Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

We live in a world where Rick and Morty exists so King of the Hill can't be the best animated show ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The best animated comedy is Clone High. This is irrefutable.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

Henchman of Santa posted:

The best animated comedy is Clone High. This is irrefutable.

I wouldn't call it the best, but it's definitely one that I recommend to people.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Clone high is probably the best concept for a TV show to ever be pitched. The fact that we even got a season is a blessing.

Also you guys are forgetting Mission Hill, which could re-air today and you'd think it was a brand new show. It has aged really well, my favourite animated show of all time. it's one of the few physical pieces of media i own, and I keep it alongside books because thats where it belongs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0ZMw4y9rV0

I don't think it's FILESZZZ to link to the pilot of a ~20 year old cartoon show FIGHT ME

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 17, 2017

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

What I've *buuuurp* seen of Rick *belch* and *burp* Morty was pretty *buuuurp* good but the *belch* awful *burp* bel-*burp*-ching gimmick renders the show *belllch* completely unwatch-*burp*-able to me

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

bawfuls posted:

We live in a world where Rick and Morty exists so King of the Hill can't be the best animated show ever

This is a very good point.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

What I've *buuuurp* seen of Rick *belch* and *burp* Morty was pretty *buuuurp* good but the *belch* awful *burp* bel-*burp*-ching gimmick renders the show *belllch* completely unwatch-*burp*-able to me

Same.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, I could barely get through 1 episode.

But now it's a super hit with everyone.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, I could barely get through 1 episode.

But now it's a super hit with everyone.

If that 1 episode was the pilot, the burping is tuned way down from that for subsequent episodes.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Evidently a souped-up, $150,000 Corvette, too. I'd imagine driving one of them in the Valley makes you worse than Hitler. Worse even than Russ, because at least his supercars announces he's 'tres comas' rich.

Looks like a bog-standard Stingray convertible, which starts at 60k. And it was used, those aren't the standard wheels anymore. Hell, through the 4th wall: it's probably owned by someone on the production staff.

I'm not even sure you could spend 90k souping up a Stingray without drastically changing the body work, and nobody does that because the Z06 is right there starting at 80k and optioning up to 110k.

Of course Erlich doesn't know dick about poo poo, Jian Yang probably capered off with the other 90k. Or Jian Yang is really bad at negotiating, and offered the kind of price he'd think was a deal in China (Corvettes start at 245k over there).

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I had kind of the same reaction to the belching at first, but it's really a fantastic show and worth watching if there's any way to get you past that, it's one of the few cases where something actually deserves most of the hype it gets on the internet. The pilot episode is the worst for it, but I think he tones it down quite a bit after that, or at least it becomes less noticeable. It's actually one of the quirks of the show that I really like now that I'm used to it -- the random belches and stammering make them feel a little bit more like real people, not just actors reading a script.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think she'll be integral in getting Richard's new internet to work, but Gilfoyle will be convinced she put all sorts of backdoors in it for herself and go full on ~Aspie OCD freakout~ and tank the launch or say something to the wrong person.

there's thin line between love and hate

gilfoyle will end up dating her

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I also love that Richard still hasn't learned from the focus group that he'll have a monumental task in convincing the world to let him use *their* smartphones to run *his* internet, likely by getting them to *voluntarily* download and install something that helps someone other than themselves. That black lady and the team will be the only ones using it because *she* gets it!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

maskenfreiheit posted:

gilfoyle will end up dating her

Definitely what I was expecting when she first came to the house, glad they went the other way with it, at least for now.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

stanford's tech transfer office is going to retain rights to seefood and give a huge chunk to bighead

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

PittTheElder posted:

Definitely what I was expecting when she first came to the house, glad they went the other way with it, at least for now.

alternatively: gilfoyle dated her in the past

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

As someone who enjoys Rick & Morty, I agree that the pilot went overboard on that. It's definitely worth watching unless you absolutely require no burps in your shows, though.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

The burping is meta-commentary about the show being made by two high-functioning alcoholics.

How does it feel to not be able to appreciate fine art? :smug:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Watch the Mr. Meeseeks episode if you want to see why everyone is crazy for it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The R&M did nothing to sell me on the show, really. I've stuck around because I had no other comedies to watch and it turned out to be great eventually, though I'm still not sure about "best ever".

Silicon Valley, on the other hand, owned from E1. This last one was great too.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I can't watch Rick and Morty because the Rick and Morty fans on reddit won't shut up about Rick and Morty.

I'll probably give it a shot when it's off the air.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So your problem is reddit

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I can't stop listening to the song from the closing credits, On My Own by Old Man Saxon.

He only has that song, a 4 song EP and 1 other single. This guy needs to be more famous.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Rick and Morty is hit-or-miss. I honestly thought the surprise season premiere was meh because it was a character-driven episode based around Rick, who is an irredeemable rear end in a top hat that always does the right thing to save the day and doesn't get owned like Erlich does. When it focuses on sci-fi tropes and plots, it's much better.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

bring back old gbs posted:

Clone high is probably the best concept for a TV show to ever be pitched. The fact that we even got a season is a blessing.

Also you guys are forgetting Mission Hill, which could re-air today and you'd think it was a brand new show.

Agreed and mostly agreed.

Introduced an older friend to Clone High and she loves it (besides the more frantic dumb jokes).

Mission Hill was good, but could have become great. That episode about needing all types to make a fruit cup aired like a few days around 9/11 and my young mind was like 'Is this intentionally Related? How could they know?'

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Rick and Morty has a monologue about dudes' obsession with their own penises voiced by Werner Hertzog. It's a hilarious and brilliant show that will probably die an undignified death one day soon because Dan Harmon is a crazy person who runs everything good in his life.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

mrmcd posted:

Rick and Morty has a monologue about dudes' obsession with their own penises voiced by Werner Hertzog. It's a hilarious and brilliant show that will probably die an undignified death one day soon because Dan Harmon is a crazy person who runs everything good in his life.

The other guy Justin Roiland (sp?) is, if you've ever heard an interview with him, also a total brokebrain. It's a wonder the show hasn't self destructed already.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

kiimo posted:

So your problem is reddit

p much yeah

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pharmaskittle posted:

The other guy Justin Roiland (sp?) is, if you've ever heard an interview with him, also a total brokebrain. It's a wonder the show hasn't self destructed already.

mr. burns germs stuck in door frame dot gif

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Pharmaskittle posted:

There was a behind the scenes where Justin got actually drunk to do some Rick scenes. Off the cuff he says "I hope the next prezo doesn't disallow me from getting a gun so I can shoot my loving self." So yeah, a couple of broke brains making a hilarious show.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Cojawfee posted:

There was a behind the scenes where Justin got actually drunk to do some Rick scenes. Off the cuff he says "I hope the next prezo doesn't disallow me from getting a gun so I can shoot my loving self." So yeah, a couple of broke brains making a hilarious show.

I mean...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHsQ6UsA7Js

(also this is literally the final scene of Harmon's last project):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Pf_X_mgwM

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

if you don't agree that existence is a pointless tragedy of endless suffering and is arguably improved via the nonexistence of suicide then you yourself may be the brokebrain imo

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Locke Dunnegan posted:

if you don't agree that existence is a pointless tragedy of endless suffering and is arguably improved via the nonexistence of suicide then you yourself may be the brokebrain imo

or you could quit insisting life needs a point and focus on minimizing pain while maximizing pleasure

unfortunately brokebrains never advocates epicureanism because most "deep philosophers" are actually just depressed edgelords who regurgitate things other depressed edgelords who skimmed the wikipedia article on nietzsche told them

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Same

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

What the gently caress is going on in here.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Ooh la la, someone's gonna get laid in college.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
jian yang better be the richest person alive when this show ends

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ooh la la, someone's gonna get laid in college.

I graduated six years ago :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

anime was right posted:

jian yang better be the richest person alive when this show ends

I think a good plot point would be that Erlich talked slowly like he couldn't speak English when he moved in, and he just rolled with it. He's been fluent in English the entire time and just passive aggressively trolling everyone for their soft racism though a campaign of malicious compliance and fish gutting.

• Locked thread