Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Foo Diddley posted:

Owns

Also owns. Does anyone have a link to it?

rjmccall posted:

look, it's simple. you have a Happy Burger brand fast food establishment, and sometimes kids come in and want their Happy Burger brand Happy Kiddy Burger, which according to the Happy Burger brand franchise operating instructions is supposed to be 4oz of usda utility grade hamburger lightly grilled and pressed into a poppy seed bun with two slices of mild pickle and a slice of tomato and a piece of iceberg lettuce and the name of the kid written on the top in half an ounce of Happy Burger brand special sauce about which the less said the better

so naturally what you do is, you post an ad saying, cooks wanted, please bring your own grill and meat and bun and pickle and tomato and lettuce, we'll supply the sauce

and you get an applicant, and you send him down to the Hall of Cooks, which is a featureless infinite plane that you keep in the unlit basement of your Happy Burger brand fast food establishment. and you tell him to just keep making burgers and handing them up, and if he hands up a burger that satisfies your standards, you'll pay him a bonus, which is $100,000, plus the price of the burger, which is $.50

now the cook can't see too good down there, and he keeps handing up burgers that are more like pickly meatballs with a swastika painted on the side in tomato sauce, but as long as the meat's cooked the health department won't shut you down, so you keep taking them and dutifully handing down briefcases of cash with a few quarters tossed in. and the cook's pretty happy, even after you summarily declare one day that you're only going to pay $50,000 per burger in the future

so the cook calls in a friend, and she sets up in the Hall of Cooks and starts handing up burgers, and now you're getting acceptable burgers faster than you can sell them. so you raise your standards a bit, and you insist that burgers have to be on a bun, and that cuts production back down to a manageable rate. but the cooks are still pretty happy, even after you cut the burger bonus again to $25,000

this goes on for a while, and now you've got a hundred cooks down there, and you've started demanding that they spell out the kid's name correctly, and that's not easy. so now they're not just making burgers to your increasingly exact specifications, they're racing each other to be the first to get the kid's name right. but you're still paying $5,000 a burger, and apparently the cooks are still happy, because more and more keep showing up

you get curious one day while you're squeezing into your franchise past the giant mountain of rotting discarded hamburgers, and you head down to the Hall of Cooks. the last time you came down here, there were only six cooks, and they were just standing around in a disorganized circle; but now they're organized into these large groups. in one of them, you find your first cook, and he shakes your hand. "remember when we'd just started out and i was lumping up store meat by hand and cooking it on that tiny old george foreman?", he laughs. "that was before figured out cookie cutters and rolling pins." he's standing at a huge professional-grade charbroiler with twenty-four different patties arranged on it; suddenly, in a single efficient flash of movement, he flips them all over. of course, the dull glow of the grill isn't enough in the utter blackness of the Hall, and most of the patties end up on the ground, which you suddenly realize is a lot spongier than it's supposed to be. also, doesn't the ceiling seem lower? you shake it off and head back upstairs to start taking orders, wondering when it'll be the right time to cut the bonus to $1,000

it's been another year. there are tens of thousands of cooks in your basement. you're rejecting burgers for sloppy handwriting. you're rejecting burgers for having too thick a slice of tomato. you're rejecting burgers for excessively clustered poppy seeds. seven months ago, the cooks started building floor-to-ceiling ovens with internal robotics custom-designed for making Happy Kiddy Burgers; now there are whole fields of them, each making ten thousand burgers a second. of course, it's still pitch-dark down there, and the cooks aren't exactly susan calvin, so almost all of those burgers get added straight to the end of the Great Greasy Mountains, but it's amazing how quick they come now. you overhear a few of the cooks talking excitedly about the orders they just placed for massive new ovens from Barbecue Labs. you don't know how any of them can afford this when the burger bonus is only $100

three months ago, you politely asked whether they could start making the adult Happy Burgers, too

for an entire day, all the burgers had your name written on top in poison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Sappo569 posted:

Picture of health, remember that's what his doctor told him

An apple pastry a day keeps the doctor away?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

To be fair, that last picture is photoshopped (she actually brought in a rack of ribs)

Here's some not photoshops.

What gets me is that he's my age, and is infected with a younger person's desire to put everything on the internet.

And it also proves that he's not working on anything important, because he'd post that too, if he was.

Or maybe there just isn't anything to leak?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jobbo_Fett posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3U123TmDcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plwBJvrthic

Downloaded both vids as backups incase those two youtube accounts are suddenly hit with "Spam" reports

But why? Why would anyone steal that? Surely a logo artist could whip up a dozen completely original yet generic sale logos to decorate the displays in a couple workdays. And then they'd all have similar style and look like they belonged together in that shop/franchise. I don't want to undervalue the work artists and graphic designers do, but "text in a circle" is not that complex. I'm pretty sure there are apps that will let you choose a color, shape, font and text and generate those for you.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, before I hit the sack, tonight on "I dream of SC (and crates)"

oh, are you injured? well lucky you I have here this crate!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

trucutru posted:

So, I was stalking following OSC and found this thing:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6bhlnv/can_someone_explain_to_me_why_you_care_when_s42/dhmse95/

This and the bitcoin burger analogy are the best

This post is cool.

MedicineHut fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 18, 2017

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

trucutru posted:

So, before I hit the sack, tonight on "I dream of SC (and crates)"

oh, are you injured? well lucky you I have here this crate!
Something something Old Man Murray

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Having recently finished actual triple a game Prey, I can say fairly confidently that chasing down drifting items in zero gravity using nipple jets is actually the complete opposite of relaxing.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Here's some not photoshops.

This is clearly fake as there is a strawberry wedge on one of the doughnuts. Or maybe that one is hers.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

christ, he's going to die before star citizen does

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

also i released a game in about ten months of development and i'm gonna get paid for it

does this make me more of a game developer than chris roberts

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Milky Moor posted:

also i released a game in about ten months of development and i'm gonna get paid for it

y u hate dream

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Thread getting weird again.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Milky Moor posted:

That can't be compared. There is no game made by CIG.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

XK posted:

Not like that guy could do any of that anyway, and any actual fed who ever did anything like that over some stupid video game would be immediately out of a job. Anyone who has the personal discipline to get a job with power like that, and who has invested timeless effort into getting into that job position, would never be stupid enough to make any kind of threat like that. They would be putting their lifelong hard earned professional life on the line.

My friend, have you ever heard the name of our lord and savior CARL MARK FORCE IV?

the redditor's almost certainly just a dumb kid pretending to be a cop but don't sleep on the unbelievable idiocy potential of fed cops

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Milky Moor posted:

EDIT: No.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 19, 2017

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

That story ends how you expect, but not how you should wish.

gamey
May 17, 2009

AP posted:

I like it weird. Is the "game" out yet? Seriously wtf they're at like $140 million now or something? Truly a sucker is born every minute or something.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Daztek posted:

You start with optimization when making a game, don't you know

For physics, yes.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

gamey posted:

Seriously wtf they're at like $140 million now or something? Truly a sucker is born every minute or something.

By the end of the month, they will hit Derek's visionary threshold of $150 million. Unfortunately, Derek was overoptimistic: they still need $150 million more to complete both games.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Abuminable posted:

By the end of the month, they will hit Derek's visionary threshold of $150 million. Unfortunately, Derek was overoptimistic: they still need $150 million more to complete both games.

Dr. Smart had too much faith in Chris Roberts.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Zzr posted:

Dr. Smart had too much faith in Chris Roberts.

I think Derek had a prophecy revealed to him, but he misunderstood its meaning! He thought $150 million would be what CIG would require to complete the games. Instead, the $150 million in pledges marks the dawn of the summer of CIG's demise.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

BobHoward posted:

My friend, have you ever heard the name of our lord and savior CARL MARK FORCE IV?

the redditor's almost certainly just a dumb kid pretending to be a cop but don't sleep on the unbelievable idiocy potential of fed cops
CARL MARK FORCE IV might be the exception that proves the rule because he was A: caught, B: caught trying to scam an even dumber motherfucker for millions in bitcoin. If you're gonna be corrupt, you're probably going to do so over something like taking hundreds of thousands of dollars of "untraceable" cryptocurrency from a gargantuan idiot ordering a hit on a fictitious person.

Not threatening some guy on reddit talking poo poo about a game you preordered.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

AP posted:

Excellent. Everything is back to its regular schedule after this haunting jaunt into normality.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

Excellent. Everything is back to its regular schedule after this haunting jaunt into normality.

I mean Trump sucks a lot of my internet ghost wandering time these days, there's only so much of it left for the thread

to suck

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Roflan posted:

This is clearly fake as there is a strawberry wedge on one of the doughnuts. Or maybe that one is hers.

It has to be because they stacked them. Who would have the audacity to stack donuts. My word, this is a tragedy.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Thread is at the lowest when americans write about food.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You guys.

Putting a strawberry on top of your donut is not a mysterious and uncharacteristic healthy decision. Like, sure it's a great accessory fruit, but it's still basically nothing but water and sugar.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
We need a northern food derail, tater ash, blackpool fish and chips, egg chips and beans. chips with chips and spam.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Out there some dude who is still convinced food talk is code for operations related to bringing down Star Citizen is staring at a wall trying to figure out what blue cheese taco time meant.

This is an important point to remember when dealing with redditors - they absolutely thought the food chat was code for our super secret plan to destroy Star Citizen.

Also they still believe 100% of the refunds in the refunds subreddit were faked by nawledgelambo :laffo:

TheAgent posted:

jesus christ destroy all life everywhere forever gently caress

I really want to get some Hercules Beetle larvae but they can be expensive and all the cool ones are illegal to import.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

kw0134 posted:

CARL MARK FORCE IV might be the exception that proves the rule because he was A: caught, B: caught trying to scam an even dumber motherfucker for millions in bitcoin. If you're gonna be corrupt, you're probably going to do so over something like taking hundreds of thousands of dollars of "untraceable" cryptocurrency from a gargantuan idiot ordering a hit on a fictitious person.

Not threatening some guy on reddit talking poo poo about a game you preordered.

The best part is still Carl Mark Force IV pretending to be a hitman and taking a job to kill himself

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The best part is still Carl Mark Force IV pretending to be a hitman and taking a job to kill himself
While a classic Carl Mark Force IV move, I personally think the best one is where he accidentally signed 'Carl' at the bottom of a PM to the guy his entire operation is supposed to expose then hours later when he realised what he'd done sending another one saying "whoops, my name is Carla - I have lots of boyfriends and girlfriends ;)"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GhandiSardiner/status/865176018604224513

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ghostlight posted:

While a classic Carl Mark Force IV move, I personally think the best one is where he accidentally signed 'Carl' at the bottom of a PM to the guy his entire operation is supposed to expose then hours later when he realised what he'd done sending another one saying "whoops, my name is Carla - I have lots of boyfriends and girlfriends ;)"

Big fan of the photo he had his daughter take of him wearing a hoodie and an eye patch too

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I knew the problem was actually releasing something

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 19, 2017

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat
So I just remembered that they sold a concept "News Van" so people could fulfill their dreams of being a Space Journalist , because of COURSE there'll be mechanics to support that

Does anyone know how much this beauty cost?https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/reliant/Reliant-Mako-News-Van

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Guy DeBorgore posted:

So I just remembered that they sold a concept "News Van" so people could fulfill their dreams of being a Space Journalist , because of COURSE there'll be mechanics to support that

Does anyone know how much this beauty cost?https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/reliant/Reliant-Mako-News-Van

$85 for the privilege of pretending you're a newscaster covering the lamest space stuff imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

Milky Moor posted:

I knew the problem was actually releasing something
No!
"The" problem, you FUD spraying Goon, is your lack of