Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Playing through Persona 3 Portable after Persona 5, it weird having so much free time at times. But at the same time Persona 3 has a lot of really pointless things to skip days like the typhoon or the really awful career day crap. The later has no purpose at all but to skip four days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
heat best DDS boy

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Dragonatrix posted:

This might just be the most bizarrely ironic thing imaginable

I might be wrong about this but don't the PS3 versions of the DDS games run at like 80% speed or something? That might be what they're talking about?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Oh yeah, that's right; most of the PS2 games emulate like rear end on the PS3 for some bizarre reason.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

i was able to get it to playable with speed hacks but the music is still really hosed up sounding

(coincidentally, being able to fast forward through low level trash encounters in that game makes it WAY more tolerable)

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

So does multiplying EXP, Macca, and AP gain I imagine.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I dunno what's up with the non-Persona PS2 games, but they seem to emulate weirdly in general. Like, last I checked, Nocturne and DDS weren't displaying shadows properly on PCSX2 or something weird.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
That's an issue that's been fixable for quite a while, at least. The shadow thing I mean; it can still totally happen though it's based on graphics settings. It's always funny hearing someone be confused about why they can see through walls in Nocturne for example. :v:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The shadow thing was "fixed" for DDS and Nocturne by essentially disabling the player's shadow. Beyond that, I believe the games emulate well on PCSX2, now.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

I've just started Nocturne on PCSX2 and would have no idea if anything were wrong beyond the occasional slow-down/stuttering that I'm seeing now in screen transitions, is there any way to know beyond looking at a YouTube video of the game or something whether it's performing normally?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Moltrey posted:

heat best DDS boy

I took Roland instead of him.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Isn't Roland just a subpar consolation prize?
"Oh whoops you messed up the dialogue choices, here have a party member"
I actually kinda like Roland but it felt like he got the short end of the stick.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Roland's demon form is ten times cooler than Agni, so he has that going for him.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

HGH posted:

Isn't Roland just a subpar consolation prize?
"Oh whoops you messed up the dialogue choices, here have a party member"
I actually kinda like Roland but it felt like he got the short end of the stick.

Don't you need a DDS1 clear save too? Either way I met the requirements and still picked Roland.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Don't you need a DDS1 clear save too? Either way I met the requirements and still picked Roland.

Yes, you can't get Heat back without a DDS1 save because it's contingent on a couple of specific dialogue choices in the first game as well.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Hey you know who Atlus should hire for a game sometime?

http://genzoman.deviantart.com/gallery/11977572/Myths

Some of that is :nws: just FYI

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I'm currently a doing a new game plus run of P4: Golden on hard with self restrictions. I'm not pulling any Personas higher level than me and am mostly just fusing new ones. Void Quest has been a nightmare and it turns out I can't survive a Megido from Shadow Mitsuo. I am probably underlevelled at level 38.

I really wanted to finish the dungeon in only two days too. Might just have to grind and pay the fox.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Persona 4 Golden, what the best options for SP besides the overpriced fox? I got all the TaP out of the machine, but that all I can think of. 4 is a lot more resisted on SP unlike Persona 3 Portable super cheap Tartarus clock or Persona 5 easy to make SP items from the coffee shop and garden.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Each rank of the fox lowers the cost. By like rank 5, you'll make enough money for an SP restore after four battles.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
Other than that, make sure to buy all the SP sodas from the vending machines every time they refill. Not much else you can do besides soda and leveling the fox though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Your last resorts would be to trawl the first dungeon for SP items from treasure chests and/or abuse the SOS system, assuming anyone is still online to offer help.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Coughing Hobo posted:

Each rank of the fox lowers the cost. By like rank 5, you'll make enough money for an SP restore after four battles.

Speaking of which, I heard they change the Fox requests up. Does that mean one of the ranks isn't related to a fish you can easily miss?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

It took a few tries, but I managed to beat Shadow Mitsuo because he didn't manage to use Megido or Megidola even once!

Now I can spend the rest of August socializing. Just maxed out Nanako, but I'm behind on Dojima, Adachi and Marie, so they're gonna take priority from now on.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rirse posted:

Speaking of which, I heard they change the Fox requests up. Does that mean one of the ranks isn't related to a fish you can easily miss?

They actually make you catch more than one fish to complete that request now

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nessa posted:

It took a few tries, but I managed to beat Shadow Mitsuo because he didn't manage to use Megido or Megidola even once!

Now I can spend the rest of August socializing. Just maxed out Nanako, but I'm behind on Dojima, Adachi and Marie, so they're gonna take priority from now on.

He can do that?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

He can do that?

I checked his moveset. I died twice in a row to Megidola.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nate RFB posted:

Your last resorts would be to trawl the first dungeon for SP items from treasure chests and/or abuse the SOS system, assuming anyone is still online to offer help.

I've gotten a few people whenever I'm doing dungeon crawls. It's a way to stave off the SP decline, at least, but yeah- until you get the Fox S Link up to rank 5 or so, it's very impractical to use his services outside of desperation.

Really though, SP wasn't much of a problem for me after the Castle dungeon. Yukiko providing healing saved a lot of SP for myself and Yosuke.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

So, I started playing the first Raidou game -- I put some hours into it when it first came out, but never really got anywhere. However, I've got the PS2 in a box somewhere, so I ripped it to an ISO and am playing it via PCSX2. The compatibility database is down, though, so... is there anything I should know before committing to this? I found various reports of crashes at different places but they were all years old.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

atholbrose posted:

So, I started playing the first Raidou game -- I put some hours into it when it first came out, but never really got anywhere. However, I've got the PS2 in a box somewhere, so I ripped it to an ISO and am playing it via PCSX2. The compatibility database is down, though, so... is there anything I should know before committing to this? I found various reports of crashes at different places but they were all years old.

You might get a bug in the Raidou games with stuff like the sky layer rendering on top of everything else in the scene while walking around town, but it can be fixed if I recall by using a different graphics plug-in

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is it me or Persona 4 Golden is harder then the original? I mean the new one has new changes that make combat easier like the Persona 5 option to pick skills for a persona or Rise enhancing All Out Attacks, but I am starting to get Game Over a lot since the Big Baby boss. I just started Naoto's dungeon and got a game over twice there.

Also I am not getting as much weapons and armor from the blacksmith this time. Yoskue I think only has two weapons for sale for example.

I remember when playing it on the PS2 the later dungeons weren't too bad outside of the random wipe, outside of some of the enemies in Heaven being nasty.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rirse posted:

Is it me or Persona 4 Golden is harder then the original? I mean the new one has new changes that make combat easier like the Persona 5 option to pick skills for a persona or Rise enhancing All Out Attacks, but I am starting to get Game Over a lot since the Big Baby boss. I just started Naoto's dungeon and got a game over twice there.

Also I am not getting as much weapons and armor from the blacksmith this time. Yoskue I think only has two weapons for sale for example.

I remember when playing it on the PS2 the later dungeons weren't too bad outside of the random wipe, outside of some of the enemies in Heaven being nasty.

The Skill Cards system alone should allow you to shatter P4G over your knee.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rirse posted:

You might be underlevelled.

Some people keep asking this and it turns out they're at absurdly low levels for the point in the game they're at.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The only part of P4G I found harder than vanilla was the secret boss.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zore posted:

Some people keep asking this and it turns out they're at absurdly low levels for the point in the game they're at.

This is probably correct. A lot of my party members are level 35 - 37 at the start of Naoto's dungeon.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah I'd say you're about 10 levels off of my average at that point in the game. I know I'd usually leave the next dungeon in the high 60s or low 70s.

Zore posted:

Usually this seems to happen if they completely ignore golden hands, I find.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Rirse posted:

I'd say it's easier, if anything. Yukiko's shadow got a weakness, you can grow tomatoes and corn, you can hang out at night, party members get better skills (especially Naoto), etc...

I'm playing on Hard on new game plus and it's been difficult, but rewarding.

When playing on Normal the first time I had some trouble with Naoto's dungeon because of all the status effects though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Black Frost is usually the reccomended Persona for Mitsuo and he's unlocked at Lv. 38 so yeah you're a bit underleveled, pardner.

anyway

cursed image

Persona 5 spoilers I can't believe Evil Standing Igor came from Persona 1

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I realized I was underlevelled when when the fusion forecast wanted me to make a Garuda and I was 9 levels too low to make one.

This was with me primarily spending only a day in a dungeon, but especially thunderstorm days and going after gold hands.

I only just now did some grinding on floor 9 of Heaven after getting wiped by Namatame.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Here is how you handle P4G leveling. You make sure to fight and wipe out the golden hands on each floor and you should be all set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Moltrey posted:

anyway

cursed image

The new season of CLAMP anime looks great