Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

playing with goons is a good way to drop your squad rating lmfao

Goons are generally bad at games that don't include ruining people's lives as a gameplay mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

funny Star Wars parody posted:

I came up on a squad of pubbies who were usi mong the global chat to talk to each other and heard them say "holy poo poo a dude with a shotgun and level 3 gear is outside" so I shouted "yo you know everyone in the area can hear you guys? Get a discord before you all get murdered. Now so I don't come murder you right now let me go unharmed" so they did and one of them was like thanks man good luck and gave me an energy drink and we parted ways :3:

Then I shot out the tires to all the vehicles in the area and they died in the blue zone trying to escape :kimchi:

I ended up in a super-close range enagement with a dude who had nothing but a grenade and a couple of crossbow bolts. We fired a couple of times at each other on the stairs, he shouts "wait" and I'm like "are we really gonna do this?", then he asked if we could call a ceasefire as he'd had a really lovely start and had nothing on him.

Could have shot him as he ran away, but that wouldn't have been chill at all!

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
i teabag people after i kill them whenever it's a close range engagement

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

One of the final circles was in a city and a crate landed right in the middle of it but it landed on one of those chest high walls so you couldn't actually loot it (presumably you could if you could jump ontop of the wall). Many a pubger was lured to their death by the siren song of the unlootable crate that day.

Final circles in a city is way cooler than in a field. Got like 7 kills in the final 3 circles having cool shoot outs in the city.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jerkface posted:

One of the final circles was in a city and a crate landed right in the middle of it but it landed on one of those chest high walls so you couldn't actually loot it (presumably you could if you could jump ontop of the wall). Many a pubger was lured to their death by the siren song of the unlootable crate that day.

Final circles in a city is way cooler than in a field. Got like 7 kills in the final 3 circles having cool shoot outs in the city.

The best is when you have loads of dudes stuck in houses and behind walls when the circle comes in because they were more afraid of bullets

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

M4A1 with a 4x scope which I traded for my lovely bolt-action but I forgot to grab his ammo so I ended up getting trapped in the circle by snipers

Did you just trade a KAR98 for an M4? This is madness.

To bring it back to pistols are bugged chat. I don't think there is anything wrong when ADS except that it might behave different that if you don't. If you shoot the gun as fast as you can while ADS you'll notice that the gun doesn't reset completely and is still pointed upwards and the front and rear sights aren't aligned. I think this confuses people who only notice the front sights and doesn't realise that you don't shoulder the pistol and it can still be tilted upwards while the front sights are on target. If you instead wait for the sights to reset (you don't have to slow down very much) it shoots perfectly straight.

That there seem to be a difference between "hip-fire" and ADS where "hip-fire" is more accurate when shooting fast is an issue. Honestly though I'd say it's the "hip-fire" that's "bugged" and not the ADS since that makes more sense from a real world perspective. However game balance should dictate how the guns shoot and not the real world.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Confirmed hero Moonsha clutches the win in wheat field massacre. This and more with FOX 420 news at 11.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144742931

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'm not sure if it's the patch, me, or if the servers have had more lag lately. Takes a full second after reloading to actually get my ammo usable in my gun, and car entering has been awful.
I also walked in front of someone else's shotgun and was able to fire 3 shots into 'em (My positioning was so bad I thought it'd be 0). I still ended up with 0 Hit Points when I died, which means none of my shots connected. The person who killed me totally had the jump and better positioning, but it was laggy enough to let me get a bunch of non-existent shots in :v:

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Good soup! posted:

Can anyone explain what the gently caress is happening here, I'm able to get through the menus and match make but now it does this:

I can't move or do anything and it doesn't go bast this point and I have to kill it from the task manager. The game has worked without major issues for me until now, restarting and verifying game files doesn't do anything :psyduck:

Ah, well, that's your problem right there. Your guy is in the Underdark now.

Real question: When they fix the rankings, is it supposed to behave more like a true MMR system that is then used to group players of similar skill together? Or is it just a vanity thing that's independent of their invisible ELO?

Discospawn fucked around with this message at 12:07 on May 18, 2017

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Studio posted:

I'm not sure if it's the patch, me, or if the servers have had more lag lately.

Had a laggy EU server last night.

This was full auto. Totally put me off as I suddenly thought I had a gun with burst mode on. The ammo counter is funky, too.

https://streamable.com/rvm9q

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
All of yesterday was very laggy for me on the EU servers, massive desync and being forced to stand in front of doors and press F multiple times for it to work.

I even died once due to getting hit by desync after priming a grenade and not being able to throw it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Sometimes hiding in plain sight is the best place. I drop into a lovely little village right at the start, 2 other guys went there too. I luck out and loot a SCAR, one of the others has an UMP and felt like hunting me. I'm up on the balcony of the 2-story house I'm in, looking for the others outside. I turn around and see the hunter on the stairs, third-person looking at the 2nd floor in case I'm hiding in a corner. But nope, I was right in front of him and he'd have seen me if he just walked up the stairs.

The 2nd guy didn't get any loot and started running. I felt like a movie villain taking pot-shots at him as he ran through a field of wheat and tried to hide behind trees. I think I acquired the taste of blood and am going to stop hiding around like a little poo poo at the start of the round.

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.
That moment where you're almost in the top ten, and you're getting sniped at from multiple directions and you're healing up and hiding behind the tree ready to counter-attack... and crash to desktop haha

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

emanresu tnuocca posted:

All of yesterday was very laggy for me on the EU servers, massive desync and being forced to stand in front of doors and press F multiple times for it to work.

I even died once due to getting hit by desync after priming a grenade and not being able to throw it.

I died to a machete yesterday because twice in a row I desynced backwards through doors after going through them.

Then I had a round where I scored 4 kills in the school with a UMP, got fully kitted out, hit a decent area in top 20 then the server dropped out as soon as I was ready to start killing. :emo:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
They need to do some kind of rolling server restarts every 3-4 days till they can get the monthly june patch out because drat the game runs fine for the first couple of days after the weekly patch downtime.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Three of us got a win earlier. 11 kills, 11 kills, and 6 kills. Feels good to kill over 1/4th of the players. All three of us also survived.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Commoners posted:

Three of us got a win earlier. 11 kills, 11 kills, and 6 kills. Feels good to kill over 1/4th of the players. All three of us also survived.

I bet it felt easy too right? Some of those games where you dominate in a squad feel so easy it doesn't even seem fair.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

They need to do some kind of rolling server restarts every 3-4 days till they can get the monthly june patch out because drat the game runs fine for the first couple of days after the weekly patch downtime.

That actually didn't help on EU side at least. I was really excited to rush the servers after reading about restarts smoothing everything out but the very first game Uzis continued to deliver their payload in a rythm that'd make a Garand proud. toc-toc-toc-toc. One can feel the packages being sent.
I sure hope BlueHole has network guys that know what they're doing.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I think that the "server restarts" thing stems from people assuming that stuff that applied to DayZ will be translated to PUBG even though they're very different games with completely different architectures.

DayZ had an issue with objects being persistent on the servers, the DayZ mod had stuff remain permanently on the map unless the server was restarted so you had corpses and other objects just piling up and slowing everything down, PUBG resets the map after every round so unless there's a memory leak issue on the server side there's no reason for the servers to experience gradual slowdown.

I just think that the servers are generally pretty poo poo and can't cope with the player load. Who knows though really.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Commoners posted:

drat right after I went to bed too

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are your shots more accurate when you ADS as opposed to aiming in 3rd person? Or is it just a preference thing?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jimbot posted:

Are your shots more accurate when you ADS as opposed to aiming in 3rd person? Or is it just a preference thing?

Yes, a lot more accurate. With the pistols, SMGs and shotguns you can do quite well with just the 3rd person aiming, but try and do it with any rifle and you just spray everywhere.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Turns out you can walk on some ledges?

https://clips.twitch.tv/IronicIgnorantOtterPRChase

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Got talked into getting this, it's surprisingly fun. Thought it would be another insufferably boring DayZ/H1Z1/et all thing, but I'm actually having a blast.

Is there any way to make the FPS bearable though? I have a 3570k and a GTX 970. The quality settings are stripped to the bone and I'm getting FPS all over the place from 25 to 60. I assume not, but just checking that there isn't one weird trick to getting competitive FPS in Pgrounds.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Got talked into getting this, it's surprisingly fun. Thought it would be another insufferably boring DayZ/H1Z1/et all thing, but I'm actually having a blast.

Is there any way to make the FPS bearable though? I have a 3570k and a GTX 970. The quality settings are stripped to the bone and I'm getting FPS all over the place from 25 to 60. I assume not, but just checking that there isn't one weird trick to getting competitive FPS in Pgrounds.

Unfortunately in your case your limitation is probably your CPU, which is going to be a rebuild. The game is very CPU intensive so unless you can overclock the hell out of that thing you're probably out of luck.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

playing with goons is a good way to drop your squad rating lmfao

Yeah but its a really good way to up your vibes and your "idiots clowned on per minute"

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Unfortunately in your case your limitation is probably your CPU, which is going to be a rebuild. The game is very CPU intensive so unless you can overclock the hell out of that thing you're probably out of luck.

Eh.. I know Ivy Bridge is a bit long in the tooth now, but the game is not really heavily taxing my CPU per performance metrics, with the exception of the prematch countdown. That said, it is about time to build a new machine.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I have a 2600k and a 970 and my game is fine, even while streaming.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Kibbles n Shits posted:

It seems counterintuitive but set everything to low except textures. Put them at medium. That's what I'm running at and outside of the lobby and driving vehicles I hover around 25-40 fps using an​ i5 2500k and 760. The game still has a lot of weird hitches and slowdown regardless of hardware.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This game is an unoptimized mess that suffers greatly from running a huge map with an immense drawing distance and a hundred players.

From the responses ITT it seems like everyone short of those having ultra high tier computers is experiencing flactuations in frame rate and moments of slide-show like performance. But really latency and desync are going to kill you a lot more often than frame drops so don't think about it too much, imo.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 18, 2017

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Kibbles n Shits posted:

It's been recommended that you turn your draw distance and textures up to shift load to the GPU. I think that was partially debunked but FWIW it seemed to help my performance a bit, but mainly this is just an EA game and will contain massive jank for some time to come.

e: shoulda refreshed

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Yea I pretty much figured that the performance was explained by "early access", thought I'd ask just in case there was a checkbox or something I missed somewhere. It's playable as is, just hard to stay alive in a close quarters when the performance takes a dive but as long as everyone is having the same problem then I guess it balances out :v:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Games like PUBG are heavily CPU & memory speed dependent, and it sucks that this part of hardware only increases in performance about 5% per generation while GPUs are about 45% faster.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Do you have an SSD? That seems to be a requirement for this game.

I have a 2500k (although paired with a 1070) and I have pretty stable framerates.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Enallyniv posted:

I have a 2600k and a 970 and my game is fine, even while streaming.

Weren't 2nd gen CPUs absolutely mental in their ability to overclock?

I get around 60fps constantly with a 7700k at 4.6GHz and a 1060 6GB card while streaming, my old build was a Phenom II x4 with the 1060 and it was maybe 15fps without streaming, with the same Evo 750 SSD

Rubberbanding is still a problem but I think that's mostly the server

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

emanresu tnuocca posted:

This game is an unoptimized mess that suffers greatly from running a huge map with an immense drawing distance and a hundred players.

From the responses ITT it seems like everyone short of those having ultra high tier computers is experiencing flactuations in frame rate and moments of slide-show like performance. But really latency and desync is going to kill you a lot more often than frame drops so don't think about it too much, imo.

It seems like a crapshoot. Before the last patch I was running around 40-60 fps most of the time, now I get a steady 80-100 except when I'm waiting get on the plane.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Yea the game is on my EVO 850. My cpu is ~30 percent idle while I play, too lazy to check GPU. If there's anything I can do on my end short of building a new PC, I haven't found it. Oh well, I'll wait for the optimization patches, since it appears they are actually working on this one.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Soo.. I have zero issues running this game and I don't have it on my SSD. It's on my WD Black 4tb @ 7200 rpm. I have a GTX 970, 16gb RAM, and a i5 @ 4.0 ghz. I play with everything on ultra and the only poo poo I notice is typical early access bullshit.

I'm even alt tabbed most of the time on the lobby before a game starts and maybe crashed twice. The game is just loving odd with how it behaves and is poo poo optimized.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Boy, being forced to stand still in the middle of a field because my ping jumped is pretty frustrating! The odd thing was that it happened to everyone on my team, and we all got jailed momentarily even though we were on different networks. The next game my 4 man squad got dropped in the middle of a game because the server reset or something? Tough night in pugb land yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Weren't 2nd gen CPUs absolutely mental in their ability to overclock?

I get around 60fps constantly with a 7700k at 4.6GHz and a 1060 6GB card while streaming, my old build was a Phenom II x4 with the 1060 and it was maybe 15fps without streaming, with the same Evo 750 SSD

Rubberbanding is still a problem but I think that's mostly the server

I've heard good things about the 2600k's OC potential but I'm running stock cooling (and am cautious about temperature/noise) and honestly don't think I've ever run into anything that taxes it that badly. Can't say I've ever regretted the investment in this build.

An SSD has to be one of the most important parts of a PUBG-ready PC.

• Locked thread