Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
One of the times I've seen my dad the most pissed off coming home from work was when he had found out that the only woman to ever work at the site had been harassed so severely that she quit after like 3 months of being there. She's working as an electrician now though so luckily she didn't get scared away from "masculine" jobs and is probably earning a lot more than those poo poo heads (and my non shithead father). :unsmith:

The other time was when he was working in another town and decided to room with his Polish coworkers because it was cheaper, he liked them and he got to practice his german and maybe even pick up a little polish. Everyday they were eating lovely microwave food. My dad would make himself an ol' fashioned Dannish rye and enjoy an avocado after it. One day they all decided that they wanted to taste one so he gave them each half of an avocado to enjoy. Every single one of them spit it out and shook their heads at my dad for eating such garbage. "They just wasted those avocados Sarcopenia. I ripened those avocados and I didn't have time to ripen new ones. Do you know how expensive ripe avocados are?"

""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

nerdz posted:

Sega announced today that the new sonic game will allow you to create your own characters, thus making all original hedgehog creations (do not steal) Canon.

looking forward to tons of this:

The "nothin personnel" reference is what pushes this from "just about believable" to "finely crafted parody", almost a shame.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

tyblazitar posted:

The "nothin personnel" reference is what pushes this from "just about believable" to "finely crafted parody", almost a shame.

I think this image is where "nothin personnel" comes from.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The Merkinman posted:

I'm in technology and we just interviewed a female developer.
While I wasn't the one to hear it, she did say "where are all the women?"

Tell her you interview lots of women who all make the same remark and they never want to be the only woman so they never accept the job and so no women ever work there

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Pakled posted:

I think this image is where "nothin personnel" comes from.

Oh poo poo, you're probably right, I'm stupid. For some reason I thought that was from that one Sonic fanfic dramatic reading on Youtube.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Well poo poo, I did wonder why I bi polar.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BioEnchanted posted:

I like the dumb runes/whatever carved into his right leg. So stupid.

I've never noticed those. It says JINCO. This thing has layers.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Well poo poo, I did wonder why I bi polar.

Its like the "your really sleeping with everyone that person slept with" with thetans.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

*walks up to sex worker*

"Do you want demons?"

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Well my nazi neighbor is back at it again. He seemed to go quiet this past week but now he's posting about how "Blacks who study history appreciate the confederate flag because it represents the war of northern aggression and blacks fought for the confederacy too and all the people who say that the war was about slavery are just part of the liberal fake media" barf. Go gently caress yourself dude.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Croatoan posted:

Well my nazi neighbor is back at it again. He seemed to go quiet this past week but now he's posting about how "Blacks who study history appreciate the confederate flag because it represents the war of northern aggression and blacks fought for the confederacy too and all the people who say that the war was about slavery are just part of the liberal fake media" barf. Go gently caress yourself dude.

Ask why you never really see black people waving Confederate flags and talking about the south rising again.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Ularg posted:

My aunt had to go through decades of harassment just for daring to be a firefighter. These manchildren act like these jobs are just some boys club to get away from women and NO GURLZ ALLOWED.

See also:
The Military in general
Train Engineers
Airline Pilots

There's also this association of some jobs having prestige being male dominated. Jobs that gradually had more women in them often had men leave, because apparently it's not as 'manly' if women are just as capable of performing the job as men.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

chitoryu12 posted:

Ask why you never really see black people waving Confederate flags and talking about the south rising again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ilVcIRg1f0&t=10s

If he doesn't have an example at hand show him this. I bet he'll appreciate it.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Panfilo posted:

See also:
The Military in general
Train Engineers
Airline Pilots

There's also this association of some jobs having prestige being male dominated. Jobs that gradually had more women in them often had men leave, because apparently it's not as 'manly' if women are just as capable of performing the job as men.

I'm a pilot who worked at a center that trains jet pilots while I tried to find a cushy corporate jet job. One of my coworkers was a very smart, pretty girl who had more aviation skill than anyone we worked with. She was also scouting out for flying gigs, so we became good friends. More than three times I've overheard people say they'd never hire her because:

-I just don't hire women, it's not because she's a bad pilot.
-My wife would kill me if she saw who I was flying with.

I got hired into a better job than her with less experience. Some pilots need to age out and get hosed already.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

chitoryu12 posted:

He'd just say something about the media lying to them and warping their views of history. The best response to "states' rights!" people is to just link all the states' articles of secession that said it was because of slavery in the first couple lines.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
gently caress I don't engage this dude anymore after he went full on nazi. Right after the "BLACKS LOVE SLAVERY" thing he was on a rant about how any taxation is theft and that global warming is a big con to get money into the government as some sort of way to drain small businesses? He's a hardline Tea Party asshat. Right after that he posted some "joke" article about how the FBI says all Trump voters are Russian agents. He really does hit all the piece of poo poo checkboxes sometimes.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
One of my best friends worked at EA DICE as a QA tester. While she wasn't actively harassed or put upon by management, she had to take a lot of poo poo from a lot of co-workers. Didn't help that she's not the one to quietly accept wrongdoings at the workplace, which made her the good Ol' "office bitch" stereotype. Also, a pretty girl getting a "manly" job? Wonder how! They thought while jerking off to Sonic slash fiction.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Croatoan posted:

"People who know nothing about the Civil War know it was about slavery.

People who know a little about the Civil War know it was about states' rights.

People who know a lot about the Civil War know it was about slavery."

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
But if you're in a position to order a pizza, wouldn't you also be in a position to talk frankly? :psyduck:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Yawgmoth posted:

But if you're in a position to order a pizza, wouldn't you also be in a position to talk frankly? :psyduck:

Pretty sure that's a really old story that someone was being held hostage or was with an abusive partner and they called 911 to order a pizza. When the operator told them it was 911 they kept ordering and police dispatched etc.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Yawgmoth posted:

I think this is something that actually happened, but probably isn't standard protocol. IIRC, it was a domestic abuse situation over lack of prepared dinner, so under threat of beating of some sort, "ordered pizza", and answered the dispatcher's yes-or-no questions. Plus, giving your address for delivery isn't out of place, so it could arguable be an inconspicuous way to do it. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility, but I doubt it's part of any sort of dispatch training.

efb: I gotta stop leaving windows open so long.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Today's post is entitled "BUT TRUMP LITERALLY ADMITTED THAT HE DID IT WITH HIS OWN DUMB MOUTH!" All posts are public.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

BigglesSWE posted:

One of my best friends worked at EA DICE as a QA tester. While she wasn't actively harassed or put upon by management, she had to take a lot of poo poo from a lot of co-workers. Didn't help that she's not the one to quietly accept wrongdoings at the workplace, which made her the good Ol' "office bitch" stereotype. Also, a pretty girl getting a "manly" job? Wonder how! They thought while jerking off to Sonic slash fiction.

Game QA is a manly job?

We've made a mistake, we have to go back.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

SpacePig posted:

I think this is something that actually happened, but probably isn't standard protocol. IIRC, it was a domestic abuse situation over lack of prepared dinner, so under threat of beating of some sort, "ordered pizza", and answered the dispatcher's yes-or-no questions. Plus, giving your address for delivery isn't out of place, so it could arguable be an inconspicuous way to do it. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility, but I doubt it's part of any sort of dispatch training.

efb: I gotta stop leaving windows open so long.

Thanks for explaining. I was thinking "who the poo poo is going to order pizza at gunpoint?" but this makes a lot more sense now and I feel dumb for not considering this scenario.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
It still really only makes sense if you're "ordering pizza" at a time when it actually makes sense to be ordering pizza. If your partner starts threatening you over breakfast at 9am, welp.

I know it's a reference to something that actually happened, but it seems so specific that it almost feels dangerous to be passing around as a catch-all "Stay safe with this trick!"

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

Today's post is entitled "BUT TRUMP LITERALLY ADMITTED THAT HE DID IT WITH HIS OWN DUMB MOUTH!" All posts are public.

Putin wanted to undermine confidence in the government by making obviously suspicious denials about the connections between Trump and Russia, but fortunately for America Trump supporters are stupid enough to take him at face value :patriot:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Ularg posted:

Game QA is a manly job?

Game_anything_ is a manly job, is what I gather from the basement-dwellers.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ularg posted:

Game QA is a manly job?

It isn't "manly", it's "for men." I know a video game programmer whose career is a constant minefield of loving horrible sexist bosses and coworkers. And that's not counting the time she had the audacity to retweet a link to an article written by a coworker and had to just dump that twitter account because of the abuse.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I totally understand that for any other job than QA. From the stories I hear either a QA member is undervalued or has a horrible case of Dunning-Kruger effect.

Maybe I'm just over thinking it. Anything video game related has these people trying to make it a boyz club.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I will say that she was pretty much stuck as a QA in paper, even though she had done quite a bit of work in art-related stuff on some games. But the way she told it, I got the impression that that was the general fate of QA-splergs, and maybe not related to her sex. Not gonna put words in her mouth more than I have. I'll see if she'd be willing to share some specifics.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

There was definitely a case where someone ordered a pizza online with the special instructions of "call 911" and the police arrived to find a domestic dispute

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Yawgmoth posted:

oh god I just noticed he has hair piercings

how does that even work

Hedgehog's quills are made from keratin like a person's fingernails so they could, theoretically, be pierced without causing any long-term damage or pain.

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Why does Sargon have a black flag and a communism? Aren't those supposed to be bad

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Sargon is just trying to claw away from his own obscurity. He just wants attention now, be best to just ignore him.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

This is just the latest example of him trying to prove he's actually left wing. His cover picture is the red and black ancom flag.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

He'd just say something about the media lying to them and warping their views of history. The best response to "states' rights!" people is to just link all the states' articles of secession that said it was because of slavery in the first couple lines.

Cornerstone Speech, every time. It's the VP of the CSA stating that slavery of the negro man is a cornerstone of their constitution.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Boywhiz88 posted:

Cornerstone Speech, every time. It's the VP of the CSA stating that slavery of the negro man is a cornerstone of their constitution.

Just go beyond that and point out Article I, Section 9, Subsection 4 of the CSA Constitution was:
"No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
I would like to thank the USA for being as nuts as it is. Watching you destroy yourselves fuels me.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/785290517835841536