Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
the IPA wars need to stop right now, i hardly drink beer any more but its insane how much of the craft beer market is tied up with ipas. ill take a good german style beer or a nice amber please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

InitialDave posted:

Just had an older guy with Oirish accent tried to sell me tools out the back of his van (I had a look, none were mine), and then wanted my postcode "because I have a friend who's lost somewhere near here and want to make sure we meet up"

Yeah, my arse. Logged it with 101 and gave them his reg number.

Fair play to the police, their reaction to "Man with Irish accent selling tools out back of van" was one step from "say no more fam".

Plot twist: it was the Snap-on guy.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Rhyno posted:

Now we just need ... some duds for my groomsmen to wear.

You know you want kilts! My best friend put us all in them for his wedding and it was awesome. Our groomsmen gifts were sgian dubhs that he made with antler and damascus steel.

Added bonus: I get to wear it to the Celtic festival and Highland Games every year now.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

spog posted:

Plot twist: it was the Snap-on guy.

they're thieves all the same, just of a different nature

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

InitialDave posted:

Communicating by text or other simple means where to go burgle.

Post code here in USA speak makes me think postal/zip code which is a general area for us yanks and anybody can google. Hence my confusion.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

fridge corn posted:

they're thieves all the same, just of a different nature

Nah, most chavs on the street can't rob you for 15k or more in a single go like the Snap-On guy can.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

InitialDave posted:

Fair play to the police, their reaction to "Man with Irish accent selling tools out back of van" was one step from "say no more fam".

Lmao this is basically what my grandfather did for a living

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Larrymer posted:

Post code here in USA speak makes me think postal/zip code which is a general area for us yanks and anybody can google. Hence my confusion.
Yeah, postcode and the number on your gatepost is all you need to get right to someone's front door here. You can Google it if you know where you're wanting to be, but the point is that you can text someone, say, "3 NW8 9AY" and bang, that's Abbey Road Studios in London right in front of you, not just "well, it's number 3 on a street within a mile or so".

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Lmao this is basically what my grandfather did for a living
Hah, not in this sense, I hope.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my last name is irish for "son of a deceitful lad" because my ancestors were horsethieves and criminals. They were not a good bunch (and still arent)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Still no ac. Dipshit maintenance came up, replaced the heater, and surprise surprise, breaker still trips as soon as he switches the thermostat to cool.

He brought up another maintenance guy... who I'm pretty sure just cussed him out in 4 or 5 languages, then dragged him outside to show him how to electricity on the outside unit.

e: now it's a race against the clock for them to fix/replace the outside unit... really nasty storms moving in pretty soon. They did tell me they have a spare one they can put in temporarily if it comes to that, at least.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 18, 2017

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

my last name is irish for "son of a deceitful lad" because my ancestors were horsethieves and criminals. They were not a good bunch (and still arent)

Nice. Mine is something like 'foreign helper'. Don't know where my people came from before they went to Ireland and took'erjerbs.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

BraveUlysses posted:

the IPA wars need to stop right now, i hardly drink beer any more but its insane how much of the craft beer market is tied up with ipas. ill take a good german style beer or a nice amber please.

:same:

As far as I am concerned, this hop war is just to cater to the hipsterest of hipsters. I mean, what's more ironic than drinking a beer that you can't even enjoy because it has more hops than the other guy?

E: Also adding a ton of hops to your beer can cover up a LOT of brewing indiscretions too, so just keep that in mind next time you tuck into a Hopishima Octuple IPA.

And for another thing, I'm really not liking a lot of these sour beers that are becoming trendy. Some of them are OK, but the overwhelming majority of them just taste vile.

MrChips fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 18, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

MrChips posted:

And for another thing, I'm really not liking a lot of these sour beers that are becoming trendy. Some of them are OK, but the overwhelming majority of them just taste vile.

I thought sours just weren't my thing because I'd disliked pretty much every one I tried. Turns out I just don't like bad sours.

Since we're on the beer subject: is anyone hopping on this kolsch trend? I see people talking about it all over the place. It seems like the pendulum is swinging the other way?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Well poo poo. Passenger front is drat near bald on the inside edge, and there's an upper ball joint wiggle to explain it. That's going to be fun. At least I have an almost new full size spare to put on that corner until I can order 4 in.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
the few sour beers ive tried have all been amazing

unfortunately i cant remember the names of any of them

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

fridge corn posted:

the few sour beers ive tried have all been amazing

unfortunately i cant remember the names of any of them

That's a side effect of really good sour beers.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Roger Ailes also died?

Ha.

Haha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD gently caress you you rabid woman assaulting democracy destroying piece of poo poo.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Roger Ailes also died?

Ha.

Haha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD gently caress you you rabid woman assaulting democracy destroying piece of poo poo.

hannity is currently on twitter defending him

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

hannity is currently on twitter defending him

No surprise. I wonder how many women Hannity has bashed?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/im-sorry-to-report-that-roger-ailes-ever-lived-1795334754

"An rear end in a top hat is not a brilliant visionary just because a toilet has a bottomless appetite for what comes out of it."

poetry

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it I agreed to work so I can't get Free T Cruiser until next week

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Rhyno posted:

God drat it I agreed to work so I can't get Free T Cruiser until next week

Your subconscious self is trying to protect you from making a terrible mistake.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/im-sorry-to-report-that-roger-ailes-ever-lived-1795334754

"An rear end in a top hat is not a brilliant visionary just because a toilet has a bottomless appetite for what comes out of it."

poetry

I want to frame this

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

I completely agree. I want to enjoy a beer because of how genuinely good it is, not to prove I can power through a bitter piece of poo poo.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Brewdog do a good job of covering a wide range of tastes. I'm partial to Punk.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

If a place sells Asahi I'm a happy man, all I want in my beer/lager is a nice crisp refreshing taste. I've had all sorts of weird and wonderful beers and ales but I've never liked one enough to have a second pint of it so I end up drinking everything, disliking all of it and then being annoyed (and drunk) when I've pissed away cash on crap drink

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
Geeze guys I'm sorry an India pale kicked your dog. Maybe you got some really bad brews, try a nice fresh hop like Stone's Enjoy By series or something.
I honestly don't know the last time I had an awful beer (that wasn't from Europe) and I compulsively order beer by pointing at tap handles I don't recognize.
I also unironically enjoy Bud Light Lime so don't listen to me.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I unironically enjoy super hoppy IPAs. Then again I also love really dark really vinegary flemish sours and oud bruins so I may just be nuts.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Adiabatic posted:

I unironically enjoy super hoppy IPAs. Then again I also love really dark really vinegary flemish sours and oud bruins so I may just be nuts.
Have you tried Brewdog Jack Hammer?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Who's hungry?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

That is a tiny coil, lol

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

2 ton ac (thought it was 2.5 tons before). But yeah, I was surprised how small it was.

Watching the maintenance guy hurl it off the balcony was amusing as hell. Put a pretty decent divot in the grass though.

I feel like I should get a tetanus shot just from looking at the drip pan.

They provided a 12000 BTU window shaker to get me through until everything comes in. I was using an 8000 portable that I own last night (and they had provided an itty bitty 5000 btu last night), but my bedroom never really got below 80. It's like a freezer in there now.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 18, 2017

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

poo poo like that is a big part of why I bought. Apartment complexes seem to be built around doing the same minimal repairs over and over again, rather than proper fixes.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

So loving true. At least they're doing a full gut and replace; the only things that will be original will be the thermostat wires, refrigerant lines, and ducts.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

That's one of the many reasons I refuse to do Residential. People in general just don't want to fix or even think about the AC Until It Breaks and even then they want the cheapest repair possible

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So loving true. At least they're doing a full gut and replace; the only things that will be original will be the thermostat wires, refrigerant lines, and ducts.

Lol, I bet they're gonna put a 410 unit in without doing a flush. Or even checking if the line sizes are correct for the new unit, based on previous experiences.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

MrChips posted:

As far as I am concerned, this hop war is just to cater to the hipsterest of hipsters.

Hopsters.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

If a place sells Asahi I'm a happy man, all I want in my beer/lager is a nice crisp refreshing taste. I've had all sorts of weird and wonderful beers and ales but I've never liked one enough to have a second pint of it so I end up drinking everything, disliking all of it and then being annoyed (and drunk) when I've pissed away cash on crap drink

Serious suggestion aldi pilsner.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
^^^ One of the Germans at work recommended me that pilsner. Said its brewed in the region hes from so he goes and gets it a lot for a taste of home.

On the IPA topic. IPAs are delicious, but sessions are where its at. Nice flavor but light enough to trow 6 back. Really the only beer I typically dont like are really wheaty or really yeasty beers.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ExplodingSims posted:

Lol, I bet they're gonna put a 410 unit in without doing a flush. Or even checking if the line sizes are correct for the new unit, based on previous experiences.

I can guarantee the lines aren't getting changed - it won't really be possible without tearing the siding off the building and tearing out part of the ceiling (no attic). More than half of my building has Payne 410 units now, and they reused the original lines.

And yeah, they confirmed it'll be 410. Originally they were going to try and swap in a used R22 unit or braze in a new compressor, but the property manager told them to rip it all out.

Sims, turns out the label on the compressor wasn't completely sun bleached, I just couldn't get a good look at it without my glasses on. :downs: The old unit was a bit older than I thought... 2005, mfg by Copeland. Seems like it should have lasted a bit longer, but after seeing the poo poo they tore out, I'm glad they're replacing everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Maybe it's just growing up in southern cali but pretty much all I drink anymore is Mexican beers. Montejo, Tecate, Pacifico, Modelo, etc. Got the right amount of German influence and can still be found all over for cheap to reasonable prices. No Hopocaust TripleIPA Hopdeath influence either, which is a trend I am anxious to see die. There's a lot of good breweries down here that sell in major stores now, but it's just a row of double IPA with a few other things thrown in.

• Locked thread