Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SweetJahasus posted:

Any idea what the invade rate is on the Orpharion parts in the associated dungeons? I've done about 50 runs in the past 2 days hunting for parts and have seen zero invades, despite it being an advertised part of this event. Feels bad man.

Complete and utter poo poo. Japan just had an event with 10x drop chances *and* part invades and you didn't get anything most of the time. But now I have my very own deathpharion collecting dust on my box!

Wait like three months for that event to come to the US. Or pray that PADradar comes to the US, 'cuz you can buy the parts there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

6949 0881 - Running some predras with a push button team!

Edit: buttons pushed!

Vidmaster fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 18, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
lmao the anti-resolve awakening is just seriously, seriously broken, the strongest awakening by a mile, and i can't see myself running any potential resolve dungeon without it anymore (thank you dinobald)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zo posted:

lmao the anti-resolve awakening is just seriously, seriously broken, the strongest awakening by a mile, and i can't see myself running any potential resolve dungeon without it anymore (thank you dinobald)
I mean, is that news? It's up there with Guard Break in terms of breaking the rules of the game but it's even better at doing it.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

We were joking about it happening, but this belongs to one of you guys:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I mean, is that news? It's up there with Guard Break in terms of breaking the rules of the game but it's even better at doing it.

It's just part of the cycle. Players get X. Dungeons get anti-X. Players get anti-anti-X. Etc. Just a matter of how long. Resolve has been around for a very long while.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
New JP descended, has 3 different base form, each one with its own ultimate that uses the same evo materials

quote:

1. Shining Eye Bone Dragonbound, Erme Do

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAAwi1lVYAEi8MU.jpg

AS: Red Dragon Liquid - Randomly make 5 Blue orbs. Enhance Dragon type ATK x2 for 1 turn
LS: Dragon type HP/ATK x1.5, when matching 5 orbs with one enhanced, ATK x4.5

2. Violent Eye Bone Dragonbound, Erme Ra

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAAwkYlVYAAc8nD.jpg

AS: Create 1 row of Blue orbs on the top-most row. Enhance Dragon type ATK x2 for 1 turn.
LS: Dragon type ATK/HP x1.5. When matching 6 or more connected Blue orbs, ATK x3

3. Quiet Eye Bone Dragonbound, Erme Cu

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DAAwnUBVwAAvaz0.jpg

AS: Create 1 column of Blue orbs on the right-most column. Enhance Dragon type ATK x2 for 1 turn.
LS: Dragon type ATK/HP x1.5, when matching 2 or more Water combo, ATK x3

So you just have to do this three times:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Can I do a dathena team yet? Subs/assists of note:

Pandora x2
Beach Pandora
Haku
Andromeda
Lumiel (probably with a bind clearer)
Famiel x2
Eschamali
Beach Eschamali
Orochi
Isis x2
Chester
Sitri x3
Karin

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

trucutru posted:

New JP descended, has 3 different base form, each one with its own ultimate that uses the same evo materials

So you just have to do this three times:

I mean, compared to the shamedragon ults this is fairly tame

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Which ult do people go with for Tsubski if you only have one? I planned to put her on my Minerva team.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Munkaboo posted:

Which ult do people go with for Tsubski if you only have one? I planned to put her on my Minerva team.

Dragonkiller, you get stupid amounts of damage against a significant number of enemies and she's very good for some specific content like Special Descended Rush. Regular Tsubaki is useful but sorta generic in terms of usefulness.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Munkaboo posted:

Dragon Killer. There is no question. She does a stupid amount of damage.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

dwarf74 posted:

Dragon Killer. There is no question. She does a stupid amount of damage.

Where does she go other than Minerva, Krishna, and Ilm?

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Munkaboo posted:

You'll occasionally see her on Shivadra or Yomidra teams, and some farm builds (e.g. Legendary Earth when we had the 0 stam normals). At worst she's a strong specialized tool that you can break out when necessary, but she's functional on any red team and even some off-color teams because double Dragonkiller is just that strong.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Munkaboo posted:

The same places you'd put the other Tsubaki, but better. So yes, those three, plus what isndl said.

You are losing nothing of value, unless you had planned to use her as a leader for some reason. Seriously, the amount of pain she lays down on dragons is unreal, as is the number of dragon enemies in the game.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

padijun posted:

Can I do a dathena team yet? Subs/assists of note:

Pandora x2
Beach Pandora
Haku
Andromeda
Lumiel (probably with a bind clearer)
Famiel x2
Eschamali
Beach Eschamali
Orochi
Isis x2
Chester
Sitri x3
Karin

Yes, but you won't be able to do crazy end game content because you have no damage enhance. You also lack a double skill bind resist duder.

e: I guess you could run DAthena(Orochi)/Beach Pandora(Pandora)/Haku(Karin)/Eschamali/Chester(pandora)

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Anyone willing to throw DQXQ or Ronia (or any lead that pairs will with either of them) in a spot so I can bf them? Also, I have a present available if anyone wants.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

vulturesrow posted:

Anyone willing to throw DQXQ or Ronia (or any lead that pairs will with either of them) in a spot so I can bf them? Also, I have a present available if anyone wants.

I leave Yuna in my BFF slot if that is something you would like. She's not going anywhere.

I've been cycling between Minerva, Neptune and Ceres in my other slots although I've been using Kagutsuchi lately for lazy challenge clears.

I'm 304,382,267

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 18, 2017

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
I currently have 7089 plus eggs ready to feed in my box.

:sludgepal:

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I assume awoken heroes are coming to NA soon-ish, has anyone given them a shot on JP? I'm just asking because I have three yamatos chillin in my box. 2-color match and a heart cross for full activation sounds like a lot of work for little payoff though. 2 prongs, 7c and poison/jammer change makes them pretty decent subs I guess? At least when they get reinc and 1000 stats.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yes, but you won't be able to do crazy end game content because you have no damage enhance. You also lack a double skill bind resist duder.

e: I guess you could run DAthena(Orochi)/Beach Pandora(Pandora)/Haku(Karin)/Eschamali/Chester(pandora)

Uh, I have the dark and blue gem princesses, and Kanna for damage enhance. I really need to get my padherder cleaned up. As for double SBR, is andromeda not a good idea because you want mono-dark?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

padijun posted:

Uh, I have the dark and blue gem princesses, and Kanna for damage enhance. I really need to get my padherder cleaned up. As for double SBR, is andromeda not a good idea because you want mono-dark?

Use the blue gem princess for damage enhance since she's based off of skill boosts. With the team Paul is suggesting, you have 11 SB, which would give you a 4.3x enhance I believe.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Kuros posted:

Use the blue gem princess for damage enhance since she's based off of skill boosts. With the team Paul is suggesting, you have 11 SB, which would give you a 4.3x enhance I believe.

You could throw the enhance on Chetser, because his active skill is hot garbage. Also if your chester has his God killer awakening you won't be able to kill sopdet so there is that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

junan_paalla posted:

I assume awoken heroes are coming to NA soon-ish, has anyone given them a shot on JP? I'm just asking because I have three yamatos chillin in my box. 2-color match and a heart cross for full activation sounds like a lot of work for little payoff though. 2 prongs, 7c and poison/jammer change makes them pretty decent subs I guess? At least when they get reinc and 1000 stats.

I think Andromeda was supposed to be a kinda good leader... months ago. Nowadays they are just pretty solid subs.

Anyways, outside some outliers like Acala, Kushi, and a few others, Pantheon gods are not used as single player leads very often. So being a good sub is what they should aim for.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

vulturesrow posted:

I'm a sheep. Tell me who to vote for in PCGF.

The one monster you really want

I'd vote for Lumiel but I'm not gonna sign up for Facebook for this

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Am I okay reincarnating Indra if I also have Susano? Or is there some niche case for god type Indra still? It sounds like he's mostly used as a inherit for Heradra in A3, but I have Fujin so theoretically wouldn't need Indra anyways.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

The Hebug posted:

Am I okay reincarnating Indra if I also have Susano? Or is there some niche case for god type Indra still? It sounds like he's mostly used as a inherit for Heradra in A3, but I have Fujin so theoretically wouldn't need Indra anyways.
The two skills are pretty even. 3 turns at a longer cooldown, vs. 2 on a shorter (with a haste). I prefer the original, but YMMV.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

The Hebug posted:

Revo Indra gets his god type back thankfully. I think there were some specific strats that needed Heroic Dragon Guard's 3rd turn mega shield but those are a lot less applicable in these days of tanky leads -- susano will probably be fine.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Paul Zuvella posted:

You could throw the enhance on Chetser, because his active skill is hot garbage. Also if your chester has his God killer awakening you won't be able to kill sopdet so there is that.
Nah you just use subattr to bring her out of light and then match 3 dark and probably max two additional combos.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rascyc posted:

Nah you just use subattr to bring her out of light and then match 3 dark and probably max two additional combos.

That seems like a whole lot of work when you could just not max awaken him.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
And in keeping with the trend, one roll on the Heroine Machine gets me an Uruka.

Why are all my good rolls on my US account, and not where it actually matters?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

GoodBee posted:

I leave Yuna in my BFF slot if that is something you would like. She's not going anywhere.

I've been cycling between Minerva, Neptune and Ceres in my other slots although I've been using Kagutsuchi lately for lazy challenge clears.

I'm 304,382,267

Done. Thanks. Yuna works well enough.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Finally got a Highlander to drop after like 30 or so runs of Two Heroes. I have the buffest Siegfried because of it.

Now I have to repeat it for more Highlanders. :negative:

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
I voted for Ronia because everyone needs more Ronias.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Remember to use up your PAL points tonight!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, if there is one monster evo path that lets you get, say, a devil killer awakening and then you switch to another path that doesn't allow for it do you lose the awakening? I have never actually paid attention to this.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
yes

which is why mito is probably gonna be the only 30x killer for a while

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Zo posted:

yes

which is why mito is probably gonna be the only 30x killer for a while

3x3x = 9x, right? What am I missing?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Sono posted:

3x3x = 9x, right? What am I missing?

Slap some of those devil killer latents on her, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
There are a ton of cards that can double up on a killer type by using latents, but Mito is the only one who can triple up.

For reference, here is a chart of every card that can double up their killers, updated May 5th:

https://twitter.com/Shogen0709/status/860359383896662016

From top to bottom, that's god killer, dragon, devil, machine, balance, attacker, physical, healer.

Tsubaki and Rathalos Armor get special note. Tsubaki for having natural double killer (no latent dragon killers though), and Rathalos Armor for having double-able dragon killer with a multi boost.

For the sake of NA inclusiveness, double-able killers from Voltron would be:

Voltron - Devil
    Allura - Devil
    Shiro - Attacker
    Lance - Physical