Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Make more of them. If you don't have about 1000 set up on an auto crafting system what are you even doing

How do you parallelize crafting of that stuff?

Black Pants posted:

Does that have Immersive Engineering? The Arc Smelter can make EIO alloys with all the insane speed the Arc Smelter tends to have. You put the gold in the smelting area, and the glowstone and whatever else it wants (redstone? I forget) in the slots on the upper right.

It does! I'll have to give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Most of my experience with modded Minecraft is from the Mindcrack FtB pack when it was current, and then the Ultimate pack for a short while afterwards. Point is, it's been a while; I don't really remember anything.

CotT sounded fun, so I've been playing that for a bit, and it is indeed fun. Mostly. I was just wondering, though, is there anything in the pack that tells you how to make multiblock structures, like a smeltery? The quest where you need seared bricks, etc. doesn't have any quest text like the others do, so maybe it's supposed to be there? I ended up looking it up, but it'd be much nicer if I didn't have to look up stuff outside of the game.

On a related note, is there a way to look at crafting recipes from the quest menu directly, instead of exiting that, then opening my inventory and searching JEI for it? It's not too big of a deal or anything, it'd just be more convenient.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Actually, barring some way of knowing how a round-robin is organized, you can't do it so it's crafting equally across all available machines. You go from one input storage to separating out the ingredients via filter (so three for energetic alloy), then parcel each of those ingredient stores in packets of 1 using a round-robin extraction. It could work in theory. In practice and Minecraft being Minecraft, I would be leery of relying on all three ingredient stores being in sync with each other.

Project Ozone 2 lets you quickly bypass that by letting you grow the drat ingots instead.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?

Zack Ater posted:

Most of my experience with modded Minecraft is from the Mindcrack FtB pack when it was current, and then the Ultimate pack for a short while afterwards. Point is, it's been a while; I don't really remember anything.

CotT sounded fun, so I've been playing that for a bit, and it is indeed fun. Mostly. I was just wondering, though, is there anything in the pack that tells you how to make multiblock structures, like a smeltery? The quest where you need seared bricks, etc. doesn't have any quest text like the others do, so maybe it's supposed to be there? I ended up looking it up, but it'd be much nicer if I didn't have to look up stuff outside of the game.

On a related note, is there a way to look at crafting recipes from the quest menu directly, instead of exiting that, then opening my inventory and searching JEI for it? It's not too big of a deal or anything, it'd just be more convenient.

You can make the Tinkers Construct Guide which will have all the instructions you need. I'm currently at work so I don't know what CoTT has the recipe as, just check NEI with @tinkers and it's the only book that I know of in the pack.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

You can make the Tinkers Construct Guide which will have all the instructions you need. I'm currently at work so I don't know what CoTT has the recipe as, just check NEI with @tinkers and it's the only book that I know of in the pack.

Fantastic, thanks!

I know Ars Magica has multiblock stuff, too, but I have that book and it has instructions there. Anything else of the sort? I think I have a book for... Actually Additions, maybe? But I haven't looked at it yet :v:

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Zack Ater posted:

Fantastic, thanks!

I know Ars Magica has multiblock stuff, too, but I have that book and it has instructions there. Anything else of the sort? I think I have a book for... Actually Additions, maybe? But I haven't looked at it yet :v:

Immersive engineering has a book, and both advanced rocketry and draconic evolution have multiblock guides which show the structure needed in game.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

How do you parallelize crafting of that stuff?

The way I did it with RS was to have the crafter with the processing pattern output the materials into a chest that fed a whole bank of alloy smelters. EnderStorage is the easy method to transfer them, though you could just as easily go with item conduits or Xnet. I used a pretty much identical method to scale up my glass production.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Zack Ater posted:

Fantastic, thanks!

This is a good series on how to use IE that's updated with the latest stuff: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQzDSnrhrcyyK2n3-obCpHJbhQ7HR4Ie9

The same guy also has a series for Tinker's Construct as well: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQzDSnrhrcywt2DU9DgY_FGdSo0jOmirv

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Zack Ater posted:

Fantastic, thanks!

You get the book for actually additions for completing the first quest for it under Farm and Ore Automation. Once you get a couple books I think the akashic tome is in the pack that lets you put all the books in one spot.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I gotta get used to better questing, I used all my prosperity shards before confirming that I had them for the quest because under HQM 9 times out of 10 it would have already registered it.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I was going to make fun of you folks for all that effort to de-boob Grimoire of Gaia as if you were basically modding a mod. Then I counted up how much time I've spent coding a teleport
command for BFSR based on RFTools' command. Now I can't really say too much. I guess I should just give partial credit for the modding community because the mod to be able to put leads on hostile mobs wasn't updated since something like 1.4.6 or whatever pre-history. Or I hope so; I didn't really spend much time trying to look this up.

...on to something more productive! I didn't realize the AM2 projectile dig spell could knock out mob spawners. That makes life so easy. I can see now getting into AM2 quite early in raiding an under-house rouge-like dungeon, popping the spawners from far away. I unfortunately got the spell at about the tail end of cleaning out the third floor where they start stashing spawners in crypts. But hey, an easy source for quartz blocks so I have a level 3 crafting altar base material is great.

So I'm still in the really early game. Is there any additions in the 1.10.2 progression I should try to get to make the really early game easier? So far I've figured out:
1. Actually Additions has the crafting table on a stick thing that was elsewhere before. That's nice in the first 60 seconds or so you don't have to plunk down a crafting table constantly.
2. Mekanism's bronze sword has 10 damage, which is the best weapon I could find at the point I can smash copper and tin together.
3. Shields of course.

I'm wondering about things like gliders, easy backpacks, any pre-redstone power generation, better weapons, and better armor.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Actually Additions is also awesome for drills and a bunch of other things. Tinkers isn't the only early-mid game option for high speed mining anymore.

Did you already find Iron Backpacks? They cap out on advancement pretty quickly, but they're still fun and have a great featureset.

Toadsmash fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 17, 2017

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

How complicated is grimdark or CoTT for someone that's never really played too much modded Minecraft? They sound fun.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

queeb posted:

How complicated is grimdark or CoTT for someone that's never really played too much modded Minecraft? They sound fun.

You'll die a lot more than usual at first, but a big chunk of the pain of that will be taken away by the fact that when you die all your items will be left in an unbreakable grave that you can collect them from. Otherwise depends on how overwhelmed you find yourself, and if you are on one of the servers frenzy has set up you can ask all the questions you need to get yourself on the right track.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm not sure if there is a primary thread or this fits into this one.

I'm trying to play minecraft again but I cannot seem to recover my account. I registered back in alpha and still use the same user account, however password resets on both the Mojang Login ID and Minecraft.net login don't return anything.

I have a ticket open right now but was curious: Did they end up purging old accounts? I paid $10 back in the day for the Alpha and was under the impression that was a full version for life.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

m.hache posted:

I'm not sure if there is a primary thread or this fits into this one.

I'm trying to play minecraft again but I cannot seem to recover my account. I registered back in alpha and still use the same user account, however password resets on both the Mojang Login ID and Minecraft.net login don't return anything.

I have a ticket open right now but was curious: Did they end up purging old accounts? I paid $10 back in the day for the Alpha and was under the impression that was a full version for life.

I had a problem like this, someone updated my account to the new style and tried to steal it from me. I was able to get it back by presenting the original transaction number from when I first purchased the account back in the beta days. I hope you keep a hold of all your old emails!

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

I had a problem like this, someone updated my account to the new style and tried to steal it from me. I was able to get it back by presenting the original transaction number from when I first purchased the account back in the beta days. I hope you keep a hold of all your old emails!

I thought I did but it appears not as far back as 2011.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
The same thing happened to me and I got the transaction number off my paypal history.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

SynthesisAlpha posted:

The same thing happened to me and I got the transaction number off my paypal history.

Looks like I can only go back to May 2014. That's unfortunate.

I think I made an account for my wife ages ago too. Maybe I'll just take that one over.

frenzy
Aug 4, 2003
hey u
hey check out these sweet screens showing off grim D's new worldgen, Open Terrain Generator

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

That is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Is that a .. jungle temple dungeon? I wanna explore it. Sorta reminds me of Terraria's jungle. Finally, something that isn't just plain tunnels (roguelike dungeons).

e. Or is that roguelike dungeons and it just has some funky texture pack? >.<

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 17, 2017

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Quarry.jpg

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Black Pants posted:

You'll die a lot more than usual at first, but a big chunk of the pain of that will be taken away by the fact that when you die all your items will be left in an unbreakable grave that you can collect them from.

At first youll be dying out in the open where it's easy to get your stuff. A bit later when you are a bit less cautious, youll end up dying in places where you might open to lan with cheats and gamemode 0 (or is it 1?) just to get back to your gavestone.

Now for my question.

COTT

how do i go about breeding the 10/10/10 seeds in agricraft?

ATM i drop a wheat in crop sticks, put some crop sticks next to it and im getting all the other seeds (like redstone and diamond and soulium... its pretty awesome. OH, and if i hit one of these seeds with a rake, it pops out and gives me a free crop stick.... Its probably the best bug ive ever encountered)

Ive tried singles, ive made a cross with doubles, I havent bothered with 4 yet as teh watering can i made doesnt seem to do anything.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Just turn "gamerule keepInventory true" on. Its perhaps a little exploitative but the game kills you at the drop of a hat and I'm not wasting a half hour to get my stuff back.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Meskhenet posted:

At first youll be dying out in the open where it's easy to get your stuff. A bit later when you are a bit less cautious, youll end up dying in places where you might open to lan with cheats and gamemode 0 (or is it 1?) just to get back to your gavestone.

Now for my question.

COTT

how do i go about breeding the 10/10/10 seeds in agricraft?

ATM i drop a wheat in crop sticks, put some crop sticks next to it and im getting all the other seeds (like redstone and diamond and soulium... its pretty awesome. OH, and if i hit one of these seeds with a rake, it pops out and gives me a free crop stick.... Its probably the best bug ive ever encountered)

Ive tried singles, ive made a cross with doubles, I havent bothered with 4 yet as teh watering can i made doesnt seem to do anything.

I did it the hard way; using growth accelerators from quests and drops, and a bunch of greenhouse glass from drops, and a Lilypad of Fertility from a quest, I put 4 of the same crop in a cross around a centre block. Then I place cross-sticks on the centre, harvest when it breeds, then analyze and replace the one of the existing four it is an upgrade over. Apparently you can do something involving clippings but I haven't actually looked into that yet. :shobon:

As a note, the 'place a crop at one corner and let it spread across a field' trick will not work in COTT.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I disconnected each AE quantum bridge one at a time, then waited to see if the network would drop and turns out one of my remote outposts didn't have a chunkloader. Things are running smooth again. :)

How come I can't find any info on Growth Pulsars on the Magical Crops wiki? What's the limit to how many can be stacked?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Black Pants posted:

I did it the hard way; using growth accelerators from quests and drops, and a bunch of greenhouse glass from drops, and a Lilypad of Fertility from a quest, I put 4 of the same crop in a cross around a centre block. Then I place cross-sticks on the centre, harvest when it breeds, then analyze and replace the one of the existing four it is an upgrade over. Apparently you can do something involving clippings but I haven't actually looked into that yet. :shobon:

As a note, the 'place a crop at one corner and let it spread across a field' trick will not work in COTT.

So it has to be 4? Will give it a go tomorrow. I sort of began setting up a kill box at the entrance to my mountain cave.
I need a way or early game auto harvesting these crops.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Last night I had some fun in CoTT. Said screw the questbook and went and beat up the earth guardian a couple times for his armor, then summoned the custom storage meteor using the Mark of the Fallen Tower from Blood Magic. It's well worth it since you get about 32 64k drives, a set of Grids, 4 Solderers, 4 Drive Towers and anything else you would ever need to set up the Refined Storage system. Also comes with parts to the Reborn Storage but I haven't messed with them yet.

Edit:Moral of the the story is Blood Magic, get it going asap.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Serifina posted:

I guess you'll be surprised to learn that I find stupid mob interactions terrible and would turn off item theft, then, huh?

But then you've always completely failed to understand what I'm saying.

Wow, you didn't take the bait and die on that hill. I'm actually impressed.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So I'm still in the really early game. Is there any additions in the 1.10.2 progression I should try to get to make the really early game easier? So far I've figured out:
1. Actually Additions has the crafting table on a stick thing that was elsewhere before. That's nice in the first 60 seconds or so you don't have to plunk down a crafting table constantly.
2. Mekanism's bronze sword has 10 damage, which is the best weapon I could find at the point I can smash copper and tin together.
3. Shields of course.

I'm wondering about things like gliders, easy backpacks, any pre-redstone power generation, better weapons, and better armor.

I'd recommend Super Crafting Frame, it lets you plonk down a wall-mounted crafting frame that holds up to four recipes and will craft them for you out of stuff in your inventory (Or a nearby chest, but I don't quite know how to work that yet). It's been useful to me for setting up MineColonies stuff: "I need another 200 oak wood stairs... Just need to punch the frame a few dozen times." Also useful for putting together machine precursors. Plus it has EXP storage and item deletion functions.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Does anyone know of a good replacement or analog to Sync mod and some decent ICBM equivalents for MC 1.10.2? I really love ResonantRise because I love tech mods, but I'm stuck on an old version because those mods aren't available for newer versions of MC and I can't find good replacements for them.

Failing that, any recommendations for tech-heavy packs?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I'm tempted to turn off x-ray vision in COTT but I feel like it takes too much out of it. On the other hand, leaving it in has enemies tunneling to my base from across the map. People suggested digging into mountains, but enemies just dug in from random sides. I tried a sky base, but zombies just nerdpoled up.
I guess my next attempt is a skybase with turrets and spikes.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Okay, like, everything about COTT sounds like the exact opposite of fun, but I'm almost tempted just to witness a zombie nerdpoling. That feels like it took some decent coding skill.

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Some turrets placed so they can shoot down at nerd poling zombies should stop them fairly easily by knocking them off the nerd poles.

Spikes are honestly crap because of the fact you need 3 stone swords per spike batch, and stone swords don't stack.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

I'm tempted to turn off x-ray vision in COTT but I feel like it takes too much out of it. On the other hand, leaving it in has enemies tunneling to my base from across the map. People suggested digging into mountains, but enemies just dug in from random sides. I tried a sky base, but zombies just nerdpoled up.
I guess my next attempt is a skybase with turrets and spikes.

This is why i recommend the Zombie Charm from Reliquary, Zombies literally don't know your there. In fact Reliquary makes Blood Moons Hilarious because eventually the only things that will care are vampires. Also this mod has a way to craft each reagent so you don't have to kill a million mobs for their drops.

Edit: Also if you need Ghast Tears you can use the Creeper flesh to craft those as well.

Hey Fingercuffs fucked around with this message at 17:52 on May 17, 2017

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Actually how rare are diamonds in CotT? Am I supposed to be able to find them in the wild? Been veinmining giant chunks of stone away and still haven't found any diamonds at all.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

No rarer than normal? Veinmining at the appropriate depth usually gets me multiple veins in sub five minutes.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I swapped from MFR's harvesters to Ender IO's Farming Stations because they're much faster. They're still not fast enough though, and putting down multiples of them seems to sync up, giving no benefit. Is there a way to unsync the Farming Station?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Ak Gara posted:

I swapped from MFR's harvesters to Ender IO's Farming Stations because they're much faster. They're still not fast enough though, and putting down multiples of them seems to sync up, giving no benefit. Is there a way to unsync the Farming Station?

Did you add area upgrades to your harvester? MFR harvesters are faster the smaller the area they affect since they check each block in sequence. If you want them to really be on the ball, don't upgrade their area of effect, and just have more harvesters.