Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro
I vote Preechr because it reminds me of my SW's old outfit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Voting Sakarian because of that pose. Work it.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Voting Combat Training Target MK-5.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Aleth posted:

EDIT: IN OTHER NEWS...

I want you lot to vote on which of the following contestants is your favourite costume from the contest:

HebrewMagic AKA Sakarian

Preechr AKA Parella

Fuzz AKA Dyspareunia

I'll total up the votes Saturday noon GMT and the winner gets another prize pick from the vault. In case of a tie you'll duel to the death we'll toss a coin or something.

Current tally:

Hebrew Magic AKA Sakarian: 2
Preechr AKA Parella: 3
Fuzz AKA Dyspareunia: 4
Combat Training Target MK-5: 1

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Oh snap!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_q3RKHlL_0

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Too much white.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Too much white.

That's datamined stuff, the coloring and such likely isn't included/it's not complete.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Wasted by having it mostly above sea level rather than like the base in the HK bonus mission. :(

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Well poo poo, that Manaan base looks bomb as hell.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The I-O8 comp has unique animations, incidentially, instead of the generic droid attacks.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Too much white.

Racist.

I got worried it was all above water then they showed the underwater part, except it's lame and only has a few windows. I want a giant underwater dome room, what the gently caress. :arghfist::gonk:

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Where did the Manaan stronghold get announced?

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Chickenwalker posted:

I don't think it has been officially announced yet, but it's been found in recent datamining of the PTS. Zakuul stronghold stuff has also been found but not as much of it yet so that one is still up in the air.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Or don't. I'm easy.

Preechr fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 19, 2017

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Alternately vote for me, you know you love my knockoff Dash Rendar outfit

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chickenwalker posted:

Aaaaaaaand I think it's time for me to re-sub.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Don't hop on just for that...datamined, but not confirmed. They datamined a Zakuul one a while back too and that hasn't seen the light of day.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And even when Yavin was confirmed it took months to come out.

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.
I'm returning after a long break (somewhere around patch 1.2 was where I left off I think) since I got my fiance into the game for the story. This time around I picked up Sith Juggernaut since that was the story I had made the least progress in, and was just wondering if anybody could give me a summary of playstyles for it's specs for PvE?

I don't really care about endgame content quite yet, or which puts up better numbers. I'm mostly just curious how the specs "feel" or what they play like and what they're good at, since whenever I try to look up guides it's mostly gearing advice and rotations for players who already know the class.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Go Vengeance. Kill everything with lightning slams and leaps. Look like a boss while doing it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Vengeance focuses heavily on Damage over Time effects (bleeds) and the Ravage move. Rage is more of a straight burst spec - personally, I enjoy Rage as it's pretty simplistic. You power up twice - once with a leap, and once with either a buff (enrage) or a DoT (Crushing Force), once those are done you can either use a single target huge burst attack, or a powered up Smash. Great for trash killing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Counterpoint: vengeance's unique smash animation is cool as hell

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

Thanks so much for all the help! Think I'm going to go Vengeance since it sounds like it has some pretty cool animations, but I'll probably give both a try as Rage also sounds pretty useful.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I think my one big "complaint" about vengeance is that one of its key mechanics (applying all 3 dots and then spreading them with smash) is almost impossible to practice on most Solo content because most mobs die before you can get the third dot up. So it's just something to keep in mind for when you fight groups of enemies in group content.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think my one big "complaint" about vengeance is that one of its key mechanics (applying all 3 dots and then spreading them with smash) is almost impossible to practice on most Solo content because most mobs die before you can get the third dot up. So it's just something to keep in mind for when you fight groups of enemies in group content.

That's actually another reason to level as Rage. The cool animations for Vengeance you don't get til later anyway. :D SMASH SMASH SMASH

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

Medullah posted:

That's actually another reason to level as Rage. The cool animations for Vengeance you don't get til later anyway. :D SMASH SMASH SMASH

Ah, this point and the not being able to use the dots/rotation properly mean I'll probably level in Rage at the very least.

Thanks once again for all the advice!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I mean it's not a huge deal; the "problem" is that you're so big and strong you kill stuff too quickly to do your full rotation, it's just that it'll be a little trickier to build your muscle memory.

But really just play whatever's fun

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Immortal is viable DPS past 26 as well.

Backhanding chumps never gets old.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

SkullMuffinz posted:

Ah, this point and the not being able to use the dots/rotation properly mean I'll probably level in Rage at the very least.

Thanks once again for all the advice!

Couple of videos to show the moves -

Vengeance -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lgdpzhFwpk

Rage -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6_kl1ctq2k

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Immortal is viable DPS past 26 as well.

Backhanding chumps never gets old.

Backhanding owns and is almost worth the dps loss to solo as immortal

Fortunately every spec gets force choke, the other best move.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

Backhanding owns and is almost worth the dps loss to solo as immortal

Fortunately every spec gets force choke, the other best move.

It's actually surprisingly good DPS if you wear DPS gear. Especially in PvP.

Edit - Not like, raid level DPS, but for soloing stuff it's fine.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

It's actually surprisingly good DPS if you wear DPS gear. Especially in PvP.

Edit - Not like, raid level DPS, but for soloing stuff it's fine.

Yeah Crushing Blow will one-shot Standard enemies. I Tank SM Ops and Master FP's in my skank tank gear (War Leader armorings and shield, everything else DPS), it's just faster and I don't have to respec.

Force Push is my second favorite move but that's because it's so much fun in PvP. Pushing fools off edges in Voidstar and Oddessen, off cliffs in Novare, into traps in Huttball, and luring node guards out in Civil War while my people come from behind. When they realize what's going on and try to make it back to the node it's the Backhand/Force Push combo.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah Crushing Blow will one-shot Standard enemies. I Tank SM Ops and Master FP's in my skank tank gear (War Leader armorings and shield, everything else DPS), it's just faster and I don't have to respec.

Force Push is my second favorite move but that's because it's so much fun in PvP. Pushing fools off edges in Voidstar and Oddessen, off cliffs in Novare, into traps in Huttball, and luring node guards out in Civil War while my people come from behind. When they realize what's going on and try to make it back to the node it's the Backhand/Force Push combo.

Push is fun in PVE* too because you can do the push > throw > leap again combo and feel like a badass. Dammit. Talking about juggernauts is making me want to resub again, they're really fun.

*solo PVE. Don't do this in groups or people will yell at you probably

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just had some teenage pubbie get really REALLY mad because I made fun of him for being a juggalo. :laugh:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I think my favorite combo in Odessan is Darkness Assassin. Pull lone north defender to railing, Overload him off. Did that to the same guy 3 times yesterday. You think they'd learn to LOS...

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Aleth posted:

EDIT: IN OTHER NEWS...

I want you lot to vote on which of the following contestants is your favourite costume from the contest:

HebrewMagic AKA Sakarian

Preechr AKA Parella

Fuzz AKA Dyspareunia

I'll total up the votes Saturday noon GMT and the winner gets another prize pick from the vault. In case of a tie you'll duel to the death we'll toss a coin or something.

FINAL TALLY:

FUZZ - take another shot at what you want from the vault.
HEBREW/PREECHR - you can each have either an excited child emote or the Mystery Box (i.e. a grand chance cube).

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I've been playing vigilance guardian (AKA vengeance juggernaut) since beta and I could never find another class or spec that I had as much fun with. To me it's about the "bag of tricks," they get so many cool situational skills, it gives you a great sense of control over a fight. Lots of interrupts, and you can reposition yourself or your foes pretty fast by leaping and pushing, especially once you get a lot of skill points to shorten your cooldowns. The rotation only really matters if you're doing tough group content, otherwise you have a lot of freedom to gently caress around and improvise. Admittedly this could all have a lot to do with my crazy level of familiarity with the spec after years and years of playing it, but it's super fun.

I will say that the most fun I ever had in PvP specifically was playing tank spec in low-level PvP. Nobody expects a tank in low level matches. I was just piling up the trophies in there. Good times. I also had somebody a good five levels above me try to take out my juggernaut tank on Tatooine, and I absolutely crushed him.

What's funny is, before the game released, I was really into the concept of a Jedi character who focused on the Force, so I was going to have a consular as my main. But it turned out guardians get the most fun Force powers. Nothing is more satisfying than the push. I remember some guy tried to gank me on Makeb once and I just casually flung him off the nearest cliff.

Of course I also misjudged an angle once and hurled an enemy across my own goal line in huttball... :sweatdrop:

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Aleth posted:

FINAL TALLY:

HEBREW/PREECHR - you can each have either an excited child emote or the Mystery Box (i.e. a grand chance cube).

Send a GRAND CHANCE CUBE my way, I'd appreciate if you could mail it to me since I'm in a different guild.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Sent! Enjoy your fabulously ugly dye or whatever you'll probably get from it.

Edit: also sent Preechr his Mystery Box.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aleth posted:

FINAL TALLY:

Sweet! I'm out of the country right now and won't be able to get back on to look until next weekend.

• Locked thread