Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

try the new taco place posted:

Season Finale Paige kills Pastor Tim to prove herself to her parents and Henry + two friends walk in on her clumsily moving the body

Paige keeps doing things she thinks she "should", and it's escalating. Snooping to diary reading to diary pix. So yeah. Tim will turn down the job, and shell set him up, fake some evidence, or kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
send pastor tim to live with martha and sweet dee for inevitable FXX spin off

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Phillip remembering his dad?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Tuan should be porking up with the frequency they eat McDonald's for dinner.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Hahaha. Henry is in love with the mail robot!

Aaaand he is unintentionally a spy now.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 03:17 on May 17, 2017

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Oh, wow, you know all this stuff about the FBI now, huh?"

E- "I have to think of you as though you might be a spy."

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
This is only going to get worse from here :stonk:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

DarklyDreaming posted:

This is only going to get worse from here :stonk:

Liz just wants to take her anger and stress out on someone. The lady could have DNA evidence proving she's not her, she's still going to die slow.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They should abduct this potential Nazi lady and check her backstory

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh wow, we've transitioned from "feed her all her pills" to "forced confession to husband of hidden atrocities".

e- And then "tense execution" happens anyway.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 17, 2017

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh god.

oh god.

That made me sick.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I hate when people put like a color filter over the camera lens, like in the movie Traffic where wow Mexico is yellow, that was extremely hacky and here it's more subtle but they seem to put a dark tint or blue over all the USSR scenes.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ah, yes, FX and its "Just one episode left until the season finale" bullshit. Can't wait for my dad to text tomorrow asking if there are one or two episodes left this season.

I don't normally watch the preview but Claudia's reaction to "We'd like to go home now" is going to be good.

Zero One posted:

Oh god.

oh god.

That made me sick.

Not quite "please take all your medication so it looks like a suicide", but still pretty drat bad.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Could they even defect now? Henry's ambitions would be destroyed!

They should tell the center they're HIV positive and will be retiring early.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Oleg: Food supply chain investigator is pretty good. Uncovering some hard truths :ussr:

Zero One posted:

Hahaha. Henry is in love with the mail robot!

Those sexy curves are seducing poor Henry.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Oh wow, we've transitioned from "feed her all her pills" to "forced confession to husband of hidden atrocities".

e- And then "tense execution" happens anyway.

That whole scene was great. Elizabeth is intense as hell :stare:

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

"[it's] More trouble than it's worth"

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Stellar Curiosity posted:

"[it's] More trouble than it's worth"

It's kind of sad how much transphobia there was in the past. I can't believe they had to gender a robot.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Oleg: Food supply chain investigator is pretty good. Uncovering some hard truths :ussr:

Oleg's character is really cool for some reason and I would watch a show centering on his career as a food service enforcer.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
I still have no idea what's happening in the Oleg storyline.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Kontradaz posted:

Oleg is learning just how hosed the Soviet Union really is.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

howe_sam posted:

Oleg is learning just how hosed the Soviet Union really is.

But are we seeing how that style of system turns a moderate into a believer or is he still the outsider looking in?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Kontradaz posted:

maniacripper posted:

But are we seeing how that style of system turns a moderate into a believer or is he still the outsider looking in?

It's there to show what it is that P&E are fighting for. And to demonstrate the absurd weirdness that was the USSR in the 80s.

Look at Oleg. He's intelligent, educated, and was chosen for the prestigious honor of working in the very heart of the Main Enemy. His father is a minister, which makes him part of the Nomenklatura, and they've been really subtle about pointing out what that really means, like the offhand comment about getting his boss into a 'special' store. Yes, in the worker's paradise, your subordinate might get to shop at a fancy store because of who his father is, while you and he track down why your country, which has more good farmland than America has total size, is starving, while at the same time you can't actually answer this question, or that very same country will consign you to a mental ward for anti-state and counter-revolutionary thought. And the guy that signs the order knows that you're perfectly correct.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I was expecting Oleg to find his father's name in the ledger, but I think that's coming later. His father already basically admitted to him that he used his authority to get his mother out of prison, using it to get better food would be a trivial sidestep to him.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think a minister of his level would really need to jump through hoops to get better food for the family. He was already simply more equal than others.

Philip had very "sad man in a suit lovely wig" look about him this time and I can hardly blame him. What a lovely job they got. Henry at the FBI though, was simply amazing, as was the P&E's reaction :laffo:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

I don't think a minister of his level would really need to jump through hoops to get better food for the family. He was already simply more equal than others.

Philip had very "sad man in a suit lovely wig" look about him this time and I can hardly blame him. What a lovely job they got. Henry at the FBI though, was simply amazing, as was the P&E's reaction :laffo:

"Can you give Stan this completely innocent-looking pen?"

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
who thinks stan is going to bang the new soviet source

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i think stan is going to bang the new soviet source

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Holy poo poo that assassination. That lady was forced into a lovely situation and it seems like Phillip understood what she went through and didn't want to kill her for surviving.

Fake edit: I will take one for the team and bang the new soviet source.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CBJSprague24 posted:

Not quite "please take all your medication so it looks like a suicide", but still pretty drat bad.

I did a rewatch before this season started and I had to skip through those scenes, once was enough for me :(

And yeah, Jesus Elizabeth, that was some cold poo poo, especially shooting the husband first.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm really surprised how sympathetic this season has made Oleg's dad. Judging by past seasons I was expecting him to be twirling his mustache by this point, not coming off as kind of cool by sticking with his wife when most Russian men didn't.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

I did a rewatch before this season started and I had to skip through those scenes, once was enough for me :(

And yeah, Jesus Elizabeth, that was some cold poo poo, especially shooting the husband first.

I really think this might've been the episode where Philip might realize that to end this and save Paige and Henry that he might have to kill his 'true believer' wife, especially since by her saying she wants to go back to Russia, that's pretty much a de-facto "no" to Henry going to private school, since it'd complicate an extraction.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I think I'm going to be pretty mad if this comes down to that kind of Philip vs Elizabeth.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I just started the series so no spoilers I just have a simple question. Do the kids ever mention/wonder why they don't have any grandparents, uncles, aunts, or cousins?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just started the series so no spoilers I just have a simple question. Do the kids ever mention/wonder why they don't have any grandparents, uncles, aunts, or cousins?

Yup. It's addressed.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Good because that's been bugging me.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GobiasIndustries posted:

That's the Elizabeth we know and love :ussr:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Good because that's been bugging me.

You've got a while to wait, since I think it was Season 2 when one of them (not going to say which but it should be obvious) starts getting curious, and not until Season 3 when they finally do something about it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

GobiasIndustries posted:

Do you think Elizabeth wanted to spare him his wife's execution? Or make Anna watch her husband's?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Accretionist posted:

Do you think Elizabeth wanted to spare him his wife's execution? Or make Anna watch her husband's?

The latter, or she'd have shot them both in quick succession. She wanted her to see the death of a man that mattered to her.

Neither of them were getting out of that room alive anyway, since P&L went really light on their costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ned
May 23, 2002

by Hand Knit

Cojawfee posted:

Holy poo poo that assassination. That lady was forced into a lovely situation and it seems like Phillip understood what she went through and didn't want to kill her for surviving.

Fake edit: I will take one for the team and bang the new soviet source.

Phil's dad had to be the bad guy in order to survive. Pretty brutal scene.

• Locked thread