Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

You just gonna stand there and watch me float here, or give me a hand rear end in a top hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

:lol: I didn't even notice that.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Recent expenses have put an RPR with that 3-15x50 y'all recommend on the back burner for a few months.

But I now have a S&W Shield in 9mm that I got for $400

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Recent expenses have put an RPR with that 3-15x50 y'all recommend on the back burner for a few months.

But I now have a S&W Shield in 9mm that I got for $400

FYI, S&W has a substantial rebate program going on right now. If you bought from a store, it might be worth seeing if they can match the mail-in rebate.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
exactly why I bought it. $75 off

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

You overpaid by about $100 compared to what was happening last month. But don't feel bad, I did too because I bought a month before prices went whatever the opposite of ballistic is.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I don't feel bad for overpaying, its the local shop & range that I've been going to since I was a kid. They're just about the only one close by.

Anyone else who's had a shield, did the slide release need a while to break in? So far its been a bitch, too flush to get any leverage on it and its under enough tension that I've needed both hands to depress it. Really hoping its just because its new

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's not a slide release, it's a slide lock. You're not supposed to do it that way (which is dumb, I think).

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Well it definitely didn't want to release just by racking it, which is what the user manual says. The user manual is really lovely

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Dumb question, but did you have an empty mag in it?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Nope, I understood that much from the manual. 72 rounds and a cleaning (and day two) and it now isn't a pain in the rear end if I leave it open and clear on the bench between cease fires

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Tiny guns have tighter tolerances for proper function, and they probably are using the same QA/QC standards as their full size pistols. I would not be surprised if it needs a little break in.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I have an M&P compact and the slide lock is somewhat hard to manipulate if you're using it wrong to drop the slide. Just slingshot it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Does that even work? I know you can suppress a Nagant revolver due to it's weird chamber-cylinder sealing mechanism but I wasn't aware of any other revolvers that do.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
No clue, but I've played around with that particular little revolver. Not sure what it's called, but it doesn't have a swing gate or anything. To load/unload it you've gotta pull the cylinder rod out, then pull the entire cylinder out. It seemed to fit relatively tightly.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

It'll work decent and it's dumb enough to be cool.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Mike-o posted:

Not sure what it's called,

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/2084_21_344/North+American+Arms/

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

My kid sister had one, it is a complete piece of poo poo little gun

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

:toot:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Reposting this as ordered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVEHHpA9lUY

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
This dude, Hunter "Nubs" Cayll, a man born without hands, is putting the rest of us to shame. Badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgneeKeZHYM

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Finally, a SWAT team member with a legitimate excuse for opening every door with breaching gear (instead of the knob.)

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

these are the goddamn best part of this thread.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I keep shopping for holsters for my shield and I don't even know what I'm really judging based on

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

BUG JUG posted:

Aw thanks :shobon:

I never know where else to put them, because they don't fit well in most places. The hiking subforum thinks I'm weeeeeeird for some reason :haw:

Coupon
Jun 12, 2002

BUG JUG posted:

Seconded, these shots are fantastic and make me want to get out backpacking more.

I have to admit I spent a drunken 15 minutes looking for the weapon in the last picture. I'm dumb enough to still be in.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

The only one from that last batch that I was really a dick on is the sun facing side of the Corona Arch. There were some Euro tourists there, so I went all the way up and put Waldo at the base of the arch, on the left side of the photo. Can't even really make it out due to the distance, just looks like a crack in the rock.

That was more from not wanting to freak out the Euros than actively being a dick though.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
I can't be the only one thinking that there has to be a market for a Where's Waldo/hiking/guns thing.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013
Gun+Dog Part 2.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dog is not amused

Edit: "I was taking a nap and you woke me for a picture with your gun?"

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

If he chews your balls off, I'll understand.

Love his coat.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jokers Gamble posted:

Gun+Dog Part 2.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I have been following these dating tips and none of these dates have gone well what am I doing wrong :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ-StdyJX_8

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I've only been on one date in the last nine months and it was an outlandishly comical disaster. :suicide:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The Rat posted:

I've only been on one date in the last nine months and it was an outlandishly comical disaster. :suicide:
:hfive:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

Details please

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
he tried to do a cute couple selfie but insisted on having an AK in the picture

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I normally try not to go on e/n benders, but this one is comical enough that I'll let it slide.

A couple months ago, I started talking to this woman from a dating site. She seems like a total catch. Smart, cute, outdoorsy as hell (does 14ers all over the place for fun), and doesn't want kids. After a few days of talking, we decide to go hiking for the first date. I picked a spot called Vedauwoo that I had been to several times before, but that she hadn't. The area is known for its large rock formations and fun rock scrambling in general. Here's some pics to give you an idea. (Not taken that day - as incompetent as I am, even I know that bringing Waldo on a first date is a bad idea.)

So, she drives up from Denver, we meet and carpool there. When we arrived, there was still some snow on the ground that I hadn't anticipated. The rock formations themselves looked clear, just most of the ground still had an inch or two on it. We started hiking and scrambling up one of the larger rock formations.

After we hit the top and were starting to come back down, she slipped on a patch of clear ice in some shadows, fell 15 feet and broke her ankle.

I had to carry her out over a mile. 640 feet of it was that nasty downhill rock scrambling type terrain that would normally be fun to traverse on a hike. Having to carry someone added a huge layer of complexity. I had to pick her up, move her downhill to the next rock ledge, set her down, run ahead and scout the route down, repeat until we hit the base of the rock formation. By then we had run into some other couple who thankfully helped us out by carrying our packs, and I piggybacked her from there. This whole time I was really impressed with her because she kept a cool head and didn't lose her poo poo once.

Once back at the parking lot, drove straight to the ER in Laramie. They did X-rays and said it was a solid bi-malleolus fracture. Drove back to CO, got one of my brothers to help out by driving her car back to Denver for her while I drove her back in my car. (It was her right ankle, and she drove a manual anyways.)

She said that her parents drove over from a neighboring state to pick her up and take care of her for the recovery period. She was fine with me sending flowers before the surgery. After the surgery, she said that the fracture was worse than the X-rays had showed, and her recovery time would be longer than expected. Oh, and that she wasn't feeling a connection and didn't see us dating.

:suicide:

She said she was fine with being friends, but comms dribbled out anyways. So who knows. She said she didn't blame me at all for what happened and that she was very thankful for what I did, but I can't help but feel bad. She would have been much better off had we never started talking to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The Rat posted:

bi-malleolus fracture

Solid pick-up method :v: