Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The core conservative belief right now is "government is inherently bad and must be destroyed." That's it. That's the basis of it. Liberals want a government at all so they are wrong and bad and must be fought at every turn. They love government so whatever they want to do is obviously bad for freedom and we must always do the exact opposite.

That's at the political level. The on-the-ground view doesn't even seem to hold with that, and a lot of them seem to actually want a reliable social security net. It's "Whatever will hurt that smug college professor down the street who thinks he's better than me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

That's at the political level. The on-the-ground view doesn't even seem to hold with that, and a lot of them seem to actually want a reliable social security net. It's "Whatever will hurt that smug college professor down the street who thinks he's better than me."

Yeah conservatives I know IRL are not ancaps. They agree that the government should do some things, although they seem to think these things can be done well with almost no funding or personnel.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Conservative voters are generally single-issue voters. The GOP strategy for basically ever has been targeting them and their pet issues. You'll see things like that but people who have a raging boner for all of the gun rights pulling for the Republican politician despite everything else that comes along with it. Abortion is another common one. It doesn't matter what other horrors the GOP is bringing along, we're saving the babies!!!!

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Xibanya posted:

Yeah conservatives I know IRL are not ancaps. They agree that the government should do some things, although they seem to think these things can be done well with almost no funding or personnel.

I may sound like an rear end in a top hat saying this, but that seems to be a very common belief among uneducated conservatives. The deference to authority, coupled with not understanding how complex activities are carried out, leads to this idea that politicians, doctors, even librarians, can just snap their fingers and do whatever. So of COURSE the government can do whatever they want with no resources. They just make resources by being a government!

Hell, the other day I had an older conservative gent in the library furious because I wouldn't interpret laws for him. No matter what I did, I couldn't get him to understand that a reference librarian cannot give legal advice. He seemed to think that was my job. (No, I don't work in a law library.)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
It's the same song and dance with FREEDOM OF SPEECH being touted around as a magic spell. For starters, it's about the federal government squashing you like a bug if you dare to talk poo poo. Secondly, they seem to think there's a "freedom from consequences" clause in there, too.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hell, the other day I had an older conservative gent in the library furious because I wouldn't interpret laws for him. No matter what I did, I couldn't get him to understand that a reference librarian cannot give legal advice. He seemed to think that was my job. (No, I don't work in a law library.)

this may be the result of self-selection and negative feedback - someone who is open to the idea that they made a mistake versus raging that reality itself must be wrong is much less likely to be an extremist on either side

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Checking out Red State's take. Interestingly (but not unusual for them, since they are nothing but opinion columns) they have two very different opinions on Trump leaking Israel's secrets to Russia on their front page right now.

http://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2017/05/16/common-core-math-selective-outrage-ginning-scandal/

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/05/16/nations-begin-openly-question-whether-can-trust-u.s./

Should be noted that the first is by Jennifer Van Laar, who consistently has extremely awful opinions. (http://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/) The second is by Susan Wright, who has been critical of Trump for awhile now. (http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/)

I'm still going over Nattyreview's take; it's a longer column and I want to give it more thought than some Red State columns since in the grand scheme of things Red State doesn't have as much sway.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The Daily Stormer is in Spanish now.

What is it called?

El Daily Stormer. (ABC link to AP story.)

And a little schadenfreude:

quote:

Surpassing Stormfront as the top U.S. hate site hasn't been a financial boon for The Daily Stormer, which calls itself "100 percent reader-supported." Anglin complained in January that a Ukrainian advertising company had banned them, leaving an Australian electrician as the site's only advertiser.

I wonder what the company is. "Literally White Power"?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Conservative voters are generally single-issue voters. The GOP strategy for basically ever has been targeting them and their pet issues. You'll see things like that but people who have a raging boner for all of the gun rights pulling for the Republican politician despite everything else that comes along with it. Abortion is another common one. It doesn't matter what other horrors the GOP is bringing along, we're saving the babies!!!!

Yeah, I know several people that will always straight vote GOP because of abortion. Nothing else matters when in their eyes there's a genocide going on. Nevermind preventing unwanted pregnancies in the first place, it's all tunnel vision. They honestly believe they're helping women by restricting abortion, not harming them.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, I know several people that will always straight vote GOP because of abortion. Nothing else matters when in their eyes there's a genocide going on. Nevermind preventing unwanted pregnancies in the first place, it's all tunnel vision. They honestly believe they're helping women by restricting abortion, not harming them.

Yea, you see the same thing with single issue gun voters.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

I may sound like an rear end in a top hat saying this, but that seems to be a very common belief among uneducated conservatives. The deference to authority, coupled with not understanding how complex activities are carried out, leads to this idea that politicians, doctors, even librarians, can just snap their fingers and do whatever. So of COURSE the government can do whatever they want with no resources. They just make resources by being a government!

What I've generally encountered IRL is the belief that all funds going into government are being mismanaged, so we should cut off the gravy train. Granted there's a lot of waste and graft, a lot in the sense that it's much more money than an individual person could waste, but some waste seems inevitable in such an enormous nation - enormous both in physical size and population. There's this thinking that if there's less money to work with, agencies will "trim the fat" and just put enough to keep operating. My belief is that it doesn't really matter how much money is in the system, there will always be someone managing to enrich themselves or waste money, so reducing funds across the board does nothing to stop bad or careless actors (or perhaps makes the problem worse by sparing less for oversight.) Incidentally the greatest wastes of government funds that immediately spring to mind involve contractors and the military - and I don't say the military just in terms of "hey let's spend more on social programs and less on missiles" but more like, just reading GiP threads, there's lots of silly wastefulness going on on things like out of date computers, office supplies being ordered in extremely stupid ways, and other totally banal things.

A lot of conservatives I know IRL like the idea of public spending if you can make the case that it will provide returns down the road and that it can't be abused by someone who doesn't deserve it. I've gotten conservative friends on board with the idea of municipally owned fiber ISPs and the government negotiating the price of pharmaceuticals with pharma companies (as is done in various European nations) and with using public funds to eliminate lead paint in old buildings. I can't get conservative friends on board with food stamps because even though those have been proved time and time again to have a huge return on investment, they ask why some people get free food and they don't (sadly also don't like the idea of universal minimum income, even though "how come they get free food and I don't" is a valid line of inquiry) and point to examples of people who deserve it less than they would gaming the system. In the case of removal of lead paint vs food stamps, both are government initiatives that wouldn't directly benefit the conservatives I've discussed them with, but I'm guessing lead paint removal is more palatable because what would it mean to game the system in that case? Get more lead paint removed from your home?

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

I think people are making the incorrect assumption that these are positions that conservatives believe in for no reason, rather than them being rationalizations defending their identity. The years since WWII have been seen the most upheaval in social organization in human history. MLK and the civil rights movement in the US totally rewrote what was acceptable in society. While the erosion of the welfare state has slowly sapped the once dominant white male of his power and prosperity relative to others, if you look at how economic anxiety is expressed. most of it is still primarily articulated in terms of race anxiety. All of the rationalizations conservatives present are rationaliztion on top of the core, which is the impression that society has changed in a scary and incomprehensible way. This sort of identity protective cognition appears all over the place. Just recently, there's data showing US millennial men want more traditional gender roles than before, practically in lockstep with the erosion of male earning power in the lower and middle class. It's not in the slate piece, but another comparison showed this was not the case in Europe, because the core issue here is a sense of insecurity in masculinity in a society that is both radically redefining gender, and trying to desperately preserve it, depending on where you look.

For the most part, it's not something people can be reasoned out of with facts and numbers. It takes contact with groups they've internalized hatred for, and an honest appeal to their humanity and a listening of their concerns on a personal level. At least for the white working class, I don't think anything could possibly bring entitled shithead bankers or techies back from the brink.

E: This is separate from abortion, which was a culture thing weaponized to keep the originally apolitical evangelicals energized after they were brought onboard to fight segregation. For them, it's basically because they've been sold a narrative by their leaders that abortion is worse than the Holocaust.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 16, 2017

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Sedge and Bee posted:

I think people are making the incorrect assumption that these are positions that conservatives believe in for no reason, rather than them being rationalizations defending their identity. The years since WWII have been seen the most upheaval in social organization in human history. MLK and the civil rights movement in the US totally rewrote what was acceptable in society. While the erosion of the welfare state has slowly sapped the once dominant white male of his power and prosperity relative to others, if you look at how economic anxiety is expressed. most of it is still primarily articulated in terms of race anxiety. All of the rationalizations conservatives present are rationaliztion on top of the core, which is the impression that society has changed in a scary and incomprehensible way. This sort of identity protective cognition appears all over the place. Just recently, there's data showing US millennial men want more traditional gender roles than before, practically in lockstep with the erosion of male earning power in the lower and middle class. It's not in the slate piece, but another comparison showed this was not the case in Europe, because the core issue here is a sense of insecurity in masculinity in a society that is both radically redefining gender, and trying to desperately preserve it, depending on where you look.

For the most part, it's not something people can be reasoned out of with facts and numbers. It takes contact with groups they've internalized hatred for, and an honest appeal to their humanity and a listening of their concerns on a personal level. At least for the white working class, I don't think anything could possibly bring entitled shithead bankers or techies back from the brink.

True, but it's also not incompatible with the observation that they are also very reactionary.

Why do I read so much RWM? What do I get out of it? For me, it's seeking a way to communicate with them in a language they understand, and to understand what goes on in their minds on a conscious level. What you've said is valid, but for most conservatives it's all stuff below the surface. That's why I haven't been focusing on it so much. I think we're all on the same page about authoritarian followers being driven largely by anxiety. Altemeyer writes we all become more authoritarian (in the sense of wanting to follow authority) in times of anxiety and crisis. This isn't necessarily bad; it can manifest as seeking the advice of a counselor or psychiatrist, but it can be bad if it manifests as clinging to Alex Jones' every word.

Altemeyer should be required reading for this thread. The official hosting seems to be down; if anybody wants the pdf, send me a PM

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

:laugh: This is not how I'd be managing expectation for that speech, someone's in for some serious loving disappointment

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Oh yeah so on that Nattyreview article I mentioned, I was going to return to post on it because it was pretty lol (it was a lot of words to say the Trump leaking to Russia story was nothing, then with a small update at the bottom saying it was actually something, but not that big a deal) but it seems to have been pushed down on the front page.

It's been replaced by an even more hilarious article: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447682/trump-shared-classified-information-remember-obama-clinton

The gist of it is, yeah this is bad BUT HER EMAILS and counterfactuals of “if Hillary had leaked this Democrats would have loved it!” Then concludes with, I’m not saying this is good, but liberals are bad. Cool story, bro.

I was heartened to see the Natty Editorial Board did put out this column: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447677/jeff-sessions-sentencing-war-drugs-congress-should-change-law

it states the obvious: the war on drugs itself is a terrible answer to the problems caused by drugs. Since Natty is the flagship of intellectual conservatives, seeing them take an unambiguous stance against Sessions’ change in policy on sentencing is heartening, even if they have been and probably will be pro-Sessions in general. The article still takes a conservative tack but it’s actually conservative rather than being spitefully reactionary.

(I'm phone posting, hence the lack of excerpts)

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I'm completely convinced there is a large undercurrent of the baby boomers getting older, realizing they aren't immortal, and also seeing that another generation has different ideas. They world has passed them by and that's terrifying. Or maybe that's just the conservatives I know personally.

Basically the Principal Skinner gif "NO IT'S THE CHILDREN WHO ARE WRONG."

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kekekela posted:

:laugh: This is not how I'd be managing expectation for that speech, someone's in for some serious loving disappointment

Hahahahahahah holy poo poo I cannot loving wait for this, I hope he commits blasphemy in the middle of Saudi Arabia during a speech.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

WampaLord posted:

Which is insane, because it got 6 seasons. That's a show naturally dying, not being cancelled before it's time.

Plus wasn't it canceled because in spite of having good ratings for the time slot it cost more than they wanted to spend?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Feinne posted:

Plus wasn't it canceled because in spite of having good ratings for the time slot it cost more than they wanted to spend?

the ratings were overblown, it had good aggregate ratings but it was mostly angry people aged 50+. it had crap ratings in the 18-49 demo which is what tv execs really care about. ABC isn't fox news, they don't need an aging demo out for political validation. that + the show is in syndication now + high production costs due to relatively high cost talent (i'd imagine tim allen was getting as much as he could since this is likely the twilight of his career) meant that it was time to cancel

now tim allen is going to whine about hollywood liberals rather than face reality and admit he's a faded star with no remaining appeal. it's interesting how stars with ascending careers never have to complain about politically correct hollyweird to get a camera pointed at them

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Days like today are why I started listening to Master Shake in the first place. :discourse:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Xibanya posted:

Oh yeah so on that Nattyreview article I mentioned, I was going to return to post on it because it was pretty lol (it was a lot of words to say the Trump leaking to Russia story was nothing, then with a small update at the bottom saying it was actually something, but not that big a deal) but it seems to have been pushed down on the front page.

It's been replaced by an even more hilarious article: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447682/trump-shared-classified-information-remember-obama-clinton

The gist of it is, yeah this is bad BUT HER EMAILS and counterfactuals of “if Hillary had leaked this Democrats would have loved it!” Then concludes with, I’m not saying this is good, but liberals are bad. Cool story, bro.

I was heartened to see the Natty Editorial Board did put out this column: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/447677/jeff-sessions-sentencing-war-drugs-congress-should-change-law

it states the obvious: the war on drugs itself is a terrible answer to the problems caused by drugs. Since Natty is the flagship of intellectual conservatives, seeing them take an unambiguous stance against Sessions’ change in policy on sentencing is heartening, even if they have been and probably will be pro-Sessions in general. The article still takes a conservative tack but it’s actually conservative rather than being spitefully reactionary.

(I'm phone posting, hence the lack of excerpts)

National Review has been anti-war-on-drugs / pro-MJ-legalization for decades, it's one of their "No we're *libertarians*" positions

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

FBS posted:

Days like today are why I started listening to Master Shake in the first place. :discourse:

omg I haven't checked on him yet. Did he have a stroke on air? Please tell me he had a stroke on air.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Xibanya posted:

omg I haven't checked on him yet. Did he have a stroke on air? Please tell me he had a stroke on air.

How could you tell?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

GreyjoyBastard posted:

How could you tell?

It's easy, he might stop screeching for once.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

GreyjoyBastard posted:

How could you tell?

He sounds like Meatwad instead?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Spite posted:

I'm completely convinced there is a large undercurrent of the baby boomers getting older, realizing they aren't immortal, and also seeing that another generation has different ideas. They world has passed them by and that's terrifying. Or maybe that's just the conservatives I know personally.

I think it's a huge under current I've noticed in the right wing gen xers I know. They're upset that everything they've known is changing and that think that it's wrong that the social mores of the 80s aren't acceptable anymore. An example I've had is that things were fine back than because you had an extreme stereotype of a Trans person/cross dresser was in the movie. (Movie was The Last Dragon, if anyone is curious) it's the single consistent feature of conservatism, things are different and they hate and fear that

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Spite posted:

To be fair, the Dems are doing their best Principal Skinner impersonation, too. "Single payer? No. They clearly want earned income tax credits."

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Mark Levin is trying so hard.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

Hold on, they were actually going after that kid that Pence smacked?

Heartfelt apology has been issued :jerkbag:

Tammy Bruce posted:

First of all, I am so sorry to the family. My intention was never to hurt a kid and his mom. We had absolutely no idea that Michael was on the autism spectrum. And as a gay woman and feminist, I have spent most of my adult life working to improve the lives of women and children and those who are disenfranchised. I get it and I apologize. I also appreciated the boy’s mother — Dr. Herrera-Yee’s — public comments, and her clarity on this. A main lesson here, no matter intent, is to leave kids out of our political discussions. We certainly agree on this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"ai had no intention of attacking a kid when I attacked a kid."

Either that or "He was austic? My bad. I thought I was just attacking a normal kid."

You know. Good defenses.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Master Shake posted:

On Tuesday’s Mark Levin show, There is a concerted effort by the media and the Democrat Party to take out President Donald Trump. The latest in the New York Times is that a memo written by James Comey in February claims that Trump asked him to end the investigation into Mike Flynn. This is a self-serving contemporaneous memo. According to the memo, the President told Comey that he hoped Comey could let this go. Comey is a leaker and person who destroyed the FBI. He doesn’t like the way he was fired and the fact he was fired, so is striking back. If this is obstruction, why would Comey wait 2 and a half months later to show this memo? Only after Trump fired him does this become a major issue. Comey is really a modern day J. Edgar Hoover. This is just another phony scandal with the disgusting and deceitful left wing media. Congress should ask Comey where his memos are and how many he has and should be directed to preserve those memos. In addition, we have Democrat media outlets like the New York Times receiving classified information via leaks. The leakers are committing felonies. The irony is that the leakers are undermining the President and Israel yet nothing is done about them. What is being done to Trump in this presidency is unprecedented and worse than what they did to Ronald Reagan. Later, Trump said repeatedly that he would move the embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, now he won’t even recognize that the Western Wall belongs to Israel. Why is it that we recognize 219 countries and yet with our closest ally we refuse to put our embassy in their capital? We have to get permission from Hamas, Mahmoud Abbas and others to acknowledge our closest ally who shares intelligence with us.

I like how for two days in a row Levin has complained about the embassy thing while also defending Trump from all other criticism. I wonder if he's priming his audience for when he decides to stop publicly supporting Trump but over this embassy thing rather than admitting on air that Levin has been dead wrong about everything since January.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Kekekela posted:

Heartfelt apology has been issued :jerkbag:

I didn't know who Tammy Bruce was before this, but reading her wikipedia page you can tell there is an exact single crystallizing moment that cemented her as a total rear end in a top hat. See if you can pick it out:

quote:

Bruce collaborated with Los Angeles professional women to create one of the first ad hoc independent pro-choice activist groups. The group's early feminist activism began in 1987. This group confronted anti-abortion group protesters, and helped develop a strategy to stop "Operation Rescue" from successfully blocking the entrance to abortion clinics. During the years 1987–1990 she also participated in the Los Angeles chapter of the AIDS activist group AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power (ACT-UP).

For seven years, Bruce served as president of the Los Angeles chapter of the National Organization for Women (NOW) (1990–1996). Bruce served two years on NOW's board of directors, but later criticized the organization in one of her books. During the early 1990s, she spearheaded the campaign to publicly criticize the sexualized violence in the novel American Psycho, and led an effort to boycott all titles by the book's publisher, Knopf, for a year.

In 1996, the NOW Executive Board voted nearly unanimously to censure Bruce for what it claimed were "racially insensitive comments" during the O.J. Simpson murder trial. In May 1996, Bruce resigned as president of Los Angeles NOW. Bruce claimed that the censure was due to her focus on domestic violence, as opposed to defense attorney Johnnie Cochran's "racial issues" trial argument. Since then, Bruce has written about the dispute in her critique on what she sees as the failings of NOW, and the political left in general. She has said that the feminist establishment in the U.S. has abandoned authentic feminism. Instead, she advocates a "Feminism [...] that honors all responsible choices, including becoming a wife and mother."

In 2014, Bruce created a short video for the educational website Prager University in which she summarizes her criticisms of the contemporary feminist movement. The video is titled Feminism 2.0

In 2004, Bruce argued that gay Americans were not uniformly supportive of same-sex marriage, and that marriage should be restricted to heterosexual couples. She described civil unions as an alternative providing equal rights.

Bruce hosted a national radio program on Talk Radio Network through much of the 2000s. She returned to TRN in 2012 as a guest host following the cancellation of The Laura Ingraham Show.

If you guessed "tried to play down/completely ignore the racial element of the OJ trial to the point where she was actively being called racist and proceeded to sell out her gender and join the conservative movement", you win! (for real though, going from pro-choice advocate/ACT-UP participant/NOW board member to "well maybe us gay people don't really need full civil rights" is quite the jump)

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

I didn't know who Tammy Bruce was before this, but reading her wikipedia page you can tell there is an exact single crystallizing moment that cemented her as a total rear end in a top hat. See if you can pick it out:

If you guessed "tried to play down/completely ignore the racial element of the OJ trial to the point where she was actively being called racist and proceeded to sell out her gender and join the conservative movement", you win! (for real though, going from pro-choice advocate/ACT-UP participant/NOW board member to "well maybe us gay people don't really need full civil rights" is quite the jump)

Haha I'd actually forgotten where I'd first heard that name until you posted that, it was her campaign against American Psycho. I was in college and a huge Brett Easton Ellis fan at the time.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Leofish posted:

The Daily Stormer is in Spanish now.

What is it called?

El Daily Stormer. (ABC link to AP story.)

And a little schadenfreude:

I wonder what the company is. "Literally White Power"?

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...228-gunj2l.html

quote:

Queensland tradie has emerged as the sole corporate sponsor of one of the world's most popular neo-Nazi websites, drawing condemnation from a Jewish civil rights organisation.

Simon John Hickey, a Brisbane electrician and airconditioner installer whose business logo appears to feature Pepe the Frog, a meme that has become popular with the alt-right, wearing an SS uniform and standing in front of Auschwitz, wouldn't answer questions posed by Fairfax Media.

https://smerffelectrical.com/

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 13:01 on May 17, 2017

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/864637860166725632

ZDar Fan fucked around with this message at 13:29 on May 17, 2017

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So has RWM begun finding their talking points on the latest yet?

"Comey should have resigned immediately!" Something like that?

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Zwabu posted:

They're throwing out a lot of angles but none have stuck because they still draw the conversation back to Trump's obstruction. FNC and other RWM over the last 24 hours have followed the White House's lead on saying exactly nothing and talking about literally anything else.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Zwabu posted:

See Master Shake above, also this thinger: https://xibanya.github.io/frontpages for a menu of poo poo talking points.

I am assigned seating with my manager next to me and my micromanager behind me so I'm phone posting and can't make the big images myself without getting in trouble :saddowns: I'm a dev. I deserve better treatment. (We all deserve better treatment.) This is the future conservatives want. :shepicide:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

GET BACK TO WORK for your glorious corporate overlords. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

A co-worker (luckily a remote) referred to Levin as a "constitutional scholar". I think I remember him doing something for some republican president but that's certainly not an accurate description, right?