Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Coldforge posted:

It's weird to see people complain about male voice acting, and not have it be about the consular. Terrible voice, awful meandering story, the worst companions; consular has it all.

Really? I thought that after Chapter 1 the Consular's story was easily the best of the four classes.

That said, Nolan North's male Consular is ridiculous-sounding, and besides maybe Tharan the class really does have the worst companions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Coldforge posted:

It's weird to see people complain about male voice acting, and not have it be about the consular. Terrible voice, awful meandering story, the worst companions; consular has it all.

I bet you loved the DS Sith Warrior.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
JK is bad LS or DS in my opinion. cramming a story full of stupid superweapons is not a great way to drive a narrative or build tension.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

Coldforge posted:

Haven't done male consular, so don't have an opinion about the VA. I liked Qyzen and Nadia. Theran amused me. Zenith was ok. Didn't care for Felix, tho.

I liked the consular story. JK is #8 out of 8 for me. And Doc...ugh, I hated that guy. The only redeeming quality is Lord Scourge. T7 got irritating to me before I even left Tython, Kira is just blah, and Rusk should've been a Trooper comp.

So, yeah, for me JK is the one that has it all.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Benthalus posted:

I bet you loved the DS Sith Warrior.

Prefered LS Warrior. DS Trooper all day, though.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The warrior has a section where they have to assign members of their team to carry out different parts of a mission, and you'll have varying degrees of success depending on who is assigned to what job. The trooper should have had a lot more scenes like that, since you're supposed to be leading a squad.

Trooper had that in, I think, the act 2 finale? And it was great, and I agree that it should have happened more often.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

When people say DS or LS warrior or whatever do they just mean choosing the dark side option like 80% of the time ?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

euphronius posted:

When people say DS or LS warrior or whatever do they just mean choosing the dark side option like 80% of the time ?

Yep. Some of the LS/DS options are gray enough that it doesn't feel too unnatural to choose the opposite of your usual (especially with the Agent) but most of the time it's better to just stick with one or the other if you want your character to have any semblance of a consistent personality.

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 15, 2017

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
About to jump back into this to see the parts of the story I missed. How is pre- max level gearing handled now that I understand they got rid of the tokens from quests and presumably the part vendors? Is everything just Galactic Command now even for leveling?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
JK's male va is David Hayter, we don't poo poo talk Snake in my house.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Trooper is either FemShep or Varric/Captain America so you can't go wrong there

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Midnightghoul posted:

About to jump back into this to see the parts of the story I missed. How is pre- max level gearing handled now that I understand they got rid of the tokens from quests and presumably the part vendors? Is everything just Galactic Command now even for leveling?

You don't need to worry about gear too much as you're leveling, but you have a few options -

1 - Buy some orange modifiable gear and you can buy modifications for it in the supplies area of the fleet, you can redo all your mods a couple times as you level and you'll be good.

2 - Running a Heroic mission gives you 2 random pieces of blue level appropriate gear, so running a few planets of heroics week will kit you out pretty quick.

Galactic Command is only for level 70 gearing.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

fruit on the bottom posted:

Trooper is either FemShep or Varric/Captain America so you can't go wrong there

Honestly most of the classes have fantastic VA work for both genders (though the male IA is my favorite voice actor in the entire game)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did black talon story mode at level 15 and got a i level 200 Orange gun? Usable at 65?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah that's a bug. Sometimes flashpoint trash loot is from the level 70 loot tables

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Coldforge posted:

I've never played Male Consular, I've only played Female Consular.

Especially since I heard the romance was mostly Daddy Issues: The Jedi.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Airspace posted:

I've never played Male Consular, I've only played Female Consular.

Especially since I heard the romance was mostly Daddy Issues: The Jedi.

Even if it wasn't for that, I have to assume that the fact that you don't even recruit her until Act Three means it'd be insanely rushed anyways. It's kinda hilarious how late you get both the Consular's romances compared to other classes. I'm just gonna save mine for Lana. :v:

Dakammer
Apr 24, 2004
- Forum Bass Wizard -

dmboogie posted:

Honestly most of the classes have fantastic VA work for both genders (though the male IA is my favorite voice actor in the entire game)

The male bounty hunter may have the best voice combined with the least reliable performance. For the original game, he's a super hard-rear end that sounds like he's been smoking since birth and it's perfect. However, in some of the free expansion-y content, he'll sneak in a heavy lisp where he apparently gave no shits about his delivery. From what I hear, he's back to normal with the paid/real expansions, although I can't say for sure since I've only played them on other characters. It's hilariously weird and really hard to miss, so I'd say his quality depends on where in the story you happen to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7CHM0CJqZo&t=18s vs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLRBae5a7dk is a prime example.

Dakammer fucked around with this message at 03:04 on May 16, 2017

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Dakammer posted:

The male bounty hunter may have the best voice combined with the least reliable performance. For the original game, he's a super hard-rear end that sounds like he's been smoking since birth and it's perfect. However, in some of the free expansion-y content, he'll sneak in a heavy lisp where he apparently gave no shits about his delivery. From what I hear, he's back to normal with the paid/real expansions, although I can't say for sure since I've only played them on other characters. It's hilariously weird and really hard to miss, so I'd say his quality depends on where in the story you happen to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7CHM0CJqZo&t=18s vs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLRBae5a7dk is a prime example.

Somebody here said the voice actor was recovering from some kind of dental surgery and bioware made him record a bunch of stuff anyway.

Did any of that stuff get re-recorded later? I haven't played my male bounty hunter in a while.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Somebody here said the voice actor was recovering from some kind of dental surgery and bioware made him record a bunch of stuff anyway.

Did any of that stuff get re-recorded later? I haven't played my male bounty hunter in a while.

Dunno if it got re-recorded, but he's back to his usual voice in the KOTFE/KOTET content. It's mostly in the dread master content where he's inexplicably got a lisp IIRC.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
A lot of BH dark side choices have you being a dick for no real good reason, but most of the ones on Alderaan are great.

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

Coldforge posted:

Personally I think both male Jedi are the worst for VA, which is a shame because I expected better from those two actors.

Mark Bazeley's warrior is probably the best performance in the game though.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Who's a cute little monstrosity - you are, yes you are!

EDIT: IN OTHER NEWS...

I want you lot to vote on which of the following contestants is your favourite costume from the contest:

HebrewMagic AKA Sakarian

Preechr AKA Parella

Fuzz AKA Dyspareunia

I'll total up the votes Saturday noon GMT and the winner gets another prize pick from the vault. In case of a tie you'll duel to the death we'll toss a coin or something.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 12:06 on May 16, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's hard to say since you can't see any of them in this game's terrible lighting.

We need a toy that's just an overhead spotlight.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
So this one?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Something like that where the light actually works on the character, yeah.

Tatooine Sun Simulator.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Voting Sakarian.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I think the most neutral bright lighting in the game is to be found on Manaan, for what it's worth. Easy to get "blank" backdrops too because the whole place is pale and uncluttered.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Can contestants vote? If so, Parella's got my ballot, can't beat those rippling Pectorals.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

HebrewMagic posted:

Can contestants vote? If so, Parella's got my ballot, can't beat those rippling Pectorals.

Sure you can!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
My friend got me to reinstall this game just in time to miss the free poo poo from Twitch. Ugh.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nonentity is a swell really nice handsome guy and I wish he was my dad

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Dakammer posted:

He's got a weird line read on Balmorra about assaulting the Arms Factory. Something about weaknesses in the walls and and traitors in the ranks.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Nonentity is a swell really nice handsome guy and I wish he was my dad

Were I your dad, we'd have to have a talk about some things.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Parella has the Bane thing going on, definitely gets my vote.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Man this matrix tuning really does look good on blasters.

Also I'm voting for Fuzz because I think that's a very stylish outfit.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Hi I'm a little late to this discussion but I want to add my name to the "LS Sith Warrior is p :coal:" pile. I'm a big nerd and like to RP my MMO characters, so I played her as a Lawful Evil-style "gotta prove she's the biggest badass" sort and it really worked out great. It was more of a hybrid LS/DS - she wasn't straight up murdering/torturing everyone she came across, but she was still raring for a fight and definitely doing a whole lot of killing. The story really provided a lot of options to play this out, and while some of the dialog didn't jive as well as I expected with what the actual choice said, in the end the character came across almost exactly how I envisioned.

Doing an Agent now who tends more towards DS and after the rave reviews I've heard about the story I'm less impressed than I'd expected by the first 25 levels. It's not bad, just slower to pick up than I wanted. Admittedly, I had the same problem with Warrior until around the time I picked up Jaesa. I think making her Master fall back to the dark side was the first real point in the story that I was like "oh hell yes"

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Also voting Fuzz because he looks fly as heck

olblue
Nov 9, 2003

...lets go exploring!
Fallen Rib
Voting Fuzz because I want to be like the cool kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Voting Fuzz because i'm a follower not a leader.

• Locked thread