Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Renoistic posted:

I know you can just not use them, but is there really no way of uninstalling the outfit DLCs in Gravity Rush 2? Because most of them are terrible or don't fit the game at all.

You could try deleting the game and reinstalling it but any costumes that are part of the base game or included with patches are going to be there regardless.
Just don't use them :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Renoistic posted:

I'm guessing the new Zelda game? Or Persona "Sexual abuse is bad unless it's funny and awesome" 5.

I poo poo on Zelda week 1 after release and after putting 40 hours into it, I get to be the hate hipster I guess. I get why people love it and climbing/hang-gliding is really fun but the shrines become repetitive and the korok puzzles are repetitive and boring and gently caress the rain. Also gently caress the game for turning into a slideshow when I hit enemies randomly. In the grand tradition of open world games, the world was too big and repetitive and copy-paste. They needed to cut the world down, cut the shrine count, and put more effort into the puzzles.

Also they should've just dropped voice acting altogether because if they're not going to aim for better than a middle school play, why even bother. That was some worst-in-industry poo poo. There are a lot of great Japanese game developers but man they need to get the people CDPR or Eidos or Naughty Dog or even Bethesda hired to help get their voice presentation together. I know if you watch a ton of anime you can get used to the C tier poo poo like in N:A and FF15 (which was incredibly frustrating because that team had access to proven shops) or even feel like that's somehow "really good" but I'm over it. There was a lot of rightfully-earned criticism of the voice acting/direction in HZD but Japanese games usually get on a pass on it because of lovely lowered expectations and what amounts to psychological priming. Stop making excuses about it only being games or liking melodramatic hammy whacky bullshit and expect better.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

It took like 2 weeks for Nioh to stop being the greatest thing ever conceived by humans, and then everyone forgot about it and now Neir has dethroned it as the current hyperbole bomb, or wait is it still Neir? I think it's Persona now? What's the most recent anime game? That's the thing that is the greatest thing ever made.

I don't know why anyone is giving you poo poo over this post. It's pretty true.

This forum dropped Nioh like a toxic turd. The loving awesome DLC came out recently and thete have beem like 20 posts in the nioh thread since it dropped.

But this is also a phenomenon that we've discussed before. Early adopters are usually people who both know what to expect and are big fans. Later adopters, people who didn't know what to expect but got a game because they heard people raving about it, are more likely to be critical. At the same time, people are more likely voice their criticisms after the initial hype dies down because they are less afraid of being jumped on by the rabid fanboys.

I really enjoyed both Nioh and Nier: A.

Edit: oh and HZD. I couldn't remember the third one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh my god you have the weirdest hate boner for this game.

I mean you weren't whining like this when people went insane over HZD.

What game? I like them both. Neir I'm guessing. You seem to be confusing not blowing every aspect of a pretty obviously flawed game with hating it.

people poo poo on HZD all the time. I think it was good but it's not perfect. I'm not going to make excuses for everything that is stupid about it and if someone hates it I'm not going to tell them to keep playing unless they literally havent bothered completing the tutorial which is where a lot of people come to weigh in it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

veni veni veni posted:

What game? I like them both. Neir I'm guessing. You seem to be confusing not blowing every aspect of a pretty obviously flawed game with hating it.

people poo poo on HZD all the time. I think it was good but it's not perfect. I'm not going to make excuses for everything that is stupid about it and if someone hates it I'm not going to tell them to keep playing unless they literally havent bothered completing the tutorial which is where a lot of people come to weigh in it.

Yes I see poo poo talking a game and making every attempt to belittle and misrepresent it as hating it correct.

The fact you like it just makes it baffling.

I mean someone people talking about a game months later is just initial hype, that is insane.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've said plenty of positive things about it. You just see what you want to see apparently.

Also, please give me one example of when I've misrepresented it and explain how, because that is a load of poo poo.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 17, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I really enjoyed Nioh but it's hard for me to go back to a game even when DLC has come out, when there are other new releases streaming in as well.

Hell, I've had the Bloodborne DLC since like a couple months after it was released, and I popped into Bloodborne and all I had was an endgame save and I had completely forgotten how to play. I haven't gone back to it simply because of time and other things to play

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

veni veni veni posted:

I've said plenty of positive things about it. You just see what you want to see apparently.

Also, please give me one example of when I've misrepresented it and explain how, because that is a load of poo poo.

That is is a niche game not for everyone and various other meaningless phrases.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Renoistic posted:

Anyway, I played Bloodborne for about ten hours, telling myself it's going to be fun once "I got it". It wasn't working. So I quit playing. And started playing games I enjoy, like Nier A, the new Hitman (RIP), and Resident Evil 7. Well that's my story.

That was Nioh for me, I enjoyed the promise of the London level, then it was just all downhill and realized I was not having fun with the next several levels. I disliked the stances, didn't like hitting Ki Regen constantly, and having a bazillion loot pop up, and was just not having fun fighting most of the enemies.

So I started playing Bloodborne, was having more fun than Nioh but still not quite digging it. I died like 20x on Father Gasglione, almost gave up and then beat Cleric Beast instead on my first try, went back and kicked FG's rear end with the badass Kirkhammer and started having a blast. Now I'm addicted and was playing until my thumbs hurt. I'm now in the Forbidden Woods.

I might go back and give Nioh a try after I beat BB, idk.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:09 on May 17, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

In my opinion Nioh isn't worth it. Though I have heard good things about the DLC.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

🤔

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:gas:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Nioh is a pretty different style of combat than Bloodborne/Dark Souls. If you try to play it like them, it's going to be pretty underwhelming at best.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

No video game is "worth it", as existence is meaningless and death is inevitable.

For more information, consult NieR: Automata (Yoko Taro, 2017)

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

bloodychill posted:

I poo poo on Zelda week 1 after release and after putting 40 hours into it, I get to be the hate hipster I guess. I get why people love it and climbing/hang-gliding is really fun but the shrines become repetitive and the korok puzzles are repetitive and boring and gently caress the rain. Also gently caress the game for turning into a slideshow when I hit enemies randomly. In the grand tradition of open world games, the world was too big and repetitive and copy-paste. They needed to cut the world down, cut the shrine count, and put more effort into the puzzles.

Zelda is by far the most overhyped game to come out this year but I always feel bad about saying that because I still really liked it and it seems petty to be down on a game I would rate pretty highly just because everyone else is on the best game ever train. Until I remembered that Gravity Rush 2 came out this year though I did like to joke that Zelda was the worst game I've played this year.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Overrated is the most meaningless criticism.

All it means is that some other people liked the game more than you.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I wish there were something less mega creepy behind the telephone clubs in Yakuza 0 to justify that amazing cut scene of Kazuma answering the phone.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
For the record, the latest Anime game is Akiba's Beat, the Persona wannabe sequel to a stripping your enemy based beat em up they appear to now want to be taken seriously so it's removed the stripping

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Failboattootoot posted:

Zelda is by far the most overhyped game to come out this year but I always feel bad about saying that because I still really liked it and it seems petty to be down on a game I would rate pretty highly just because everyone else is on the best game ever train. Until I remembered that Gravity Rush 2 came out this year though I did like to joke that Zelda was the worst game I've played this year.

Yeah, I don't like to poo poo on it. It did a lot of cool things and it's a good game overall and I like the enthusiasm around it so it makes me feel a little guilty for getting frustrated with it because I get annoyed when people get snippy and don't have patience for games I really like.

Speaking of which, I loved Nioh and still love it and remember it fondly because the combat really scratched an itch for me and the Onimusha-style setting was something I missed. Fighting a magic gun ninja in a burning castle was the peak for me. I'll get to the DLC one of these days. That said, I get some of the criticism of it. The loot system is all kinds of flawed.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the best thing about Nioh's loot system is how easy it is to ignore by just autoselling everything that isn't what you specifically give a poo poo about.

I'm most of the way through the DLC, and it's really cool. If I had one complaint, it wkild be that the missions are too long. They are both really cool, really large areas. Lots of shrines, lots of shortcuts. But because it's not souls, you can't just pop back to blacksmith midmission. The are the longest missions in the game, I'm pretty sure. I think the only mission that comes close is The Demon King Reborn.

The new weapon is awesome. I'm surprised how well they managed to give it a unique playstyle.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bombadilillo posted:

Does anybody dislike Yakuza? Is that possible?

Me. It's not so much that I dislike it but more that I couldn't care less about playing it, ever.

CharlestheHammer posted:

That is is a niche game not for everyone and various other meaningless phrases.

Simmer down, child.

------

Renoistic posted:

Anyway, I played Bloodborne for about ten hours, telling myself it's going to be fun once "I got it". It wasn't working. So I quit playing.

:siren:Please refer to the following posts at your leisure: :siren:

Ammanas posted:

Like six weeks back I dumped on bloodborne, called it dog poo poo and gently caress FROM and gently caress anyone who likes Souls game

I was wrong.

Bloodborne owns.

It's really loving good.

My bad, dudes.

fridge corn posted:

It just clicked for me too last week. Having so much fun with it now

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This happened to me in September and I've been playing Souls games pretty much non stop since then 😳

Xaris posted:

So I started playing Bloodborne, was having more fun than Nioh but still not quite digging it. I died like 20x on Father Gasglione, almost gave up and then beat Cleric Beast instead on my first try, went back and kicked FG's rear end with the badass Kirkhammer and started having a blast. Now I'm addicted and was playing until my thumbs hurt. I'm now in the Forbidden Woods.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Renoistic posted:

I'm guessing the new Zelda game? Or Persona "Sexual abuse is bad unless it's funny and awesome" 5.

Anyway, I played Bloodborne for about ten hours, telling myself it's going to be fun once "I got it". It wasn't working. So I quit playing. And started playing games I enjoy, like Nier A, the new Hitman (RIP), and Resident Evil 7. Well that's my story.

Hi there Bloodborne disliker. I felt like you and then something clicked for me with Bloodborne. I think I feel the same way you do about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Like I play and then get hooked for a bit, and then I just get bored to hell with it. The story just wasn't interesting enough for me to sit through and force myself to play.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

bloodborne absolutely didnt click for me the first time i played it and i left it there for a long time, until i finally resigned myself to never beating the game and decided to watch an lp. i asked for suggestions and this is the one i got the most overwhelmingly, and the guys intensely stupid name aside actually the videos are really good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyfeBHAfpZQ&list=PLQDWoXFQ-YLqnVUES5NZmzh8sQ3VrOnnP

but for some reason watching these lp videos made the game seem more doable to me, and so i fired it back up and after being stuck at the cleric beast before i made a new character and got a kill on both the cleric beast and gascoigne on my first tries (i hadnt even made it to him before)

so i dunno, if you feel like the game isnt clicking for you try watching that lp i guess since that seemed to make everything click for me

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

bloodborne absolutely didnt click for me the first time i played it and i left it there for a long time, until i finally resigned myself to never beating the game and decided to watch an lp. i asked for suggestions and this is the one i got the most overwhelmingly, and the guys intensely stupid name aside actually the videos are really good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyfeBHAfpZQ&list=PLQDWoXFQ-YLqnVUES5NZmzh8sQ3VrOnnP

but for some reason watching these lp videos made the game seem more doable to me, and so i fired it back up and after being stuck at the cleric beast before i made a new character and got a kill on both the cleric beast and gascoigne on my first tries (i hadnt even made it to him before)

so i dunno, if you feel like the game isnt clicking for you try watching that lp i guess since that seemed to make everything click for me

Yharnam's done-for...

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's not like I'm stuck in Bloodborne I just haven't found a compelling reason to continue playing. I got past the machine gun guy and the gate you could open with the expensive key.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Renoistic posted:

It's not like I'm stuck in Bloodborne I just haven't found a compelling reason to continue playing. I got past the machine gun guy and the gate you could open with the expensive key.

Here, I found one for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu4RzHhn-Jg

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Meh, did that already.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Renoistic posted:

Meh, did that already.

Okay then, you grouchy gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NREBwhZz7Ms

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Failboattootoot posted:

I just finished GR2 the other day and I can't believe how disappointed I was by it. Easily the biggest letdown so far this year for me.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Policenaut posted:

I just finished GR2 the other day and I can't believe how disappointed I was by it. Easily the biggest letdown so far this year for me.

Yeah, I was hugely let down as well. Everything that they added just seemed to make the game worse. Except for the camera. Hands down the worst sidequests I've seen in a while and I played through a couple of planets of ME:A.

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 10:59 on May 17, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

NeeT: Aut Man's Saga.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Regarding nioh, the main reason it's been dropped like a rock in discussion is because the game doesn't have a lot to discuss. I mean seriously, the plot is pretty straightforward even if a little hard to understand all the historical events going on. There's very little pvp related stuff to discuss, and the pvp added so far isn't very fun or balanced.

Then there's only about 4 different main weapons. Each of those main weapons can have thousands of loot drop but they're all gonna have the same moveset.

The summon system is a step backwards from any of the souls games.

Nioh is a good game but it really doesn't lend itself to discussion as much as quirky Nier is. When it gets a definitive edition with all the dlc, nioh might garner a second wave of interest and discussion.

But there really is almost too many games to play this year. We're about to find out the next wave at e3 next month.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ubisoft already announced The Crew 2 and Far Cry 5, what else do you need to know???

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Videogame recommendations are difficult particularly with more outlandish titles like Nier which I am finding I have to push myself to play. I dont particularly like suggesting games to people though as the ones I love the most are genius in my eyes.

I'm sure there is someone out there who despises Rocket League or Spelunky but I don't need to hear it because those games are as close to flawless as I can imagine.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Spelunky is a roguelike so I automatically have less than zero interest in it and Rocket League is an online only sports game which is double less than zero interest.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rocket league owns

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
You can't not like Rocket League. Itd be like hating on Tetris.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I like video games that I enjoy and have no problems with people disliking those same video games!
I like hearing differing views most of all because then I might consider newer viewpoints :D

I know some people who hate tetris and rocket league but they love hidden object games and mobile phone games. It is a crazy world of video games.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Hate? Actual hatred of Rocket League? Dont get me wrong I can picture a cut of the population trying it and thinking meh or not for me or whatever but not outright seething hatred in that same way peopke might hate Dota or Persona or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Macarius Wrench posted:

Hate? Actual hatred of Rocket League? Dont get me wrong I can picture a cut of the population trying it and thinking meh or not for me or whatever but not outright seething hatred in that same way peopke might hate Dota or Persona or something.

Plenty of people hate any game they don't like, this is the internet after all.