Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
in that case, i got nothin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
You could try Chuggaaconroy's Xenoblade Chronicles LP: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_sYhAj0WXRM2_xfO1O6P040gwIwlhqcP

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Loezi posted:

For reasons beyond me, I'd like to see what is essentially a (semi)blind LP of World of Warcraft. Something similar to Giant Bomb's 30 Day Trial: World of Warcraft but continuing to some more satisfying end-state than just "welp, I guess we've played this for 30 days now". The expansion can really be whatever. If no such thing exists, a non-blind LP is probably just as fine. Any recommendations?

ETA: offsite is fine.
I'm not sure that any such thing exists - it's such a massive undertaking. The closest thing I know of is the Game Grumps, where they tried to go through some high end content for charity, but it's only 5 episodes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRtLDQVHIEc

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I don't know if I asked this before, but if I do I don't remember so

Monster Hunter LPs?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sociopastry posted:

Monster Hunter LPs?

Never played a Monster Hunter game, but this one has been pretty entertaining.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785058

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

bewilderment posted:

Can I get some recommendations of LPs where the game itself is totally crazy (and potentially story heavy) in some sense - be it really out-there or just plain nonsense - and the LPer is pretty chill and is willing to let the game speak for itself for the most part?

I think MeccaPrime's Link's Awakening Let's Play counts here.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

I think MeccaPrime's Link's Awakening Let's Play counts here.

This LP is amazing.
Years later, It still cracks me up.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

bewilderment posted:

Chip and Ironicus playing Metal Gear Rising

The Wonderful 101 is pretty similar.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Sociopastry posted:

Monster Hunter LPs?

Which game?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Beelerzebub posted:

Which game?

Any

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

This one of MH3U is pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLekB0zmLBUtTtvHLCiqvfLzpAB3VRecSo

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I don't know why, but I feel the urge to remind everyone about the LP of The Sniper 2.
https://lparchive.org/The-Sniper-2/

My favourite part is everyone's changing reaction to the mandatory 2-minute intro before 30-second levels.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Any good ones of the new Prey? Current or planned ones on the forum are preferable, but I'll settle for high quality youtube if no one's going to do a Prey LP for several months.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Any good Nioh LPs (not blind runs), preferably on-site?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

malkav11 posted:

PoptartsNinja did a pretty great LP of Star Trek Online. I think he's also involved with the ongoing Star Wars: The Old Republic LP but since I actually want to play through the storylines in that game myself (unlike STO, which I hated) I haven't been following it.

Really good shout. Thanks!

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I'm trying to learn how to not suck at Risk of Rain, and I remember that the Binding of Isaac LP here helped me a lot at that game. I've searched the master list to no avail, so I guess I'll have to go off-site; any good Risk of Rain LP, preferably one aimed at newcomers to the game and where things are explained?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
drat. There was a really good one that explained a lot of stuff but it wasn't finished and the guy isn't around anymore... I guess if you go digging in the archives here.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Earlier in this thread, there was a mention of Best Friend Skull doing one but getting outed as a rapist after a few episodes. Not sure how I feel about watching that...

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

CordlessPen posted:

Earlier in this thread, there was a mention of Best Friend Skull doing one but getting outed as a rapist after a few episodes. Not sure how I feel about watching that...

Wait what

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

At this point, it's like 5th degree hearsay, but:

VoidBurger posted:

I thought it was something like he admitted to getting a female friend or acquaintance extremely drunk on purpose so he could gently caress her (which is rape)? I could be misremembering though.

So... yeah.

Edit: Found the original thread, but no mention of anything there.

CordlessPen fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 19, 2017

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I've always thrown around the idea of doing a Risk of Rain LP, but I guess the question is are you looking for a guide to unlock things or just a general approach to getting through the game?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

CordlessPen posted:

At this point, it's like 5th degree hearsay, but:

So... yeah.

Edit: Found the original thread, but no mention of anything there.
I think it happened on some other part of the forums. Anyway, if you can get over that, the LP was really good.

TheSoulian
Dec 5, 2016

What are some good LPs of really bad games? Like Blaghart's Major/Minor LP.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

TheSoulian posted:

Depending what you mean by "really bad", this might count:

https://lparchive.org/Avalon-Code/

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

TheSoulian posted:

https://lparchive.org/Legie/

This is a good one.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

TheSoulian posted:

Basically everything SelenicMartian does.
Especially Hellforces

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

TheSoulian posted:

If you're okay with equally bad production values I've always been fond of Jewmander's Ultima IX LP

It's not in the LP archive and I don't have forum archives to dig up the original thread, but its on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDkAQdwBlRrvT_5yQ13wP2uf_ejV2953S

BattleHamster fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 23, 2017

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Nearly everything the The Dark Id has lped has been either bad or at least batshit.

Camel Pimp fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 24, 2017

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Anyone got any LPs that I could have on in the background? Preferably with a group with good chemistry, though not Chip's or the sonic crew's. I've watched most of theirs already!

Genre of the game doesn't matter too much, I mostly just want some entertaining background noise.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Galick posted:

Anyone got any LPs that I could have on in the background? Preferably with a group with good chemistry, though not Chip's or the sonic crew's. I've watched most of theirs already!

Genre of the game doesn't matter too much, I mostly just want some entertaining background noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?MenDrinkinCoffee?playlists

My friend, have you heard the good word?

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

Galick posted:

I would say Maxwell Adams would fit your needs perfectly. A lot of the videos on their website were hosted on viddler, but they're all archived on the lp archives. https://www.freelanceastronauts.com/games.php

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Galick posted:

Is there an echo in here? No, it's just me recommending the Mercenaries 2 LP by helloitsdan and lithuanian dad again, a LP so good it got its own special framing in the archives. If you've already watched it, then try for their Lost Planet 2 LP too.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Link doesn't work!

Beelerzebub posted:

I would say Maxwell Adams would fit your needs perfectly. A lot of the videos on their website were hosted on viddler, but they're all archived on the lp archives. https://www.freelanceastronauts.com/games.php

Yeah, I've watched a ton of the Astronaut's stuff, though they've probably done more since I last watched.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Is there an echo in here? No, it's just me recommending the Mercenaries 2 LP by helloitsdan and lithuanian dad again, a LP so good it got its own special framing in the archives. If you've already watched it, then try for their Lost Planet 2 LP too.

And sadly, already watched both of those to death :v: Wish I could watch'm for the first time again, honestly!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Galick posted:

Retsuprae is pretty good for that.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Galick posted:

Yeah, I've watched a ton of the Astronaut's stuff, though they've probably done more since I last watched.

They haven't updated since 2013, so...probably not.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Galick posted:

Link doesn't work!

https://www.youtube.com/user/MenDrinkinCoffee/playlists

the forums were formatting it as a video instead of a link, should work now

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Galick posted:

This may not fit the thread, and maybe you already follow some, but have you considered streams?

Personally, I'd recommend TieTuesday, Smight and A_Raving_Loon (and more) for a group of friends that often play and guest together. (Loon is moving from Hitbox/Smashcast back to Twitch soon.) For a largely group focused channel I'd recommend Loading Ready Run. They have a large variety of content since they run the channel more like a TV station with different themed shows, like co-op games, tabletop games, awful Steam (and other) games, and a good number more. Even if you can't catch them live, watching VoDs, either on Twitch or their respective YouTube accounts*, works well as background content.

*TieTuesday, Smight, A Raving Loon, Loading Ready Run

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Onean posted:

This may not fit the thread, and maybe you already follow some, but have you considered streams?

Personally, I'd recommend TieTuesday, Smight and A_Raving_Loon (and more) for a group of friends that often play and guest together. (Loon is moving from Hitbox/Smashcast back to Twitch soon.) For a largely group focused channel I'd recommend Loading Ready Run. They have a large variety of content since they run the channel more like a TV station with different themed shows, like co-op games, tabletop games, awful Steam (and other) games, and a good number more. Even if you can't catch them live, watching VoDs, either on Twitch or their respective YouTube accounts*, works well as background content.

*TieTuesday, Smight, A Raving Loon, Loading Ready Run

I do watch quite a few, actually, but I have a really hectic work schedule and can't always watch when they're on :shobon: I want these for when no one I'm interested in is on, but thanks for the replies everyone! This should do me for a while.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
One thing you might not expect: there's a pretty long running Skyrim LP in podcast form, so kinda explicitly designed to just need to listen: https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/q8pdx-43a43/Let's+Play+Skyrim+an+audio+Let's+Play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BattleHamster posted:

If you're okay with equally bad production values I've always been fond of Jewmander's Ultima IX LP

It's not in the LP archive and I don't have forum archives to dig up the original thread, but its on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDkAQdwBlRrvT_5yQ13wP2uf_ejV2953S

This is also very good on every level.