Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Mods, please ban anyone who gets horny for any Nintendo character that isn't Waluigi. Thank you.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

That is an issue with the non glass screen protectors. The glue is lovely and the whole thing just falls off if you put it in the dock. There were people thinking that the extra thickness of the glass protector was causing issues when placed in the dock.

I got a tempered glass protector so I'm hoping it won't be an issue. I'm definitely excited to play some games tonight.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Mods, please ban anyone who gets horny for any Nintendo character that isn't Waluigi. Thank you.
Wait...
Is Daisy Waluigi?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Iwata smiles down from heaven as I play the boob-fondling Switch game with HD Rumble.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Mister Facetious posted:

Actually, they've been making the Escapists games since then.
Team17 is an indie publisher/developer these days, like doublefine. I think they handled the console ports for Yooka Laylee too.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/865233123201732608

Lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Japan is a weird place

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's better than the original Switch box

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

People are going to resell those boxes

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The Bloop posted:

Wait...
Is Daisy Waluigi?

No, I'm sorry. Daisy is Wario. Pauline is Waluigi.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

DLC Inc posted:

I already like the base game features but adding more poo poo all year to ARMS is excellent

Is this like the Splatoon content where most of it is on the disc waiting to be released?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Last night some old buddies came in town and we met at a bar to BS and drink for awhile. The bar had an old pacman machine which lead to the subject of video games coming up in. One of them mentioned hearing the new Nintendo was cool, but they hadn't seen it. I had mine in the car as I bring it to work for lunch break sometimes, so they wanted me to go grab it. I set it up on the bar with Mario Kart and a half drunken battle mode tourney broke out. The crazy thing is other people in the bar came over to play, including the bartender. It was the most bizarre loving thing, but great.

I'm meeting three old friends for drinks and dinner tonight and I'm bringing my Switch too. We used to get trashed in high school and play 64 battles. Hoping to reignite that fire tonight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Assholes are going to try to scalp those boxes as consoles and gullible dupes are going to buy them.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pureauthor posted:

Assholes are going to try to scalp those boxes as consoles and gullible dupes are going to buy them.

:capitalism:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I got the anfilm protector and it's pretty great. The screen seems clearer? Crazy. Also I put it on slightly unaligned but whatever. I had a huge air bubble but managed to get rid of it in 10 mins. That's my first screen protector story I hope you enjoyed.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Beastie posted:

I'm meeting three old friends for drinks and dinner tonight and I'm bringing my Switch too. We used to get trashed in high school and play 64 battles. Hoping to reignite that fire tonight.

You probably will. All my friends played 64 back in the day and for most that was the last time they had played. They loved it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pureauthor posted:

Ebay is really good about protecting sellers that are ripped off like that so they'll be okay there at least.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jesus, Thumper looks amazing.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 18, 2017

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
Is there a way to get both a left and a right pink joycon?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I was at a local bar the other day I was sitting in the corner Erie eating sushi will California naturally. And watching Crunchyroll on my Amazon fire HD 8 inch tablet. Needless to say it was a really good lunch and then for old friends from high school walked in the door it was Jimmy paul Alex and Petro and they wanted to drink and I was already drinking I was drinking a micro brewery IPA naturally. So we got to talking and I just happen to let slip that I had a switch. Needless to say what resulted was a 72 hour for player Mario kart extravaganza and IPA rounds for all we raced on every trip. Needless to say my old friends loved my switch they wanted my switch they needed my switch. They were so with numbered by my switch that they all ran out and immediately tried to purchase one for themselves. But of course they couldn't find any so gently caress them I lived the Nintendo switch fantasy that I'm a better person for it and it was incredible thanks

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Jesus Thumper looks amazing.
The stereotypes in Punchout Wii were pushing it, but this time Nintendo has gone too far

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

pippy posted:

Is there a way to get both a left and a right pink joycon?

Probably. The pink & green are apparently coming out in the fall and don't seem to be up for preorder yet, so not all the ducks are in a row I guess? I'm sure there'll be SKUs for pink pairs and green pairs and straps and whatever else, it's just early.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I saw some old friends sitting in a restaurant. I walked in and silently placed my switch on their table. Needless to say, I hosed them all right then and there.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I went to the store the other day and a few dudes were around and I placed my switch on the counter.

Needless to say, I'm now ultra-mayor of my block

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Those watermelon joycons look kick rear end.

Better than the purple and yellow I was imagining.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mr Phillby posted:

The stereotypes in Punchout Wii were pushing it, but this time Nintendo has gone too far

I appreciated this.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I still wish I could mod the casting to the tablet itself. Colored joycons are fine but I'm still gonna have the same old black center.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Should I see the Disgaea demo on the e-shop? (USA)

Just heard about it today. Sounds like it went up a day or so ago? Can't find it typing

DIS

DISG

DISGAEA

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I promised myself I wouldn't let a Switch until the combined dollar-value of the Switch-exclusive games I want matched the price of the console itself and errr those two are getting closer together already? What the gently caress?

I missed the entire WiiU generation though so some of the excitement for a certain IP is passing me by. Was Splatoon 1 really that good?

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

ARMS looks great but I don't know if it will hold my interest for long enough to justify it. :negative:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Feenix posted:

Should I see the Disgaea demo on the e-shop? (USA)

Just heard about it today. Sounds like it went up a day or so ago? Can't find it typing

DIS

DISG

DISGAEA

It's apparently under "coming soon" games that aren't out don't show up in search. I'm not sure if the demo does item world stuff, that's the main reason you are going to want to play. Story is probably 10-20 hours in any Disagaea with the post game item world Baal / Prinny Baal stuff being another 400-600 hours and maybe even 1000+ hours depending on how much you want to sperg out. So check out some videos of that and see if that looks fun.

You should be able to get a good feel even from story levels if you enjoy movement attack animations and combat, though you will probably play 99% of your time with animations off and speed set to ultra so you can blitz around and grind even faster after seeing the animation a few times. (even with animations disabled they still show the first time you encounter them, you can also hold the skip button to display it if you have them disabled).

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Pierson posted:

Was Splatoon 1 really that good?

Yes.

I went from a casual 3ds gamer who wasn't really into shooters and had never really played a game online to playing splat online every single day for over a year.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Pierson posted:

I promised myself I wouldn't let a Switch until the combined dollar-value of the Switch-exclusive games I want matched the price of the console itself and errr those two are getting closer together already? What the gently caress?

I missed the entire WiiU generation though so some of the excitement for a certain IP is passing me by. Was Splatoon 1 really that good?

YES

Edit: It sold as well as Mario games to give you an idea why you're seeing Nintendo push it as hard as they have been. Not so subtly jamming Inklings into MK8 and making it a big chunk of the original Switch announcement video.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 18, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pierson posted:

Was Splatoon 1 really that good?

It was and still is very good.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/CartridgeGames/status/864979097881071616

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

So butts.

When do we get to see Warlugi's butt?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Senran Kagura collaboration with Nintendo looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Wario Amiibo owns because you can just drink in every smooth curve of dat rear end.

• Locked thread