Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So much of my life has been utter poo poo that the comfortable life it looks like I'm going to have from here on out is strange, unexplored territory that I have no idea how to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

So much of my life has been utter poo poo that the comfortable life it looks like I'm going to have from here on out is strange, unexplored territory that I have no idea how to deal with.

Get a bizzare hobby like making dresses out of used mens ties. It helps fill the time and stave off the feeling that youre wasting this unimaginable luxury.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists › Post More First World Problems: Just jerk off you loving lunatic

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I had a crappy day yesterday and screamed a whole lot (not at anyone, just into a pillow like a normal person) to try to let some of the tension out so today I've lost my voice.

I want to buy some lipsticks that have been out of stock forever but probably can't really afford it this week but if I wait two weeks for my next pay cheque they'll probably be sold out again.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My staycation is almost over and that sucks I hate it ahhhhhhh

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
Soioo drunk but a walk up yonder hill to the bottle shop will do me good

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

cyberia posted:

I had a crappy day yesterday and screamed a whole lot (not at anyone, just into a pillow like a normal person) to try to let some of the tension out so today I've lost my voice.

Buy a cycle of some sort and take ur rage out on the streets

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Buy a cycle of some sort and take ur rage out on the streets

I have taken my rage out on the streets twice this week for five miles each time but I still cannot sleep like a normal person and it is 5am and I have not slept yet except for that three hour nap earlier send help

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tiggum posted:

We haven't had 1 cent coins in Australia for a long time now. If your purchase comes out to $1.99 and you pay cash, yeah, you pay the extra cent. If you pay by card though it's exactly $1.99 because it's not like we forgot how maths works or abolished all numbers below 0.05.

Uh huh, and on the other side you sometimes pay a cent or two more when you use a card.

Some older POS machines that were updated for it miscalculate by a cent on occasion because of how they handle the thousandths digit once taxes are applied. This was not considered a relevant issue when we made the switch and most people don't care.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I read a lot on my Kindle but the app on my phone (used for making quicker purchases) sends me a half-dozen alerts a day for books I'm not remotely interested in.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I loving HATE the Apple Store. My 4 year old phone's battery obviously is now poo poo--doesn't last more than 2 hours-- but it ~passed their diagnostics~ and they won't replace it. Even talking to a manger does nothing, they just won't replace it. "It's a software issue!" The assholes say. Obviously it's Apple corporate who doesn't want to give out phones/repairs because of Profit Margins. When I used to work as a genius at Apple (2006-2010) it was all about pleasing the customer and we would actually help people and replace stuff that was obviously broken but now they won't do anything. gently caress THE APPLE STORE AND APPLE. ALL CAPS BECAUSE I HATE THEM.

E: the manager said "do you miss working at Apple? I bet not" lol even she admits Apple sucks now.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:48 on May 17, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thin Privilege posted:

I loving HATE the Apple Store. My 4 year old phone's battery obviously is now poo poo--doesn't last more than 2 hours-- but it ~passed their diagnostics~ and they won't replace it. Even talking to a manger does nothing, they just won't replace it. "It's a software issue!" The assholes say. Obviously it's Apple corporate who doesn't want to give out phones/repairs because of Profit Margins. When I used to work as a genius at Apple (2006-2010) it was all about pleasing the customer and we would actually help people and replace stuff that was obviously broken but now they won't do anything. gently caress THE APPLE STORE AND APPLE. ALL CAPS BECAUSE I HATE THEM.

E: the manager said "do you miss working at Apple? I bet not" lol even she admits Apple sucks now.

iphone battery replacements are super easy and if you don't feel like doing it yourself they'll probably charge you like $50 to do it at a mall kiosk or something.

e: IIRC the only issue you can have is accidentally breaking the old battery or tearing its ribbon cable when removing it but if you're replacing it it doesn't really even matter. I'm pretty sure you're literally just opening the 2 screws at the bottom of the phone, sliding the back cover off, and then there's 2 more screws securing the battery cable in place. That's it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why would apple replace a battery that is four years old? The warranty is long gone.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
They have a battery replacement program that's $79, I got it before. But that was years ago and they gave you a new phone, maybe it's different now I don't know. My friend who is an AASP said they still replace the whole phone. Either way I am mad.

Also I don't know if I trust kiosks to put a battery in because I don't know if it's actually a new battery or some used one they found on eBay. Another friend does that and charges $ for it.

E: I guess there's one online for $20, I don't know. No matter what though, I hate apple.

E2: gently caress it I'm getting the $20 battery. I used to repair computers/phones so maybe I won't destroy it. gently caress apple.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 21:17 on May 17, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Thin Privilege posted:

Also I don't know if I trust kiosks to put a battery in because I don't know if it's actually a new battery or some used one they found on eBay. Another friend does that and charges $ for it.

Your friend is kind of a scumbag and kiosks don't do that because that's a great way to get a long line of angry yuppies yelling that the new battery you put in lasts less than the old one

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Kelp Me! posted:

Your friend is kind of a scumbag and kiosks don't do that because that's a great way to get a long line of angry yuppies yelling that the new battery you put in lasts less than the old one

Oh yeah I'm well aware that he/his boss are scumbags. His boss buys old iPhones and sells them at the same price as new ones. He also complained that the state's decision to raise the minimum wage to $13 or whatever "hurts smalls businesses like [his]" while he's wearing $10,000 watches and owns like 10+ fancy phones.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I need more shelves so I want to go to Ikea to get them. However the drive is just [whine]sooooo faaaaaaarrrrrrrr[/whine]. However my current insufficient shelf space is making my apartment be more cluttery and disorganized than it should be.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I need more shelves so I want to go to Ikea to get them. However the drive is just [whine]sooooo faaaaaaarrrrrrrr[/whine]. However my current insufficient shelf space is making my apartment be more cluttery and disorganized than it should be.

Protip: if you get those square shelving units with square shelves, they make all kinds of drawers/doors to make them even more useful:

We use one of the 4x4 shelves like in the image as our main dresser drawer thing. Black shelf with the light wood-grain doors/drawers like in the image, looks pretty snazzy!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the 17 year cicadas are early or something, gross

but this means my husband gets to experience them this time around :getin:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Kelp Me! posted:

Protip: if you get those square shelving units with square shelves, they make all kinds of drawers/doors to make them even more useful:

We use one of the 4x4 shelves like in the image as our main dresser drawer thing. Black shelf with the light wood-grain doors/drawers like in the image, looks pretty snazzy!

I do have those! They are in fact quite nice. Way sturdier than you'd expect Ikea stuff to be too. I have 5x4 white ones so they match my walls. That's what I was planning on getting. They are, in fact, drat good shelves especially for all you actually pay for them.

The nearest Ikea is just like 40 miles away and :effort:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Kelp Me! posted:

The wicker baskets from Target fit perfectly in the squares and match with the black colored shelf, and it looks pretty.

These ones:

http://www.target.com/p/large-lined-milk-crate-dark-brown-weave-threshold-153/-/A-14104457

(I'd post the pic but loving imgur requires an account :argh: )

The light colored wicker baskets probably fit too.

E: can't you buy some stuff off the IKEA website now?

E2: related: I am buying a door online but it's solid wood and I have no idea how they're going to ship it/how the gently caress I'm going to carry it into my apartment. Also I'm afraid my dumb cats are going to chew it.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 23:55 on May 17, 2017

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Since when? I post from Imgr all the time without an account.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Inzombiac posted:

Since when? I post from Imgr all the time without an account.

You can't upload from the website anymore and the app requires an account. Maybe it's just mobile versions if you're doing it off your computer and it doesn't require an account.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thin Privilege posted:

You can't upload from the website anymore and the app requires an account. Maybe it's just mobile versions if you're doing it off your computer and it doesn't require an account.

Have you tried using the SA app? It uploads to Imgur without all that fuss.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I do have those! They are in fact quite nice. Way sturdier than you'd expect Ikea stuff to be too. I have 5x4 white ones so they match my walls. That's what I was planning on getting. They are, in fact, drat good shelves especially for all you actually pay for them.

The nearest Ikea is just like 40 miles away and :effort:

Yeah they're real sturdy. For actual bookshelves they're not great, way too deep and not enough actual storage space, but with the doors/drawers they're perfect fits for clothing. It's doubly convenient because our bedroom has the washer/dryer in the corner, so it works to block it off and create almost a little side room.

Thin Privilege posted:

The wicker baskets from Target fit perfectly in the squares and match with the black colored shelf, and it looks pretty.

These ones:

http://www.target.com/p/large-lined-milk-crate-dark-brown-weave-threshold-153/-/A-14104457

Yeah, we use those to store like winter socks and long johns and such, we just put them behind doors to keep it looking sharp :v:

e: (bonus: cat!)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

???

the mobile website definitely doesn't let you upload anymore, though I haven't tried the desktop-view-on-mobile.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I saw some tourists taking selfies in front of a Hard Rock Cafe. Like what kind of podunk-rear end town do you come from where seeing a lovely chain is exciting for you?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Snoo posted:

???

the mobile website definitely doesn't let you upload anymore, though I haven't tried the desktop-view-on-mobile.

you technically can if you navigate to imgur.com/upload

for a while they changed it to a lovely splash page but now its back to normal and I can upload from my iphone but its super difficult to get the URL afterward because of the mouseover poo poo

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mu Zeta posted:

I saw some tourists taking selfies in front of a Hard Rock Cafe. Like what kind of podunk-rear end town do you come from where seeing a lovely chain is exciting for you?

The 90s.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
My dad keeps buying bananas. I only like them when they're yellow with a small bit of green at the end, and I gag once they start to get spots. So we have a new-ish bunch and the last member of the previous bunch and I'm gagging through it because I don't want to waste food and it just gets worse ughh.

For an actual problem, I'm working at home online on a job that has to be done during certain hours, and AT&T had an outage on Tuesday from 11am to 9pm, so I lost more than half a day's work hours.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 21:46 on May 18, 2017

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Dr Christmas posted:

My dad keeps buying bananas. I only like them when they're just slightly green, and I gag once they start to get spots. So we have a new-ish bunch and the last member of the previous bunch and I'm gagging through it because I don't want to waste food and it just gets worse ughh.

You're an animal. Stop eating unripe food.

My dishwasher does a terrible job when there's some peanut butter left on some knives or some mashed potatoes left on a plate. So I have to rinse them well before putting them in the dishwasher which is really ruining my life. We're moving in a couple of weeks and I really hope the new dishwasher is etter than the current one

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

KingColliwog posted:

My dishwasher does a terrible job when there's some peanut butter left on some knives or some mashed potatoes left on a plate. So I have to rinse them well before putting them in the dishwasher which is really ruining my life. We're moving in a couple of weeks and I really hope the new dishwasher is etter than the current one

I just rip a corner off a paper towel and wipe the peanut butter off with that before I put it in the dishwasher. Try that! :)

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I don't have a dishwasher. :saddowns:

Maintenance workers keep shutting off water to my building for repairs or something, only without actually telling anyone in advance. This morning I found out the water was off when my neighbor down the hall started screaming at them because they busted out the power tools at 5am, right outside his door. I wish I could say poo poo like this is a rare occurrence.

Unrelated, I'm still bitter that I didn't get the Soundgarden tickets I was promised for my birthday in middle school.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

RCarr posted:

I just rip a corner off a paper towel and wipe the peanut butter off with that before I put it in the dishwasher. Try that! :)

That's not stupid but I really want to just throw them right in there like I used to :(

Bees on Wheat posted:

I don't have a dishwasher. :saddowns:

That doesn't sound 1st world to me :smug:

But seriously you're missing out. Dishwashers are the best

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
A good dishwasher that actually washes dishes is the best.

A lovely dishwasher is just frustrating to the point that you just put cups in it and hand wash everything else. Or just everything.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Bees on Wheat posted:

Unrelated, I'm still bitter that I didn't get the Soundgarden tickets I was promised for my birthday in middle school.

You really don't have to worry about it now.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

KingColliwog posted:

Slightly green bananas are the best bananas. :colbert:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

ToxicSlurpee posted:

A good dishwasher that actually washes dishes is the best.

A lovely dishwasher is just frustrating to the point that you just put cups in it and hand wash everything else. Or just everything.

Ugh, don't remind me. My old boss gave me her daughter's who had "purchased a black one but changed her mind and got stainless so now she's giving away a near new dishwasher" and I believed it. It doesn't clean anything. Can't complain because free, of course, but we took out cupboards for it. Now it's just an awkward dish storage unit.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Finally upgrading my phone after having this S4 for nearly four years, and when I roll up to the store they asked me for a PIN # on the account which no one on my family plan knows and which my brother, who also just got a new phone, swears wasn't required when he got his. Guessed everyone's birthday, our house number, last 4 of people's SSNs, nothing :( Then I go home and realize that you can change the account PIN # on Verizon's site without needing to know the current one...but I don't find this until right after the store closes :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I don't use our dishwasher because I have to wash the dishes before putting them in anyway. I assume industrial or very expensive dishwashers can handle pieces of food, but the ones I've interacted with in my life get clogged and wonky. just something else to break~

Tiggum posted:

Slightly green bananas are the best bananas. :colbert:

:hfive: