Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

No one does it, on purpose, because its way worse. Boost ulting is usually straight up in overwatch. And it isn't an instant kill in Los in hots. And it's a lot harder to tell where it's going to land with the hots boost imo

Can't you cancel the boost whenever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's much worse than how it works in Overwatch because it's not a guaranteed kill and much easier to avoid on a 2-D plane. I'm sure there are skilled players who will make sick use out of it but the only situation I could really see it being beneficial would be sending it into an enemy team that is trying to grab a tribute or something similar. Most of the time it's just a whole lot of mech HP wasted that could have been spent diving in and mixing it up before bailing out with a self-destruct.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wish the safety cooldown for Boosters wasn't one loving second when the whole thing lasts two seconds. I take Nitro a lot and frequently I just want to slam the accelerator and knock a bunch of people back then cancel immediately, but because the cooldown is one second I end up doing one or two spins before I can cancel out of the booster and resume shooting/matrixing.

Half a second is sufficient to stop the people with fat fingers from accidental cancels while giving you more control over the mech's boosters.

Yes that absolutely needs to be changed. There's no good reason to have to do donyts to wait out the double tap period.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Kashuno posted:

Can't you cancel the boost whenever?

Not when you're out of the Meka and your Q is a dodge roll

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Luminous Cow posted:

Why do people want kel'thuzad so bad?

hes protagonist of dota

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I guess I'm in the minority but I like the boost destruct quite a lot. You can toss it behind enemies to cut off their escape/disrupt boss or throw it at a keep as a bomb. It makes it a great zoning tool while not putting you at any risk.

Also if you take the instant mech talent at 20, you can can use that to knock enemies back into the explosion. It's probably not as good as some of the other 20 talents but it's hilarious knocking someone who just got out of the explosion back into it at the last second and watching them die.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

exquisite tea posted:

I think she's good but not super OP or anything. She more or less duplicates her role from Overwatch, a tanky disruptor who is really frustrating to kill and zones out isolated opponents. She's not a pure tank and shouldn't be played like one.

she seems to have absurd dps in pilot form, which is just like in the overmans, but i don't know if you want d.va being able to turn into raynor on command.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I haven't used any of them enough but I think mekafall might be the best 20. The instant part of it will save your life

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Not when you're out of the Meka and your Q is a dodge roll

that is horrible.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Normal Adult Human posted:

she seems to have absurd dps in pilot form, which is just like in the overmans, but i don't know if you want d.va being able to turn into raynor on command.

I wouldn't want to spend most of my time in pilot form but her DPS is good enough that you can't just run up on her and expect to live if you have low HP. Taking GG, WP @ 16 gives her 75% (!) more basic attack damage and she can really put a hurt on dudes from the backline.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah that damage increase makes her dps like Raynor with his W always on. Without any of the things that makes Raynor hard to kill of course.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Are you sure that's how it works? If you don't take the roll when you boost destruct you get a Q cancel button that turns into a greyed out roll button after the boost ends or is cancelled

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah that damage increase makes her dps like Raynor with his W always on. Without any of the things that makes Raynor hard to kill of course.

the thing that makes raynor hard to kill is he has a third of secret hp. i wonder if d.va has anything similar

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Was is the recommended tank build for Varian? I just feel so useless as him in tank build. Does he just rely on the rest of the team to blow someone up when you taunt them? That rarely seems to happen with pubbies.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Parry talents at 1/4/7, Taunt, whichever talent is the most useful against the enemy comp at 13 (usually Juggernaut), Banner of Ironforge, either Glory to the Alliance or Vigilance.

Once you're good at stutter stepping and knowing when to Parry your autos start chunking for a decent amount due to Heroic Strike always being up and you're basically unkillable as you lock down targets with Taunt.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Chaitai posted:

Was is the recommended tank build for Varian? I just feel so useless as him in tank build. Does he just rely on the rest of the team to blow someone up when you taunt them? That rarely seems to happen with pubbies.

The main draw of his tank build is he's almost unkillable and will win 1v1s if they drag too long or can just walk away if not, and can also be pretty dang sticky if they try to disengage. But yeah taunt is a playmaker, not a delete button. Just like Mosh Pit you gotta have a team to follow it up.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Normal Adult Human posted:

the thing that makes raynor hard to kill is he has a third of secret hp. i wonder if d.va has anything similar

She doesn't while stunned

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
the amazing counterplay of "stun the tank"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Pilot dva isn't a tank :goonsay:

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

That argument works in this particular case since you have to stun the very squishy not-tank without any innate mobility who spawns at a specific point after a 0.75 sec windup.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Pilot dva isn't a tank :goonsay:

Make her a multiclass like Varian SO SIMPLE

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The one thing I hope they fix about D.Va is D-Matrix because it's kind of clunky to use. You should just be able to do a full 360-degree swivel while it's active.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

The main draw of his tank build is he's almost unkillable and will win 1v1s if they drag too long or can just walk away if not, and can also be pretty dang sticky if they try to disengage. But yeah taunt is a playmaker, not a delete button. Just like Mosh Pit you gotta have a team to follow it up.

Taunt hits decently hard with Overpower. I killed an Illidan from 50% with charge + taunt + parry.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

The one thing I hope they fix about D.Va is D-Matrix because it's kind of clunky to use. You should just be able to do a full 360-degree swivel while it's active.

That would make it blatantly overpowered. The spell has to be clunky if you want it to be that powerful, otherwise dva will straight up win any game against low CC comps.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Playing Tyrande in an all mage game is unfortunate. Noone to AA for CDs and everyone spending all of their time doding skill shots.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
35 minute long game

:eyepop:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

exquisite tea posted:

all they need to do is make the 100% booster damage in the first second of boost baseline. idk why a huge damage boost talent is on the same tier with a couple of almost strictly mobility talents. I guess reduced boost for every hero passed through is alright?

BR0ME0
Apr 6, 2010
So, I just started playing during this last week or so, and I've hit player level 50... and then pretty much stopped getting any increase on my player level, only characters... is there some trick to continue gaining player level, or is it capped?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Player level will from that point increase with every character level.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I think the bigger zone talent let's you swivel because you can't move. The only way you'd be allowed to swivel and move was if you can't cancel

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I think the bigger zone talent let's you swivel because you can't move. The only way you'd be allowed to swivel and move was if you can't cancel

Bigger zone doesn't let you move at all.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
Just picked up the 'all different types' Mega Bundle; anyone have recommendations for 2 or 3 heroes out of that mix to focus on learning at first? Particularly heroes that reward playing conservatively, I guess. :shobon:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BR0ME0 posted:

So, I just started playing during this last week or so, and I've hit player level 50... and then pretty much stopped getting any increase on my player level, only characters... is there some trick to continue gaining player level, or is it capped?
Your player level is a sum of your character levels

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

Ghost of Starman posted:

Just picked up the 'all different types' Mega Bundle; anyone have recommendations for 2 or 3 heroes out of that mix to focus on learning at first? Particularly heroes that reward playing conservatively, I guess. :shobon:

Is that the flex bundle? Nazeebo is easy to play and effective, Lili is a good easy to play support, who can build for decent damage, and Johanna is a super safe, easy to play tank.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.

Ghost of Starman posted:

I'd highly recommend Nazeebo. He has amazing overall damage output and laning ability, and really dominates late game thanks to his stacking mechanic. He's definitely someone that benefits from playing more conservatively.

If you want to pick up a bruiser/tank, I'd recommend Arthas out of the group. He's pretty good all around, and has a lot of fun CC with his slows + roots.

I'd recommend Li Li out of the supports. She's in a great place right now even after her recent nerf. She's also quick to pick up and can carry lower level games with her damage build.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Love the new Tyrande. Right up my alley of wanting to be a quasi-support and damage dealer.

In other news, b-stepping really, really upsets people. Hot take, I know.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Remember how they announced "2017 season 1" without showing off the mounts?

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/864893646646034433

Worth the wait :circlefap:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is nu-Tyrande's healing good enough to qualify as solo support or does she need to be paired up with someone? Basically, when should I try to draft her?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Welp, def. getting the five-stack of wow guildies together and hopefully getting them to knock out placements at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

BrianBoitano posted:

Remember how they announced "2017 season 1" without showing off the mounts?

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/864893646646034433

Worth the wait :circlefap:

What rank does one have to be to get those, I maxed out at Plat 2 and am Plat 4 right now :(

(e) Nevermind, I get the battle raptor at least, only masters get the Epic one. :( :(