Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I've been reading peoples thoughts on ARMS on the internet, and have to agree that if they take the recently developed adjustable limbs tech from the Guardian amiibo and incorporate it into ARMS amiibo, i'd probably want to buy them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rexroom posted:

Teaser for the upcoming ARMS Direct. Looks like there's going to be a new character reveal.

Is it Bayonetta?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is it Bayonetta?

I was wondering the same thing. It could be with the hair magic thing, but I doubt it is.

Or is that the demonic writing the games used on those billboards?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Does Nintendo outright own Bayonetta?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Wheany posted:

I was wondering the same thing. It could be with the hair magic thing, but I doubt it is.

Or is that the demonic writing the games used on those billboards?

No, that's just some gibberish font conceived for the game. Judging from those film set equipment, hair magic might not be on the list. Unless they're shooting for a shampoo commercial.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Infinitum posted:

Does Nintendo outright own Bayonetta?

Only the second game

E: actually maybe not, I guess Sega owns the IP but Nintendo pumped enough money into the second one for them to own everything else about it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is it Bayonetta?

I will loving preorder if it's Bayonetta.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I tried the Disgaea demo and I think it set a record for how fast I realized a game was Not For Me.

BTW my son was running around the house last night with a pot lid and a foam sword. :3:

Imagined fucked around with this message at 11:36 on May 17, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Platinum owns the Bayonetta IP. Nintendo just holds the publishing rights for the second game.

The cameras, ads, and LA-esque setting all point toward a chic Hollywood starlet, not an angel-hunting gun-witch. Also she's wearing pants, not a latex buttsuit.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I'm pretty sure it's one of the other 3 leaked characters.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah yeah fine whatever the real question is when's Little Mac?

Nov 24, 2014

From that teaser I'm guessing "film" arms. A model (high heels in the billboards) or director/photographer maybe?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Policenaut posted:

Cyborg Little Mac, or just Little Mac and his gimmick is that he's not stretchy :v:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Imagined posted:

I tried the Disgaea demo and I think it set a record for how fast I realized a game was Not For Me.

Was it the awful script or the even worse voice acting?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

deadly_pudding posted:

Cyborg Little Mac, or just Little Mac and his gimmick is that he's not stretchy :v:

It's regular Little Mac, but he's got those comedy extending boxing gloves.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Crawfish posted:

Are you using a map?

If not i'd probably put this plan on hold until the season pass stuff drops.

I used a map after gathering like 300+ seeds manually.

Even if gathering them is essentially "not fun", it's not as if I'm actually miserable and suffering. it's a good time killer as I don't have other switch games and it allows me to see things I may have missed.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Crawfish posted:

I'm pretty sure it's one of the other 3 leaked characters.

Leaks? :nyoron:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I'm actually convinced my attempt to 100% BotW is bugged at 899. The last seed I need requires an apple tree that was struck by lightning to regrow one specific fruit for symmetry. It will not regrow this apple, no matter how much other time I spend running around the world, how many blood moons I trigger, etc.

I think I'm almost happier this way.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Wendell posted:

Was it the awful script or the even worse voice acting?

You don't play Disgaea for the story, as for Co!bat voices switching to Japanese is very bearable not knowing what they are saying makes it better. If you do not enjoy grinding it is not for you.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Maybe we will get ARMS amiibo today

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Vegastar posted:

I'm actually convinced my attempt to 100% BotW is bugged at 899. The last seed I need requires an apple tree that was struck by lightning to regrow one specific fruit for symmetry. It will not regrow this apple, no matter how much other time I spend running around the world, how many blood moons I trigger, etc.

I think I'm almost happier this way.

I need one last shrine and no matter what I do I can't get a loving blood moon to trigger.

Any hints? I'm going mad here...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

a.lo posted:

Maybe we will get ARMS amiibo today

I hope ARMS amiibo come with slinky arms

And the slinkys get ruined

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kill stuff. It the world has nothing to reset it won't do a blood moon.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Kill stuff. It the world has nothing to reset it won't do a blood moon.

That's what I thought but early in my play I got two in consecutive nights when I hadn't done anything, and for the last month of gametime I've been cutting a bloody swathe through the world to no avail.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Back in the last direct, they showed the character setup screen for a few seconds, at the very bottom in the background was a small, darkened banner with characters on it. Four of those characters weren't/aren't exactly revealed yet.

Helix was one of them, and taking another look at the footage, it's pretty easy to guess who's likely getting revealed tomorrow.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

There used to be a loud as poo poo and jarring MIPHA'S GRACE IS NOW READY when the power recharged, now there isn't. Did I do something to turn off the voices, or did they patch it out because it's obnoxious as hell? It's pretty nice to not have voices yelling at you out of nowhere, but I don't know where they went and it's been bugging me.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Talk to the blood moon dude at the stable south of the dueling peaks. He talks about moon phases and poo poo.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sometimes it just bugs out, I got about three Blood Moons in three minutes time once.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In a hilarious game grumps moment the other day there was a tower they wanted to go to but they couldn't swim all the way across the lake, and Ross was saying "How am I gonna get up there?"

Revali: Revali's Gale is now ready!

Ross: Shut the gently caress up Revali! I didn't ask your opinion! (gives up and teleports somewhere else)

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dizz posted:

I used a map after gathering like 300+ seeds manually.

Even if gathering them is essentially "not fun", it's not as if I'm actually miserable and suffering. it's a good time killer as I don't have other switch games and it allows me to see things I may have missed.
I did all 900 in the first week and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but the Korok mask is going to make things easier for you. All of the seeds in the castle and one specifically up on the Hebra mountains would have been a whole lot more tolerable with something like that mask was.

At the very least, collecting all the seeds was a whole lot less tedious than max ranking every piece of gear. Amiibo gear upgrade costs are ridiculous.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I just put my Switch in the dock for the first time it was pretty cool

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dugong posted:

I just put my Switch in the dock for the first time it was pretty cool

:hf:

My switch started out in the dock, but I've been playing a lot of undocked Mario Kart lately.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Crawfish posted:

I did all 900 in the first week and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but the Korok mask is going to make things easier for you. All of the seeds in the castle and one specifically up on the Hebra mountains would have been a whole lot more tolerable with something like that mask was.

At the very least, collecting all the seeds was a whole lot less tedious than max ranking every piece of gear. Amiibo gear upgrade costs are ridiculous.

I actually did all the castle seeds already, Most of the seeds left are in the south/southeast, maybe some sprinkled around the outside of the desert as well.

The map I'm currently uses is pretty detailed about where the seeds are, what kind of puzzle it is, and also shows the areas where the korok leaf is for those seeds. Doesn't show where the flower trails begin though but does give information to the direction of where it is.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Question for people who own Disgaea 5 from the Japanese eShop

Can you set the audio to Japanese and the text to English in the full version? Because holy gently caress the English voice acting is atrocious.
I know the option is blanked out in the demo, so just want to confirm it works the way I think it does in the full version

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

deadly_pudding posted:

:hf:

My switch started out in the dock, but I've been playing a lot of undocked Mario Kart lately.

It's all a bit uncanny valley. Probably doesn't help that the tv is old and bad but everything in Zelda looks so weird making the jump from a small detailed screen

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

only two trophies need 3 stars on 200cc now and i am buzzing from the adrenaline

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Policenaut posted:

deadly_pudding posted:

Policenaut posted:

Nah if they put Little Mac in the game he needs to be piloting a Teleroboxer.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Policenaut posted:

Or the Nintendo ultra hand.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
does this thing have achievements yet??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is it Bayonetta?

Probably not since Bayo's heels are guns.
Also Sega owns the IP.

Edit: I'm not imagining an Arms-ified Bayonetta with boxing glove heels and it is wonderful.

• Locked thread