Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Snatch Duster posted:

upon further advisement, this is the proper place for this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlGT4jerBQ4

:froggonk:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

He looks like a mannequin from a Bethesda game. Is his hair CGI?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

The Landstander posted:

The correct way to use political Twitter is to follow a wide swath of people from the whole political spectrum, including ones you dislike, and gradually realize that 90% of online controversies are functionally the exact same thing with the roles switched around.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

actually the correct way to use it is to follow people who are funny and make good jokes, because we could all use a little chuckle in these trying times

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Imagine being "involved" in political groups on twitter and stuff, like you take it seriously and poo poo lmfao. Like you're just elevated to hysterics all the time pumping out incredibly long tweet chains lamenting some event or another thinking anyone will actually read your tweet chains and also retweeting people doing the exact same as you, and also you feel strong emotions about all of this as its happening like someone laughing at you on twitter or SA while you're doing this is basically the same thing emotionally as someone making GBS threads on your welcome mat IRL like you're really mad haha

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
🌹

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

basic hitler posted:

Imagine being "involved" in political groups on twitter and stuff, like you take it seriously and poo poo lmfao. Like you're just elevated to hysterics all the time pumping out incredibly long tweet chains lamenting some event or another thinking anyone will actually read your tweet chains and also retweeting people doing the exact same as you, and also you feel strong emotions about all of this as its happening like someone laughing at you on twitter or SA while you're doing this is basically the same thing emotionally as someone making GBS threads on your welcome mat IRL like you're really mad haha

imagine effort and or honest posting in DnD.

how embarrassing.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

basic hitler posted:

This guy has tweeted 212,000 times to 222 people.

https://twitter.com/davidsgallant?lang=en

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

new phone who dis posted:

This guy has tweeted 212,000 times to 222 people.

https://twitter.com/davidsgallant?lang=en

it looks like a lot of that is just retweeting chicks he wants to slam tho

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Il Federale posted:

it got remade sort of

its not near as busy as the old one though

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3808500

Yeah. The "keep it civil" and "don't get out of hand" is referring to hurting lefty D&D feels.

Someone would make fun of some democrat/lefty thing and there would be 3 pages of hillbots posting angrily so the mods were able to close the thread because it "wasn't on topic anymore".

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

basic hitler posted:

Imagine being "involved" in political groups on twitter and stuff, like you take it seriously and poo poo lmfao. Like you're just elevated to hysterics all the time pumping out incredibly long tweet chains lamenting some event or another thinking anyone will actually read your tweet chains...

(1/27), he threatened.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

MD2020 posted:

(1/27), he threatened.

Anytime I see a 1/x or the hand clap separating every word, my eyes roll to the back of my head because I know it's some sad brained liberal about to virtue signal and tell me to educate myself.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

what are you intending to signal when you use the term virtue signalling?

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

basic hitler posted:

what are you intending to signal when you use the term virtue signalling?

My enormous, dangling virtue, so powerful and virile that it makes minorities quiver with anticipation

FisheyStix fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 17, 2017

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
When I was a kid, we just called that posturing

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

if you say the words "virtue signalling" like that, it really just sounds like you're trying to demonize people who are trying to be decent people. Obviously twitter warriors launching into a tweet chain are failing at that, but their failings aren't with their attempt to be virtuous, but with the unabashed vanity and ego with which they employ so much of their time into putting on display in a medium that's explicitly hostile to meaningful thought and expression.

There's nothing wrong with trying to be a good person, and there's nothing wrong with condemning people who shun such things in favor of their own vanity and john galt delusions.

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007

Jesus Christ. They got rid of the two towers but still kept the giant arrow-plane. However, did you know Onward Together is an anagram of BOTH 'Egad! North Tower!' AND 'Dang! Other Tower!'?? :tinfoil: :911: :tinfoil:

It can also spell her policy plans: 'Go Red, then to war', or her goal of becoming a 'Three ton war God' :aaa:

But at least they made the giant arrow the thing you'd fire out of a ballista at Syria moving to the right much like her policies blue this time.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Stuffguyman posted:

Jesus Christ. They got rid of the two towers but still kept the giant arrow-plane. However, did you know Onward Together is an anagram of BOTH 'Egad! North Tower!' AND 'Dang! Other Tower!'?? :tinfoil: :911: :tinfoil:

It can also spell her policy plans: 'Go Red, then to war', or her goal of becoming a 'Three ton war God' :aaa:

But at least they made the giant arrow the thing you'd fire out of a ballista at Syria moving to the right much like her policies blue this time.

jumping loving jesus it all fits

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stuffguyman posted:

This your brain on /pol/

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Get war to her Don.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hetero raw dog - nt

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
tent her war good

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Stuffguyman posted:

I like you. I bet you spin a good yarn.

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
Why is there an arrow pointing to the right? Is she going to run as a Republican?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

solar energy panel posted:

Why is there an arrow pointing to the right? Is she going to run as a Republican?

The democrats have been doing that for years already. :shrug:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

The democrats have been doing that for years already. :shrug:

lol

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Well when you type stuff the cursor moves to the right so I think that's generally considered forward.

But there is only so far you can go to the right before you finally jump all the way back to the left. :smug:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
the trump lol thread is currently amazing because even though the trump administration can't function neither can the news media and despite having plenty of garbage straight from the horse's mouth they still aren't utilizing it and instead posting nothing but made up, postured, framed bullshit that is even more fake than white house press reports about trump's incredible health and people are eating it up

this tweet from a CNN correspondent will surely be the death knell of the trump administration

this washington post article isn't a half assed blog post from a joke publication, its serious business

etc

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

apparently some congressional doofus is calling for trump's impeachment now

imagine i posted a gif of the joker burning all the money from TDK but like, all the faces are photoshopped with like jeff sessions and trump and poo poo, and you're like "whoa, that's some deep political commentary there, wow"

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Trump'lol thread went pear shaped soon after the election which is a shame because life is currently very funny and a thread for laughs not meltdowns would be much appreciated

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

solar energy panel posted:

no she thinks dems will win the white house and take back congress by leeching a few suburban republicans, instead of you know, going full progressive like what the vast majority of Americans actually want.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Toadvine posted:

Trump'lol thread went pear shaped soon after the election which is a shame because life is currently very funny and a thread for laughs not meltdowns would be much appreciated

i think this is the thread because the hillary lols have exhausted themselves quite frankly

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Lmao

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

basic hitler posted:

if you say the words "virtue signalling" like that, it really just sounds like you're trying to demonize people who are trying to be decent people. Obviously twitter warriors launching into a tweet chain are failing at that, but their failings aren't with their attempt to be virtuous, but with the unabashed vanity and ego with which they employ so much of their time into putting on display in a medium that's explicitly hostile to meaningful thought and expression.

There's nothing wrong with trying to be a good person, and there's nothing wrong with condemning people who shun such things in favor of their own vanity and john galt delusions.

I stopped using twitter because I think the whole thing with trying to get likes and retweets and posting all the inane day to day stuff you encounter like the world revolves around you essentially turns people into narcissistic psychopaths

If you try to do good things for a pat on the back or approval, you're doing them for the wrong reason. An act of kindness is reward enough in and of itself, and doesn't need to be shouted to the world to seek validation from others.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

nigga crab pollock posted:

i think this is the thread because the hillary lols have exhausted themselves quite frankly

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"Invoke 9/11" should be added to the Dungeons and Dragons spell list because only sorcery can explain the effect it has on Americans.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Stexils posted:

actually the correct way to use it is to follow people who are funny and make good jokes, because we could all use a little chuckle in these trying times

You should only follow Da Share z0ne and nothing else

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5O48lxB33k8&t=119s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the guy wearing dad glasses walking a long a rural highway in the rain.

• Locked thread