Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
What did they say about Grav? I missed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
- Units exiting drop pods still have to be 9"+ away

- Grav weapons have been re-balanced

- Invulnerable Saves work the same as they currently do--you can either take the Armor save or your Invuln save, which is unaffected by a weapon's AP.

- Power from Pain - once you take damage, roll a die for each removed model, on a 6, they come back (basically a 6+ FNP)

- The player taking casualties allocates wounds

MasterSlowPoke posted:

What did they say about Grav? I missed it.

nothing, really

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

JesusIsTehCool posted:

Does anyone else feel weird about saying stratagems out loud?

Have you seen AOS?

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
gently caress, I missed a question and answer about Nids and who was writing them.

How soon will the complete video be posted?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Hra Mormo posted:

Have you seen AOS?

They seem to be trying to make up names that most people would be embarrassed to say. Age of Sigmar is most guilty of it.

But then we're getting poo poo like "Aeldari" and "Druhkari"

I swear to god if they change the name of Orks.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
- In the works: A "Live" community FAQ/feedback system where people can submit questions that other players can up/down vote, leading to a response from GW

- gently caress whoever is asking questions like "how excited are you for the upcoming edition?"

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

SteelMentor posted:

You'd be correct mate, glad to meet some Northern Goons. I usually play at GW South Shields, though Sunderland and Newcastle are no bother for me to get to. I've heard good things about Battle Bunker Sunderland as well.

Thanks for the reccs! I'm currently in the toon itself, so Sunderland and South Shields are easily gotten to. I've popped into the local GW once and the staff were lovely but the players there seemed fairly, uh, stereotypical?

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
drat, they answered my shitpost about skulls but none of my bellowing polite requests for lady Marines.

8th's sounding pretty cool. Like the approach to rules feedback.

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Thanks for the reccs! I'm currently in the toon itself, so Sunderland and South Shields are easily gotten to. I've popped into the local GW once and the staff were lovely but the players there seemed fairly, uh, stereotypical?

That's always gonna be a factor with GW stores, but I think Newcastle has it more prominantly due to it's larger size, Martin and the gang are cool.

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 18, 2017

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Floppychop posted:

I swear to god if they change the name of Orks.

Nigmos comin' atcha

Can't wait to consolidate into another combat, that's good poo poo.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Someone ask what is going to differentiate jump packs from bikes.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

panascope posted:

Someone ask what is going to differentiate jump packs from bikes.

If Crisis Suits are any indication then Jump Packs have the Fly keyword

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
I'm glad universal assault transports means I won't be massively penalised for preferring dudes in just power armor.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Tiger Millionaire posted:

SteelMentor posted:

You'd be correct mate, glad to meet some Northern Goons. I usually play at GW South Shields, though Sunderland and Newcastle are no bother for me to get to. I've heard good things about Battle Bunker Sunderland as well.

There's a club in Durham run every Tuesday evening & sometimes on Sundays that's always active and full of cool folks.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/472660802797589

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Artum posted:

I'm glad universal assault transports means I won't be massively penalised for preferring dudes in just power armor.

Wait, all transports are assault vehicles now? So I can always deploy from a rhino and have my Chaos marines slam poo poo on the same turn?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

goose willis posted:

Wait, all transports are assault vehicles now? So I can always deploy from a rhino and have my Chaos marines slam poo poo on the same turn?

Yeah, assault transports are likely to have something but rhino charges are back in.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

goose willis posted:

Yes. And depending on how the rules turn out, you may be able to slam your rhino into combat, then unload all the dudes from it into that same combat with a consolidation move

Artum posted:

Yeah, assault transports are likely to have something but rhino charges are back in.

I'm kind of hoping that the vehicles that got that don't get anything but just get "having a shitload of guns" as their upside now

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Out of curiosity, how many "normal human in power armor" units are actually in the game?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

goose willis posted:

Indeed!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

mango sentinel posted:

Out of curiosity, how many "normal human in power armor" units are actually in the game?

Sisters, maybe a few Inquisitors

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

TheChirurgeon posted:

Sisters, maybe a few Inquisitors

That's what I thought, but I wondered if there were some elite IG or Tempestus model in it I didn't know about.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yes. And depending on how the rules turn out, you may be able to slam your rhino into combat, then unload all the dudes from it into that same combat with a consolidation move

I'm kind of hoping that the vehicles that got that don't get anything but just get "having a shitload of guns" as their upside now

And I am hoping that "Assault Vehicles" get to dismount their infantry after they charge, instead of before. :v:

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

mango sentinel posted:

Sisters, inquisitors and inquisitor acolytes pretty much?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So, uh, when did they talk about units being able to charge out of vehicles? I watched the stream and didn't hear anything about that.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Safety Factor posted:

So, uh, when did they talk about units being able to charge out of vehicles? I watched the stream and didn't hear anything about that.

It happened either in an earlier rules article or in a facebook comment after one. It's been confirmed.

Strobe posted:

And I am hoping that "Assault Vehicles" get to dismount their infantry after they charge, instead of before. :v:

I'm hoping this is just true for all vehicles

might be cool for assault vehicles to have a greater "exit radius" though

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

Its more of an inferred thing since you can assault out of deep strike under all circumstances now.

E: oh or that.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Aren't imperial guards in power armor it just sucks poo poo compared to space marines or sisters of battle?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

RagnarokAngel posted:

Aren't imperial guards in power armor it just sucks poo poo compared to space marines or sisters of battle?

lol no. That poo poo doesn't even cover their legs

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Strobe posted:

If they do, it will be terrible for my wallet.

ORK PARTY BUS will have to be executed.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TheChirurgeon posted:

It happened either in an earlier rules article or in a facebook comment after one. It's been confirmed.

I'm kinda behind the charging assault vehicles idea because you'd get an LRC charge guns blazing and then fire a poo poo tonne of frag grenades.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Nope, just really really really nice space future fatigues and flak armor.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

mango sentinel posted:

That's what I thought, but I wondered if there were some elite IG or Tempestus model in it I didn't know about.

IG techpriests wear power armor. Dunno if I'd call a techpriest a regular human though.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

Welp, it's a good thing I was already building my 30k Dark Angels to be mechanized.

:pcgaming: Ironwing :pcgaming:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

TheChirurgeon posted:

I would be fine with regular vehicles dismounting before charging, so you have more possible points of failure (charge with vehicle, then charge with infantry), and may also be more vulnerable to Overwatch. Dismounting after contact is made would be a pretty cool buff for fluffy vehicles like Land Raiders barreling in.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles
BOLS has a recap for anyone that missed the live Q&A

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/05/40k-8th-qa-part-deux.html

"Can I play an entire army of Dreadnoughts?

Yes"

Pawl fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 18, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Pawl posted:

BOLS has a recap for anyone that missed the live Q&A

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/05/40k-8th-qa-part-deux.html

"Can I play an entire army of Dreadnoughts?

Yes"*

*In open or Narrative play

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

white primer uber alles

TheChirurgeon posted:

*In open or Narrative play

It talks about a FOC that is all elites:

"Choosing Armies

Force Org. detachment for pretty much every army. Even an army entirely made of Elites – there is probably a force org chart for that…"

Gonna have to wait and see I guess

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Pawl posted:

It talks about a FOC that is all elites:

"Choosing Armies

Force Org. detachment for pretty much every army. Even an army entirely made of Elites – there is probably a force org chart for that…"

Gonna have to wait and see I guess

Fair enough, I missed that part

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

BOLS posted:

More Primarchs?

- Yes, possibly a "cowardly(?)" one

Cowled =! cowardly, clickbait writers. Though I have little room to speak, since I mistook the statement about a codex as a Tyranids thing, when it was about the Codex Astartes and Bob Wilson's return.

e: I wish MCs could still target where their attacks and wounds went so they could eat characters, but whatever.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Man, all of the people bitching about how drop pods are completely worthless and that an all pod list isn't viable just reminds me of the video of them spiking the pod into that table.

Also, I wonder if we are going to get a plastic Primarus Thunderhawk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

jadebullet posted:

Also, I wonder if we are going to get a plastic Primarus Thunderhawk.
One already exists, it's called a four door sedan.

• Locked thread