Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Not sure why the BBC left this nugget out from the article they site:

quote:

She also left in her car, which they had driven to the theater, leaving Vezmar without a ride, he said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

SpacePig posted:

Not sure why the BBC left this nugget out from the article they site:

Also she was afraid of getting physically assaulted because he's an Alpha Male/MRA/MGTOW.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
She left him a Man Going His Own Way Home.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Screaming Idiot posted:

She left him a Man Going His Own Way Home.

Man Finding His Own Ride

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Gwyneth Paltrow focusing on Goop

Gwyneth, noooo!!!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

If you can explain how her "acting career" takes a backseat to her incredibly stupid opinions I'm :allears:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

I know this is the funny headlines thread, and the body of the article is almost immaterial, but the first 3 words of the article proper basically sum up why she maybe doesn't want to do acting for awhile:

quote:

The Mortdecai star
I can't believe that that's the credit these folks decided to pull.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Honestly I don't care about the article at all. I'm just amused by the presence of the word "goop". v:shobon:v

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Well, those keyboards ain't gonna clean themselves

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah, despite the fact that I haven't set foot in a church in decades, my mind immediately jumped to: "And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."--Luke 4:12 Deliberately being a dumbass in hopes that a being of immense power will do tricks on command just seems like a terrible idea. And then you get eaten by crocodiles.

Christians don't actually read the Bible

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

By definition any Christian who reads the Bible explodes in an extremely pro-dormal way so the remaining ones just kind of slump by.

Yes, I've heard of it.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I can understand why, though. I looked up Luke 3 just to see what comes before those parts;

23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,
the son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat,
the son of Levi, the son of Melki,
the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph,
25 the son of Mattathias, the son of Amos,
the son of Nahum, the son of Esli,
the son of Naggai, 26 the son of Maath,
the son of Mattathias, the son of Semein,
the son of Josek, the son of Joda,
27 the son of Joanan, the son of Rhesa,
the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel,
the son of Neri, 28 the son of Melki,
the son of Addi, the son of Cosam,
the son of Elmadam, the son of Er,
29 the son of Joshua, the son of Eliezer,
the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat,
the son of Levi, 30 the son of Simeon,
the son of Judah, the son of Joseph,
the son of Jonam, the son of Eliakim,
31 the son of Melea, the son of Menna,
the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan,
the son of David, 32 the son of Jesse,
the son of Obed, the son of Boaz,
the son of Salmon,[d] the son of Nahshon,
33 the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram,[e]
the son of Hezron, the son of Perez,
the son of Judah, 34 the son of Jacob,
the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham,
the son of Terah, the son of Nahor,
35 the son of Serug, the son of Reu,
the son of Peleg, the son of Eber,
the son of Shelah, 36 the son of Cainan,
the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem,
the son of Noah, the son of Lamech,
37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch,
the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel,
the son of Kenan, 38 the son of Enosh,
the son of Seth, the son of Adam,
the son of God.

This is worse than the Silmarilion.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The boring parts are worth it for when Jesus beats up some bankers, or when he tells a tree to eat poo poo and it dies, or when he takes his friends up on a mountain so he can glow for them and the sky opens up and tell everyone how boss he is

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The boring parts are worth it for when Jesus beats up some bankers, or when he tells a tree to eat poo poo and it dies, or when he takes his friends up on a mountain so he can glow for them and the sky opens up and tell everyone how boss he is

Yeah he needs to get more respect for being a badass but his fan crew is soooooo annoying

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

My favorite story is Jesus and the Magic Tilapia. He's so passive aggressive in that one.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Florida man tries to kiss rattlesnake; gets bitten

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39956904

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Oh man, now I wish someone would do a Lord of the Rings style treatment of his life story. Not trying to impart any morals or anything, just Jesus and his bros bro-ing around.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/17/cyclops-goat-born-with-one-eye-is-worshiped-by-villagers-in-india-6643422/

Cyclops goat owns.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Facebook Aunt posted:

Oh man, now I wish someone would do a Lord of the Rings style treatment of his life story. Not trying to impart any morals or anything, just Jesus and his bros bro-ing around.

It's been done. Heliand

quote:

"Simon Peter, the mighty, the noble swordsman flew into a rage; his mind was in such turmoil that he could not speak a single word. His heart became intensely bitter because they wanted to tie up his Lord there. So he strode over angrily, that very daring thane, to stand in front of his Commander, right in front of his Lord. No doubting in his mind, no fearful hesitation in his chest, he drew his blade and struck straight ahead at the first man of the enemy with all the strength in his hands, so that Malchus was cut and wounded on the right side by the sword! His ear was chopped off, he was so badly wounded in the head that his cheek and ear burst open with a mortal wound! Blood gushed out, pouring from the wound!"

... "Then the Son of God spoke to Simon Peter and told him to put his sharp sword back into its sheath. 'If I wanted to put up a fight against the attack of this band of warriors, I would make the great and mighty God, the holy Father in the kingdom of heaven, aware of it so that He would send me so many angels wise in warfare that no human beings could stand up to the force of their weapons.... We are not to become enraged or wrathful against this violence, since whoever is eager and willing to practice the weapon's hatred, cruel spear-fighting, is often killed himself by the edge of the sword and dies dripping with his own blood."

Jesus ends up being hung from a tree like Odin instead of crucified.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

GrossMurpel posted:

I can understand why, though. I looked up Luke 3 just to see what comes before those parts;

23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph,
the son of Heli, 24 the son of Matthat,
the son of Levi, the son of Melki,
the son of Jannai, the son of Joseph,
25 the son of Mattathias, the son of Amos,
the son of Nahum, the son of Esli,
the son of Naggai, 26 the son of Maath,
the son of Mattathias, the son of Semein,
the son of Josek, the son of Joda,
27 the son of Joanan, the son of Rhesa,
the son of Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel,
the son of Neri, 28 the son of Melki,
the son of Addi, the son of Cosam,
the son of Elmadam, the son of Er,
29 the son of Joshua, the son of Eliezer,
the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat,
the son of Levi, 30 the son of Simeon,
the son of Judah, the son of Joseph,
the son of Jonam, the son of Eliakim,
31 the son of Melea, the son of Menna,
the son of Mattatha, the son of Nathan,
the son of David, 32 the son of Jesse,
the son of Obed, the son of Boaz,
the son of Salmon,[d] the son of Nahshon,
33 the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram,[e]
the son of Hezron, the son of Perez,
the son of Judah, 34 the son of Jacob,
the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham,
the son of Terah, the son of Nahor,
35 the son of Serug, the son of Reu,
the son of Peleg, the son of Eber,
the son of Shelah, 36 the son of Cainan,
the son of Arphaxad, the son of Shem,
the son of Noah, the son of Lamech,
37 the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch,
the son of Jared, the son of Mahalalel,
the son of Kenan, 38 the son of Enosh,
the son of Seth, the son of Adam,
the son of God.

This is worse than the Silmarilion.

Remember, these parts of the Christian Bible are fanfiction that is meant to write in Jesus as the Messiah even though the facts don't really fit that well. It took them a while to get into their own, culminating in 50 Shades of Revelation.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

genetic_knockout posted:

Florida man tries to kiss rattlesnake; gets bitten

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39956904

You think Florida Man would have learned from the last time.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/florida-man-bitten-attempting-kiss-venomous-snake/story?id=30508876

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

He should really pay more attention to memes. Then he would know not to mess with snek.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Florida Man posted:

"One boy said, 'I'm going to kiss it in the mouth,' and the snake bit him in the face," Mr Goff told Action News Jax.

"Ron was just acting silly, you know? I guess he said he could kiss the devil and get away with it, but evidently he didn't."

[...]

The snake is believed to have escaped after its ordeal.

It is still not clear why Mr Reinold tried to kiss the rattlesnake.

You go, snake :unsmith:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What an idiot. Any small animal is going to assume the enormous mouth intends to eat them.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
A Creationist Sues the Grand Canyon for Religious Discrimination

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

My favorite story is Jesus and the Magic Tilapia. He's so passive aggressive in that one.

You could write a hilarious, and completely scriptural accurate, stoner comedy that portrays Jesus as this constantly sarcastic guy and the apostles as whiney bumbling idiots.

My favourite is the "fucks sake I was speaking metaphorically" when they get all worked up about the Pharisees and their leavened bread.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

You could write a hilarious, and completely scriptural accurate, stoner comedy that portrays Jesus as this constantly sarcastic guy and the apostles as whiney bumbling idiots.

My favourite is the "fucks sake I was speaking metaphorically" when they get all worked up about the Pharisees and their leavened bread.

Monty Python's Life of Brian did that exact thing, in almost those exact words, and even included an accidental alien abduction.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Azathoth posted:

There's a huge difference between someone who, through unlucky circumstances, finds themselves in mortal danger from wild animals and prays for deliverance, and someone who runs headlong into an alligator-infested body of water expecting God to keep them safe because they're such a good person.

He should've prayed to Sobek, the Crocodile God, instead.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Dennis Quaid Will Dive Into Katrina’s Bush

Circuitjerky
Mar 17, 2006

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Check out Lamb: The life according to Biff by Christopher Moore. It's this.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Democracy Dies in Darkness indeed.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bogan King posted:

Democracy Dies in Darkness indeed.

More like "Dies in Dorkness".

Edit for content:

https://twitter.com/KMOV/status/865406827453796353

Absurd Alhazred has a new favorite as of 04:38 on May 19, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Queenstown police chase stopped by sheep.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Bogan King posted:

Sucks you go caught, your majesty

my mate Jonno's a fuckin lawyer aye he's a good oval office I'll set you up

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bogan King posted:

This has to be from New Zealand, right?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

That is the Queenstown in question, yes.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Black Sheep... it's a documentary! :gonk:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

I didn't know Tim Buckley became a police officer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

More like "Dies in Dorkness".

Edit for content:

https://twitter.com/KMOV/status/865406827453796353