on the roster just treats him like a loser. We can sell being put on a list, but we can't sell that Bray is a little intimidating. Xavier did both, at least. Xavier owns.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Speaking of Injustice 2, my roommate just got it today and it's pretty fun.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I hope Jinder wins on Sunday just to see all the butthurt :D

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

https://youtu.be/T89BcJ0-HMw

Alexa on UUDD for all interested parties.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eli Wiggum posted:

Most people still prefer hm over Orton.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Orton v Jinder is going to be absolutely terrible. If even AJ can't drag a halfway decent match out of Jinder then Orton has no loving chance.

e: also I understand why they have contract signings for title matches but why the gently caress did they do one for a totally pointless 6-woman tag?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Eli Wiggum posted:

At this point I'm convinced Chicago will ironically cheer Jinder.

Well, assuming the match doesn't put them in a coma.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
backlash has a couple matches that could be very good

and we also get to watch zayn lose again

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Julio Cruz posted:

e: also I understand why they have contract signings for title matches but why the gently caress did they do one for a totally pointless 6-woman tag?
Women's Revolution :iamafag:

E: I DVR'd SmackDown and much like the dude who DVR'd RAW I'm wondering if I should delete it or not

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 06:11 on May 17, 2017

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Julio Cruz posted:

Orton v Jinder is going to be absolutely terrible. If even AJ can't drag a halfway decent match out of Jinder then Orton has no loving chance.

If Orton were Roman we could speculate how AJ had a false flag bad match against Jinder so Roman would look better having a decent match against Jinder. But you know, Orton isn't Roman so Jinder most likely just sucks.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

Actually, you are mistaken. The no stakes, six women tag is incredibly important because... women's revolution.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

So much salt and win! :bacon: :win: :trollface:

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
i finally saw guardians vol. 2 earlier tonight and i still can't get over how hilarious it is that vince and co. continue to not take batista up on his offer to come back for another run for no reason other than what amounts to petty spite at this point.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Batista seems like a nice guy but he's only interested in doing a program with Triple H, which pretty much nobody wants to see.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
counterpoint: hollywood "gives no poo poo" heel batista is the best thing.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sugar Blaster posted:

counterpoint: hollywood "gives no poo poo" heel batista is the best thing.

better than wwe "gives no poo poo" somehow face randy orton.

backlash will be good. aj and ko will be a good match, breezango will make their day one h god willing, and nakamura is gonna destroy dolph ziggler. the rest will be alright at best, but those three i am legitimately excited for.

and then pete dunne is gonna be on takeover! and the three best women on nxt are having a match! maybe i'll watch the uk thing! but it'll be a good wrestleweekend, friends.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP.

I'm surprised at how equal the match between Orton and Corbin was, but the highlight of the night was definitely the Fashion Police hoping that at Backlash, their day one will be H :shobon:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I've been in Italy for a week gorging myself on pasta and wine so I didn't watch wrassling:

1. I assume the Strowman injury timeline is a work and they're still planning on having him face Brock at Summerslam?

2. Did they really give away Balor's first clean loss/Roman's revenge on a throwaway Raw?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I've been in Italy for a week gorging myself on pasta and wine so I didn't watch wrassling:

1. I assume the Strowman injury timeline is a work and they're still planning on having him face Brock at Summerslam?

2. Did they really give away Balor's first clean loss/Roman's revenge on a throwaway Raw?

1. Nope it's real
2. Yes

I really hope they're not putting the strap on Jinder, he was really badly exposed last night as a bad promo and bad wrestler. He needs to go back to comedy jobbing like yesterday.

e: Apparently to fill out the Backlash card, they added Rowan vs. Harper and Aiden English vs. Tye Dillinger :confused:

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 17, 2017

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Braun's injury is real, but he's not going to be out for 6 months.

Also, Jinder stood tall last night, he's not winning.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Eli Wiggum posted:

Women's Revolution :iamafag:

E: I DVR'd SmackDown and much like the dude who DVR'd RAW I'm wondering if I should delete it or not

Watch the stuff with the Fashion Police, which is quite early on. The rest is meh.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
^^^ thanks!

RacistGuidingLight posted:

So much salt and win! :bacon: :win: :trollface:
u mad?? :grin:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Haven't kept up with the shows in ages but judging from Raw/SD this week it looks like I'm justified. holy poo poo lol at that roman/finn non-starter. just take the loving belts off lesnar/orton holy poo poo it is 2017.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hope the WWE Title match is the main event on Sunday so I can watch the rest of the PPV uninterrupted because the rest of the card looks super good.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

kinetic77 posted:

https://youtu.be/T89BcJ0-HMw

Alexa on UUDD for all interested parties.

Alexa consistently shoots the treasure in gauntlet. I don't know why I find that so hilarious, but I do.

Like the rest of her playing is normal 'bad at video game' stuff but she'll collect every treasure except for one and then shoot it for 10 seconds straight.

Also I didn't know Lonely Island had a movie!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown results added to the OP.

I'm surprised at how equal the match between Orton and Corbin was, but the highlight of the night was definitely the Fashion Police hoping that at Backlash, their day one will be H :shobon:
Corbin is gonna be the WWE champion this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I live in Chicago and am still considering going to Backlash

• Locked thread