Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

CratSock posted:

I was about to go to the post office in the building next door to check that out, then all of a sudden I realized "WTF is Hamilton doing here?" Sure, he's a great driver, but he doesn't belong in that group, at least not while he's still racing. Put in Prost, Rosberg (Sr.), Fangio, Nige, Hunt, Lauda, gently caress, even Bernie! Whoever... just not Lewis.

Hamilton has more wins than all those dudes so I dunno he should get a stamp too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Hamilton has more wins than all those dudes so I dunno he should get a stamp too

Yeah I mean, like it or not, but Hamilton and Vettel are in a league with some of the best drivers ever ever.
I get the "not while they're still driving" argument, but they're both stupidly successful at driving cars and definitely deserve their stamps.

Having said that, it's not about who is a great driver, it's about "who can we make a stamp for that people will recognise", and like him or hate him, most Canadians who give a poo poo know who Lewis Hamilton is.

simble
May 11, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

:) Good job, keep it up!

Also, why the gently caress is there cigarette chat going? And no Renault Mild Seven livery?!

More importantly to my fellow Canadians...

GET YOUR ASSES TO CANADA POST RIGHJT W UFCKING NOW!!!

https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/f1-tm-in-canada.jsf

Check out those framed ones, god drat.

Even as an American, I felt compelled to buy this. Moving to a new house and the office needs some stuff on the walls and this is perfect. Thanks!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I object to my hard earned tax dollars being used to make a Poois Shamilton stamp. Trudeau is the worst.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

I object to my hard earned tax dollars being used to make a Poois Shamilton stamp. Trudeau is the worst.

Nice avatar

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Trumpdeau

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Oh gently caress.

Nicky Hayden in hospital after he got hit by a car while cycling/training in Italy. :( No idea on his actual condition yet.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/05/17/hayden-in-hospital-following-cycling-incident-in-italy/228157

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
How do you tell how many times someone posted in a thread? I saw a reference to it earlier in the thread and cannot figure out how its done.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

How do you tell how many times someone posted in a thread? I saw a reference to it earlier in the thread and cannot figure out how its done.

You can view the top 30 if you click the reply count for the thread

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

iospace posted:

You can view the top 30 if you click the reply count for the thread

Well goddam... all these years being here and I never once knew that. Thanks for the info.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Wirth1000 posted:

Oh gently caress.

Nicky Hayden in hospital after he got hit by a car while cycling/training in Italy. :( No idea on his actual condition yet.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/05/17/hayden-in-hospital-following-cycling-incident-in-italy/228157

This is the second time an athlete has been hit by a car in as many weeks in Italy. Michele Scarponi, an actual pro cyclist was killed. Terrible news.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's been eleven years but Dani Pedrosa finally finished the job.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gigi Galli posted:

This is the second time an athlete has been hit by a car in as many weeks in Italy. Michele Scarponi, an actual pro cyclist was killed. Terrible news.

He's in serious condition being reported now. Also picture of the damage to the car that hit him.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Oh I'm shocked a BMW hit him. TONY!?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Oh I'm shocked a BMW hit him. TONY!?

I can't believe I know this but that's actually a Peugeot 206 GTI

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Italians have a certain sense of fashion and style so there's no way that could be a BMW.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

The vents on the hood give it away. Very distinctive.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wirth1000 posted:

Dammit I saw the tiny but of the hood in the pic and assumed.

Also I've never seen a Peugeot in my life

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've seen some 505s and running 405 in person. There were also two derelict 405s rotting in a driveway near my highschool. They vanished around 2004.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
When was the last year you could legally enter an ex-works private chassis? 1982?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I had a 505 GTI as a kid. It loving owned and was indestructible.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Gigi Galli posted:

Not to mention Chris Froome getting knocked off his bike in France last week.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDPusx1yR68

Rare Lola T97/30 Footage.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Not to mention Chris Froome getting knocked off his bike in France last week.

My rule is if I'm near a golf course then I'm wheeling the bike because you can guarantee some fucker in a black BMW would rather mow you down than slow down for two seconds.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
#freetony

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Saw this on Joe's blog. From the catagory of "completely making poo poo up" the bolding is mine.

quote:

There is also a note in the book suggesting that the solution might be found in Nürnberg, where the annual Norisring races take place on a track laid out in the old Nazi Party rallygrounds, known as the Reichsparteitagsgelände. Each year the DTM manages to attract 123,000 spectators over their race weekend. The track is too short and the facilities are poor, but the city has 3.5 million people, there is a railway station next to the track and it is in an urban parkland, where they are used to big events and where a few upgraded lakeside roads could increase the track from 1.4 miles. The whole thing would then be reminiscent of Montreal or Albert Park, two of the most successful F1 venues.

There are no rumours about this idea, but I think there should be. Besides, I’d love to hear the commentators trying to say Zeppelin Strasse and Otto Ernst Schweizer Straße at speed

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm rather enjoying Joe's journey towards a complete mental breakdown because Ferrari realise that he's just some idiot with a blog and refuse to do any PR for him.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

simble posted:

Even as an American, I felt compelled to buy this. Moving to a new house and the office needs some stuff on the walls and this is perfect. Thanks!

The best part is the free shipping to the US, which totally caught me off guard. Probably going to get dinged on import duty, though.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm rather enjoying Joe's journey towards a complete mental breakdown because Ferrari realise that he's just some idiot with a blog and refuse to do any PR for him.

Ferrari did PR for him?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Worded that rather badly.

Every second post of his is him mentioning how Ferrari "don't get it" because they "refuse to talk to the media." I'm inclined to read between the lines and say that they just don't talk to him because he's an idiot.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Christ, Hayden has severe head and chest trauma. His Honda WSBK team's twitter just said "the medical teams are working hard". Don't loving race for Honda.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Schlesische posted:

Yeah I mean, like it or not, but Hamilton and Vettel are in a league with some of the best drivers ever ever.
I get the "not while they're still driving" argument, but they're both stupidly successful at driving cars and definitely deserve their stamps.

Having said that, it's not about who is a great driver, it's about "who can we make a stamp for that people will recognise", and like him or hate him, most Canadians who give a poo poo know who Lewis Hamilton is.

I agree that they're both great (and successful) drivers, I just think it's odd to have him in a set of stamps with a bunch of ex-drivers. But I guess that makes sense about having the most well known face on one too. For the kids. But drat it would have been much cooler to have Alonso instead.

Is Joe's Award trying to push a historic Nazi GP?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

CratSock posted:

Is Joe's Award trying to push a historic Nazi GP?
Nah man, just an 88 lap race around a track DTM uses. It's cool.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Nah man, just an 88 lap race around a track DTM uses. It's cool.

And it's 1.4 miles long...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wicka posted:

And it's 1.4 miles long...

A 136 lap race then, at minimum.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Gigi Galli posted:

I had a 505 GTI as a kid. It loving owned and was indestructible.

I spent a stupid amount on a brand new Fiat Grande Punto Sporting when I was a kid because it was 2007 and money was basically free. Holy poo poo did it kick loving rear end and teach me the art of lift off understeer - something our esteemed poster Tony Montana is oblivious of.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

There's a certain quiet satisfaction to having to barely use your steering wheel while going round a turn on a highway.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

I spent a stupid amount on a brand new Fiat Grande Punto Sporting when I was a kid because it was 2007 and money was basically free. Holy poo poo did it kick loving rear end and teach me the art of lift off understeer - something our esteemed poster Tony Montana is oblivious of.

You don't know how to drive, it's a late model BMW, LOL fwd fagg0t, huff puff, coccaine, etc etc, my sister is hot

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Codemasters finally put out some info about f1 2017. Gunna include a bunch of classic F1 stuff like the 2013 game did.

Guess what senna car is Preorder dlc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Codemasters finally put out some info about f1 2017. Gunna include a bunch of classic F1 stuff like the 2013 game did.

Guess what senna car is Preorder dlc?

Let me guess.

MP4/4.

• Locked thread