Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

bef posted:

quote:

:suspense:

:hawaaaafap::fap::circlefap::fap::flashfap:

:homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

https://i.imgur.com/mK16gHm.mp4

That Team Ninja made that trainwreck

I thought they just handled the cutscenes

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I thought they just handled the cutscenes

Yeah, I believe it was a Nintendo guy who wanted Samus to be a insecure shrinking mess.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

luckily i dont think he makes games anymore

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Yeah now nobody does

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, I believe it was a Nintendo guy who wanted Samus to be a insecure shrinking mess.

Yup. All the idiocy from the tranquilized dub acting to the lovely scriptwriting, right down to the Wiimote-only control scheme, was all Sakamoto's doing. He also reputedly got promoted into one of those punishment C-level positions where he'll never ever actually influence anything aside from collect a paycheque ever again for it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Well cool. Maybe we can get a good Metroid again.

Like, I just want a good, 3rd person game about a really tall, buff women full of birdalien DNA and asskicking for the Switch.

And another Star Fox game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He also reputedly got promoted into one of those punishment C-level positions where he'll never ever actually influence anything aside from collect a paycheque ever again for it.

I wouldn't mind getting a paycheck for doing nothing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Well cool. Maybe we can get a good Metroid again.

Like, I just want a good, 3rd person game about a really tall, buff women full of birdalien DNA and asskicking for the Switch.

And another Star Fox game.

I heard Zero wasn't that good, its main faults being related to the forced special control scheme. Does Nintendo even know why people liked the star fox games? Or I guess just 64, since that's the high point

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Quoting this in the arms thread :allears:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

I heard Zero wasn't that good, its main faults being related to the forced special control scheme. Does Nintendo even know why people liked the star fox games? Or I guess just 64, since that's the high point

I really don't fault Miyamoto for wanting to explore the idea of juggling two different perspectives simultaneously, but it just doesn't end up working. The fixed point all-range mode maps were the worst though. Just a completely non-intuitive mess. There are kernels of really fun game though. I played the co-op with my girlfriend and we had a blast, especially the stealth map.

In the end I really want is a Star Fox game with a good number of stages, a chance to play through as different characters, and online multiplayer dogfighting/co-op runs.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So where is my Spring Man and Ribbon Girl amiibo with movable arms like the Guardian amiibo Nintendo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

In the end I really want is a Star Fox game with a good number of stages, a chance to play through as different characters, and online multiplayer dogfighting/co-op runs.

I just want Star Fox 64 2

No focusing on ground missions or extra gimmicks, just gimme some good rail shooting stages. Toss in the occasional all range mode battlefield, that's fine sparingly, but it loses its appeal if that is all you have and you're doing the same stuff over and over again. Also, purposefully slowing the game down isn't a good idea so imo they shouldn't add stuff that does nothing but slow the game down :v:

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

I managed to grab what was possibly the only remaining Switch in South West London and boy howdy I'm delighted.

The eShop is terrible, I've put the screen protector on slightly wonky and I'm terrified about the whole thing exploding when I charge it.

However: Zelda.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I really don't fault Miyamoto for wanting to explore the idea of juggling two different perspectives simultaneously, but it just doesn't end up working. The fixed point all-range mode maps were the worst though. Just a completely non-intuitive mess. There are kernels of really fun game though. I played the co-op with my girlfriend and we had a blast, especially the stealth map.

Star Fox Zero had a grand total of three great levels, if I'm being charitable. Both versions of Corneria were pretty rad, and Area Omega was the closest to Afterburner Climax the franchise has been, marred only by making the boss yet another boring all range mode battle.

All they have to do is make more stages like those three. Make them fast paced, throw tons of enemies at us, and just go nuts with the on screen events. If you're gonna make a corridor shooter, it should aspire to be a crazy awesome rollercoaster. It doesn't have to be HARDCORE, just fun and fast-paced. The opening cutscene shows off the Arwings looking ultra maneuverable and doing crazy stuff, so let us at least feel like we're doing that kind of thing on the regular.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

But my aunt at Nintendo says that the next Star Fox game is going to be Adventures 2

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I bought a Switch. Zelda is pretty good so far.

So, what's the go-to SD card right now?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I'm using SanDisk Ultra 256GB, they have smaller sizes

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IC0GJKE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mister Facetious posted:

256GB is a bit pricey at the moment. I'd stick with 128GB cards which run around 50 bucks or less.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

256GB is a bit pricey at the moment. I'd stick with 128GB cards which run around 50 bucks or less.

I meant brand/speed/sdhc/xc rating. I haven't kept up on them (my phone is old and can't use them).

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I think Star Fox 64 is one of the best games ever made, and all of the trappings of Zero are fantastic but it really is crazy how they refuse to make a souped up version of 64 in spite of that being exactly what everyone calls for every single time they try something else. Like my god, with Zero's aesthetics and music and voice acting a straightforward gimmick-less game would have been so loving good.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

ARMS is so hype it took me about an hour to realize that fighting games never really clicked with me and I always put in way less time than I would've liked, even with Smash, thus I shouldn't actually get this. But I'll cheer all you armers from the sidelines.

Same here, kinda. I've tried buying into a lot of fighters to come out in the last 5 years (SFIV, SFV, GG, BB, Skullgirls, maybe more?) and none of them really clicked with me, although Guilty Gear came closest. I have a great stick and everything; execution isn't my problem, it's just each game has its own defining nuances and I don't like them. ARMS seems different enough, with it being fully 3D and more so a projectile-dodging game than a true fighter (not to mention the control scheme) that I think I might give it a chance.

At least the testfire will give me a really good indication -- I bought and sold Splatoon 1 within a dozen hours because I didn't like the controls and the giant Wii U tablet, but Splatoon 2 with handheld Joy-cons and gyro aiming was an entirely different experience and I loved it. I was planning on skipping Splatoon again based on my Wii U experience, but the testfire completely changed my mind.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I think Star Fox 64 is one of the best games ever made, and all of the trappings of Zero are fantastic but it really is crazy how they refuse to make a souped up version of 64 in spite of that being exactly what everyone calls for every single time they try something else. Like my god, with Zero's aesthetics and music and voice acting a straightforward gimmick-less game would have been so loving good.

It's A Thing with Miyamoto. He won't make sequels unless they do something new over the original. Which works in some cases, and in others you get Star Fox Zero with unnecessary gimmicks tacked onto an otherwise-solid game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mister Facetious posted:

I meant brand/speed/sdhc/xc rating. I haven't kept up on them (my phone is old and can't use them).

The SanDisk Ultra that Jarogue linked you is pretty darn popular (but yeah I'd get 128, 200-256 is too expensive atm)

But really anything should be fine.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's A Thing with Miyamoto. He won't make sequels unless they do something new over the original. Which works in some cases, and in others you get Star Fox Zero with unnecessary gimmicks tacked onto an otherwise-solid game.

And yet there were 4 New Super Mario Bros. games.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

When it sells, why stop

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yup. All the idiocy from the tranquilized dub acting to the lovely scriptwriting, right down to the Wiimote-only control scheme, was all Sakamoto's doing. He also reputedly got promoted into one of those punishment C-level positions where he'll never ever actually influence anything aside from collect a paycheque ever again for it.

Yoshio Sakamoto is the producer for Miitomo, Tomodachi Life, Rhythm Heaven, and Wario Ware. He's still making video games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Fetus posted:

New Super Mario Bros 2: :homebrew::siren:COINS!:siren::homebrew:
New Super Mario Bros Wii: Ridable Yoshi and 4-man co-op.
New Super Mario Bros WiiU: Tapping platforms in on the gamepad. Baby Yoshi's. New Powerups.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mister Facetious posted:

Buy a name brand (samsung, kingston, sandisk) card, 64/128GB is the current GB/$ sweet spot. Don't buy cheap ebay cards, no matter how many 5 star reviews they got.

Don't worry about speed ratings or any of that crap, they'll all be equal in the Switch use case

If you go to Amazon and sort by best sellers, you'll be fine

E: SDXC just means "64GB or larger" so you don't have to filter for specific XC cards

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 18, 2017

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'm watching the Direct and the intro is v good thank you Nintendo

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dr. Fetus posted:

There's a pretty big difference between the New Super Mario Bros. games and Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero.

The difference is money. Lot's of money. When Nintendo says they want to come up with new and interesting ideas for games that's their nice way of saying that poo poo don't sell.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/865139984826814467/video/1

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is that the pinball metroidvania game? Looked fun when it was first announced. 2018 release date though :(

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Sold

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Team 17 doing something that isn't a lazy port of one of their lazy Worms games? :eyepop:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm not much of a fighting game person, I can't bring myself to buy arms despite that it might be easier to get into. I'll be happy if you guys are happy with it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ineffiable posted:

I'm not much of a fighting game person, I can't bring myself to buy arms despite that it might be easier to get into. I'll be happy if you guys are happy with it.

It's a Nintendo game dude, buy it and have fun! They're the kings of making games fun for everyone.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Am I just not seeing it or is the Disgaea demo really not out in PAL yet

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Amppelix posted:

Am I just not seeing it or is the Disgaea demo really not out in PAL yet

https://twitter.com/NISAinEurope/status/865160048842035200

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU