Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

cheers was a good show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

cheers was a good show

I like Coach and Woody but obviously Coach was better.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

cheers was a good show

was it?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

...and the pitch! posted:

I like Coach and Woody but obviously Coach was better.

The episode of Columbo that Coach directed was really good.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why did they kill off Coach anyway; did he want too much money?

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Why did they kill off Coach anyway; did he want too much money?

Nah, Colasanto died of a heart attack between seasons.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've given this advice over and over to anyone that asks, but watch the entire first 3 or 4 seasons and then just watch all the Gary's Olde Towne Tavern episodes and then the last four episodes of the series. You won't be missing much of anything. And if you feel like you are then just youtube "Norm Quips" to get the bits you skipped over.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

i watched cheers for the first time earlier this year and just burned through all of it

it was pretty nice watching ted dansen slowly destroy dianes dignity in the first half of the show

then it was pretty cool watching the show come to be about ted dansen confronting his own looming irrelevance for the second half

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I never got why Ted Danson was popular when I was a kid but then I watched early Cheers and he's pretty goddamn hysterical.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ted Dansen rules, he made Bored to Death hilarious despite Jason Schwartzmann's best efforts, and he was awesome on The Good Place.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Bob Hoskins is playing the lady Frasier is dating in the episode I'm watching right now. It's great.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Surprised at all the dislike for Daphne's mom, I thought she was a good terrible person.

My least favorite episode has got to be the one where Roz's baby daddy's parents show up and have these enormous noses. That's the joke. And, okay, maybe funny when you see it for the first time, but then you have to watch every other character walk in and laugh hysterically at this dumb joke over and over and the noses look really fake and it's just bad. I'm trying to remember what else happened in that episode but all I can recall is that stupid scene.

As a mental health expert, I've been listening to what my good friend Phil Patterson has to say. I like the way his mind works. He's a visionary, and he cares about the little people.

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007

artsy fartsy posted:

My least favorite episode has got to be the one where Roz's baby daddy's parents show up and have these enormous noses. That's the joke. And, okay, maybe funny when you see it for the first time, but then you have to watch every other character walk in and laugh hysterically at this dumb joke over and over and the noses look really fake and it's just bad. I'm trying to remember what else happened in that episode but all I can recall is that stupid scene.
Quiche her? I hardly know her!!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

artsy fartsy posted:

That really WAS the whole joke. The cherry on the poo poo sundae was that Roz's baby daddy's nose had work done after an accident - her kid's destined to have a huge honker too.

Still, as weak as the premise was, I appreciate the times in the show when they're all busting a gut laughing together instead of sniping at each other over aged brandy.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Frasier's dad suddenly developing yellow fever in S6 is pretty funny.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Which button makes your dude bust out the witty bon mots I can't get none of these combos working.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

Frasier's dad suddenly developing yellow fever in S6 is pretty funny.

"You're not 21 and her village hasn't just burned down!"

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Bulldog vs. Eddie in the USSR. Illegal dogfights, hell yeah

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

Eddie 1 vs. Eddie 2, who would win??

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

everyone else

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hold down B+L+R after selecting frasier to unlock his "classic" bald mullet costume

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
frasier trying to give a woman a ride in the rain ending in being arrested for soliciting a cross dressing prostitute is gold.

(esp marty grimacing then declaring "you're my son and i love you")

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
wait it was all a dream this is gold jerry

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
to ur question yes watch cheers after uve seen frasier then go back and rewatch frasier

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

maskenfreiheit posted:

wait it was all a dream this is gold jerry
Yeah, that was weird. I don't think they ever had another "it was a dream" trick like that.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
don't have a cow man
- miles

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Fraizer: [about the killings at the death camps] What did it feel like?
Martin: It was something that had to be done. A door had been opened and couldn't be shut. It was the end... You don't understand.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, that was weird. I don't think they ever had another "it was a dream" trick like that.

That's what's great. When you pull that poo poo 6 seasons deep it actually is a mindfuck

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Somewhere in season 2 when the owner of the resteraunt finds out the waiter got his daughter pregnant and he says, "him? He can't even get water in a glass!" :cawg:

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

egon_beeblebrox posted:

The episode of Columbo that Coach directed was really good.

And in a strange twist of fate, the one where Norm is the killer is probably the shittiest Columbo episode of all time

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
let's all go to a taco show... bippity boppity buttons and bows!

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
S6 Ep 13: The Show Where Woody Shows Up

Frasier: Okay, great. I'll just call the place around the corner. Niles you uh, gonna join us?
Niles: Well, why not? It'll be fun to drink some beer and have some pizza with a couple of rapscallions.
Woody: Oh hey, if you don't mind, could we make that half rapscallions, half pepperoni?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

ChiralCondensate posted:

let's all go to a taco show... bippity boppity buttons and bows!

Top 5 scenes of the show's run.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mel is in the Twin Peaks.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Sir Lemming posted:

Spelling bee episode is definitely a later season highlight. It's right on the edge of being too much of a farcical, one-joke premise, but they reined it in just enough.

Also, raise your hand if "THIS STINKS! THIS IS TOTAL BS! THIS -- oh here it is" is part of your everyday lexicon

Daily

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Strictly speaking it's from the 30 Rock episode where Kelsey plays himself scamming Carvel out of free ice cream cakes, but "I should throw some tossed salad and scrambled eggs at you" gets daily use in my household.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Spotted this on the wall of the bathroom of a dive bar in Montreal

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

I just got into season 8 and all the negativity about it must have drastically lowered my expectations because I can't see the dropoff in quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
One of my favorite long rear end punchlines in the entire series is the episode that cold opens with a Crane Boys party falling apart as they always do and ends with Daphne's party falling apart officially making her a Crane