Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Couldn't Oliver get Lyla to recruit the entire suicide squad? I want to see King Shark on Lian Yu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
For the first time three years I can honestly say I'm hyped for next week's episode.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I haven't followed this season at all but has anyone linked this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baHfmHeySkE

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess there's a good excuse you can't call Barry but this seems like a job for Supergirl.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's still weird seeing Oliver Queen: Action Mayor sweeping the room with a gun

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus, Slade is gonna just shred so many ninjas.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh man oh man I am so looking forward to Suicide Squad Jr.

Like I have no idea how this is going to work or how he's going to convince Slade not to just rip his throat out as soon as he's free but this is going to be an epic throw down and I want it to happen right loving now

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Looking at the synopsis for the finale and can someone tell me how loving captain boomerang is going to fit into this???

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

Looking at the synopsis for the finale and can someone tell me how loving captain boomerang is going to fit into this???

He's locked down there in Argus Gitmo too.

gently caress, at this point it's pretty much the entire Arrow backlog. Floyd's dead (:smith:) so they can't get him. Airlift Cupid, Huntress, and KGBeast in (assuming he's still alive after the flashbacks). Just fill up the island with characters fighting characters for absolutely no reason.

Now's the time to go full on comic book with this poo poo and I hope they realize that.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Slade is supposed to be the villain in The Batffleck so I'd bet good money CW Slade is dead by the end of the episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Slade is supposed to be the villain in The Batffleck so I'd bet good money CW Slade is dead by the end of the episode.

That's far from certain since they're rewriting the whole thing and that movie is now years off because of delays so I wouldn't bet on that. Also DC has lightened up on that. Superman is even allowed on Supergirl now.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

X-O posted:

That's far from certain since they're rewriting the whole thing and that movie is now years off because of delays so I wouldn't bet on that. Also DC has lightened up on that. Superman is even allowed on Supergirl now.

I knew Ben had dropped off as director, didn't know they had such heavy re-writes going on though.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Arrow is apparently moving to 9pm on Thursdays in the fall, after Supernatural. Not sure how this impacts crossover plans, with Flash and Legends being on the same night and a Wednesday with no DC shows on it any more.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Didn't they order Black Lightning episodes? There's still time for no day off!

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

STAC Goat posted:

Didn't they order Black Lightning episodes? There's still time for no day off!

Black Lightning is currently a midseason show, probably replacing Legends in the spring.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/the-cw-fall-tv-2017-schedule-arrow-and-jane-the-virgin-get-new-nights-dynasty-reborn/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It shouldn't affect anything, unless they've already started writing the next crossover but I doubt it.

The gap in the middle probably hurts the marketing a bit but it's not like people will forget after 1 day.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A proper crossover should be one a mini series anyway, as the one episode of each format kind of sucked this year. So like hopefully they'll just pick a week and do an episode each night and not care about the schedule that week.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
The best thing they could do crossover wise is just do an actual separate mini series that lasts 3 or 4 episodes, and have it take place between seasons.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Also, Black Lightning's pilot script is not very good. At all.

Bargain basement Luke Cage doesn't begin to cover it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Klungar posted:

Arrow is apparently moving to 9pm on Thursdays in the fall, after Supernatural. Not sure how this impacts crossover plans, with Flash and Legends being on the same night and a Wednesday with no DC shows on it any more.

Wow that's a terrible idea

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Hollismason posted:

Wow that's a terrible idea

It really is. Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, and previously Thursdays at 8 has always been a really solid set up and separating the shows by a day and moving Arrow behind a show no one gives a poo poo about anymore (outside the really crazy people) is a really dumb move that I hope they change before next season airs.

That being said, this was such an amazing episode and I seriously can't wait for the reunion of all reunions next week, in what I assume will be the greatest season finale of the CWDC shows yet. Chase is seriously the bomb and I'm definitely going to miss having him around next season.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Supernatural is still going on?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

Guy Goodbody posted:

Supernatural is still going on?

It will never end. It will become the longest running show in television history and it will still be airing long after we're all gone from this earth.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Do people really care about the schedule that much?

9 out of 10 times I binge them all together at the end of the week on my DVR or the CW App. Its a rare, not very busy week, that I actually watch them night-by-night and even then I don't really care what day is which? It only really matters in terms of crossovers, but as discussed the way they handled it this year was just flawed and to do it right they just need to step outside the shows schedules.

I mean, is a 6th season Arrow really going to struggle for airing after a 13th season Supernatural? You watch them or you don't at that stage, no?

It seems like it kind of makes sense to not fill every day on the schedule with comic book shows if you want to draw in people who aren't watching them. Like, I'm never going to be intrigued by No Tomorrow or Jane the Virgin airing after Flash or Arrow and I assume the same is true the other way.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

STAC Goat posted:

Do people really care about the schedule that much?

9 out of 10 times I binge them all together at the end of the week on my DVR or the CW App. Its a rare, not very busy week, that I actually watch them night-by-night and even then I don't really care what day is which? It only really matters in terms of crossovers, but as discussed the way they handled it this year was just flawed and to do it right they just need to step outside the shows schedules.

I mean, is a 6th season Arrow really going to struggle for airing after a 13th season Supernatural? You watch them or you don't at that stage, no?

I feel like for me at least, it's just kinda ingrained into my system that that's where they fit in. Sorta habit at this point. It won't stop me watching it, but Wednesdays at 8 has always been Arrow time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The day and time the show airs doesn't really matter at all. It could air on Saturday at 2pm I wouldn't really care. I'd just DVR it and watch it later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

The day and time the show airs doesn't really matter at all. It could air on Saturday at 2pm I wouldn't really care. I'd just DVR it and watch it later.

This. Didn't they release CW app numbers a few months back and almost as many people watch it on the app as when it actually airs?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

But then we don't get cool live posting reactions.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

nooneofconsequence posted:

But then we don't get cool live posting reactions.

This thread usually has, like, eight posts by the end of an episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Plus I'd be much more likely to actually live watch something at 8pm CST than at 7pm CST. I have poo poo to do after work and 7pm is too early to be watching shows these days. So this move actually gives me a better chance of catching this as it airs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

This thread usually has, like, eight posts by the end of an episode.

I no longer get Arrow in HD because CTV moved it, so I always watch late. Half the time I forget the show aired and accidentally click the thread, because seeing only a handful of posts unread usually doesn't signal new episode.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I remember when the Agents of SHIELD second season finale thread had, like, 300 posts by the time the episode ended and I spent the whole night thinking there must have been a legit Avengers cameo to garner those numbers, but no, it was just a really good episode.

We don't really see numbers like that around here anymore.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think the problem is that Arrow has been consistently solid for awhile now. Not amazing, but good. So nobody's hatewatching it anymore.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I watch all of CW shows on the App it's really great because it works with Chromecast.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Phylodox posted:

I remember when the Agents of SHIELD second season finale thread had, like, 300 posts by the time the episode ended and I spent the whole night thinking there must have been a legit Avengers cameo to garner those numbers, but no, it was just a really good episode.

We don't really see numbers like that around here anymore.

How much of that was buldup as a result of 'Inhuman aren't going to appear on Tv' :smug:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

You could make the argument that other networks should still care about scheduling.

The CW relies upon online streaming and DVR viewers to radically boost their ratings. Riverdale's ratings were weak but its numbers went up 125% after factoring in streaming/delayed views.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
this season has actually been good and I kinda care about how it ends?

it's a strange feeling :haw:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
This has been a great season. I think you could debate whether this season or season 2 is the better one, and both sides would have merit.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lord Bude posted:

This has been a great season. I think you could debate whether this season or season 2 is the better one, and both sides would have merit.

Yeah. I'm really glad I picked the show back up even though they trolled the poo poo out of me with Black Siren. Everything's reaching critical mass for this next episode and I hope it's the gigantic comic book burly brawl I expect it to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Lord Bude posted:

So would you say it would be hard to... ?

• Locked thread