Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I guess Funimation offered a cheaper price for Ghoul then!

That's impossible, everyone knows they make all their business decisions based on the outcome of a single twitter poll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Samurai Jack is ending next week so maybe Mob 100 will be next

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I honestly think 11:00 is gonna go back to Family Guy after Jack. I'd like to be wrong, though.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAtlzSvJudg

I just smh every time I see this. Some flavors of month beat out loving Lupin, an AS classic

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Huh then why were people being so whiny about the poll

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Huh then why were people being so whiny about the poll

Yeah you don't get to play this card lol

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
How so?

I never looked at the poll as I didn't care so I took y'alls word on it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Though it's still weird unless he is planning to run all three and just wanted to see the hype for each one.

Though I don't know how long Lupin is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, so I've been watching ahead in Dragon Ball Super, and you don't gotta worry about the Resurrection F arc. It's one episode longer than the Battle of Gods saga, but we're already like a third through it with the preamble. According to the episode count, the final battle is only 4 episodes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh joy only four episodes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean

When you compare it to the 8 episodes against Beerus, it's loving brisk. And I guess it feels much faster when you watch it all at once as opposed to weekly.

Also, it's actually one episode shorter. For a second, I thought 13 was 15.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 17, 2017

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It also (apparently) changes some significant things from the movie, unlike the BoG stuff that had different versions of essentially the same events (but still leaving out the kidnapping scene?? how the hell do you go 15 episodes and not even have all the stuff in the movie). The Frieza stuff still isn't that great, but we're past the worst of the show in general.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also there was a Dimension W OVA. The important thing about this is:

https://twitter.com/paeses/status/864576149275496448

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That almost makes me want to watch the Dimension W OVA before I remember just how disappointing that show was

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Dimension W reminds me a whole lot of Big O. And like, not just the surface similarities of a guy investigating a mystery with a cute girl robot. Both series start with a fair amount of promise and are fairly entertaining when they do little done-in-one episodes, but both have ongoing plots that devolve into absolute clusterfucks at the end and make the whole thing ultimately unsatisfying.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
But Big O ruled?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
If you signed up for big robot fights and CAST IN THE NAME OF GOD: YE NOT GUILTY and robot anime waifu's being robot waifu's and trolling the human condition like only a robot can then the latter half of Season 2 has pretty much nothing for you.

Big O is probably one of the few shows that did it's crazy mid-season transition well (even if it was rushed into it.)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay yeah, it's ridiculous how much better the ResF arc was than Battle of Gods.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I don't know anything about the RoF arc other than the return of a character that isn't Frieza and I'm eager to see that

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I had completely forgotten about that until you mentioned it.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Get your JOJO blu-rays
https://www.viz.com/watch/tv-series/product/12665

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This Obama Boondocks episode is weird to watch now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I guess Viz is just leaning into the Jojonium aesthetic for everything, which is fine, I guess. Gotta keep the brand consistent.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/clarknova1/status/865247067656122368

Looks like HxH might be pushed back.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 18, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Something must have gone seriously wrong with Mob Psycho.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm so happy. Lupin was my favorite show back in the old days of AS.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvaosZlQqrY

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Lupin is a good show.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

CharlestheHammer posted:

Something must have gone seriously wrong with Mob Psycho.

Given the US licensor is Crunchyroll and Toonami has no relationship with them, maybe CR doesn't want a TV network to have it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Funimation did the dub. Remember, partnership.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think Gundam on Toonami's fate was sealed when they had to swap it and Hunter x Hunter on the new schedule due to backlash.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
gently caress yeah. I had the new Lupin in my CR queue but I never got around to watching it. I'm too used to the dub voices anyhow

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm like five episodes into the show and it's really good so far and hearing the JP voices has been cool, but it's gonna be nice hearing Epcar as Jigen again and not as his 70 year old VA even though it's good.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Waffleman_ posted:

Funimation did the dub. Remember, partnership.

No they didn't. Bang Zoom did. Funi got to stream it due to the partnership.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh, well gently caress.

That explains why they cast a terrible human being as one of the main characters.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, well gently caress.

That explains why they cast a terrible human being as one of the main characters.

Again, I think you're mixing up Kirbopher with Psyguy, but maybe Kirbopher's lame too, idk. Any particular reasons why he's a bad guy?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kirbopher's kinda in that Psyguy enabling inner circle, and from multiple accounts in the industry, he's a huge loving rear end in a top hat.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I'm still doing wrestling night tonight. I'm probley gonna start at 9:00 PM EST if you wanna watch some WRASSLIN

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, well gently caress.

It's probably because he did a pretty good job as Reigen and not because he's a piece of poo poo, op

He is a piece of poo poo though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also it was probably cr's decision so kudos to them for not just handing the show to Funi to dub and actually getting one of the best studios in Cali to do it

The same is happening with the Berserk 2016 anime, but that one's bad so rip

• Locked thread