Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Iron Chef Nex posted:

What are the chances that random option (c) happens in the Randy/Jinder match to give the finish of it at something resembling legs?

Stale Saltines posted:

Chrisley Knows Best is average around 2 million viewers right now.
🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Hooboy that's like pre-brand split numbers isn't it.

2019 is gonna be such a shitshow.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I would absolutely die if Chrisley ran in and somehow won the belt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stale Saltines posted:

Chrisley Knows Best is average around 2 million viewers right now.

For reference at where WWE's numbers are, TNA's highest Spike rating ever was 2.2 mil viewers

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy did anybody predict two months ago that SmackDown's tag team division would become the best thing about the show?

If they fix AA, get New Day in and get DIY after Takeover Chicago, that could be some really great stuff.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Somebody told this clown about the ratings numbers.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

CLONFROGGIO

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

Would love to see Bray paired with The Drifter.

Bray playing an out of tune banjo while he and the Drifter sing lovely covers of Old Crow Medicine Show in the aisleway during other people's matches.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Eli Wiggum posted:

From the night Jinder won the Six-Pack Challenge:
I don't know if Vince was rewriting promos for SmackDown since the brand split, but if not, that explains why things seem different.

Lol who would have thought that dissing a country would draw a negative reaction from that country's very patriotic citizens? Genius!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

super macho dude posted:

Bray playing an out of tune banjo while he and the Drifter sing lovely covers of Old Crow Medicine Show in the aisleway during other people's matches.

Bray should try to join the drifter, and the drifter should reject him.

E: and then alexa bliss hits him on the top of his head with a big mallet, and he wakes up and is Husky Harris

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 18, 2017

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Drifter should team with R-Truth and bring back the rap-rock revolution.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tried to cancel my network subscription, got a free month instead. Guess I'm watching paybacklash after all.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Frankston posted:

Lol who would have thought that dissing a country would draw a negative reaction from that country's very patriotic citizens? Genius!

So Genius that ratings are going down!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

super macho dude posted:

with bray's crust look i'm sure they can stuff in a days n daze cover or two as well

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

with bray's crust look i'm sure they can stuff in a days n daze cover or two as well

"Hey Drifter, when's the last time you tuned your guitar?"

"...tuned?"

"Perfect."

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Frankston posted:

I'd guess that Jinder doesn't want to get saddled with yet another version of the "Evil Heel Foreigner" gimmick.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'm pretty ok with ratings going down while Brock and Randy are champs. Plus I like Vince getting mad tbh

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Julio Cruz posted:

I'd guess that Jinder doesn't want to get saddled with yet another version of the "Evil Heel Foreigner" gimmick.

Plus I can imagine some of the fans just booing that Jinder became a main eventer purely for a generic 'evil foreigner' gimmick. The heat could have come from so many directions, and was legitimate enough, that you can't call it genius.

Plus the fact that the fans in the building can be wrong. To harp on the Bayley thing more, the crowd popped huge when she won the title, but she still should have only won the title at Wrestlemania and it was a drat waste to do it on RAW.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wazzu posted:

Plus I can imagine some of the fans just booing that Jinder became a main eventer purely for a generic 'evil foreigner' gimmick. The heat could have come from so many directions, and was legitimate enough, that you can't call it genius.

Plus the fact that the fans in the building can be wrong. To harp on the Bayley thing more, the crowd popped huge when she won the title, but she still should have only won the title at Wrestlemania and it was a drat waste to do it on RAW.

It was still a great TV moment and any crowd is gonna pop for the babyface winning the championship.

I mean, you're right, but you can never really blame a crowd cheering a championship change.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Iron Chef Nex posted:

What are the chances that random option (c) happens in the Randy/Jinder match to give the finish of it at something resembling legs?

Smash the Jinder binary

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Push Erick Rowan to the loving moon.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Wazzu posted:

I wonder where we'd be at right now if Jinder defied Vince and went with the original promo. I guess it's a moot point since Jinder doesn't necessarily have much pull to do such a thing no matter how much in love Vince is with his physique.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

VJeff posted:

It was still a great TV moment and any crowd is gonna pop for the babyface winning the championship.

I mean, you're right, but you can never really blame a crowd cheering a championship change.

That's my point, but I kind of put it wrong. The audience can enjoy or hate a thing, but that doesn't necessarily mean you did a good job.

Eli Wiggum posted:

I wonder where we'd be at right now if Jinder defied Vince and went with the original promo. I guess it's a moot point since Jinder doesn't necessarily have much pull to do such a thing no matter how much in love Vince is with his physique.

That would involve Jinder not being such a robot.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eli Wiggum posted:

I mean he would've just been a standard delusional heel who had no place winning that match rather than a delusional heel who had no place winning that match but also had an extremely tired gimmick that in this day and age, really only somebody as charismatic as Rusev and Lana can make work.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i hope jinder wins and handsome rusev challenges him to get the belt back for america

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MotU posted:

i hope jinder wins and handsome rusev challenges him to get the belt back for america

Jinder uses his Evil Foreigner money* to buy Rusev's farm.

*all foreigners are rich from stealing all YOUR money

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Those numbers are over 9000!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

RacistGuidingLight posted:

That's numberwang!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Considerably!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Julio Cruz posted:

well the original promo he preferred was apparently the most boring standard heel whatever promo ever, so maybe his instincts wouldn't be great in any case.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
This week in news that should shock you but won't: Kairi Hojo won't be allowed to do the elbow drop because it is Bayley's move, according to WWE. At least thats what Dave is saying.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

DarkstarIV posted:

This week in news that should shock you but won't: Kairi Hojo won't be allowed to do the elbow drop because it is Bayley's move, according to WWE. At least thats what Dave is saying.

I assume cooler heads will prevail because Hojo's elbow drop is the best looking one around.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DarkstarIV posted:

THAT IS loving INSANE okay if that turns out true i'm on the "bayley always was bad" train because come on.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

hojo gonna get bayreyed

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh. Rovert says no pirate gimmick/themed stuff either. Jesus loving christ WWE.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

shiksa posted:

THAT IS loving INSANE okay if that turns out true i'm on the "bayley always was bad" train because come on.

I dunno if this is entirely fair given that she probably has nothing to do with the decision.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Hot scoop: turns out it is the WWE who has been Always Bad, not the wrestlers.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

pressedbunny posted:

Hot scoop: turns out it is the WWE who has been Always Bad, not the wrestlers.

You need your own podcast, imo, so you can keep laying down these earth-shattering truth bombs :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

reignofevil posted:

I dunno if this is entirely fair given that she probably has nothing to do with the decision.

i agree it is unfair but as alexa bliss would say "sorry but dems the breaks"

• Locked thread