Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Stagger_Lee posted:

By SRS, the Cavs are even worse. It really kind of bothers me that how badly they played this season doesn't matter at all.

no, they arent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Tim has meltdowns daily i wouldn't put much thought on that fraud

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Bashez posted:

I don't think superteams forming is really that big of a deal. Kevin Durant is generational bitchmade. We aren't going to see someone like him for a long time.

So we should all discount LeBron's miami rings then for being the first bitchmade

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

idk he didnt join an already championship team to play second fiddle to a system pg and a ball kicking tasmanian devil

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Rabid Snake posted:

So we should all discount LeBron's miami rings then for being the first bitchmade

Lebron didn't join the Celtics

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Stagger_Lee posted:

By SRS, the Cavs are even worse. It really kind of bothers me that how badly they played this season doesn't matter at all.

Boston was trying to win games

Cavs were half-assing it

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

idk he didnt join an already championship team to play second fiddle to a system pg and a ball kicking tasmanian devil

Yeah Miami was very mediocre post-Shaq, pre-LeBron.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009

Ghost Dog posted:

no, they arent

Good point. I thought I knew that but I was wrong and stupid.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

Naw Wade is more of a cold blooded player then LeBron. See: 2011 Mavs vs Heat

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

is there an nba thread discord, because no one talks in the SAS nba channel and it makes me sad

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the ol descent from kobe argument

Pungent Mammy
Jul 29, 2003

The pig is a huge fat pig.
Fallen Rib
Eat all of my shirts Boston

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

the ol descent from kobe argument

I don't think Kobe shot himself out of a title like Lebron did in 2011

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

If Lebron wasn't a "bitchmade" then why did he form a superteam in the south? Then leave Miami for Cleveland after he saw the writing on the wall? He was shook as gently caress.

Pungent Mammy
Jul 29, 2003

The pig is a huge fat pig.
Fallen Rib

Rabid Snake posted:

If Lebron wasn't a "bitchmade" then why did he form a superteam in the south? Then leave Miami for Cleveland after he saw the writing on the wall? He was shook as gently caress.

Whoa hot take bitchmade huh oh man wow

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

is there an nba thread discord, because no one talks in the SAS nba channel and it makes me sad

its an all sports cord where we all pretty much chat in one channel because we are lazy please have you answer about sinbad prepared https://discord.gg/yHHYezh

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
I've just had a revelation.

Why does Durant take so much heat for joining the Warriors but they all seem to get a pass for recruiting Durant? They win 73 games and fall 1 game short of a title because they finally played a healthy team and they have to go out and recruit Durant. I feel like I've opened my eyes for the first time. It's not Durant that's a giant baby that can't take the heat. It's the Warriors.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Rabid Snake posted:

That 2010 Cavs team was terrible. Who was their second best player? Mo Williams?

And it's one thing to form a superteam but joining the team that knocked you out of the playoffs is kinda weak.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

player lebrons never won a single loving thing without gm lebron, checkmate athiests

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Kelly Olynyk is a dirty bitch

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bitchmade is a fanfiction term, it's not built on anything logical so trying to argue for or against it is kinda pointless.

Like Tyler Zeller playing 1st quarter minutes

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Bashez posted:

Why does Durant take so much heat for joining the Warriors but they all seem to get a pass for recruiting Durant? They win 73 games and fall 1 game short of a title because they finally played a healthy team and they have to go out and recruit Durant. I feel like I've opened my eyes for the first time. It's not Durant that's a giant baby that can't take the heat. It's the Warriors.
Every team in history would do the same

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

bashez speaking facts tonight

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Bashez posted:

The Warriors availed themselves of an opportunity.

Durant made a choice.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
LOL a spurs fan is suing ZaZa because of a drop in ticket value. Don't mess with Texas!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Moment of Silence

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

Moment of Silence

WORLDSTAR

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

Moment of Silence

Latinx posted:

WORLDSTAR

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/Cavsanada/status/865019681614286848

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Pungent Mammy posted:

Whoa hot take bitchmade huh oh man wow

Nice response. Giving me an aneurysm

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Space Camp fuckup posted:

That 2010 Cavs team was terrible. Who was their second best player? Mo Williams?

And it's one thing to form a superteam but joining the team that knocked you out of the playoffs is kinda weak.

Thats my point on why players leave teams. The owners try to guilt trip them and have them stay but gently caress that.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I wish I could have cosmic sans that post

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
lebron also gets points for you know, going back. and it worked. i'm just now starting to appreciate miami heat lebron because i couldn't at the time.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Dexo posted:

Moment of Silence

exactly how I imagine I would guard Lebron

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Brolander posted:

lebron also gets points for you know, going back. and it worked. i'm just now starting to appreciate miami heat lebron because i couldn't at the time.

its good to work on ur character flaws

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh wow, another Cavs vs Warriors finals. This wasn't something easily predicted in preseason!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Dexo posted:

Moment of Silence

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter265/Section13J

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Dexo posted:

Moment of Silence

This is like when my dad would dunk on me when I was 6, and I quit playing basketball because I didn't find it as amusing at the time as he did.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

DUNK KING TIME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

p. nice Wolf Parade ref posted:

This is like when my dad would dunk on me when I was 6, and I quit playing basketball because I didn't find it as amusing at the time as he did.

lmao your dad owns

• Locked thread